Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 84

Thread: If Dinobots are in TF2....

  1. #51
    Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunedin - New Zealand
    Posts
    867

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    First of all - i dont think the idea would work.

    But lets say the plan was to include them in, i reckon the result in them talking differantly was the fact the didn't get thier voices through the internet, and they jus simply try and learn from the Autobots and kind of struggle. .. Yeah.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by qbanflak0 View Post
    who knows what the dinobots will look like considering how the others look they could end up looking like lego bionicles with external skin to cover them up in beast mode. .
    When I read this.. I thought of Zoids.

    Quote Originally Posted by S!gma View Post
    Yea, I think that the robot mode there is just hasbro, giving us the ole vaccum-job. I like to think that the Scorpion was the robot mode there [wait did blackout fly from Quatar to L.A. in 30 mins?... even Mexico to L.A.]
    No, if you watched it, you would have seen Tyrese Gibson and his troops helicopter lifted to whereever it was they were going.. (Hoover Dam?) However long it took them to get from Quatar back to the US would have been sufficient time for Blackout to make his arrival

    Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    However I did call you guys fools. Or, more so foolish. I hope the word "fool" doesn't really hurt your feelings. Stick and stones my friend...sticks and stones.
    I was just about to make mention of that before I read on. And yes.. sticks and stones can hurt ones feelings. I mean goodness.. how would you be feeling if someone pummeled you with a stone attached to a stick (BW reference of the valley that the maximals tried to save)

    Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    I'm sorry for being so blunt, that your a fool in that regards.
    Don't lie.. you're not sorry...

    Quote Originally Posted by StefsChemicalRomance View Post
    First of all - i dont think the idea would work.

    But lets say the plan was to include them in, i reckon the result in them talking differantly was the fact the didn't get thier voices through the internet, and they jus simply try and learn from the Autobots and kind of struggle. .. Yeah.
    And then... and then.. and then maybe.. we can get Wreck-Gar in the mix and they can all dance together.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    No, if you watched it, you would have seen Tyrese Gibson and his troops helicopter lifted to whereever it was they were going.. (Hoover Dam?) However long it took them to get from Quatar back to the US would have been sufficient time for Blackout to make his arrival
    in the film when the decepticons rally at the end Blackout calls in to confirm his en-routeness and changes his course. It looks like he is over the same desert as the Quatar scene, mountains and all. There is no way he could have made the trip across the pond as quickly as the Autobots drove to Mission City.

  4. #54
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,115

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by S!gma View Post
    in the film when the decepticons rally at the end Blackout calls in to confirm his en-routeness and changes his course. It looks like he is over the same desert as the Quatar scene, mountains and all. There is no way he could have made the trip across the pond as quickly as the Autobots drove to Mission City.
    Yeah but that actual desert was in America. Also, Mission City (If I recall correctly) was near a desert. he could have been there.
    Last edited by uraydo; 02-27-2008 at 11:20 PM.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    The live action movies are a re envision of the Transformers verse. Michael Bay has stressed that he made these movies as realistic as he could. Fact is, not everything in the transformers universe can be made appropriately in the live action movies with just some time and effort. They certainly could have if the movie had a different tone to them. But they don't.

    It's like if we were to see a mutant in a Transformers movie all of a sudden. Nobody would buy it. Just because it's a robot movie doesn't mean any and all robots could suddenly appear and not be silly.

    Lets face it, the reason there were so many different kinds of robots in the cartoon is so Hasbro had more toys to make so they could make more money. And in the context and tone of that cartoon, nothing seemed silly. Everything was plausible.

    Plain and simple you guys are blinded by your fanboyism to see it any other way. By the simple fact that you think anything in the cartoons could be successfully recreated in the live action universe and not just appeal to a niche market tells me, and I'm sorry for being so blunt, that your a fool in that regards.
    Im tired of having this stupid arguement, anything you cannot see in the TF movie is an issue between you and your lack of imagination. Tone-Shmone the dinobots are twice as dark, brooding and gangster as anything in the first film. [BTW I agree that Dinos appeal to a certain market; old fans, but to assume they will alienate everyone who hasnt seen them is just a lack of faith.]

    keep calling me a fool. I like transformers, I like seeing different types and exploring their nature and characters. I dont understand why people always assume they should have one look, open your mind to the idea of other robot modes.

    and I keep retreating to Skorponok but he reduces your point to dust. There has already been a robotic animal, that managed to mix abilities, with his sharp ass tail, turbine claws and Missiles. Whether or not he was belevable and silly he was in the freakin movie with no explination. If not and was rumored for #2 you would be in here arguing how it would look stupid, it wouldnt make sense and how no one would believe that a robot would choose to look like some earth animal. But Skorponok had a major role, was bad-ass and did most everything you would expect form him [save a 'Head on' here or there.] It is not much of a leap of faith to assume some of the larger bots would choose a beast form too, and anything other than a dinosaur a bot that big chooses is going to be stupider than...



    You dont like the Dinobots? you think theyre stupid and impossible to believe? fine. we heard you waaay back on page 2, so move on. If Transformers are nothing more than Cars, Jets, Helicopters and Tanks we have no reason to expand on this universe and we can stop after the first film [I suggest you do that.] I want to see the Dinobots and heres hoping that they're in TF2.

  6. #56

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Yes, but that they are done in a plausible way, beleivable way.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by S!gma View Post
    in the film when the decepticons rally at the end Blackout calls in to confirm his en-routeness and changes his course. It looks like he is over the same desert as the Quatar scene, mountains and all. There is no way he could have made the trip across the pond as quickly as the Autobots drove to Mission City.
    My guess is since the Autobots, Megatron, and Starscream were all in the general area of Hoover Dam (located in Colorado), to go from Colorado to LA, if we were to assume Blackout was headed towards Colorado when he got the call, it would take Blackout over areas with Deserts and mountains.

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by gbear View Post
    ...how do you think Mike would do it?
    Would they still be "robotic" dinosaurs like in the cartoon, or would it be Jurassic Park crazy with Grimlock as a T Rex of sort tearing the place up and then turn into a huge freaking robot!?
    That might be a bit much but just wonderin...
    You could even make them bad guys.....
    I was wondering the same thing about the dinobots(I'm a huge grimlock fan) In the end I just couldn't think of a way for the dinobots to be in the sequel. The transformers scan new forms when the come to earth. Where would we find life sized dinosaurs?

  9. #59
    Senior Member Bumblebee1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    None ya :P
    Posts
    4,496

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by menasor3 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about the dinobots(I'm a huge grimlock fan) In the end I just couldn't think of a way for the dinobots to be in the sequel. The transformers scan new forms when the come to earth. Where would we find life sized dinosaurs?
    Museums? *shrug*

    Yeah, something tells me Dinobots wouldn't work either.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

    I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.



  10. #60

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Or Jurassic Park animotronic models.

    Or just have Dino robot modes and vehicle altmodes. I never really liked the Dinobots' robot modes they were a bit, well ugly.

  11. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    why dinobots wouldnt work in the context of the movie is beyond me. Yes they have a hard time blending in, but if you saw a semi truck driving in a rural area with a pontiac solstice, a hummer emergency truck, a topkick and a camaro (cars that you would never see all together except by random chance) etc driving down your street in a flying V formation, that doesn't strike me as disguised. Plus everyone in the world is now aware of the robots in disguise after destroying half of mission city and being splashed on the news. So what if they aren't disguised. There were disguised for maybe 20 minutes before being discovered and now everyone is going to look at every machine around them in a different light.... bring on the Dinobots because its different.

    where would we find life size dinosaurs? Well something tells me the transformers don't have to scan a living being if they can scan bones and deduce the structure. They are very advanced after all. And there are plenty of life sized dinosaur robots around the world to scan. Including some of the robots used in Jurassic Park. We know they tapped into the internet. Perhaps if they came across a schematic to build a robot that someone made in Autocad they could become that schematic.... whether car, animal robot.... whatever.
    Last edited by mulanzo; 03-01-2008 at 02:22 PM.

  12. #62
    Senior Member xAgonyxScenex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    2,172

    Talking Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by S!gma View Post
    Im tired of having this stupid arguement, anything you cannot see in the TF movie is an issue between you and your lack of imagination. Tone-Shmone the dinobots are twice as dark, brooding and gangster as anything in the first film. [BTW I agree that Dinos appeal to a certain market; old fans, but to assume they will alienate everyone who hasnt seen them is just a lack of faith.]

    keep calling me a fool. I like transformers, I like seeing different types and exploring their nature and characters. I dont understand why people always assume they should have one look, open your mind to the idea of other robot modes.

    and I keep retreating to Skorponok but he reduces your point to dust. There has already been a robotic animal, that managed to mix abilities, with his sharp ass tail, turbine claws and Missiles. Whether or not he was belevable and silly he was in the freakin movie with no explination. If not and was rumored for #2 you would be in here arguing how it would look stupid, it wouldnt make sense and how no one would believe that a robot would choose to look like some earth animal. But Skorponok had a major role, was bad-ass and did most everything you would expect form him [save a 'Head on' here or there.] It is not much of a leap of faith to assume some of the larger bots would choose a beast form too, and anything other than a dinosaur a bot that big chooses is going to be stupider than...



    You dont like the Dinobots? you think theyre stupid and impossible to believe? fine. we heard you waaay back on page 2, so move on. If Transformers are nothing more than Cars, Jets, Helicopters and Tanks we have no reason to expand on this universe and we can stop after the first film [I suggest you do that.] I want to see the Dinobots and heres hoping that they're in TF2.

    my lack of imagination or your lack of sense

    I think he should just put in a giant mechanical polar bear...ya...that wouldn't be silly either...plus they'll win the Oscar for sure!!!! Oh, or better yet a giant mechanical monkey...ya...he should slap Optimus Primal in there as well!! This will be great...this wont be silly at all!!!! Or how about a platoon of life sized robot cats!!

  13. #63
    Senior Member raddimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    farg,north dakota
    Posts
    1,868

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    I will chime in again...I personally would love to a, if not some dinobots,in future films.Why not?Skorpinok,wich is an insect was in the first film,why not dinos.if you noticed skorpinok looked all mechanical.why not a dinobot.like the idea for primes trailer I posted in the "do you think primes trailer should be in the next film."Say the autobots begin to work with government scientists on robot metamorphesus technology(RMT)as a sign of good faith and cooperation.maby they start by making or showing them making primes trailer.but eventually leading off into the development of the dinobots.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

  14. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    my lack of imagination or your lack of sense

    I think he should just put in a giant mechanical polar bear...ya...that wouldn't be silly either...plus they'll win the Oscar for sure!!!! Oh, or better yet a giant mechanical monkey...ya...he should slap Optimus Primal in there as well!! This will be great...this wont be silly at all!!!! Or how about a platoon of life sized robot cats!!
    Life sized robot cats.. hmm.... now thats an interesting concept.. I think that can DEFINITELY be marketed... and then.. oh.. I've got another great idea.. how bout if you get 5 cats together.. yeah.. and then .. they can all be driven by humans... oh.. and.. yeah.. they could all link up to become one huge robot!!! That'd be a great idea!!! heh heh

    Now whats wrong with a knee slapping monkey? Just as long as it doesn't transmutate on us, I'll be fine. Maybe throw in the Predacons, or the Seacons in there for good measure. Maybe a Sharkticon? ooooh this could be so much fun...

  15. #65
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    New Dinobot Origin Theory:

    65 million years ago a more ancient form of Cybertronians existed on Cybertron. A band of these beings were banished from the planet because of there destructive nature. They were forced to find a new home and came across Earth. To disguise themselves (though not needed) they take the form of the creatures of this planet, in this case, dinosaurs. However, a massive volcanic explosion spewed tons of ash onto the landscape, burrying the poor dinobots and preserving them for 65 million years.

    Back to present time: palientologist dig up these big guys and are shocked by their robotic appearance. The dinobots come back to life and cause chaos. The Autobots come to save the day, and seize the dinobots. They take them back to their base for further study. Later on, they become useful for battle against Decepticons.

  16. #66

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Intersting theory, ancient transformers.

    But mine is that as Megatron took after the Allspark, Prime sent a small taskforce (the Dinobots) to retreive the cube before Megatron; the plan was to retreive the Cube and trick Megatron into the anomaly vortex in which the cube as destined, sending him into any random time and place in the Galaxy. But Megatron being the swifter one caught up with the cube before the taskforce could, and they ended up following Megatron and the cube into the anomaly. Both the taskforce and Megatron landed on Earth at a similar time and destination, the Arctic circle, 4 million BC. While Megatron was entering stasis lock at in the frozen ocean, The dinobots landed further south in a weaker ice floe. They had to assimilate altmodes, but the closed thing to powerful vehicles were the reamins of the dinosaurs, using in built long range scanners, they created themselves powerful Dinosaur altmodes (similar to what happened in Beast Wars). Before they could find Megatron, they too succumbed to the cold and froze into the ice.

    In the present day, they ice melted from global warming and emerged ready to bash some Decepticons! (With a little persuasion, and with their low level intelegence from 4 million years in ice.)

  17. #67

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    dinobots are near impossible sludge would be bigger then omega supreme .... lol and hes considerd huge, furthermore everything is in diquise dinobots would atract huge atention.

  18. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    I just found this. This isn't the best grimlock form but it is real so possible.
    Suppose to be 40 feet tall.
    Here's the link http://www.robosaurus.com/

  19. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by menasor3 View Post
    I just found this. This isn't the best grimlock form but it is real so possible.
    Suppose to be 40 feet tall.
    Here's the link http://www.robosaurus.com/
    Thats been out for awhile.. usually shows up at monster truck shows and all.

  20. #70

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    You think if Micheal Bay saw our theories, disscussion and ideas on this thread how do you think he'd feel?

  21. #71
    Senior Member raddimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    farg,north dakota
    Posts
    1,868

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    giddy with joy,that his master plan has come to fruition;He said he was gonna start throwing out fake scripts and try to throw us off so non-of us would know what to expect for the next film...he has said no dinobots and jazz isn't comming back....But can we be sure just cuz he said so. I honestly am expecting to at least see grimlock,but no jazz,and probably no devastator...though I do also expect to see tidal wave and,and soundwave.but that is all speculation and I'm not sure what is comming.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

  22. #72

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    I see. Well can't wait till the first trailer.

  23. #73
    Junior Member junkion6995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on my bike
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by menasor3 View Post
    I just found this. This isn't the best grimlock form but it is real so possible.
    Suppose to be 40 feet tall.
    Here's the link http://www.robosaurus.com/
    you might have something there. Doesn't robosaurus transform into a trailer for transport reasons? couldn't they make it so that grimlock crashes near a monstertruck show with robosaurus showing, and have grimlock scan its form, so prime could use him for his trailer? obviously beefier and more advanced than that but im only laying down a basic idea.
    "me grimlock know all about petro-rabbits!! want to hear good part!!"

  24. #74
    Senior Member xAgonyxScenex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    2,172

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot3992 View Post
    You think if Micheal Bay saw our theories, disscussion and ideas on this thread how do you think he'd feel?
    Micahel probably barely has time to come in here and read a bunch of posts. He pops his head in once maybe twice a month.

  25. #75

    Default Oh god

    Grimlock-Godzilla
    Swoop-Rodan
    Slag-Baragon
    Sludge-Behemoth
    Snarl-Angilus

    in the famous words of Rattrap "we're all gonna die"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •