Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battleship

Default Battleship

New trailer and......I think Michael Bay's gonna sue SOMEBODY! :wtf

Optimus: "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies!"

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Battleship

Personally, I'm looking forward to "Battleship". Berg won me with "The Kingdom" and overall, I really like his shooting style.

So I'm definitely in.

P.S. Jablonsky is scoring the movie.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Well then I might just go see it for Steve and Liam
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

If there are no giant plastic red and white pegs descending from the heavens landing on the ships then my childhood will be ruined forever.

Quote Originally Posted by trailbreaker View Post
    if there are no giant plastic red and white pegs descending from the heavens landing on the ships then my childhood will be ruined forever.

ruined, i tell you!
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to "Battleship". Berg won me with "The Kingdom" and overall, I really like his shooting style.

So I'm definitely in.

P.S. Jablonsky is scoring the movie.
    Well, Steve Jablonsky pretty much guarantees a ticket.
    Optimus: "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies!"

I'll definitely see this. I like Peter Berg quite a bit; has a good visual sense and style. Jablonsky scoring is a plus, and how can you not like Liam Neeson?

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

sold! kinda have TF vide when the alien ship emerge and making those alien sound! i had goosebumps too. can not wait!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Awww shit the trailer's been pulled.

dam NBC, they don't like free marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Default Hey, anyone seen that new BATTLESHIP trailer?

It's almost unbelievable just how obviously they're trying to appeal to the same audience that made the TRANSFORMERS movies a success, even aping the "look" of a Michael Bay film and using the same sound effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1NEhgqln4

Banned

I thought the movie was based in Space (low - mid level Earth orbit) like the ISS?

I was waiting for this. Looks really promising. I love Berg's style and Liam is one of my favorite actors.

Also I wonder how Rihanna will fit in the movie. You can see her on 1:02min.

Looks like Transformers 3.5.

Finally watched the trailer. Definitely a guilty pleasure movie for me. I'm just wondering if anybody else will actually take it seriously.

Default Re: Hey, anyone seen that new BATTLESHIP trailer?

Hasbro's Brian Goldner is the producer of the movie, and since he also exec. produced "Transformers", I'm not surprised to see some Bay-shots in the trailer. But the director Peter Berg has his own style and that's why I'm looking forward to the movie.

He's definitely not trying to be the next Michael Bay. As for the movie itself, it'll be a mix between "Pearl Harbor", "Poseidon" and "Transformers". The budget is over $200 million, so don't expect a cheap "Skyline" type of movie.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Wait.....Is this based on the Battleship GAME?? As in "you sunk my battleship"??

Coming up next: Jesse Eisenberg stars in "Where's Waldo", a film about a young hacker framed for a crime he didn't commit who is chased around the country by both the FBI and the ruthless gang who framed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    Coming up next: Jesse Eisenberg stars in "Where's Waldo", a film about a young hacker framed for a crime he didn't commit who is chased around the country by both the FBI and the ruthless gang who framed him.
    That would be hilarious, except with the creative climate in Hollywood the way it is, chances are a WHERE'S WALDO? movie will be made in another year or two. :head

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    I would pay to see that. Seriously.

Battleship looks like one of those movies that exists for the sake of the "Rule of Cool" as TV Tropes would call it. I mean...the US Navy versus ALIENS!!! How often do you see that? It's almost always the Air Force versus aliens.

I saw the trailer last night at the midnight showing of Cowboys and Aliens (which I really enjoyed) and I thought it looked pretty good. Definetly had me interested. I do like Peter Berg, he was involved in Friday Night Lights which is one of my all time favorite television shows so I'm confident in him. Also Taylor Kitsch who also played on Friday Night Lights and is a great actor has a starring role in it so thats like an added bonus in my opinion.

The trailer did have a Transformers like feel to it but I'm not gonna say it loooks like a rip off of a Michael Bay film. If it is like a combination if those films that were mentioned in an above post then I think this will turn out good. And finally...I've become a big fan of Jablonsky scores so if he is doing the score thats definetly a plus for me. Overall the trailer has me interested so there's a good chance that I probably end up checking this out next summer.

I think the Transformers feel is sorta the idea. Bboth are based on Hasbro brands, and both are scored by Jablonsky.

Hey, maybe they're in the same universe?

I hope not to see another "Battle La" kind of lame movie again.the kingdom was great,Battleship may be so different...and remember "Peter berg" is an actor too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I Rise,You Fall

Okay, I know we should all take information from Wikipedia with a truckload of salt, but if this plot description is true (the source is cited at the bottom of the page), then my excitement for this movie has been amplified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_(film)

A story of an international Navy fleet engaged in a very dynamic and intense battle against an alien race known as "The Regents". The aliens come to planet Earth, on a mission to build a power source in the ocean. Upon their visit, they come in contact with a navy fleet. The film is also purported to show both sides of the story, from the aliens' perspective, as well as the humans' so the audience knows exactly where the opponent's ships are.
    So basically, we'll actually be watching a life sized version of the game Battleship. Hasbro's gotta sell it's toys somehow.

Speaking of that, I hope Hasbro will sell a Battleship game with little plastic alien ships vs. little plastic US Navy ships. I would so buy that.

Berg:

- "We broke some record for views on YouTube, which was very unexpected to me. I think there’s been so much inherent curiosity, confusion, anger and excitement towards the film, like “How dare these people make a movie about Battleship?” It just inherently feels like something people want to talk about. They want to cheer it and they want to attack it, but they want to talk about it, and that feels good.

- "The focus is on making a successful film, and making a film that travels around the world, and that people enjoy and have fun with, and that people are able to escape with. Films like "Battleship" are meant to be escapist fun. We’re not intending to change the world dramatically and alter lives. We’re intending to provide a fun experience for people. If you’re successful at that and it works globally, the sequels generally follow."

- http://collider.com/peter-berg-frida...erview/107081/