Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: DOTM Box Office Results

Default Re: Box Office Results Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by DK Prime View Post
    Go to his profile, right under the avatar you click on Add user to ignore list.
    No need to do that, he's been already banned. To be honest this is the first time when I'm happy that a person got banned. He was really doing a great damage. Now let's continue discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    I highly doubt TF4 will break the $1 billion mark, DOTM was the pinnacle of 3D movie's and unless TF4 has some new ground breaking technology it wont get anywhere as close, especially if Bay doesn't return.
    Only time will tell...
    You know, there is something interesting - I think that there is a pretty good chance to improve greatly the box office results of a possible 4th movie especially in the USA. Although DOTM had the best 3D ever (even better than Avatar in my opinion) and although it was said that 60% of the audience in USA saw it in 3D - it couldn't win over ROTF. DOTM - $350 million; ROTF - $400 million. And we have to consider that the 3D ticket is 1/3 more expensive than the regular one, which means that if DOTM was only in 2D it would have made less than $300 million. Compared with ROTF this is really a big drop. The foreign box office saved the day and here I also think that there is a chance of improvement. Although DOTM foreign box office was huge it is still $100 million behind POTC 4, which IMO was the worst of the franchise.
    So if done right a 4th movie could easily break DOTM's results. With great casting, story and director everything is possible.
    Talking about casting - although I really loved Rosie in DOTM I think that if the movie had Megan instead, the movie would have made more money. I'm absolutely with Michael and Steven about this decision, it was the right one. Just I have a couple of friends who are not fans of the movies but watched them only because of Megan. When they heard that Megan won't return they refused to watch it. I guess there are plenty people around the world that did the same. Just look at Megan's fan page on Facebook $20+ million fans. You can imagine how much more tickets these are.
    But still you can never predict such things. The movie is what it is - a great success sitting proudly (in 2 weeks time) on number 5 at the all time world wide box office.

I don't know how well a TF4 would do at the box office but DOTM made it seem like it was the end of the trilogy/franchise...Bay left it really hard to continue the story and with the major villains gone (megs, scream, shockwave) it may or may not be harder to grab people's attention.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Banned

im not really thinking about TF4 at boxoffice atm, let them announce it first. it also depends on how 3d is doing 2-3 years from now, or what other new ways of filming they can come up with and what other movies the movie is up against at the time of release. also depends on the characters, its just not going to do well without megs, screamer, soundwave, shockwave etc.. im sorry but other than hardcore fans, no one really cares for galvatron, cyclonus etc..

as for megan vs rosie, yeah alot of ppl didnt see it cause it didnt have megan in it. even some of the reviews i read by newspapers here wrote it as a minus point that megan wasnt there. she was alot better. her character was alot better as well, and she was more involved in the movie. looks aside, you cant deny that she did more of the action, running around in egypt through the explosions and all the other stuff. i didnt see rosie do anything apart from that building scene, hardly remember her running.
    even her character was more in love with sam, you could feel it, in egypt she was like 'im not going to go without you' rosie on the other hand- the second she found up what sam upto she tore the bunny foot and split! she was like "take this foot, im off to partaay with dylan, adios! and drives off in soundwave' i mean wtf.. and he running after her. not to mention her kinda flirting with brazzo. if they didnt have to re-write the script to cut megan out, i think it could have been better and done bigger numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    No need to do that, he's been already banned. To be honest this is the first time when I'm happy that a person got banned. He was really doing a great damage. Now let's continue discussing.

Yeah...good he is gone.
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

He's probably harassing the poor staff at Box Office Mojo with emails accusing them of getting paid to lie about Potter's grosses! That kid has issues.
    BRING THE RAIN

Think they have a lot of crazy people emailing them lol
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Banned

i miss him.. j/k

maybe he will be back with another name or something.

he will be back!

que Shockwave's Revenge

Default Re: DOTM Box Office Results

Ugh...don't say that...O_o

JINX!!!

Guys, please stay on topic, for OP's sake.

You got it sora

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    im not really thinking about TF4 at boxoffice atm, let them announce it first. it also depends on how 3d is doing 2-3 years from now, or what other new ways of filming they can come up with and what other movies the movie is up against at the time of release. also depends on the characters, its just not going to do well without megs, screamer, soundwave, shockwave etc.. im sorry but other than hardcore fans, no one really cares for galvatron, cyclonus etc..

as for megan vs rosie, yeah alot of ppl didnt see it cause it didnt have megan in it. even some of the reviews i read by newspapers here wrote it as a minus point that megan wasnt there. she was alot better. her character was alot better as well, and she was more involved in the movie. looks aside, you cant deny that she did more of the action, running around in egypt through the explosions and all the other stuff. i didnt see rosie do anything apart from that building scene, hardly remember her running.
    even her character was more in love with sam, you could feel it, in egypt she was like 'im not going to go without you' rosie on the other hand- the second she found up what sam upto she tore the bunny foot and split! she was like "take this foot, im off to partaay with dylan, adios! and drives off in soundwave' i mean wtf.. and he running after her. not to mention her kinda flirting with brazzo. if they didnt have to re-write the script to cut megan out, i think it could have been better and done bigger numbers.

I am too busy enjoying Dark of the Moon to think much about TF4 right now.

I don't know if the numbers would have been bigger with Megan Fox...I doubt it though.

boohoo! aww sora i didnt get a chance to use the ignore function

i think there is undue pressure now for tf4 to succeed so successfully. i have a great idea to launch tf4 galvatron. he waiting in the shadow and thanks to op is now free to take the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Prime View Post
    You got it sora

I am too busy enjoying Dark of the Moon to think much about TF4 right now.

I don't know if the numbers would have been bigger with Megan Fox...I doubt it though.
    imagine if you could get tf4 to have both! oh the double arse shots of them trying to out do each other to win sam!

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    oh the double arse shots of them trying to out do each other to win sam!
    1,500,000,000 dollar movie right here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    imagine if you could get tf4 to have both! oh the double arse shots of them trying to out do each other to win sam!

OMG no... that would really be too kinky lol

Besides..I HATE Megan Fox lol

DOTM through Wednesday - $ 1 050 000 000 billion.
    $ 15 million to go for the 5th place at the all time box office.

P.S. And lets make a separate thread about the Megan - Rosie thing.

Thank-you Albershide for the update. It's good to see these numbers. I will cross my fingers that it will make 5th place. I would not mind at all to see another trilogy and hope that are done as fantastic as these. I would like to see James Cameron or Steven Spielberg and much of the same crew heavily involved in it. But for now I'm just enjoying the heck out of the ones that we do have.
    R.I.P. Ironhide

almost to 5th place... it feels like it's taking years! it's going soooooo slow :lame

Well get there guys, Im seeing it again tonight to add to the gross, then tomorrow again, maybe saturday as well. It has to get to the top 5 of all time.
    Bay for President

Hope my humble 25 tickets would be of a bit of help.

I'd like to see it a 5th time. It's not in town though. I'll probably catch it again when it hits the cheap seats right before the dvd/br release.

I've contributed $110 to the cause.

$15 million more to get this classic to the 'Top 5' of all time...hmmm(crosses fingers!) If it's still playing at a sizable amount of cinemas...it's still doable, I think.

Even in my neck of the woods I fear time is running out and next week could be the last week it plays at our main cinema. I went again today(special "spotlight" deal the theatre is putting on and T3 has been included the past couple weeks Wed/Thurs $5 shows) Man, there are people coming to see it yet...that is encouraging. I'm never the only one there. The scary bit is the people that work at the cinema know me by now...lol!!!!

Sora...congrats to you!!! 25 times IS impressive!!! I know you're a fellow OP fan...

If I can see it the amount of times I want to next week...I could be close to 50(I'm at 38 now) I still NEVER tire of seeing it, either!

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic53185 View Post
    Sora...congrats to you!!! 25 times IS impressive!!! I know you're a fellow OP fan...

If I can see it the amount of times I want to next week...I could be close to 50(I'm at 38 now) I still NEVER tire of seeing it, either!
    Thank you. Yours (38 times) is more impressive. I'm also collecting my ticket stubs as a keepsake of this summer.

Dude you guys are awesome, that is truly impressive. 38 times, I am jealous. 25 is nothing short of impressive as well. Its the best experience I have ever had, other then being on set in Chicago.

If I had the money, and if the cinemas here in my country still had shown it, I would have gone like 100 times lol

DOTM through Thursday - $ 1 056 000 000 billion.
    $ 10 million to go for the 5th place at the all time box office.

I guess on Monday TF3 will be sitting proudly on 5th place.