Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Debunked] Rumor: Jason Statham Being Considered to Take over TRANSFORMERS Franchise

Banned

Default [Debunked] Rumor: Jason Statham Being Considered to Take over TRANSFORMERS Franchise

Take a grain of salt. Then find a way to make that grain into smaller grains and then take one of those micro-grains of salt and use it with this rumor: Jason Statham may be the new lead for the Transformers franchise. In between stories about Zac Efron still being “hot” for Vanessa Hudgens, and Ricky Martin being protected by the gay community, Showbiz Spy reports that the franchise could go in a “darker direction” and that Statham is being mentioned as the man who could take it there. It’s a franchise about giant robots who can turn into vehicles. How dark can it possibly get? Oh, and the fact that Statham is dating Rosie Huntington-Whiteley “would be an added bonus in marketing the movie.” Yep, that’s what Transformers fanboys care about: who’s dating who behind the scenes. Showbiz Spy reports that this information comes from a “Hollywood Insider”, which may as well mean that it comes from someone who lives inside the Hollywood area.

source: http://collider.com/transformers-4-j...tatham/100475/

Thanks to Ragin Ronin, for posting this on twitter

Banned

Default Re: Rumor: Jason Statham Being Considered to Take over TRANSFORMERS Franchise

i like this dude! his Transporter movies are damn good! don't like his gf tho.

they also have an article on 6 directors who could take over the transformer franchise.

Default Re: Rumor: Jason Statham Being Considered to Take over TRANSFORMERS Franchise

Please dont. The Transporter Movies are soulless pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    Showbiz Spy reports that this information comes from a “Hollywood Insider”, which may as well mean that it comes from someone who lives inside the Hollywood area.
    i.e. That hobo that is always hanging around outside the Coffee Bean on Santa Monica Blvd.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    i.e. That hobo that is always hanging around outside the Coffee Bean on Santa Monica Blvd.
    lol

I hope not.

I love the guys movies, but don't think he would fit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    I hope not.

I love the guys movies, but don't think he would fit.
    i see him fitting in as a soldier, not as the main lead tho.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. :lmao:lmao:lmao

Nice try........Neeext.

P.S. At least it's good that the new franchise is being discussed everywhere on the web. Maybe it'll come sooner than we think.

i see him fitting in as a soldier, not as the main lead tho.
    Yea, a Lennox/Epps role would be fine.

It could potentially work if, as Starscream1017 said, he's a Soldier.... maybe in a role like Lennox's where he's commanding the human back up to the Autobots...

though i think if there is any more TF movies.... they'll have to have a younger main lead IMHO....
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

lol
    If they really want to draw attention to the new Clive Owen/Jason Statham flick, they should have had them fight naked.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

NOOOO! SHIA LABEOUF/SAM WITWICKY
    MUST BE BACK! JASON STATHAM MY ASS.
    They're saying he's going to play sam witwicky? that's bullshit.
    I Fight Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by I Fight Giant Robots View Post
    NOOOO! SHIA LABEOUF/SAM WITWICKY
    MUST BE BACK! JASON STATHAM MY ASS.
    They're saying he's going to play sam witwicky? that's bullshit.

ummmmmm...I dont think he would be playing as Sam...THAT WOULD BE STUPID!!! It would be Sam who had an EXTREME MAKEOVER!!! lol

But how would a new main charater fit in with the Autobots??? he would have no "past" with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan101 View Post
    ummmmmm...I dont think he would be playing as Sam...THAT WOULD BE STUPID!!! It would be Sam who had an EXTREME MAKEOVER!!! lol

But how would a new main charater fit in with the Autobots??? he would have no "past" with them!
    exactly Shia would have to grow 6 inches and stop being annoying in the future impossible.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERWING View Post
    exactly Shia would have to grow 6 inches and stop being annoying in the future impossible.
    sam was awesome in the third. I want him back. Screw jason.
    I Fight Giant Robots

The movie came out last week and already there's rumors of another one lol

Statham as a mercenary/soldier who joins forces with Epps, Lennox and the Autobots...to rid the earth of all vampires, werewolves and wizards.
    Autobots!
    Transform and...make a BILLION DOLLARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Out View Post
    Statham as a mercenary/soldier who joins forces with Epps, Lennox and the Autobots...to rid the earth of all vampires, werewolves and wizards.
    Actually... the idea of a single Autobot roaming the place.... unable to join up with Prime & the others for some strange reason..... is intriguing to me for some reason...
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Take a grain of salt. Then find a way to make that grain into smaller grains and then take one of those micro-grains of salt and use it with this rumor: Jason Statham may be the new lead for the Transformers franchise. In between stories about Zac Efron still being “hot” for Vanessa Hudgens, and Ricky Martin being protected by the gay community, Showbiz Spy reports that the franchise could go in a “darker direction” and that Statham is being mentioned as the man who could take it there. It’s a franchise about giant robots who can turn into vehicles. How dark can it possibly get? Oh, and the fact that Statham is dating Rosie Huntington-Whiteley “would be an added bonus in marketing the movie.” Yep, that’s what Transformers fanboys care about: who’s dating who behind the scenes. Showbiz Spy reports that this information comes from a “Hollywood Insider”, which may as well mean that it comes from someone who lives inside the Hollywood area.

source: http://collider.com/transformers-4-j...tatham/100475/

Thanks to Ragin Ronin, for posting this on twitter
    The Expendables 2: now with big fucking robots. lol
    "I spent my whole life fighting off angry birds! It's not a game, it's my life! Fuck you!" - Scott Mosier

i am all about new cast and crew BUT statham is a god awful choice..and if this who they have in mind then i think the path of the next movie wont be a good one...

USA--Bethlehem, PA The former hideout of Demolishor

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    I'll let my brother know that you have a problem with him
    A creative signature would be right here if I wasn't such a procrast.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Transformer View Post
    The movie came out last week and already there's rumors of another one lol
    I still need to see this one four more times at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladies_Man_217 View Post
    I'll let my brother know that you have a problem with him
    lol. whole family of trouble-makers, the lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. :lmao:lmao:lmao

Nice try........Neeext.

P.S. At least it's good that the new franchise is being discussed everywhere on the web. Maybe it'll come sooner than we think.

I think it will be MUCH sooner than you think...
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Jason Statham was also considered for Dr. Effing Who too but you can kinda see how that went.
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!