Thread: Is it just me?

Default Is it just me?

How many vacations does our President take? I'd be lucky if I had as many as him. To me it seems like the wrong tone for a President at this time in America.

Default Re: Is it just me?

It's not just you, Mike.

The President and Congress both. They always seem to be going on vacation.

"Not sure we're gonna get this deal finished, which helps our citizens, before we go on break" is something we hear too often.

Must be nice.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Bush had more. . . just sayin'. He had taken about 300 days by this point in his first term
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    How many vacations does our President take? I'd be lucky if I had as many as him. To me it seems like the wrong tone for a President at this time in America.
    I thought vacations in the US were only 2 weeks a year!

Perception. I agree it's the wrong time to take a vacation for the President. Congress shouldn't definitely take a vacation.

But at this point in his term he's had way less (38) vacation days than the 3 Republicans President before him (Bush had 102 at this point) and more than than the previous 2 Democratic Presidents before him.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...es-on-vacation

Doesn't Obama take his work with him on his vacations?

You know that same exact thought was running in head when I came to this forum.
    I just got home from work and turned the tv on to see that.
    Same goes for congress, that whole FAA thing really rubbed me the wrong way.
    Goes to show how seriously some people take their jobs.
    "Drivers dont pick the cars. Cars pick the drivers"

I agree 100% Mike. It always seems like the President (whoever it is) takes alot of vacations during their term. I usually don't get involved in political discussions/debates and I'm not saying this is one nor am I trying to turn this into one. But regardless who the President is it just always seems that way. I totally understand the fact that everyone needs a vacation but it gets to be kinda ridiculous. Especially at this point and the state our economy is in it just doesnt seem like the right kind of news to present. And I'm not single-ing out Obama as I said everyone deserves a vacation and time with their friends and family. But I do agree very much so with your post Mike.

If you ask me, if you get to a position like being the President of the United States, you shouldn't even get vacations. For 4 or 8 years it's your job to run a country, something you asked for. There's no downtime in a job like that.

I can't even remember the last time I took a real vacation.
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post
    If you ask me, if you get to a position like being the President of the United States, you shouldn't even get vacations. For 4 or 8 years it's your job to run a country, something you asked for. There's no downtime in a job like that.

Well, Clinton took the least vacations, and look where that tension got redirected to.

Personally, I think the president totally deserves a vacation. The guy can't even take a shit without some wingnut pundits bitching about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski

I agree.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Here in Europe most politicians are taking vacation and also most Royal families and some needed to come back from their vacation because of several crises have occurred lately mostly because of dramatic accidents or financial instability in Europe...

How these people can fully enjoy their vacation is a big mystery to me.. while they know people are having hard times in this crisis...

Organizations tried to raise money for people in Africa: Somalia, Kenia,... international there was $1 Billion but its not enough because theres more suffering to come for these people because of the drought, and they still need 300 Million to buy all the food for these people there. 400.000 children are threatened to die of hunger.
    This just shows that people are affraid of spending money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post
    Same here...
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Banned

don't know much bout US politics, but just wanted to say:

Michael Bay for President!

Megatron for SecDef!

Their vacations need to be similar to the rest of the US. 1 week for the first year and 2 weeks each year after that. If they get reelected give them 3 weeks a year and let that be the end of it.