Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

oh, and another thing: THANK GOD THERE WAS NO TIME TRAVEL!

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    I never understood where the whole Time Travel nonsense came from....
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Ditto! lol at that leaked fake script. I didn't even read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Ditto! lol at that leaked fake script. I didn't even read it.
    me neither

me neither
    But YET we can beam an entire planet (BIGGER than Earth, mind you) into Earth's orbit without any devastating gravitational effects.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, the nostalgic factor of that allowed me to suspend my disbelief. This is a fiction about giant transforming robots from outer space after all.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso
    where the fuck have you been? i've been looking for your posts everywhere! you and that other guy ...what's his name?...R-type...!
    glad your back!
    Trust me, it's been a long few days. I didn't have time to go to a proper theater until today. I'm so glad I waited, though. I'm sure I gotta lot of thread catching up to do, but right now, 30 minutes or so post awesomeness, I'm just trying to wrap my brain around it all. I may need a cigarette.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    But YET we can beam an entire planet (BIGGER than Earth, mind you) into Earth's orbit without any devastating gravitational effects.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, the nostalgic factor of that allowed me to suspend my disbelief. This is a fiction about giant transforming robots from outer space after all.
    my excuse is that it was so fast it didn't have time to take effect, and since only a little bit of the planet came through, the mass effect was not as intense!

Banned

Action, battles and cgi were freakin' awesome!! The rest suuuuuuucked!

my excuse is that it was so fast it didn't have time to take effect, and since only a little bit of the planet came through, the mass effect was not as intense!
    Actually, I just realized something, Cybertron may simply have more volume than mass. Because as the beginning of the movie implies (which btw, is one of the most epic beginnings I have ever seen in film), Cybertron is made up of an extensive hexagonal lattice structure, so there is probably a lot of empty space in the planet.

Also, that's an interesting take on Cybertron's look. I'm glad they departed from the old "giant cities that can be seen from space" look and made Cybertron look extremely alien, but still technological, in its makeup through its hexagonal, honeycomb-like structure.

LMAO! I just read the dumbest review ever! This guy says he had a bad theater. And then insults the 3-D in this movie. I read most of the comments most of them are calling him idiotic and stupid beyond belief, and a bad critic. Then he goes head and gives it an F.

Quote Originally Posted by JoRom View Post
    Action, battles and cgi were freakin' awesome!! The rest suuuuuuucked!
    If you hate the movie so much, then why bother coming to a TF fan site?
    You're coming off like quite the whiny little bitch.
    Autobots!
    Transform and...make a BILLION DOLLARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Out

.........This was uncalled for.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    .........This was uncalled for.
    thank you.

I agree with the first bit.... if you hate it so much, why are you in here debating it?

Never understood that TBH...
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Out View Post
    I never said I hate it. And BTW, you are an angry, angry person. To personally attack someone over an opinion in a message board shows how "off" you are. I'm a fan, buy I'm not as emotionally invested in these movies as apparently you are. Sorry I made you cry. Forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I agree with the first bit.... if you hate it so much, why are you in here debating it?

So only "yes" men are allowed in here? Sorry. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SDL

You DO know what the word "debate" means don't you? Instead of name calling, how bout ask him what he didn't like about the movie.

You DO know what the word "debate" means don't you? Instead of name calling, how bout ask him what he didn't like about the movie.
    Did i call him any name? NO... i specified the first bit of the comment, that didn't have the insult and not the insult itself.

My simple point is, if you don't like something, why are you entering a forum for the thing you don't like.... If i don't like something like a movie or a TV show, then i will comment on it once and then leave it at that...
    Last edited by SDL; 07-02-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: re-wording it
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Banned

You sir, are AWESOME. I appreciate some level of maturity in a message board.

I enjoyed the movie, and I'm a huge TF fan. Mr. Bay is a brilliant editor, he has a great eye for action and cgi. I LOVED the TF interactions in DOTM. There was so much there he could have played with. I just felt that the "goofy" lines expressed by most of the human actors took away from the seriousness of the TF story. It was a distraction.

This movie could have been close to perfect. Just edit the imperfections like most of the human dialogue that include comedic verbiage and you are SET.

You sir, are AWESOME. I appreciate some level of maturity in a message board.

I enjoyed the movie, and I'm a huge TF fan. Mr. Bay is a brilliant editor, he has a great eye for action and cgi. I LOVED the TF interactions in DOTM. There was so much there he could have played with. I just felt that the "goofy" lines expressed by most of the human actors took away from the seriousness of the TF story. It was a distraction.

This movie could have been close to perfect. Just edit the imperfections like most of the human dialogue that include comedic verbiage and you are SET.
    if you mean the Deep Wang, the playing with Bee and Sam's mum suggesting his manhood was huge.... then i kinda agree, those bits were... maybe a bit over the top.

but over all the Human interaction was good... better than ROTF IMHO
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Banned

Did i call him any name? NO... i specified the first bit of the comment, that didn't have the insult and not the insult itself.

My simple point is, if you don't like something, why are you entering a forum for the thing you don't like.... If i don't like something like a movie or a TV show, then i will comment on it once and then leave it at that...
    Again, being a "yes" man isn't a good thing in life. It would be quite pointless to just come in here and say how much you love everything Bay does and not voice any contradictory statement. It's not healthy. It's okay to disagree, the world is not going to end.

Banned

if you mean the Deep Wang, the playing with Bee and Sam's mum suggesting his manhood was huge.... then i kinda agree, those bits were... maybe a bit over the top.

but over all the Human interaction was good... better than ROTF IMHO
    Yes, those are the sequences that took me out of the moment and the movie. They were definite eye-roll moments: rol: rol: rol

You're right. Much better dialogue than ROTF though.

HECK, my niece even came back and told me that the dialogue in DOTM was, "childish". SHE'S 14!!!!

Just tweek some of the scenes, dialogue and you have GOLD!!!

Again, being a "yes" man isn't a good thing in life. It would be quite pointless to just come in here and say how much you love everything Bay does and not voice any contradictory statement. It's not healthy. It's okay to disagree, the world is not going to end.
    I guess just seeing mindless b*tching about the movie all over the place is getting to me a bit....and i'm mixing in some genuine comments into that mess...
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Banned

I guess just seeing mindless b*tching about the movie all over the place is getting to me a bit....and i'm mixing in some genuine comments into that mess...
    That can happen. It's easy to get caught up in that nonsense. As viewers though, we should be able to voice our concerns while providing positive feedback in these boards so that the powers that be at least notice and make proper changes.

It's all about making the movie-going experience that much cooler.

AND YOU CAN'T GET MORE COOLER THAN TRANSFORMERS BABY!!

That can happen. It's easy to get caught up in that nonsense. As viewers though, we should be able to voice our concerns while providing positive feedback in these boards so that the powers that be at least notice and make proper changes.

It's all about making the movie-going experience that much cooler.

AND YOU CAN'T GET MORE COOLER THAN TRANSFORMERS BABY!!
    It is too easy.... and it's why i always try and put good points in with bad...

the Bay Transformer movies have been awesome.... shame that they are now at an end
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

I watched it today at the 1:05 showing, and I saw it in 2d. I will be going back next weekend to see it in 3d. My views...

The CG was mind-boggling - the action sequences were sweet, and robot interactions were very good.

The human acting was much better this time around. When the autobots left the planet, the look on Sam's face was pricessless. The desparate look, the "holy shit we're screwed" look, the music. I like how Prime told Bee to make it quick so they could leave.

The music was absolutely brilliant. I loved the fact that they tied in some of the music from 1 and 2.

Wheelie and Brains were great. Made me laugh at most of their interactions.

Sentinel Prime - where do I begin. Seems so desparate to get accomplish his mission, hell bent on doing it no matter who or what gets in his way. The decepetion that lead to the events of the movie were great.

I am honestly okay with how they ended it. In all reality where else could they go with the story. I don't want hear Unicron, because with the way Megatron died, and all of the decepticons that were left were sucked back into Cybertron's explosion at the end, there isn't anything else they could do with it. I do like how Prime got injured in the final fight. It was appropriate.

Some of the humor was over the top, but I did thoroughly enjoy the movie. I will probably see it one more time after I see it in 3d, and I will definitly buy the blue-ray.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime