6 8.96%
  • Niether

4 5.97%
  • Too close to decide

2 2.99%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mikaela or Carly?

Default Mikaela or Carly?

We all know that Megan is arrogant and disrespectful and Rosie is nice and charming but still which one do you prefer? I personally think that Hollywood shouldn't tolerate such behavior as Megan's and I really like Rosie but I think that DOTM suffered a little bit from this late role change. I wonder what was the script with Megan's character. How different was it from the final one. I guess we will never understand.
    Let the discussion begin.

Default Re: Mikaela or Carlie?

Wow, that was quick! The thread was named Megan or Rosie but it was changed. I don't know why but I guess there is a reason. By the way it's Carly, not Carlie. : rol

It may depend on very personal preferences. I guess this topic will sooner or later go out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    By the way it's Carly, not Carlie. : rol
    Thanks for a spellcheck.

Default Re: Mikaela or Carly?

Yes, you're right. I should have been more specific. My point was to discuss the casting change and what was its impact on the movie, but I guess it will become a fight between Megan's lovers and haters.

I thought Megan was fine in the first film, but her role in ROTF suffered, because she didn't have much to do, other than run, scream, and berate Sam for not saying "I love you". If she didn't say what she said ("Hitler" stuff and all), and ended up in DOTM, it would have been a character redemption, since (now Carly) is the invisible hero of DOTM. If she didn't convince Megatron to betray Sentinel, the bad guys would have won, Optimus would be dead, and humanity would be enslaved.

But, the past is past, and Megan has been replaced with Rosie. Honestly, I think Rosie (and by extension Carly) is the better actress/character, not only because of what I said above, but because I thought her acting was better than Megan's. It might have been the accent, since I thought almost everything she said hit the fine line between sexy/charming. One of the bigger laughs I had (no one else in the theater thought it was funny) was when Sam says to Carly "You don't have a car!" and she says rather quietly "Yes I do...." like she's in trouble. It's things like that, and the overall character that I think she was ultimately superior. Was there corny moments? Of course, but nothing cringe-worthy IMO.

Sorry for the slightly long post.
    Optimus: "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies!"

Banned

when you talk about Mikaela or Carly, your talking about their characters. so Megan and Rosie and how they are in real life goes out the window..

if it was Megan vs Rosie, well then that depends on personal preferences, what kinda women you like etc.. that's a whole diff topic. how megan was rude to the crew and didnt go for some kings dinner etc.. is a whole diff story. forget about all of that.

on the topic of Mikaela vs Carly. well Mikaela any day!
    watch tf1, tf2 and tf3 back to back and see how much work they both put in. Mikaela was all about the action, she was beside sam most of the time, she ran, she jumped, she fought, she was there man, she loved sam.. you could feel it. look at her performance..

what did rosie do? other than sit around most of the time.. she was in 1 main action sequence and thats it. even her character didnt show she loved sam. you could see sams love for her, but not her love for him, she freakin ditched him after he was attacked by laserbeak to go to a freakin party? wtf!! Mikaela would never do that..
    she just sat in soundwave, sat in dylans apartment, hardly saw her run..
    even when bee was about to get shot, she was hiding and holding sam back from doing anything! mikaela was running in the middle of gunfire and put bee on that towtruck and got him out of there.
    and worst of all she called Lord Megatron 'Sentinels Bitch'! if she didnt go talk to him, he would have just sat there and sentinel would have killed prime. perfect ending!
    the whole movie she was just with dylan and the rest of the time sam was saving her. Mikaela never needed saving..she could take care of her self..
    also it was Mikaela who turned wheelie into an autobot, it was wheelie who took that giant decepticon ship down, so without her, they would all be dead!

Banned

ppl should talk about the characters here, not the real women..
    cause when it comes to the real women, most women hate megan, simply cause she is hot, its jealousy or something..i see this alot. i have 400 transformer friends on fb. i once posted its lame how women hate on megan cause she is hot.. something along those lines.. and only the ugly women responded to the post. they always making up some lame excuses that they dont like her cause she is rude or her thumb is too big etc.. well her being rude doesnt affect you in anyway, she is not being rude to you! the real reason why they hate.. cause she is hotter than them, and if their boyfriends/husbands had to pick.. they wouldn't be happy over the outcome.

Well obviously I've been misunderstood. What I've meant was - do you guys thing that the movie would have been better with Megan. Forget about all issues that she has as a person. I love Rosie but I think the movie suffered from the role change. The movie would have been complete with Megan but I guess she deserved it.

I'm a Rosie/Carly fan, myself.

Even though I didn't mind her in the first movie, Fox's 'Mikaela' has always struck me as a bitchy, narcissistic [expletive] [expletive]. And it was even worse in the the second film.

I much prefer the caring, nurturing personality of 'Carly'.

Yes, you're right. I should have been more specific. My point was to discuss the casting change and what was its impact on the movie, but I guess it will become a fight between Megan's lovers and haters.
    Personally I felt Carly's job might've been originally written for Mikaela, as an auto-mechanic restoring Dylan's classic cars instead of organizing list of his assets. What if Mikaela got a highly-paid job while Sam hasn't. That would have let Sam feel more pressed.

Rosie did a very good performance. But I loved the characteristic of Mikaela Banes - the brave American tomboy, too. So, it's difficult for me to say which was better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Personally I felt Carly's job might've been originally written for Mikaela, as an auto-mechanic restoring Dylan's classic cars instead of organizing list of his assets. What if Mikaela got a highly-paid job while Sam hasn't. That would have let Sam feel more pressed.
    whoa! i didnt even think of that.. that would have been soo much better.. its a shame she couldnt keep her mouth shut and things played out the way it did..

I liked Mikaela in TF1 and the scene where Sam "dies" in ROTF. I sort of miss the relationship between Sam and Mikaela. Rosie played Carly really well and it was her first role in a film so you have to give her props for that. Only thing that bugged me was her dialogue with Megs...her acting was a bit weird there.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

MEGAN!!! BABY COME BACK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWXySUb02gs&feature=player_detailpage

I think Megan/Mikaela is a better actor than Rosie/Carly... Carly just didn't do anything "special" that I could see and it didn't feel right, especially when she was talking to megs

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    whoa! i didnt even think of that.. that would have been soo much better.. its a shame she couldnt keep her mouth shut and things played out the way it did..
    Also, being hired at a prestigious office would make Mikaela feel respected and proud of her job skills, until it turns out that her boss was deceiving her just to trap her boyfriend. That would shatter her confidence, and that may be time for Sam to get her back.

But I'm not sure after all. Maybe breaking up and moving on to new romances is not unusual and what happens offen to young American couples I guess. I just hope Mikaela is doing well somewhere in the movie universe because she was once a part of its world.

i did not hate rosie but just missed the boldness of Megan's performance she did not seem as restrained. the interactions with other actors Shia, John, and Josh just flowed better in my opinion. still it was a good movie and i think that either actress would have worked well in it, in the end it is just personal prefrence.

Rosie without doubt.

Megan is arrogant, and I don't like her acting. Rosie did very well in DOTM, and she have a nice personality IMO
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by DK Prime View Post
    Rosie without doubt.

Megan is arrogant, and I don't like her acting. Rosie did very well in DOTM, and she have a nice personality IMO
    But we're talking about the characters not the actresses. I liked Mikaela's personality more than Carly's.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Oops my bad.

Will still go with Carly.
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

It's a tie for me, why?

We got to know Mikeala in TF1 and its a special bond you created with her in the first movie, you can not go around that, you really felt like she was a normal girl witnessing somethin extraordinary with Sam together its a special bond.

And in TF2 we didn't see the real Mikeala we saw in TF1 in my view.. it was more Megan Fox then Mikeala in TF2 so it doesn't count.

In TF3 Rosie stepped into our TF lives and we were in love with her instantly you also can not go around that either and she did a excellent job with her role.

So TF1 and 3 were the best where we had the most magic with these two wonderful ladies.

TIE!
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Banned

Sora got me thinking now.. wonder what the script was like before she got fired. would love to read it and find out how the movie would have turned out if she hadn't been fired.

Before reading anyone's replies to this thread, this is how I break it down.

Mikaela I liked way better than Carly. She kicked ass, and was the true hero in the movies in my opinion. She helped save Sam countless times, she put Bumblebee's life ahead of hers, she left her mark on two Decepticons and killed a third, without the help of Autobot technology! Rosie, sorry, she was the one person I could not relate to at all in the movie. Me being a female mechanical engineer, it was kind of nice to see another female that liked to get under the hoods for a change with Mikaela. Carly, I could not respect her with how she treated Wheelie and Brains, and how she kept on flirting with her boss, in front of Sam. Mikaela, she's the kind of chick that would dump Sam because he just wasn't good enough for her. Carly, I see her as the kind of person who would cheat on him and bring him home a nice gift of some sort of STD.

Now as for the actress, I liked Rosie more than Megan, but I still think Megan is prettier!

Well obviously I've been misunderstood. What I've meant was - do you guys thing that the movie would have been better with Megan. Forget about all issues that she has as a person. I love Rosie but I think the movie suffered from the role change. The movie would have been complete with Megan but I guess she deserved it.
    I think it did suffer. I might get slammed, but I think one of the big reasons why DOTM will be a 350 million domestic film instead of a possible 380 million domestic film is because of the lack of Megan. Sorry, but I went to see ROTF many times, and her ass shot got way more booty calls than Rosie's.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    Sora got me thinking now.. wonder what the script was like before she got fired. would love to read it and find out how the movie would have turned out if she hadn't been fired.
    Yeah, but could you really see Mikaela letting someone like Dylan keeping her hostage?????
    He'd at least end up losing an eye!

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse View Post
    Yeah, but could you really see Mikaela letting someone like Dylan keeping her hostage?????
    He'd at least end up losing an eye!
    I bet she'd beat Dylan to death with the Master Piller in the elevator. Maybe that is the reason of character change, Mikaela would slaughter Decepticons and their liaisons too easily.

Well i'm glad albers made this thread i was dying to say my opinion on this subject. I definitely believe mikaela's absence made the movie suffer a little, like starscream and warhorse stated she was a character who was brave, tough and put others life before hers i definitely wished she was in the third film it would have gone hand in hand with all the plots in the movie. I definitely didn't like the way sam dismissed her character, her character was potrayed as a self absorbed girl who ony loved sam because of the autobots which wasn't true, she sacrificed alot for sam and did indeed truly love his character. I don't have anything against carly's character but like everyone else stated her character wasn't as well defined as mikaela's.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"