Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

So yeah, I've officially concluded that having the name "Sentinel Prime" will doom you to being either a deadbeat prick, a complete asshole, or an all out traitorous bastard.

In other words, he's the complete opposite of Optimus Prime.

i have a question guys,on the final fight between op and sp op says to sp NO PLEASE while hes on the floor with hes arm cut off,what do u guys think it is?is he begging for hes life?or is he trying to meke sp reconsider hes plan? i think and hope it was to reconsider because at the moment it made op looked very weak,they should have used another phrase but tell me what u guys think????

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    About Ironhide's death:

I think the sheer brutal and tragic nature of his death speaks for itself. Also, the Autobots are probably so used to seeing their comrades falling that they've become desensitized to it.
    The more i think about it, i think Optimus was acknowledging Ironhides death by the "no mercy" he showed Megs and Sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSoundwavexX View Post
    i have a question guys,on the final fight between op and sp op says to sp NO PLEASE while hes on the floor with hes arm cut off,what do u guys think it is?is he begging for hes life?or is he trying to meke sp reconsider hes plan? i think and hope it was to reconsider because at the moment it made op looked very weak,they should have used another phrase but tell me what u guys think????
    Its got to be the plan thing cause even in the first movie Optimus is willing to sacrifice himself, so i don't think Optimus is afraid of dying. He is more afraid of what may happen to everyone else if he is not around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravepatriot View Post
    The more i think about it, i think Optimus was acknowledging Ironhides death by the "no mercy" he showed Megs and Sentinel.
    There ya go. A lot of people think Optimus is too violent in this universe, but I think it's totally justified. After seeing all of the horrible things the Decepticons, and Sentinel Prime, have done, he just had enough of their fucking shit. He knows just how evil they are, and how they can't EVER be bargained with, so the only solution is to fucking kill them all.

That's what I would do if I was leader of the Autobots.

There ya go. A lot of people think Optimus is too violent in this universe, but I think it's totally justified. After seeing all of the horrible things the Decepticons, and Sentinel Prime, have done, he just had enough of their fucking shit. He knows just how evil they are, and how they can't EVER be bargained with, so the only solution is to fucking kill them all.

This post should be a sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Epic! :borat
    Well I started typing the explanation and it sounded so convoluted that I didn't even understand it half way through.

So I put my mspaint ninja skills to work.

Its got to be the plan thing cause even in the first movie Optimus is willing to sacrifice himself, so i don't think Optimus is afraid of dying. He is more afraid of what may happen to everyone else if he is not around.
    Remember in ROTF when Megatron stabbed Optimus in the back? Turn on the subtitles, he screams "NOOOOOO!!!" It's almost the same situation if you think about it.

USA--Bethlehem, PA The former hideout of Demolishor

Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    That is great...I demand you make more scenes from the movie

I imagine a similar drawing at ILM done by Bay for this scene in story-board form. Didn't he say that this idea was made while doing crunches at the gym...or was it just the driller "crunch" sequence? Regardless, what an awesome vision as all I think about while at the gym is getting the F out of there.
    A creative signature would be right here if I wasn't such a procrast.....

Is it me, or did this movie actually turned out to be extremely different from what the trailers and TV spots made it look like? Not saying that's a bad thing at all, I still love it. I just never predicted it to go down like this. I guess that's a very good thing if a movie is unpredictable.

Also, I can safely say the trailers and TV spots (out of three or four I saw from the 20+ spots) didn't spoil a damn thing for me.

OK Ive finally seen it. Just came home from the theatre (or well... we had a beer on the way back but anyway).

In my opinion, this was the best of the three. By FAR!
    THIS was the movie Ive been waiting for.

And seriously... that execution scene really got to me. It wasnt pretty, and Que... oh dude. I FELT for the guy. He was trying to reason with them, he was acting like a real living being... oh man that was a disturbing scene.

So many other great scenes... Lazerbeak was awesome by the way.

All together. 9/10
    "Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie, which we ascribe to Heaven".

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

I would have been disappointed if Megatron and Optimus became friends, and OP let him live. It would make OP look weaker. Optimus needed to kill him off after everything he had done. No bargaining, or no taking chances. After Optimus was betrayed, he had to make a stand and "kill them all."
    I Fight Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by I Fight Giant Robots View Post
    I would have been disappointed if Megatron and Optimus became friends, and OP let him live. It would make OP look weaker. Optimus needed to kill him off after everything he had done. No bargaining, or no taking chances. After Optimus was betrayed, he had to make a stand and "kill them all."
    Absolutely.

OP losing his cool was fantastic.

Really enjoyed the movie i think it is up there if not better than the first ,

however i think that there was too many plot holes not really sorted out and the part where ironhide died, clearly had more footage too it (this would of been where the twin bought it) i hope that micheal does an extended version of the film with the extra scenes added into the Blu-Ray version ....... Twins and all

still 8/10

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

I'm just sad it's over. It feels like the ending didn't
    get enough closure for it to be the end. However, the movie
    was really good. I was not expecting it to be like that. I thought
    it was going to be a better, darker version of ROTF. But this movie
    standed on it's own, and it was better, and it was NOTHING like
    the other previous two movies; which was different and really cool.

but i didn't want to leave the theatre! i wanted more! i didnt want it to be the end.
    but nothing lasts forever...
    I Fight Giant Robots

you put it perfectly....
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

So saw DOTM a second time last night and sadley not again tonight im sick.. i eaten back chicken or something erghh.. doing a number 2 every 5 minutes or so for 5 times now.. urghh..

Loved watching DOTM a second time ofcourse but the first time the volume was turned up a little to much and the second time the volume was turned down a little to much but it was both great although it was to high or to low just saying it could be better ofcourse it aint Michaels fault but the people behind the projector.

The first time i watched DOTM there was a intermission/break for 10min. it was ok but you started to compare compare the part before and after the break so that wasnt really good.
    So the second time i watched DOTM it was without the intermission/break so that was excellent! i had the midnight showing and i have to say that its better to view this movie in one rip.. much better this way!
    If i were Paramount i wouldnt put intermissions in but then again you have some people who need attention during the movie.. im just saying that without the 10Min. break in between was a MUCH BETTER experience watching DOTM.

Oh yeah and i sat with a stranger beside me an older person i would think he was 45 or 50 maybe above that.. and was amazed by everything he saw and when he saw teh crouse-missiles fly he was like "ohhh com'on" or something like that and at teh end when Tyrese and the soldier did their hero walk before Carly ran through them he was like "ppff.." and some other dude in the room also but i geuss he was a douche cause there were two docuhes who were playing with their freakin smartphone every 10minutes and everyone could see the screens.. jezus was so annoying! XE

wouw i made it without going to teh toilet.. lol

I loved everything about the movie!
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I received a comment also today via PSN (playstation network) from some douche telling me "transformers sucked btw" i asked "the game?" he said "the new movie" he said "saw it in 3D and its sad that a movie is only good in 3D" i told him he should get himself looked at and suggested he should go watch HP part 2 cause taht would probably fit his PS avatar more.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

ok yea just wanted to make sure

God, seeing the real-life Buzz Aldrin talking to Optimus Prime was surreal. I still can't get over that scene.

havn't seen the movie yet....til saturday....but ..i havnt read anything thing above..i closed my eyes to scroll to the bottom here...lol....I'll be back!..Sunday morning..lol
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    God, seeing the real-life Buzz Aldrin talking to Optimus Prime was surreal. I still can't get over that scene.
    I know!!! That scene was really awesome

Im still thinking about poor Que man... Soundwave was an asshole.
    "Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie, which we ascribe to Heaven".

There are something Transformers movie should improve like follows..I know Michael Bay is the best action director but it will be better if he do as follows:-
    1. Introduce awesome character like Tidal Wave, Aerialbots (Superion), Thunder cracker, Omega Supreme, Combaticons(Bruticus) etc..
    2. Never put Decepticons protoform in this because for us they are not transformers, if can just show that the protoform scan some machine to became cool Decepticon
    3. Make a combiner awesome like in cartoon and move faster .Before every vehicle combine they should transform to single decepticon first, and if they really can't defeat autobots then only combine to became bass ass combiner...for all we know the cartoon also like that right...and make it look awesome and full of advance weaponry.
    4. Don't put all villains just will appear in the last battle sequences..maybe we could have 2 fighting scenes at maybe first 30 minits and 1 hour in the movie...Combiner or major villains also can be do battle in the 1st half or middle in the movie..maybe in the half got some character die and do vengeance in the end?
    Well, that just my opinion..sorry if i'm said anything wrong...thanks..

Has anyone taken note of the sheer number of transformations in this movie?

Mr. Bay, thank you for making something so completely ridiculous and fun. It would be an honor to work under you or for you one day.

So yes, I absolutely loved it. It's not a perfect movie, but the summer has been lackluster and it was up to Explodo to give us a movie that could match FAST FIVE in thrills.

The 3D is by far the best ever put to film, and anyone who doesn't go is short-changing themselves.