Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Default Ghostbusters 3

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81518

After years of rumors, it appears that Ghostbuster 3 is finally moving forward and will likely do so with or without Bill Murray's involvement.Dan Aykroyd appeared on The Dennis Miller Show to discuss the project, dropping specific details about the sequel, hinting that the plan is to film in Spring of 2012 no matter what happens casting-wise.

"Yes, we will be doing the movie and hopefully with Mr. Murray," he says, "That is our hope. We have an excellent script. What we have to remember is that 'Ghostbusters' is bigger than any one component, although Billy was absolutely the lead and contributive to it in a massive way, as was the director and Harold [Ramis], myself and Sigourney [Weaver]. The concept is much larger than any individual role and the promise of 'Ghostbusters 3' is that we get to hand the equipment and the franchise down to new blood."

The comedian also confirmed reports that the plot will revolve around a new generation of Ghostbusters and hinted at the states of his and Ramis' characters.

"My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can't drive the cadillac," he says, "He's got a bad knee and can't carry the packs... Egon is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that's the promise. We're gonna hand it to a new generation."

If they end up make this without Murray it will fail miserably. And from what I've read it's obvious that he is not interested in coming back. He was given the script a year ago and hasnt even read it yet.

Default Re: Ghostbusters 3

We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out. Personally I would've liked to have seen a completely CG film like Ghostbusters The Game. That way the characters remain ageless and the film could take place in any time period.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out. Personally I would've liked to have seen a completely CG film like Ghostbusters The Game. That way the characters remain ageless and the film could take place in any time period.
    If you were to go the animation route, you're better off making it a TV show than a film.

I'm guessing Aykroyd said "premise" instead of "promise"...

After holding this movie hostage for several years, it appears Bill Murray has finally agreed to return.

It's about time.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Ghostb...eport/45472977

That has been the number one reason for this film being in limbo for years. Murray rarely does sequels, in fact I've read that even while doing the voice work for the game he wasn't that committed to it. Hope this is true and not some internet rumor.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    That has been the number one reason for this film being in limbo for years. Murray rarely does sequels, in fact I've read that even while doing the voice work for the game he wasn't that committed to it. Hope this is true and not some internet rumor.
    Yeah I think I was Rick Rolled on this one.

Either way, if Murray keeps refusing, Akroyd should just let this thing die.

They shouldn't do this movie without Murray.

Default Re: Ghostbusters Reboot

Sony Can't Survive On 'Spider-Man' Alone
    Scott Mendelson wrote:Sony Pictures already has enough healthy properties (Spider-Man, 007, Resident Evil, its animated properties, the seemingly surefire Goosebumps adaptations, and its comedy star vehicles) to survive and even thrive as they foster new franchises, attempt to reboot older ones (Men In Black, Ghostbusters, Charlie’s Angels, etc.), take some financial hits, and occasionally distribute “real” films like Captain Phillips or Looper. A film slate built on the overexposure of Spider-Man will do little more than to to kill audience interest in the web-slinger while leaving the studio with that much less money and release date real estate to foster other would-be franchises for the future. Point being, Sony had a bad summer. It happens. As you recall, they had a terrible summer 1996 (The Fan, Multiplicity, The Cable Guy, etc.) only to roar back to life in 1997 with My Best Friend’s Wedding, Men In Black, and Air Force One. The worst thing Sony can do is panic and just overload on the one surefire property they own while ignoring their very real successes.

Ivan Reitman talks Ghostbusters 3: He won’t direct + hoping to start filming in the fall

Here’s some of the highlights of director Ivan Reitman’s recent interview with Deadline.com:
    The first [script] was done by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, and me, Harold [Ramis] and Dan [Aykroyd] helped them on it. It was a really good script, but then it became clear that Bill really didn’t want to do another Ghostbusters and that it was literally impossible to find him to speak to for the year or two we tried to get it going. When Bill finally…well, he never actually said no, but he never said yes, so there was no way to make that film. We decided to start over again, and I started working with Etan Cohen, with Dan lending a helping hand. Harold got sick about three years ago, and we kept hoping he would get better. I kept pushing forward on the Etan Cohen and we now have a draft that is very good, that the studio is very excited about.
    Nothing too earth shattering, right? Keep going…
    “When I came back from Harold’s funeral, it was really moving and it made me think about a lot of things. I’d just finished directing Draft Day, which I’m really happy with and proud of. Working on a film that is smaller and more dramatic was so much fun and satisfying. I just finally met with Amy and Doug Belgrad when I got back. I said I’d been thinking about it for weeks, that I’d rather just produce this Ghostbusters. I told them I thought I could help but let’s find a really good director and make it with him. So that’s what we’ve agreed will happen. I didn’t want all kinds of speculation about what happened with me, that is the real story.”
    Sony’s Pascal confirmed the above:
    “We totally understood.” “He was thinking he might feel that way when Harold died, and then came back to us and confirmed it, that while he was excited to return and make the movie as producer, but did not feel he wanted to direct the movie. We are delighted to work with Ivan on this movie in that capacity. We love him, and he’s going to continue to play an important role. We’re very anxious to get the movie started.”
    Reitman continued with talk of the new Ghostbusters cast and possible start date…
    “I’m not going to say how many Ghostbusters there will be in the new cast, but we are determined to retain the spirit of the original film, and I am pleased that all of this seems to have happened organically,” “I’m hoping we can get started by the fall, set in New York, but given the logistics and the stuff that happens, the beginning of 2015 seems more likely.”
    To check out the rest of the interview, head on over to Deadline.com.

Dan Aykroyd confirms Ivan Reitman/Ghostbusters 3 rumor
    Dan Aykroyd @dan_aykroyd
    Follow Packs on! Will have Ivan’s back as I help him produce a GB 3 that Harold would be proud of.
    7:31 PM - 19 Mar 2014

LEGO MOVIE Duo Reportedly In Talks To Direct GHOSTBUSTERS 3
    According to the ever-reliable Nikke Finke, Phil Lord and Chris Miller (The Lego Movie, 21 Jump Street) are on Sony's radar to take over directing duties from the departing Ivan Reitman on the third Ghostbusters flick.

The Ghostbusters LEGO Set is a Reality

THR:
    'Ghostbusters 3' Targets Paul Feig as Director
    UPDATED: Sources say the film will be a reboot focusing on female Ghostbusters.