View Poll Results: Reboot or no reboot?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • No reboot. Period. Let's leave it at this.

25 26.60%
  • No reboot. Let's continue the story with the remaining characters and a new director.

45 47.87%
  • Reboot and let's start all over with a new director from the beginning.

24 25.53%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Reboot or no reboot? Do NOT! vote before seeing the movie! SPOILERS!!

Default Re: Reboot or no reboot? Do NOT! vote before seeing the movie! SPOILERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    The "true fan" phrase is the most bullshit thing I have ever heard. All it is is a label someone uses for the idealized fan that person would agree with, which could mean ANYTHING.

When somebody decides to pull the "true Transformers fan" bullshit on someone, they immediately come across as a dickhead with a superiority complex.

You want a true fan? Here's your true fan:

i think you are going a little Psychobabble on that one but maybe not i can't quantify his meaning in that sense. however if he meant someone who only likes transformers and despises humans then perhaps you are being a bit harsh then again what do i know i am just an A**hole with an opinion.

Default Re: Reboot or no reboot? Do NOT! vote before seeing the movie! SPOILERS!!

Wait a decade and then maybe a reboot, different director (preferably one that doesn't see females as things to be gawp at and nothing else).

Michael Bay has done some really nice things with Tranformers, SFX outstanding, autobot/decepticons down to a tee(mostly) and baysplosions ofc(some times way overboard though to the point where it's hard to see wtf is going on).

I respect him for having the balls to take the franchise on, but the fact he seems to treat woman as nothing but objects like cars, when it is in essence a children's franchise takes away from the films imo. The third film imo had about 50 minutes of story and then it just collapsed into a cluster**** of explosions, with some emotional parts thrown in almost as if to meet the 'quota'. Listen Megan Fox is not a good actress, Rosie Huntingly is a model and I just feel it cheapens the franchise with them in it for looks rather that acting skill.

So yeah I say reboot with a new director, keep the SFX style, it's perfect imo, more zoomed out shot's though so it's easier to see what's going on and try to get a quality line of actors.

If your going to disagree with me, make it constructive, if you can't critically think beyond your love of Michael Bay then that's your problem, and I suggest you remedy it.

Peace <3

Quote Originally Posted by Laids View Post
    Wait a decade and then maybe a reboot, different director (preferably one that doesn't see females as things to be gawp at and nothing else).

Michael Bay has done some really nice things with Tranformers, SFX outstanding, autobot/decepticons down to a tee(mostly) and baysplosions ofc(some times way overboard though to the point where it's hard to see wtf is going on).

I respect him for having the balls to take the franchise on, but the fact he seems to treat woman as nothing but objects like cars, when it is in essence a children's franchise takes away from the films imo. The third film imo had about 50 minutes of story and then it just collapsed into a cluster**** of explosions, with some emotional parts thrown in almost as if to meet the 'quota'. Listen Megan Fox is not a good actress, Rosie Huntingly is a model and I just feel it cheapens the franchise with them in it for looks rather that acting skill.

So yeah I say reboot with a new director, keep the SFX style, it's perfect imo, more zoomed out shot's though so it's easier to see what's going on and try to get a quality line of actors.

If your going to disagree with me, make it constructive, if you can't critically think beyond your love of Michael Bay then that's your problem, and I suggest you remedy it.

Peace <3
    Francis McDormant was no freaking sex object in this movie. If anything, she actually had a very good character.

Alot of women in Michael Bay films are pretty strong. Mikaela may have been nice to look at, but she saved Sam, seemed to have more balls than him, and refused to leave Bumblebee. She's the only one I seen who captured a live Decepticon and managed to keep it. And Maggie was also not some sex object, but a highly intelligent woman who tried to get the Government to see what she saw, but you know Government, they're dicks.

The Island is another great example. Jordan was just awesome!

Both Bad Boys flicks are pretty damn good as well. And well, there are all of the Michael Bay produced horror remakes where the hero is almost always the woman!

That said, there is no way Paramount is going to wait 10 fucking years for a reboot. I bet we'll see one by 2014. You just don't put a billion dollar juggernaut on the shelf.

Another high-five!

I love Carly. I love that she's impossibly beautiful, because it's not the least bit impossible. It's just takes a damned lot of work.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

The "true fan" phrase is the most bullshit thing I have ever heard. All it is is a label someone uses for the idealized fan that person would agree with, which could mean ANYTHING.

When somebody decides to pull the "true Transformers fan" bullshit on someone, they immediately come across as a dickhead with a superiority complex.

Jesus, all I ment was someone who grew up with the show, and knows about the history a bit. Sorry if I offended you, I would think anyone who goes to see a transformers movie would want to see more about the robots and less shit talk from all the humans.

Since im a dick head with a superiority complex, I think it's pretty fair to assume you are a complete wanker with an inferiority complex.

Quote Originally Posted by David123 View Post
    Jesus, all I ment was someone who grew up with the show, and knows about the history a bit. Sorry if I offended you, I would think anyone who goes to see a transformers movie would want to see more about the robots and less shit talk from all the humans.

Since im a dick head with a superiority complex, I think it's pretty fair to assume you are a complete wanker with an inferiority complex.
    What's with all the "I failed at logic so I'm going to go with insults" lately? I think some of the people on this board need to turn this shit off and go outside for a while if it bothers them so much.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    What's with all the "I failed at logic so I'm going to go with insults" lately? I think some of the people on this board need to turn this shit off and go outside for a while if it bothers them so much.
    Sorry. My berserk button simply got pushed.

I've been such a shithead lately. But if I went on to explain why then I would look like I'm just making excuses.

Let it go Trail...let it go...

Sorry, I never ment what I said either, I am an ass hole at times. I never ment to offend anyone. Lets forget about all the shit that just happened.