Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite subtle details

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Default Re: Your favourite subtle details

Watching the DVD. When Soundwave pops Sam and Carly out of the car, he transforms just like Jazz did in the first movie.

More subtleties seen in the DVD. When Starscream dies, an El train on fire passes in the background.

The Firebird at the bottom left. I spotted it imediately in theaters.

PDVD_103.JPG
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Has anyone else here stopped to take a real good look at the cover of "She Comes First?"* The title isn't the only thing that's wrong with it!

:lmao

*btw, it's a real book. You can buy it on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Has anyone else here stopped to take a real good look at the cover of "She Comes First?"* The title isn't the only thing that's wrong with it!

haha yeah i totally saw that teh first time haha but didnt think to much about it :P
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Banned

It's actually not a bad read, most of the stuff is common knowledge (for men like me lol), its useful for guys that need a little guidance in certain area's lol. I read it for a few extra idea's, hints and tips to add to my ever expanding $exual repertoire.

To quote Sgt Johnson from the Halo games "I know what the ladies like!"

Default Re: Your favorite subtle details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    It's actually not a bad read, most of the stuff is common knowledge (for men like me lol), its useful for guys that need a little guidance in certain area's lol. I read it for a few extra idea's, hints and tips to add to my ever expanding $exual repertoire.

To quote Sgt Johnson from the Halo games "I know what the ladies like!"
    This book is getting popular lol.
    Yeah it's idd common knowledge but funny that they used this book in the movie, i thought it was just about relationship issues or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Hhaha XD omg hilarious XD i just downloaded it XD :P cant believe they used it in the movie :P
    But its a serious book guys you should read it, its also pretty funny :P

Send me a PM if ya wanna have it :P
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

OMG That is sooo wrong.....LMAO
    R.I.P. Ironhide

Optimus Prime:" We will kill them all."

Autobots mangling unamed decepticon.

PG went out the roof in that one

but the kids probably just "YAAY! VIOLENCE!":lmao

This isn't probably a subtle detail, but when Sam looks in the side mirror during the highway chase to see the "dog" like dread charging with the words Ojects in mirror are closer than they appear always gives me a chuckle.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

You'll have to crank up the volume on this one, but when Optimus revives Sentinel with the Matrix, you can hear him speak in weird tongues.

You'll have to crank up the volume on this one, but when Optimus revives Sentinel with the Matrix, you can hear him speak in weird tongues.
    Makes u wonder: if we take in account revenge of the fallen, sentinel never carried and couldnt know about the matrix of leadership. Só how is he a prime?

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    Makes u wonder: if we take in account revenge of the fallen, sentinel never carried and couldnt know about the matrix of leadership. Só how is he a prime?
    Optimus didn't know about the Matrix before TF2, I think. Wonder if Sentinel could've killed the Fallen. Which is obvious

Details I've noticed: When Brains transforms from the laptop he says "I'm on fire". Look at his hair and there's smoke
    Before the Ark flies in (Intro) a Ravage-like D-con is firing on a bridge, and this collapses, killing the bot.
    Sentinel's blade sorts of locks in place before he drops from the building.
    Optimus cuts off a tentacle from the Driller when he fires at it.
    When Shockwave arrives in Chicago and gets out of the Driller and walks towards the camera, there are a few tentacles ON the building behind him. The Driller was large.
    Topspin (Blue Wrecker right?) and Leadfoot kill a big D-con at the end by climbing on him and firing at his head.
    The alarm-like sound of the pillar and Cybertron sounds awesome!
    When Prime flies in and goes all Oldboy with the D-cons, there's a lot of detail here when he arrives:
    -A D-con gets his face blown.

I bet because of his sinister nature, the Matrix of Leadership would have rejected him as a bearer. Probably one of the reasons he gave it back to Optimus. And thank GOD too! Imagine Sentinel with the Matrix? We'd be screwed.

You know you're a good Prime gone bad when not even the Matrix likes you anymore.

When Optimus is flying in to kill all the decepticons, while he's still in the air he shoots at one decepticon and the latter falls over the "bridge".
    (Right Hand Corner)

Also while he's still in the air there's a decepticon who's already down. Ratchet is the one who killed him.

it is entirely possible that Sentinel knew about the Matrix and just never mentioned it. If we go by the ROTF timeline, the Matrix was lost sometime after the Fallen turned on the Primes. That was a LONG time ago. So, not only did Optimus never have the Matrix, it is entirely possible Sentinel never had it but he did KNOW about it. The movies don't make clear how one becomes a Prime.

Banned

The part when Sam's parent see his crappy car... I thought in the movie she said "piece of crap" but on the DVD she says "piece of shit"?

Also i didn't notice the part when Sam's mother walks pass Carly in the White house and comments "nice box" lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    The part when Sam's parent see his crappy car... I thought in the movie she said "piece of crap" but on the DVD she says "piece of shit"?

Also i didn't notice the part when Sam's mother walks pass Carly in the White house and comments "nice box" lmao...
    As far as I know, she always said "piece of shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker
    As far as I know, she always said "piece of shit."
    Yes, she does. I've heard her saying "piece of shit" in the theatrical version this Wednesday.

At one point when Carly stops close to Megatron to start talking to him one of the little spider bot's say "Hi!". I thought that was just too cute.
    R.I.P. Ironhide

Okay, I'm probably the very first person to ever spot this...

This is more than likely a goof, but I though it was pretty neat. In the shot where Optimus giving Megatron the ultimate ass-whooping, look very carefully at the background. You can see a Chicago Transit Authority train moving between the buildings. When I saw that I was like "hey...wait a sec..."

If someone already brought this up: sorry!

I was wondering who the guy was at Dylan's place, saying "He is young, he will learn/see" (dunno the exact line anymore). Seems that he is Christian Baha, known for the Superfund commercials ... later we have the infamous Superfund truck driving around ... I think that this is a great detail!!!

Okay, I'm probably the very first person to ever spot this...

This is more than likely a goof, but I though it was pretty neat. In the shot where Optimus giving Megatron the ultimate ass-whooping, look very carefully at the background. You can see a Chicago Transit Authority train moving between the buildings. When I saw that I was like "hey...wait a sec..."
    I noticed that, too. (But you beat me to posting it.) Also, there's another train in the background right when Starscream falls to the ground dead.
    Ya just wanna die for the guy. Now that's leadership... Or brainwashing or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbrosfilm View Post
    I noticed that, too. (But you beat me to posting it.) Also, there's another train in the background right when Starscream falls to the ground dead.
    Yep, but was it on fire in theaters? I can't remember clearly, but I think it just passed by in theaters undamaged.

Also, DOTM is the film in the trilogy with least number of transformations, with 25 I think, while TF1 had about 30 and ROTF 32 I think.
    Ironhide didn't use his cannons in DOTM, since he actually lost them in ROTF, so he uses guns and a rifle made by Que.
    Dino uses his swords as a shield once, to execute a D-con in front of him that was shooting.
    When Mearing is with Lennox and starts with the "ma'am" thing, you can hear Bee transform with a cool echo effect of the base.
    Where does Sentinel's shield trasnform from firetruck mode? Exactly!
    In Washington's invasion, the D-con that scans a garbage truck has the same model as Long Haul, but this one's in protoform, so it's only the shape.