Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 84

Thread: If Dinobots are in TF2....

  1. #26
    Member tylerdurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    right on raddimus, have a great weekend.

    cheers
    durden

  2. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Dear Michael Bay,

    For the good of all things sacred, you must put the Dinobots in Transformers 2. And Grimlock has to have the intelligence of a 4 year old.

    I think an awesome way to do this would be to have the Cybertron protoforms land near a Natural History Museum and have the robots scan the animatronic dinosaurs in the museum, then have a herd of dinosaurs with latex skins storming out, and as the movie progresses, battle damage causes the latex to melt off and you see the robotic dinobots causing havoc. This would be so awesome! Those robots in the museums are hobbled together with HUGE hydraulic parts... the crushing power of the jaws would be incredible...Imagine Grimlock tearing a chunk out of the decepticons like a Jurassic Park theme ride gone wrong!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jRS1o7JQWI

    Another way could be that the protoforms land next to a movie set in Hollywood with a bunch of Jurassic Park-like robots lying around on set that get scanned. If youve ever seen the robots used for those movies in some of the Making Of Jurassic Park books, youd see some incredible pieces of machinery there to play with! And seeing as how you have Spielberg on your team.... you could have him directing a "Cretaceous Park" Movie and have the Dinobots come to life during the shoot!
    ....sometimes I amaze me....

    http://www.sensesofcinema.com/images...6/38/jpark.jpg
    http://robofesta.open.ac.uk/dinoboti...ges/troody.jpg
    http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org...o160b_jpg1.jpg

    Please consider!

    Thank you,
    Loved the first movie and if you need a Transformers consultant... im your nerd!
    Last edited by mulanzo; 01-27-2008 at 09:54 PM.

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by raddimus View Post
    your late here smokes.yes originally jurrassic park for was gonna be called dino riders they were gonna strap nukes to em and have military rid em around.sounds cool huh.
    Your kidding me right? they wouldn't do something that dumb...uh..would they?

  4. #29
    Senior Member raddimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    farg,north dakota
    Posts
    1,868

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    No,I'm not kidding! that was the original concept but it got scrapped once the basic plot was leaked and fans had a big ass outcry of WTF!lol,but yes it's true they were gonna strap wepons...lmfao,to dinosaurs,lol.like there not dangerous enouph.I don't know about the riding part but they were gonna use em as war wepons.lol.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

  5. #30
    Senior Member raddimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    farg,north dakota
    Posts
    1,868

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Could you imagine being a taliban in iraq and all of a sudden you see a giant fuckin dinosaur with nukes strapped to it!...lol.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

  6. #31
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    There's a fundamental issue here. I really don't see why an autobot transforming into a dinosaur would be practical. We already have cars and trucks and planes and all kinds of stuff for them to transform into. Plus, it ruins the whole "Robots in Diguise" thing. Turning into a big t-rex isn't gonna help you blend in very well! If there were Dinobots, their only purpose would be in the benefit of Hasbro, to sell toys.

  7. #32

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    That sounds a lot like my friend from school, he hates the Dinobots. Bur still your point is logical, I do agree that the Dinobots contradict the "Robots in Diguise" thing, and would stand out pretty badly. But in the G1 cartoon, the Dinobots didn't make as many public appearances as the Autobots, and were mainly posted within Autobot HQ.

    alternatively, the Dinobots could have vehicle altmodes, and dinosaur robot modes (kinda like Ravage).

  8. #33
    Junior Member chayrul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Say no to Dinobots!!

  9. #34
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot3992 View Post
    alternatively, the Dinobots could have vehicle altmodes, and dinosaur robot modes (kinda like Ravage).
    Don't forget Scorponok! He transformers from a scorpion to the tubines of Blackout's helicopter mode. His action figure turns into a robot however, but just so Hasbro has a "Transformer" to sell.

    But I like that idea. This could further expand the concept of "Cybertronian animals".

  10. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    who knows what the dinobots will look like considering how the others look they could end up looking like lego bionicles with external skin to cover them up in beast mode. however the way i see it done the autobots need to scan the modes they take on and since these are dinosaurs i would suspect that the dinobots are a group of autobots that originally came to earth following megatron on his way to get the all spark because i seriously doubt the autobots just let megatron fly to earth to get the allspark without sending out a team who must have lost control and landed somewhere else where they scanned the dinosaurs. and for some reason or another became inactive till the autobots look for them..

  11. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden View Post
    it would be so kick ass if they brought back the dinobots but the wouldn't be able to move along with the other bots, meaning they are to damn slow to go anywhere. For example the trip to hoover damn in the first film, it would take them 8 days to get there. me grimlock, me slow as fuck!
    you forget the original dinobots where given the ability of flight they where always ahead of the others at getting places, they were only slow in their dino modes but in any case they would have been at the damn before the bots and even handled the decepticons better in the air.

  12. #37

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    I doubt that they would be allowed to fly apart from Swoop based on the fact that they're dinos. BUt I agree that they could have been pursuing Megatron for the Allspark, crash-landed on earth. Then wake up in 2009 with severe damage to their CPU, hence their lack of intelligence, and emerge with Dino-robot modes.

  13. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by qbanflak0 View Post
    who knows what the dinobots will look like considering how the others look they could end up looking like lego bionicles with external skin to cover them up in beast mode. however the way i see it done the autobots need to scan the modes they take on and since these are dinosaurs i would suspect that the dinobots are a group of autobots that originally came to earth following megatron on his way to get the all spark because i seriously doubt the autobots just let megatron fly to earth to get the allspark without sending out a team who must have lost control and landed somewhere else where they scanned the dinosaurs. and for some reason or another became inactive till the autobots look for them..
    I like that idea, and Dinos would actually help the Ice beats Megatron theory. They were chasing Megatron, landed consious, scanned forms and set off to kill him. when they find him the battle leads to the artic and in the end an explosion seperates and buries all in the ice [Megatron luckily in more shallow areas.] then in 2009 [whichever year] Autobots or global warming free the Dinobots

  14. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Don't forget Scorponok! He transformers from a scorpion to the tubines of Blackout's helicopter mode. His action figure turns into a robot however, but just so Hasbro has a "Transformer" to sell.

    But I like that idea. This could further expand the concept of "Cybertronian animals".
    Yea, I think that the robot mode there is just hasbro, giving us the ole vaccum-job. I like to think that the Scorpion was the robot mode there [wait did blackout fly from Quatar to L.A. in 30 mins?... even Mexico to L.A.]

    M. Bay did say in a video that they would be trying different animals and things, he didnt say whether they would be the Robots or Alt modes, so i guess its safe to assume either.

    IMO it would make the movie amazing if the dinobots are walking around and they just dont care. I think there could be a Beast Machine-y element incorporated [Hear me out first.] If the explosion [or the crashland D3992] in the past damaged the internal systems of all those involved. In turn Megatron had no mode scanners and most of the Dinobots had their neural relays damaged, which would be like nerve damage and has 2 effects #1 they cannot express themselves properly though they may indeed still be smart. And #2 they cannot transform from their "beast modes" since they still have eyes and stuff they can still interface with computers and scan new forms, but it takes a great deal of concentration and focus to change. They scan modes they like and most can turn into at least one vehicle, Then in battle Grimlock is able to return to his Bipedal robot mode. So theyre still rompin stompin dinos in battle but need help, and this gives Prime a reason to be 'hanging with Grimlock' [which should be a sitcom] as he teaches them to use their sparks to repair the damage. and all other Autobots are off patroling whocaresville.

    I think it would be great to see some half transforms and almost cybertronian battle vehicles formed when the Dinos cant get our machines right.

  15. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by S!gma View Post
    Yea, I think that the robot mode there is just hasbro, giving us the ole vaccum-job. I like to think that the Scorpion was the robot mode there [wait did blackout fly from Quatar to L.A. in 30 mins?... even Mexico to L.A.]

    M. Bay did say in a video that they would be trying different animals and things, he didnt say whether they would be the Robots or Alt modes, so i guess its safe to assume either.

    IMO it would make the movie amazing if the dinobots are walking around and they just dont care. I think there could be a Beast Machine-y element incorporated [Hear me out first.] If the explosion [or the crashland D3992] in the past damaged the internal systems of all those involved. In turn Megatron had no mode scanners and most of the Dinobots had their neural relays damaged, which would be like nerve damage and has 2 effects #1 they cannot express themselves properly though they may indeed still be smart. And #2 they cannot transform from their "beast modes" since they still have eyes and stuff they can still interface with computers and scan new forms, but it takes a great deal of concentration and focus to change. They scan modes they like and most can turn into at least one vehicle, Then in battle Grimlock is able to return to his Bipedal robot mode. So theyre still rompin stompin dinos in battle but need help, and this gives Prime a reason to be 'hanging with Grimlock' [which should be a sitcom] as he teaches them to use their sparks to repair the damage. and all other Autobots are off patroling whocaresville.

    I think it would be great to see some half transforms and almost cybertronian battle vehicles formed when the Dinos cant get our machines right.
    sounds good atleast there are several theories out there bay can use to support the use of the dinobots as apposed to the complainers and their "Dinosaurs just dont work" theory. i hope they fix the scanning lifeforms issue, there needs to be a set of rules i wasnt to happy to see bumblebee scan a new form without the need of either a quintesson or someone with a high technological understanding also i suggest they work on realism in the film if they are going to throw out the many uses of mass shifting to be "real" with transformations then the whole story needs to be real, i dont see how bumblebee happened to find a concept camarro in yellow with identical stripes in the same tunnel to assume its form..

  16. #41

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Honestly, I feel like people are ignoring my posts. Or mabye it's my lack of detail.

  17. #42
    Senior Member xAgonyxScenex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    2,172

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    dinobots = great in the context of a cartoon

    giant robots = great in the context of a cartoon

    dinobots = retarded in the context of live action

    giant robots = great in the context of live action


    Giant robots that resembled dinosaurs would be so stupid in these movies. Extreme fandom is what prevents you fools from seeing that. Honestly, it would make zero sense. Real dinosaurs with missile and guns on them in the Jurassic Park 4 movie is retarded...actual giant robot dinosaurs is even dumber.
    Last edited by xAgonyxScenex; 02-26-2008 at 03:58 PM.

  18. #43
    Senior Member Bumblebee1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    None ya :P
    Posts
    4,496

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    dinobots = great in the context of a cartoon

    giant robots = great in the context of a cartoon

    dinobots = retarded in the context of live action

    giant robots = great in the context of live action


    Giant robots that resembled dinosaurs would be so stupid in these movies. Extreme fandom is what prevents you fools from seeing that. Honestly, it would make zero sense. Read dinosaurs with missile and guns on them in the Jurassic Park 4 movie is retarded...actual giant robots dinosaurs is even dumber.
    Even I couldn't have put that so eloquently.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

    I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.



  19. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot3992 View Post
    Honestly, I feel like people are ignoring my posts. Or mabye it's my lack of detail.
    I was agreeing with your idea of the crash that dumbens the Dinos, and trying to build on ideas. but I get tangent and Idea crazy.

    To me the idea of a disease or some reparable damage that makes them seem stupid sounds better. I personally think the Dinobots are smart but their problems come from their inability to communicate.

  20. #45
    Senior Member Bumblebee1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    None ya :P
    Posts
    4,496

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Hey wait, there may be some logic here people:

    If dinobots make it into the film....perhaps that'll turn the Academy on and win TF2 and crew some visual effects Oscars?

    Hey, that rhymed.....
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

    I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.



  21. #46

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    dinobots = great in the context of a cartoon

    giant robots = great in the context of a cartoon

    dinobots = retarded in the context of live action

    giant robots = great in the context of live action


    Giant robots that resembled dinosaurs would be so stupid in these movies. Extreme fandom is what prevents you fools from seeing that. Honestly, it would make zero sense. Read dinosaurs with missile and guns on them in the Jurassic Park 4 movie is retarded...actual giant robots dinosaurs is even dumber.
    I'd appreciate it if you'd kindly not insult other forum members by calling us stupid, I'm trying to make the idea of Dinobots logical in a film context by altering them with new ideas. I just like dinosaurs, thats all.

    Quote Originally Posted by S!gma View Post
    I was agreeing with your idea of the crash that dumbens the Dinos, and trying to build on ideas. but I get tangent and Idea crazy.

    To me the idea of a disease or some reparable damage that makes them seem stupid sounds better. I personally think the Dinobots are smart but their problems come from their inability to communicate.
    Sorry, my bad , thanks anyway.

  22. #47
    Senior Member xAgonyxScenex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    2,172

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot3992;19270[B
    ]I'd appreciate it if you'd kindly not insult other forum members by calling us stupid,[/b] I'm trying to make the idea of Dinobots logical in a film context by altering them with new ideas. I just like dinosaurs, thats all.



    Sorry, my bad , thanks anyway.
    Why don't you go back in read my post better. I said the idea was stupid. Nowhere did I say "you guys are stupid!!" I said the idea of them in this movie is stupid. You can make public as many ideas as you want. I'm not going to stop you. But I will freely give you my opinion on them. It's nice to want things isn't it?

    However I did call you guys fools. Or, more so foolish. I hope the word "fool" doesn't really hurt your feelings. Stick and stones my friend...sticks and stones.

  23. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    dinobots = great in the context of a cartoon

    giant robots = great in the context of a cartoon

    dinobots = retarded in the context of live action

    giant robots = great in the context of live action


    Giant robots that resembled dinosaurs would be so stupid in these movies. Extreme fandom is what prevents you fools from seeing that. Honestly, it would make zero sense. Read dinosaurs with missile and guns on them in the Jurassic Park 4 movie is retarded...actual giant robots dinosaurs is even dumber.
    You cannot seperate the context in this film that simply because this film is the bridge between cartoons and live action.

    to say some concepts from a cartoon are great and some are retarded shows your opinion and willingness to listen to others. there are only things that we are likely to see. Some things like Starscream are more or even hella likely and some, like a Brainmaster are not and r possibly unwanted. But with the stuff at ILM there isnt anything in TF mythos they couldnt recreate with some time and effort.

    [Isn't there a Voltron Movie coming out?]

    Alls I know is I like the Transformers of cartoon and comic books, and I would like nothing more than for this movie to throw back to the old school, with big microscope Perceptor and monster ass skylynx and all. Call me a nerd fan fool, call me a blind hyperfan but I think Grimlock could bring a lot to the Autobots, he is one of the greatest commanders, almost equal to Optimus, and if they both competed to lead it'll be mad drama

    Plus. outside the fanbase; of Transformers people actually remember the Dinobots are waaay up the list, Ask anyone who used to watch who their favorite transformers were as a kid [or which ones they remember.]



    In summary

    Actual Dino-Sized Robots that Transform Into Vehicles or other Robots would instantly rocket the second Transformers above the first! fan favorites and amazing gigantic monsters they will stomp their way into our hearts and the history books! Autobots need some unique characters, because thats what makes the fans and keeps us happy.
    Last edited by S!gma; 02-26-2008 at 04:18 PM.

  24. #49
    Senior Member xAgonyxScenex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    2,172

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    Quote Originally Posted by S!gma View Post
    You cannot seperate the context in this film that simply because this film is the bridge between cartoons and live action.

    to say some concepts from a cartoon are great and some are retarded shows your opinion and willingness to listen to others. there are only things that we are likely to see. Some things like Starscream are more or even hella likely and some, like a Brainmaster are not and r possibly unwanted. But with the stuff at ILM there isnt anything in TF mythos they couldnt recreate with some time and effort.

    [Isn't there a Voltron Movie coming out?]

    Alls I know is I like the Transformers of cartoon and comic books, and I would like nothing more than for this movie to throw back to the old school, with big microscope Perceptor and monster ass skylynx and all. Call me a nerd fan fool, call me a blind hyperfan but I think Grimlock could bring a lot to the Autobots, he is one of the greatest commanders, almost equal to Optimus, and if they both competed to lead it'll be mad drama

    Plus. outside the fanbase; of Transformers people actually remember the Dinobots are waaay up the list, Ask anyone who used to watch who their favorite transformers were as a kid [or which ones they remember.]



    In summary

    Actual Dino-Sized Robots that Transform Into Vehicles or other Robots would instantly rocket the second Transformers above the first! fan favorites and amazing gigantic monsters they will stomp their way into our hearts and the history books! Autobots need some unique characters, because thats what makes the fans and keeps us happy.
    The live action movies are a re envision of the Transformers verse. Michael Bay has stressed that he made these movies as realistic as he could. Fact is, not everything in the transformers universe can be made appropriately in the live action movies with just some time and effort. They certainly could have if the movie had a different tone to them. But they don't.

    It's like if we were to see a mutant in a Transformers movie all of a sudden. Nobody would buy it. Just because it's a robot movie doesn't mean any and all robots could suddenly appear and not be silly.

    Lets face it, the reason there were so many different kinds of robots in the cartoon is so Hasbro had more toys to make so they could make more money. And in the context and tone of that cartoon, nothing seemed silly. Everything was plausible.

    Plain and simple you guys are blinded by your fanboyism to see it any other way. By the simple fact that you think anything in the cartoons could be successfully recreated in the live action universe and not just appeal to a niche market tells me, and I'm sorry for being so blunt, that your a fool in that regards.

  25. #50

    Default Re: If Dinobots are in TF2....

    You're right, I should make an effort to put both my fanboyism and the way Micheal Bay sees the Trans-verse under balance.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •