Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noooooooo!!!!!

Default Re: Noooooooo!!!!!

Duh. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan but what is this? It was always so beautifull how even from behind the mask you could feel the strugle in Vader. And you could see how he comes to the decision even without the actors face. ... Meh...

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

Damn, I knew Lucas will do something stupid again! This guy's nuts.

I kinda figured he might do something like this.

Now I wonder what he will do with them when they are re-released to the theater in 3D. :head

This is George Lucas we're talkin about here. Not surprised.

You know what pisses me off even more than this one specific change? The fact that George Lucas just won't let Star Wars go and move onto other projects. I hate to say it, but IMHO, as much of a classic it is, Star Wars is winding up to be one gigantic dead horse....or cash cow. A scary dead cash horse-cow hybrid. Because now we got the 3-D re-releases coming out, starting next year with Episode I! Maybe we'll get the 4-D "Smell-O-Vision" edition in the next decade, which will have even more changes and added CGI.

I would seriously love it if Lucas tried something new for once. He should do what Jim Cameron did with Avatar and direct an all new original massive blockbuster epic. Hell, he could even do smaller film projects in the spirit of American Graffiti. Just the idea would earn Lucas some newfound respect from myself and possibly other filmgoers.

I'm speechless. They've change the Ewok eyes too. Now they're CG.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I hate to say it, but IMHO, as much of a classic it is, Star Wars is winding up to be one gigantic dead horse....or cash cow. A scary dead cash horse-cow hybrid.
    I agree that the feature films are dead horses but the brand Star Wars is still kicking butt, especially the Clone Wars TV series. Thank got that Lucas is not hugely involved in that.

Here are the other changes:

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I'm speechless. They've change the Ewok eyes too. Now they're CG.
    I'm gonna try to keep my nostalgia googles off and say that it's actually nice to see Ewoks blink for once. It is kinda weird to not see them blink. Same thing goes for CGI Yoda. The Yoda puppet in Phantom Menace was just god awful. I'm sorry, but that wasn't Yoda. That was his cousin...Soda. I dunno. I mean, CGI Yoda is not fantastic, but in terms of shape and appearance, it's closer to the original Yoda puppet from the 80's. (Which is, of course, the best one ever.)

But adding "NOOOO!!!" to ROTJ? Actually, you know what? I don't mind the first "no" so much. It's like a "f*ck this sh*t" kinda "no." But the second one, ohhhhhh boy...I don't need to be reminded of that scene in Revenge of the Sith.

I don't have a problem with giveing more life to the Ewok eyes. Hell it's already been done to the Gorn in Star Trek Remastered episode Arena.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I'm gonna try to keep my nostalgia googles off and say that it's actually nice to see Ewoks blink for once.
    You're right, I've made this comment before I found the videos. When I've read CGI eyes first I thought they will change the whole eyes and make them look like real one. Now they're fine.

Does anyone know if the upcoming Blu-ray set also includes the original theatrical versions of the original trilogy?

^ I have read that these are most likely the Special Editions only. Knowing Lucas ,he will wait for an outcry from the fans and then release the originals on Blu-Ray...finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    ^ I have read that these are most likely the Special Editions only. Knowing Lucas ,he will wait for an outcry from the fans and then release the originals on Blu-Ray...finally.
    You know what would be amazing? If there was this super awesome feature where we could pick and choose what changes we do or don't want to see in the movies, so we could have our own customized Star Wars experience!

What the fuck have I pre-ordered???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LUCAS!!!!!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!
    The Darth Vader nooooo! fuck up scene was bad enough, and now he's fucked up the Obi-van - Sandpeople scene as well!!
    What the fuck was that sound??!!
    I'm SO!!!!!!!!! keeping my Star Wars DVD:s!!!!!!!
    I just hope these clips are just a prank. That somebody has made those with their computer to piss people off and that they are not in the real Blu-ray versions...:head

This is what Hitler thinks about the Blu-ray changes! :lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nny7w_eLIT0

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    This is what Hitler thinks about the Blu-ray changes! :lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nny7w_eLIT0
    Hahahahaha! Awesome!!!! :lmao

i came to the realization that this is George's movies if he wish's for these changes then more power to him. it is his vision that captivated fans to begin with and now everyone pitch's bitch fits when it is a change they don't approve of. if you don't like the changes become a director and make your own stories the way you want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERWING View Post
    i came to the realization that this is George's movies if he wish's for these changes then more power to him. it is his vision that captivated fans to begin with and now everyone pitch's bitch fits when it is a change they don't approve of. if you don't like the changes become a director and make your own stories the way you want them to be.
    The changes aren't necessary at all, that's why everyone's angry. Sure, they're George's property, but he's such an idiot that he releases them over and over so he doesn't loses his entire money.
    Although some changes aren't that "end of the world" type, like blinking ewoks, they still demonstrate that Lucas has finished his credibilty, and in a few years he's going to remake the trilogy 'cause it's his. It's like if Michael Bay didn't give s**t to his fans.

And being a director and making an amazing film or films, doesn't give you the right to see your films and ONLY notice the "flaws" and how to change things or details and re-sell them, instead of making more films.

Woah, I'm not a Star Wars fan and I'm defending them!

Banned

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Star Wars Christmas Special.

:wtf:lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    The changes aren't necessary at all, that's why everyone's angry. Sure, they're George's property, but he's such an idiot that he releases them over and over so he doesn't loses his entire money.
    Although some changes aren't that "end of the world" type, like blinking ewoks, they still demonstrate that Lucas has finished his credibilty, and in a few years he's going to remake the trilogy 'cause it's his. It's like if Michael Bay didn't give s**t to his fans.

And being a director and making an amazing film or films, doesn't give you the right to see your films and ONLY notice the "flaws" and how to change things or details and re-sell them, instead of making more films.

Woah, I'm not a Star Wars fan and I'm defending them!
    you do realize that special effects like the type in the prequel trilogy did not exist when the original trilogy was released, if it makes the sometimes very dated fx match up a little better i am all for it. tiny tweeks are fine if however George replaced Bobba Fett with a giant chicken then well.......

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERWING View Post
    you do realize that special effects like the type in the prequel trilogy did not exist when the original trilogy was released, if it makes the sometimes very dated fx match up a little better i am all for it. tiny tweeks are fine if however George replaced Bobba Fett with a giant chicken then well.......
    Sure, those weren't then but why change them? It ain't fixing them since it ain't necessary. I would buy the Blu-Rays if there were the original films, not changes whatsoever. Tiny tweaks like the blinking Ewoks I'm good with, but Vader's "noooooo" all over again, or who knows what other things we don't know yet.