Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your favourite subtle details

Default Re: Your favourite subtle details

One of my favorite subtle details is in the base jumping scene when they are being chased one of the guys gets hit in the face with a cinder block which is debris from one of the explosions, anyone remember what I am talking about. Also when the base jumper bounces of the V-22 as they are free falling. Love it...Madness to say the least, best movie ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Link
    Yep, but was it on fire in theaters? I can't remember clearly, but I think it just passed by in theaters undamaged.
    They were on fire in theaters, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunnerD View Post
    One of my favorite subtle details is in the base jumping scene when they are being chased one of the guys gets hit in the face with a cinder block which is debris from one of the explosions, anyone remember what I am talking about. Also when the base jumper bounces of the V-22 as they are free falling. Love it...Madness to say the least, best movie ever.
    When they jump and the music stars, at the back there's a guy on fire!!!

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I'm going to post this here because comments on the ROTF board is disabled:
    In Egypt, when Megatron fires his fusion cannon at Sam and Mikaela (just prior to the shot of them running away from the explosions in slow motion), the shot slows down as Megatron fires more shots. Behind some pillars you can see a Decepticon protofrom running and fast when Megatron starts firing, however when the action slows down, so does the Decepticon, now running in slow motion.
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

When Sentinel and Optimus are alone on the plains, look at Sentinel's chest 'windows' just before Optimus kneels and offers him the Matrix. You can just see Optimus' reflection in the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Magnus View Post
    When Sentinel and Optimus are alone on the plains, look at Sentinel's chest 'windows' just before Optimus kneels and offers him the Matrix. You can just see Optimus' reflection in the glass.
    Have you also noticed the fireflies in that scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Give $20 to the guy who put them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Not at first glance - I was too busy looking at Sentinel and Optimus Chances are I did see them, but I didn't register them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Magnus View Post
    Not at first glance - I was too busy looking at Sentinel and Optimus Chances are I did see them, but I didn't register them.
    I doubt that anyone noticed them until they were mentioned in the special feature blu-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I doubt that anyone noticed them until they were mentioned in the special feature blu-ray.
    Yeah, that was one subtle detail that Bay absolutely loved.

Not exactly subtle details, but I liked them nonetheless:

The Decepticon cruiser has a pearlescent effect to its outer skin, so its colour changes depending on the light and viewing angle.

In Bumblebee's last transformation, little puffs of pressurised gas come out from several points on his body.

I love that the "helmets" of both Sentinal and Optimus Prime are "the same". It's the prime helmets .
    And if I may post a detail from rotf, my all time favorite subtle detail is in the forest fight scene when Optimus turns his head to see when he hits the ground when Megatron plows him to the down. The animators for these films are just geniuses.