Thread: Carly's Ass...

Question Carly's Ass...

Soo...just got back from my second viewing at my local theater. It seemed a bit shorter this time around compared to last week in NYC. I can conform one cut I noticed immediately. In Sam and Carly's intro scene, you actually follow Carly all the way up the stairs and cut back and forth to Sam at least once. I distinctly remember seeing a whole lot more cheek, physically and duration-wise. In the version I saw tonight, there's a cut from where she starts up the stairs and goes right to her at the top. Thought it was strange.

That's all! Makes for a great thread title as well!
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

Default Re: Carly's Ass...

I had to decide between two ways to respond to that scene:

a.) Try to be a self-righteous prick and say, "Ugh! Why did they show Carly's ass?! I am so above this!"

b.) Or embrace my primal instincts and say, "Ya know what? To hell with what everyone thinks, this is awesome."

Guess which reaction I chose? (Hint: it's probably the same as Ed Fuego's. )

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post
    Soo...just got back from my second viewing at my local theater. It seemed a bit shorter this time around compared to last week in NYC. I can conform one cut I noticed immediately. In Sam and Carly's intro scene, you actually follow Carly all the way up the stairs and cut back and forth to Sam at least once. I distinctly remember seeing a whole lot more cheek, physically and duration-wise. In the version I saw tonight, there's a cut from where she starts up the stairs and goes right to her at the top. Thought it was strange.

Early reviews stated that they followed her up, but I noticed it was cut as well and I haven't even seen a review copy.

You guys should be honest with yourselves and have the guts to say "moar arses!!".

Quote Originally Posted by lewisking View Post
    Early reviews stated that they followed her up, but I noticed it was cut as well and I haven't even seen a review copy.
    There's so much in the film, I can't really tell if anything else and what was cut, but that scene stuck out for me! I was like "Hey, where's that awesome ass shot?"
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    You guys should be honest with yourselves and have the guts to say "moar arses!!".

lol sora....don't think you will ever hear them say that
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker
    I had to decide between two ways to respond to that scene:

a.) Try to be a self-righteous prick and say, "Ugh! Why did they show Carly's ass?! I am so above this!"

b.) Or embrace my primal instincts and say, "Ya know what? To hell with what everyone thinks, this is awesome."

Guess which reaction I chose? (Hint: it's probably the same as Ed Fuego's. )
    My reputation is well known.

I loved it. I am not embarrassed that I loved it. I don't feel bad that I loved it. If loving it is wrong than I don't want to be right.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post

Was the shorter version in 2d?

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Prime View Post
    lol sora....don't think you will ever hear them say that
    MOAR ARSES!!!

Uhm, i thought that scene had no class... sure it was sexy, but come on. It was cheap.

In Imax 3D..i swear to you...i felt that ass..it was so close..................
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    Uhm, i thought that scene had no class... sure it was sexy, but come on. It was cheap.
    I didn't mind it...Neither did the guy behind me. :lmao
    I Fight Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    so you're telling me..after sleeping with ur girl...she never got up next morning just wearing her panty and bra...and then tells you..."you'll get all 'this' when u get home"---------------that scene happens in real life for maybe 50% of americans.....I like it ..and the guys that was two seats over to my right
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

t okay, this is way off topic but can anyone find the song that plays when it shows Carly's ass? The song plays through the whole Sam and Carly clip at the beginning... It's not on the soundtrack!
    I Fight Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski

Quote Originally Posted by sora
    I'll have to get to the bottom of this.

Carly's such an earnest character. It's hard to find anything degrading about that scene. I saw it on RealD and IMAX in Southern California and the scene was the same in both.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Was the shorter version in 2d?
    It was the "regular" 3D version I saw the cuts. Is there even such a thing as an "Imax 3D" cut? I just thought they just blow up the 3D print for the IMAX screen.
    ...Then do it.

I was hoping she go downstairs and do it all over again... :borat
    Autobots!
    Transform and...make a BILLION DOLLARS!