Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: the Sentinel scene at nest base and others

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Yes, I've noticed this too. When Sentinel shots at Ironhide there is a quick cut of Bumblebee getting knocked down. As we know in the book one of the Twins tries to save Bumblebee and stands between him and Sentinel and gets shot. I guess that's when Bee got knocked down. Because if he was knocked down by the rust gun then there wouldn't be much left from him.
    exactly Alber, i know Micheal removed them for whatever reason he felt they did not fit in with the story but cutting a scene like that just makes the whole part of the film look kinda amateurish.

Default Re: the Sentinel scene at NEST base and others

If that scene got rendered, I hope they put it in an extended cut of TF3 when it comes out on home media.

Default Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

By the way if you look at the background during the final fight you'll see a decent amount of scenes with the Wreckers fighting and killing the giant spider-like D-con. In other words the final battlle is so complex that you begin to notice stuff on the 3rd time watching.

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files...d18a2a-715.php

The third video is rather spoilerish, especially considering it's one of the audience's favorite parts. (At least from what I saw.)

With all of the cgi that was put into this movie, I found it really distracting when Sam was talking to Simmons on the phone they just covered Shia's tattoo on his wrist with an ugly yellow color. I'm probably just nitpicking, but if that's one of my only complaints it should tell you how good the movie is.
    I LOVE NELSON!!

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    okay-

the 3D was amazing!! very very good, esp the starting and that flying suit part.

the story- well they played it safe, bringing cybertron using the spacebridge into earths atmosphere was done in g1 & animated as well.. so very similar. nothing i havnt seen before

the comedy was very good, damn funny.. esp ken jeong.

sentinel prime was an asshole, just like he usually is, so well done with that..

prime taking out all the decepticons was bullshit!! what like only 2 autobots died and every single decepticon killed?? wtf was that.. as for prime taking out megatron with only 1 hand is a fucking joke.. also no major humans were killed, which was bs..

i understand this was the last movie, but you made the decepticons look like bitches.. soundwave, shockwave, starscream, megs all killed way 2 easily. a decepticon fan isnt going to be 2 happy about that..

the wreckers were kinda cool, thought i wouldn't like them, but i did..

your tv spots fucked up alot of the suprises, eg shockwave death etc..

and huge d-con ship going down with wheelie and brains just pulling out a few wires. was kinda lame.

i mean i understand the good guys have to win at the end.. but did it have to be that easy? no humans killed, the only bot killed at the hand of a decepticon was wheeljack, an old scientist.

2 little screen time for megatron. etc. while the fighting was going on, he was just sitting and chilling at the back? i mean this is the dude who ripped jazz into 2!!

also alot of the score was reused from 1 & 2.

basically it comes down to, autobot fans will love it, espcially prime & bee fans. me being a decepticon fan, i didnt enjoy it as much as i thought i would. upset with the way they went out. and having seen a similar story before on g1 & animated, it kinda took away from the excitement.

overall, better than TF2. not sure about TF1 tho, am watching it again tomorrow

Megatron was sitting back because he wounded badly and could not fully repair himself yet. That's why even Sentinel had the courage to give Megatron crap. So Prime took advantage of that, and Megatron carelessly thought Prime didn't have the guts to kill him nor the capacity with one arm. But Prime now has the Matrix inside of him which makes him more powerful than Megatron and Sentinel combined. Sentinel didn't take the Matrix back because it would have read his intentions and probably killed him. Or at least tipped off Optimus Prime. I wish Megatron would have killed Starscream but at least they got his backstabbing ways out in the open. Overall Michael did an excellent job with balancing the mythos while trying to make it as realistic as was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jasncondit View Post
    Megatron was sitting back because he wounded badly and could not fully repair himself yet. That's why even Sentinel had the courage to give Megatron crap. So Prime took advantage of that, and Megatron carelessly thought Prime didn't have the guts to kill him nor the capacity with one arm. But Prime now has the Matrix inside of him which makes him more powerful than Megatron and Sentinel combined. Sentinel didn't take the Matrix back because it would have read his intentions and probably killed him. Or at least tipped off Optimus Prime. I wish Megatron would have killed Starscream but at least they got his backstabbing ways out in the open. Overall Michael did an excellent job with balancing the mythos while trying to make it as realistic as was possible.
    Wow ... Nice explanation actually makes sense.... Thanks for this!!!! The matrix would of noticed his dishonesty ....also I have seen the film 5 times and im convinced Optimus knows that sam's watch is a Dcon spy....cause when Sam yells" whats your plan" the way OP looks at sam is like I wanna tell you but cant ....kinda look i dunno...
    Im out on business and am prob gunna find a theater out here to see it for a 6th time love this film so much!!!!!

Also , Real quick I think Shia's best scene is when he watches the shuttle explode...that is when I realized how much his acting has improved.... I really felt emotion in that scene and that scene had a nice orange back round thing going on !!!
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quote Originally Posted by jasncondit View Post
    Sentinel didn't take the Matrix back because it would have read his intentions and probably killed him. Or at least tipped off Optimus Prime. .

waaaaaa....the matrix can do that......and where u got ur info from?

and why didnt the matrix killed the fallen?..the matrix couldn't sense his intentions? ahahaahahahahaha..
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

oh yeah...and in the hanger there was a "private jet" with the autobot logo on the tail...who is that.....I'm beginning to think TF is going marvel way..puttin little clues and shit of sequels and up coming movies in their movies.....e.g Iron man 2--Thor....etc etc...
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star General
    oh yeah...and in the hanger there was a "private jet" with the autobot logo on the tail...who is that.....I'm beginning to think TF is going marvel way..puttin little clues and shit of sequels and up coming movies in their movies.....e.g Iron man 2--Thor....etc etc...
    That's actually Mike's own private jet, which does in fact have an Autobot logo on it. More of an Easter egg in that regard, than a hint to future characters.

All the people in my PSN friendslist loved DOTM most people said to me "DOTM was f*ckin amazing!" and "DOTM in 3D was awesome!" and other great comments.
    but..
    - One person didnt like it but that was because he loved HP more or he thought TF was just annoying.
    - And one person saying he had a REALLY BAD 3D experience in his theatre and was seriously angry about it "TF DOTM was f*ckin sh*t!!" i asked him why he said "my theatre screwed it all up for me, the glases sucked they were bad to look through.." i told him he should see the movie when it premieres because you have less chance of experiencing this kind of crap and i think im right about it. (this was in a Dutch theatre somewhere, i have no clue what his location is, maybe ill ask him later on)
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    All the people in my PSN friendslist loved DOTM most people said to me "DOTM was f*ckin amazing!" and "DOTM in 3D was awesome!" and other great comments.
    but..
    - One person didnt like it but that was because he loved HP more or he thought TF was just annoying.
    - And one person saying he had a REALLY BAD 3D experience in his theatre and was seriously angry about it "TF DOTM was f*ckin sh*t!!" i asked him why he said "my theatre screwed it all up for me, the glases sucked they were bad to look through.." i told him he should see the movie when it premieres because you have less chance of experiencing this kind of crap and i think im right about it. (this was in a Dutch theatre somewhere, i have no clue what his location is, maybe ill ask him later on)
    Why the hell is he blaming the movie for the cinema's fuck ups? If you eat in a French restaurant and the food is shit, do you complain to the President of France? No! You complain to the management of the restaurant! Your friend did not get what he paid for and he should get his money back!
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    Why the hell is he blaming the movie for the cinema's fuck ups? If you eat in a French restaurant and the food is shit, do you complain to the President of France? No! You complain to the management of the restaurant! Your friend did not get what he paid for and he should get his money back!
    Yeah i know right..
    I wanted to say that to him but i was hoping he wasnt all that dumb lol.
    And im pretty sure he didnt get his money back, he probably didnt put any efford in to it to get his own money back probably... =/ i would so get my money back if that happened to me, if you know where to go its easy..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Default Re: the Sentinel scene at NEST base and others

Quote Originally Posted by BluePhirePB View Post
    If that scene got rendered, I hope they put it in an extended cut of TF3 when it comes out on home media.
    While that might seem to be a worthwhile endeavor, there is a downside. Skids and Mudflap were so widely reviled that many people would watch the clip simply to celebrate the death of one or both. This would give the scene a less tragic feel, and would almost cheapen the loss of Ironhide.

So, ultimately, it may be best to simply leave the twins out of this. Besides, would the deleted clip somehow meet the threshhold of "performing" in the movie? I'm just raising the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Yeah i know right..
    I wanted to say that to him but i was hoping he wasnt all that dumb lol.
    And im pretty sure he didnt get his money back, he probably didnt put any efford in to it to get his own money back probably... =/ i would so get my money back if that happened to me, if you know where to go its easy..
    Oh man, at sixteen bucks a ticket I'd drop a guy if I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    Agreed, but you put it in the funniest of ways :lmao
    "Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie, which we ascribe to Heaven".

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar

Oh man, at sixteen bucks a ticket I'd drop a guy if I had to.
    I'd pay to see that.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I'd pay to see that.

Ed Fuego
    I love a man who doesn't hide under a table while I'm behaving like a thundering loony in public!

lol

Hilarious!!! :lmao

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post

lol
    We Japanese have a perfect word to describe it.

Dark History (Kuro Rekishi)

Origins
    Initially a term used in the anime ∀ Gundam, The Dark History refers to the forgotten past before the Correct Century timeline and was related to the ∀ Gundam itself.

Internet Slang
    The Dark History is also a term used in the internet to describe a past history an individual would like to undo or want to forget.

Example
    "What you've seen before is now a dark history."
    As a writer myself, I think it must be a fun challenge to bring it all into one with consistency. Anyway, I give props to Megs for his multi-tasking skills.

That's hilarious.

My reasoning: "You do know that he's kind of a screw-up, right?"

Does anyone know who the guy in the picture on the fridge that Sam flicks?
    I LOVE NELSON!!

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post

lol
    When you think about it, movie Megatron may very well be the smartest incarnation of Megatron to date. What other Megatrons had two other concurrent back-up plans in case one of them failed?

Love the 'toon!!!

Thanks, Chatterbox, for sharing...