Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite subtle details

Default Re: Your favourite subtle details

Quote Originally Posted by jiggyjazzman View Post
    Someone mentioned Lazerbeak landing on Soundwave's arm. That indeed was great nod to the G1 series. The only thing that would have made it better is to hear Soundwave say: "Lazerbeak, take flight. Operation: Extermination" instead of "Kill them all."
    The latter sounds more badass and to the point.

Last night on IMAX I noticed that the 'Bee-Otch' hanging from Sam's Datsun's mirror has been changed to 'Bzz-Otch.' I don't know if anyone remembers the person who sued after the first film came out, claiming that the 'Bee-Otch' belonged to them. This is the only reason that I assume it was changed.

I also saw that when Ironhide is transforming for the final time, his canons on his arms (which shouldn't be there) transform like they did in ROTF and the first film.
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

When Sam first meets Mearing as he was talking up to her, Carly from offscreen puts her hand on his shoulder in support. Now that a cool little detail.

I also liked some of Wheelie's comments. Like right after Carly gets pissed and storms off he shouts "Great we're homeless!".

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saw DOTM again over the weekend in the theatre.

Brains is comical.

As one who has never seen a shuttle launch, seeing the shuttle to scale with Optimus and the others was remarkable. I knew it was big but wow.

Barricade has Soundwave's voice when he kills Que.

Barricade also is apparently pissed with other Decpticons and is chastising them in Cybertronian when the humans begin their assault.

Shockwave is diesel. He's got like a 12 pack.

We never actually see the Wreckers transform.

In the final scene when the remaining Autobots are walking towards Prime, Dino is limping.

Sentinel fought with everyone: He's fighting with Sideswipe and then sees Bumblebee and tries to stab him, but Bee goes to car form, backs up and transforms again and shoot, while Sentinel lifts Sideswipe and throws him to the ground.

Also, the rocket that humans we're going to use with the pillar is used against Sentinel, saving Bee and Sideswipe from the rust weapon.

The soldier who can find his own way home survived climbing on top of Shockwave and fired at him, and then he fought more Decepticons and he was still alive!!

Lennox repeating his move with Blackout, sliding down the road. Only this time he didn't have a bike and it was with Shockwave.

Before Prime flies in, Shockwave's eye is hangin around. No where he got his ass handed to him literally.

Sentinel's sword has an awesome sharp sound effect that sounds everytime his sword moves.

I loved it when the right before the scene where a whole bunch of Decepticon ships attack the Chicago buildings at night the screen went completely black and it was suuuuper silent in the theater. It was so awesome!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I loved how when the autobots are saying goodbye, optimus tells bee to make it quick. It was truly an emotional spot in the movie and score went so well with that part of the movie. It was great taht the music when the autobots were leaving was so epic like when they were arriving in the first movie
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

The very last frame of the film before the end credits (Earth below and space on front) was used in all three films: 1.- The A-bots get close to Earth 2.- The D-cons get close to Earth 3- Earth's now the Autogot home.

Im sure you do see the wreckers transform but in the background and only partly as the camera is then moved to sam and the soldiers perspective before the wreckers well wreck the downed con. But you do see Q transform in the same scene

This is soo hard.. so many awesome moments..

- The intro with Rosie was very nice
    - The scenes where the driller comes through the building in Chernobyl like a huge whale and when Shockwave steps out of it was awesome! and when Optimus grabs his gear from his transformers track = awesome!
    - Agent Simmons with his books and the old man on the background haha so funny
    - When i heard the track from Armageddon again i was like.. /O HOLY SHIT! XD that was awesome
    - The character Dutch was really funny and awesome in teh bar when he grabs the guns out of the two ladies hands and bashes when in the face was awesome haha XD "i'm so sorry, this was the old Dutch" genius! XD and when he said something with the dictionary was funny to lol, overall great character hope he returns if TF4 ever comes
    - the U2 track with the museum of Dylan beautiful cars and Rosie! XD :P
    - The Kennedy Space Center!! XD was awesome to see was so awesome to see it again and the platform and the giant building where the rockets get transported from with those big wheels you know so awesome feel like a kid again if i see that thank you so much Michael! SOOoooo... much! XD
    - Where Bumblebee takes over the alien spacehover-ship and flies away trying to handle the darn thing
    - The scene where all the rockets get fired and teh camera following them was really awesome to see, great effects
    - Where we see Shockwave's face in close-up was awesome to see

Oh man.. so many more awesome details
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

A lot of you need to lookup the meaning of "subtle" methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Regressor View Post
    A lot of you need to lookup the meaning of "subtle" methinks.
    Ha ha, these were my thoughts exactly too. Many people here misread the purpose of this thread. :borat

The school bus that said 'Bay City' in the background of the scene where Starscream attacks Sam and Carly.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

After watching the freeway scene on youtube, as the Dreads are running and just tossing cars around Bumblebee and/or Sideswipe fires missles at them. They miss.

My favorite "subtle" detail, is when Optimus was giving the low down to the soldiers on what his plan was, and then he straightens up to his full height, and tells the autobots "lets roll" and as he does that, I love how he twirls his finger in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Ratchet also flashes his lights as a way of saying hi to Sam.
    I thought I was the only one that noticed that!

I don't know if this was subtle, but it just dawned on me that the blue wrecker didn't talk. I kind of like that. Since the other 2 were so dominant, they needed a strong silent type.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    I thought I was the only one that noticed that!

I don't know if this was subtle, but it just dawned on me that the blue wrecker didn't talk. I kind of like that. Since the other 2 were so dominant, they needed a strong silent type.
    I think he did, or maybe I confused him with Topspin. Anyone else remembers if Roadbuster talked?
    Also, the voice actor for Leadfoot plays a very famous robot...
    And he voiced Ironhide in the ROTF game too.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I love that game! I can't believe I never noticed that he voiced both of them.

I think he did, or maybe I confused him with Topspin. Anyone else remembers if Roadbuster talked?
    Also, the voice actor for Leadfoot plays a very famous robot...

I'll awlays remember him as Smiling Jack from Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Optimus putting his feet on a building (when flying in to save the day) and when he pushes off, the clock hand moves back about 20 minutes.

Bee transforming, driving backwards off a ramp of rubble and then transforming back again.

Now that I remember, Roadbuster did talk: When the Wreckers kill the D-con on the ship, one says: "This is going to hurt! A lot!" the voice is different from Topspin's, who's more irish and less agressive, and Leadfoot has this particular irish voice but not as high pitch as the guy who says that.
    Or I'm confused, anyway I love that line

Now that I remember, Roadbuster did talk: When the Wreckers kill the D-con on the ship, one says: "This is going to hurt! A lot!" the voice is different from Topspin's, who's more irish and less agressive, and Leadfoot has this particular irish voice but not as high pitch as the guy who says that.
    Or I'm confused, anyway I love that line
    Roadbuster and Leadfoot both talked while they were standing on the huge shuttle crawler and when they were explaining what happened before the shuttle crashed. Actually Topspin didn't have any lines in the movie.

Ive always confused Topspin with Roadbuster... Mehh

They're still cool though, but not at an Optimus status

So now that the Blu-ray's out I need you guys to look at this one part, because I can't take screenshots on iTunes. (copyright mumbo jumbo...)

Around the long panning shot of the massive battle on Cybertron, right as the Ark appears, on the lower right-hand corner looks like what appears to be giant...RAVAGES!!!

Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    So now that the Blu-ray's out I need you guys to look at this one part, because I can't take screenshots on iTunes. (copyright mumbo jumbo...)

Around the long panning shot of the massive battle on Cybertron, right as the Ark appears, on the lower right-hand corner looks like what appears to be giant...RAVAGES!!!

Can anyone confirm this?
    Yes, there were Ravage-like quadrupedal transformers. The Cybertron sequence is really well done. A lot of details are in it. Can hardly wait to watch it frame by frame.

Another subtle detail I liked.. maybe a CGI glitch, Prime's lip quirks in a weird way when he was held at sword point to his throat at the Lincoln Memorial.