<  please read before you register/post  ~  So what is Die Hards take so far???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:50 am Reply with quote Report this post
User avatardeepcore drillerPosts: 712Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:04 pm
Its opened..and only asking in the TF section since it is the competition to TF. Anyone hear opening day numbers? weekday boxoffice? projected weekend box office??

Personally I do not see how Die Hard even if a great movie could rake in more that TF. the media hype and marketing for TF is huge. compared to an adult market for DH and an adult AND kids market for TF. There is a much bigger audience. So just asking. :wink: :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:48 am Reply with quote Report this post
User avatarbad boyPosts: 11Location: Australia • MalaysiaJoined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:45 am
Let's put it this way. I watched TF this morning. I am planning to watch it again this week and again sometime abit later. Die Hard - going to watch only once.

The CGI on TF was super realistic.

TF is going to break records for sure.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote Report this post
User avatardeepcore drillerPosts: 795Location: Lou,KyJoined: Tue May 23, 2006 10:17 am
Why comparing the two? I don't get it. Both are action films yea, but Tf is Sc-Fi action plus both have different plots. Is it because what Bruce has said or what Mike has said about each other?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote Report this post
User avatarbad boyPosts: 313Location: Richmond, BCJoined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:41 am
Die Hard has got nothing on Transformers. Here are the factors involved:

Die Hard 4 is a sequel, TF is something new and fresh.

Bruce Willis is most popular in Die Hard movies, other than that, not many really care about him. But he was more popular during the time of the Die Hard trilogy when he was younger. Its almost like watching Stallone do Rocky or Rambo.

I don't really believe people would watch Die Hard more than once. Sure it has its moments but it doesn't feel anything like the first 2 which were the best.

Transformers appeals to audiences of all age groups. It is very universal.

Parents will take their kids to watch it and kids will be asking their parents to take them to watch it (again).

It is guaranteed to have repeat viewings from most fans.

The marketing around this film is ENORMOUS, everyone is talking about it.

The July 4th holiday will definitely help out on the business on Transformers.

There is absolutely NO competition. The only thing that might take away from Transformers is Harry Pothead but we're still comparing apples and oranges.