<  transformers: a michael bay film  ~  what happens to barricade?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:05 pm
User avatardeepcore drillerPosts: 795Location: Lou,KyJoined: Tue May 23, 2006 10:17 am
Panth wrote:
Okay, was I the only one who didn't expect brilliant writing from the guys who gave us Mission Impossible 3?

There was a plot in MI3? :lol:

The writers suck. There, to the point. It took two of them to come up with a plot holed script. It's all in the research and approach before putting the words down. After finding out some of the movies these guys were attached too I find myself saying "These assholes can write stuff like this? Hell, I'm one guy and I can write a script better than this. Maybe I should send my ideas to Hollywood? Matter of fact I think I will." They can get better but c'mon; does it really take two people to write an action movie?

I could give a shit about transformers plot. It's not what I went to see it for.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:42 pm
User avatarbad boyPosts: 244Location: Seattle,Washington USAJoined: Sun May 20, 2007 12:43 am
Orochi_Rockman wrote:
Galvatron wrote:
Orochi_Rockman wrote:
Galvatron wrote:
Orochi_Rockman wrote:
Still doesn't explain why Megatron would be speaking English to other Cybetronians when he hates humans so much. (Assuming he was conscious on some level all those years and knowledgeable of his surroundings)

I can't buy it. It's just really poor writing.

And it's not about Prime being agile it's about Prime being a fucking "Robot In Disguise".

Prime was already spotted by Sector 7 so what would be the point in transforming ? Unless he found an alternate form to change into.

To.....disguise himself? I seriously doubt that at first glimpse in the middle of the night by sector 7 they automatically knew "Oh that's a giant robot, and it turns into a peterbilt semi cab"

geez.. duck around a corner transform. Makes so much more sense.

Makes no sense to me as I said they already spotted him and Sector 7 couldn't follow a semi truck in a helicopter ?...right!
This little issue is such "Comic shop guy" nit picking it isn't even funny.
:roll:

It may be a small issue, but it's just another one on the pile. The pile that is this failure of this script.

And by the way, Prime did get away, so if they can't follow a giant stomping robot you think following a semi would be....easier?

The issue or at least you and only you are making isn't that he got away, I'm not saying anything in regards to that I was calling you out on this ridiculous issue of HOW he got away but I guess if you and only you on these forums think this was an issue then you must have far too many yourself. If the script was a complete failure then I guess the rest of the people here or the people who enjoyed it around the world must be wrong and you are right or at least that's the attitude and arrogance that you display. Why are you here then ? just to bitch and complain about such little issues, if you hate the movie fine then just leave because I'm sure nobody here wants to hear your constant whining and negativity.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:13 pm
User avatarbad boyPosts: 421Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:49 pm
Orochi_Rockman wrote:
I wasn't expecting brilliant, I was expecting competent.

Okay, you were expecting competent from guys who wrote Mission Impossible 3, and the genius behind Catwoman?
Or are you just way to picky?

I think its a combination. Here's what we'll do, you go out and write a movie script, then post it here for us all to read and critique.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:23 pm
User avatarsas agentPosts: 1221Location: Houston, TexasJoined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:39 pm
I would assume that it is easier to clear more ground as a bi-pedal giant than it would be on wheels. Now, given that the jig is up, and Sec 7 can detect them with their Geiger counters anyway, ......run, Prime, run!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:52 pm
User avatarbad boyPosts: 197Location: Winter Park, FLJoined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:20 pm
I'm not sure at what point in history of mankind that the art of storytelling had to be 100% based on reality. You could pointlessly argue about the characters in Homer's Odyssey just as much as the fantasy and folklore of Transformers and how fire & explosions can't exist in space. In the end is all this arguing really going to make your life more fulfilling? I think not. Your just going to give yourself an angry mood and headache for no real good fucking reason.

Its saddening when people need to be reminded that this film is about the art of storytelling, not the facts of reality and that rabbit can't possibly come out of hats, and Babe couldn't possibly be a giant blue ox.

With Transformers you are meant to sit back, relax, forget about the fact that unicorns and cheshire cats don't really exist, and enjoy the ride. Free Your Mind.

Some of you people are reading waaay too much into this. Transformers is a modern Tall Tale. its an art form that goes back to ancestors sitting around tables of food or campfires. This tale just happens to be on the medium of film.

Suck it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:00 pm
User avatarbad boyPosts: 244Location: Seattle,Washington USAJoined: Sun May 20, 2007 12:43 am
ScarCrow28 wrote:
I'm not sure at what point in history of mankind that the art of storytelling had to be 100% based on reality. You could pointlessly argue about the characters in Homer's Odyssey just as much as the fantasy and folklore of Transformers and how fire & explosions can't exist in space. In the end is all this arguing really going to make your life more fulfilling? I think not. Your just going to give yourself an angry mood and headache for no real good fucking reason.

Its saddening when people need to be reminded that this film is about the art of storytelling, not the facts of reality and that rabbit can't possibly come out of hats, and Babe couldn't possibly be a giant blue ox.

With Transformers you are meant to sit back, relax, forget about the fact that unicorns and cheshire cats don't really exist, and enjoy the ride. Free Your Mind.

Some of you people are reading waaay too much into this. Transformers is a modern Tall Tale. its an art form that goes back to ancestors sitting around tables of food or campfires. This tale just happens to be on the medium of film.

Suck it.

I will agree essentially with your analogy about the story telling aspect and about the characters as well as how "realistic" the movie was and that's exactly why I was saying some of the things that I said, some of the complaints about Sabot's and why optimus prime didn't transform at this or that scene and why was megatron speaking english were just down right petty and ridiculous!
As far as sucking it well hell no! sounds like a personal problem! ha ha ha.
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:43 pm
User avatarbad boyPosts: 80Location: TexasJoined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:58 pm
BumbleBee is the only one that should take out that
"thing".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:25 pm
User avatarbad boyPosts: 197Location: Winter Park, FLJoined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:20 pm
Taking the thread back to topic a bit.....

heres a link. Read the bottom. Saleen not only built Barricade, they also built the first working "New" Camaro. Which is actually a GTO "in disguise".

http://www.saleen.com/transformers.htm

I would love to see more Barricade Vs. Bumblee fights in any and all TF sequels. It would be a great homage to the Ford Vs. Chevy battle that has been on the streets for decades.

discuss....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:27 am
bad boyPosts: 19Location: Budapest, HungaryJoined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:20 pm
I think Megs was half-awake in the Hoover dam and maybe before. That might explain why he hates humans (other Decepticons didn't really seem to mind us if not in their way) how he learnt English etc. He just couldn't act deep-frozen.
Remember, when he's melting the S7 guy mentions the PRESSURE. Maybe he could move easily in the vacuum of space and that makes the difference.

Barricade: I think Cadey got the word ther'lll be a Tf2 on the highway and decided to take care of himself.

Offline Profile WWW