Thread: Riddick 3

Default Riddick 3

For the people who loved the first two movies like me.

Riddick 3 starts casting (which is always a good sign).

From Empire:

"After a few months of teasing and negotiating, it seems that the follow-up to Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick is finally up and running, with casting for what's so-far known simply as Riddick officially underway.
    And with casting news comes character reveals. In the first round of auditions, director David Twohy and his casting director Anne McCarthy are on the lookout for "sexy female mercenary" Dahl, "smug commander" Krone, the undescribed henchman Santana (not Joey, as far as we're aware), and [POSSIBLE SPOILER] Boss Johns, who's the father of the Johns played by Cole Hauser previously, and who's apparently rather keen to learn what happened to his son on Hades.
    Moviehole have seen a script of undisclosed age and draft, and are saying that Riddick is much more aligned with Pitch Black than Chronicles, making little or no mention of Furya or the (ahem) Underverse, and quickly dispensing with the business that saw Riddick as leader of an army of (ahem) Necromongers at the end of the last film. There's apparently a small role for Vaako, which might mean Karl Urban will be back for a cameo. And if that lot made us reasonably optimistic, we're slightly concerned at the mention of a twelve-year-old "Alpha Kid", who has magic powers and shiney eyes like Riddick's..."
    And here are the first concepts of the movie:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31741

Banned

Default Re: Riddick 3

Awesome, about time! =)

Thumbs up Re: Riddick 3

hell yes it is about time loved both Pitch Black and Chronicles this should be good. don't want to wait until Vin is too old to do it.

New update from Vin:

"I hear you...

While I was working on character, the Director and his team of artists have been creating the world and style of this picture. We all know how much I enjoy concept art and storyboards, haha, I am like a kid in a candy shop.

Seeing the early stage of CGI is always fascinating to me, it is a element that usually comes together long after the filming process, so you look forward to seeing it fully realized.

First stop for the Riddick production is Canada, which is where we shot a large part of Chronicles...

P.s. I am grateful to have Universal in such support of this complex character's journey... not many studios would back an "R" rating. Very cool."

Concept.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150382515403313&set=a.10146592331 2.101581.89562268312&type=1

Great news - R rating!

Another week, another update from Vin.

"Concept art and Key frames allow a production to explore possibilities before actually committing to film. The road to the "R" rating, that so many of you were vocal about, has been a long one. The advantage however, (never empower the negatives) was that we were allowed a really extensive pre-production process. The art work is so good, the artists have really outdone themselves in illustrating this world at it's early stage.

When this film comes to the screen... know that you willed it into being!

Haha...

I got two meetings today that I have been prepping for... one with the Director and another one with the head of the studio to discuss casting and the 2012 release date. Like always, I appreciate having your voice present in these meetings."

I really like this guy. He is very down to earth and has a huge respect to his fans. All the actors should be like him!

Good news the R rating of the movie is confirmed (finally a bald move from a studio). They start filming in few weeks time. Here is another concept:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83270

It's really hard to make an independently produced R rated movie in Hollywood these days.

http://www.slashfilm.com/riddick-fin...ction-restart/

Synopsis:

The infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he’s encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty. The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won’t leave the planet without Riddick’s head as their trophy.
    Not bad.

The combination of а dedicated filmmaker as David Twohy, Vin Diesel and an R-rated Sci-Fi movie could never fail.

Twohy:
    "Been pulling 14-hour days trying to finish RIDDICK. My typical day starts at 9am with intensive visual effects meetings, sweating out the details of our 900 VFX shots. Then I jet across town to the mix stage, Soundelux, where I supervise the sound, balancing out the often-competing elements of music, sound fx, sound design, and dialog. At night I hit the lab, Technicolor in Hollywood, staying until midnight to do “DI work” — color-correction of the movie. This is where David Eggby and I have one last chance to get the images right, dropping in grads and power windows to finesse what we shot on set. It’s a great tool, the Digital Intermediate. Kind of like Photoshop for movies. Gotta love it. Gotta love the challenge of bringing it all home."
    riddicklogolarge.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97209

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    It's really hard to make an independently produced R rated movie in Hollywood these days.

http://www.slashfilm.com/riddick-fin...ction-restart/
    Well i enjoyed the first 2 mainly the first but part 2 was good in it's director's cut which was better than the watered down PG-13 theatrical cut, but i'm glad to hear it's back to the R-rated formula.Let's make sure this one is a hit like the last 2 and make sure this franchise stays rated R like the first one. Afterall Prmetheus was a hit and it was R as with Looper which proved R-rated sci-fi can be a hit including Predators.

Great!