Thread: The Woman in Black

Default The Woman in Black

Horror/Mystery film starring Harry P...I mean Daniel Radcliffe. It seems interesting like most horror movie trailers.

"I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: The Woman in Black

Loved the book, looking forward to the movie.

And I have to say, that trailer is pretty damn good.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Thumbs up Re: The Woman in Black

Saw it the other day...

I'll say only one thing - in my view, it's one of the most frightening and effective horror films of the last 10 years. No Freddy, no Jason, no Jigsaw...pure old-school gothic horror that'll scare the s*** out of you. If you're a fan of these types of films, don't miss it. Go see it on the big screen as soon as you can. You'll thank me later.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Saw it the other day...

I'll say only one thing - in my view, it's one of the most frightening and effective horror films of the last 10 years. No Freddy, no Jason, no Jigsaw...pure old-school gothic horror that'll scare the s*** out of you. If you're a fan of these types of films, don't miss it. Go see it on the big screen as soon as you can. You'll thank me later.

That's spot-on. About time I saw some horror films withouh many cliches
    The only problem that I really hated was that the cinema was full of idiotic teenagers who couldn't keep their f**** mouths shut and were laughing at every scare. it should be legal to kill them with a machete.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    That's spot-on. About time I saw some horror films withouh many cliches
    The only problem that I really hated was that the cinema was full of idiotic teenagers who couldn't keep their f**** mouths shut and were laughing at every scare. it should be legal to kill them with a machete.
    Yeah, I can't take that. I ever have that problem, I take care of it, even if it means looking like an ass and getting a manager in to tell them to stop or yank them out. Luckily I didn't have that problem with this film.

Yeah, it was great to see an old school horror film like that in a theater. It felt like a cross between old school haunting films like The Innocents and monster movies like, well, most of Hammer's classic output. The Woman herself has all the makings of a classic monster, and the Eel Marsh house could easily join the ranks of best haunted houses in film. If ever there were an opportunity for a new creation to join the ranks of Dracula and Frankenstein, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    It felt like a cross between old school haunting films like The Innocents and monster movies like, well, most of Hammer's classic output. The Woman herself has all the makings of a classic monster, and the Eel Marsh house could easily join the ranks of best haunted houses in film.

Agreed.

And I'd like to mention that I really liked Daniel Radcliffe's performance. 15 minutes in and I forgot that this was the kid that played Harry Potter for 10 years. Good choice on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Agreed.

And I'd like to mention that I really liked Daniel Radcliffe's performance. 15 minutes in and I forgot that this was the kid that played Harry Potter for 10 years. Good choice on his part.
    I feel the same way. He reminded me of Peter Cushing at some points, to be honest.

Its nice of Daniel to make personal advertisement for this movie, i saw him on Dutch television for RTL4 i believe it was.
    Glad he finally does something different.. Movie looks good hope to see it.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!