Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Just got back a couple of hours ago from DOTM. WOW!, EPIC!, AMAZING!
    The best Bay movie ever and the best of the Transformers Trilogy.
    My favorite line was from Sentinel Prime "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" because I like Star Trek also.

Thank You Michael Bay.:borat

SPOILERS Good movie...great effects and the battles were awesome...but.. I never cried so hard in a movie before, Ironhide set me off then the whole shuttle scene.... Ratchet was once again background and Optimus was awesomely emotional. My brothers hated it..... Ironhide was their favorite, so they were angry and pissed he didn't get a acknowledgement. Q was sweet and cute...sad... Dino was epic, and Bee adorable... But once again...Ironhide.... just..god. Great job Micheal Bay....You made the ultimate Blockbuster/heartbuster. I'll buy is on DVD when it comes out.
    "Your internals are slag and you say 'It was for Science'?! Know what such ridiculous excuses get? A painful exhaust flush, oh and this. *CLANG!* Enjoy the headache you fragger."

Quote Originally Posted by trekkiebot1701 View Post
    Just got back a couple of hours ago from DOTM. WOW!, EPIC!, AMAZING!
    The best Bay movie ever and the best of the Transformers Trilogy.
    My favorite line was from Sentinel Prime "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" because I like Star Trek also.

Thank You Michael Bay.:borat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa6c3OTr6yA

"Science Fair is over Meatbags" -Drift (aka Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by The Gr33n carD View Post
    Shockwave only moved 20feet and got owned. he didnt transform or fight.
    I dont know how he was the main villian.
    That's because he wasn't. That was all misinformation, and I like that MB surprised us by making Sentinel the main Villain...

I do feel like I would like to see a litle more of shockwave, but I do prefer this nice twist and great hidden surprise.

"Science Fair is over Meatbags" -Drift (aka Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by jafs81 View Post
    Thank You for the video clip from one of my favorite Star Trek movies. DOTM is a fantastic early birthday present for me also.

Just got back from the movie!!! Oh man do I have a lot to say! First of all, I want to thank Michael Bay again for creating such enjoyment and excitement with the Transformers films! I can't think of any other director worthy enough to direct the TF franchise. The movie was excellent. Definitely a 10/10 from me.)

I was the first in line for the IMAX 3D showing since I got there 3 hours early. Got probably the best seats ever! (3-4 rows from the back in the very very middle) The screen was huge! (60ft tall, 80ft wide) and it was packed! Since it was one of those dome theaters, I couldn't see the end of the line as it wrapped around but there was a lot of people. Sold out show at 5:55pm. But yeah, the movie was so intense! The beginning with the battle in Cybertron was surreal with the 3D effects. I have to say this is the best 3D film to date, ignoring the fact that I didn't see Avatar in IMAX 3D. The movie was definitely way deeper and more emotional. 2 parts that I almost jerked tear out was when Ironhide died and when Bumblebee was about to his head blown. That left me on the edge of my seat. Of course the battle in Chicago itself was a ride in itself. I loved just about every second of it except for the part where Optimus was tangled up in those wires. I thought that that scene could of been replaced with something more ideal but I wouldn't call it a flaw and it doesn't bother me much. The wingsuit scene were beyond incredible! Since the screen was so big, it felt like the whole audience was gliding in the air!

Some cons were that Shockwave died too easily and the TV spot where OP punches through him pretty much gave it away. I mean yeah he got his head ripped off but you could tell that he was gonna die right there. Second, Dino didn't have as much screen time as I expected. This movie mainly focused on the Decepticons, which was cool but I wish Dino could have done more. Same with Soundwave but he looked so badass in his new form! Lazerbeak was sick too!

I have to say this is THE most fun I have had at the movies! The story of the film was good but I think Transformers 1 will always hold the most solid storyline. I can't express how much this movie means to me. It was just one hell of a ride! Can't wait to see it again!

Btw, the score was F**king awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve Jablonsky is the best. Thanks
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    I actually forgot about the Quintessons. An entirely new alien race/threat would be a good way of raising the stakes, if they went down that path.
    I hope so. Ahh I can't wait too long for another transformers haha I love them
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Punk ass decepticons

I went to the theater tuesday night and yesterday evening. In one word: WOW !!!! That was freaking awesome, this is the best one of the trilogy and I would rate it 10 out of 10!.

Pace: The movie grabbed me instantly: the cybertron / 60's moon race section was like one big roller coaster ride! The entire movie kept me excited to the very end with several highlights, including the best highway scene ever (that beats OP vs Bonecrusher) and the Chicago fight was amazing. The build-up towards the final battle and climax was unbelievable! And, most importantly: a lot of robots!!!! ;-)

Story: Great storyline, the most solid story line of the three movies. Everything that needed introduction was introduced extensively!!! This was NOT the case in ROTF, in my opinion ROTF's most important flaw. One confusing story-detail: Megatron was going to rendez-vous with Sentinel on Earth? I thought he was after the cube?

Decepticons: Soundwave & Lazerbeak, they could have their own movie if you ask me hahaha. I loved Soundwave's new form and Lazerbeak was simply one of the big stars of this movie! I had a big smile when Soundwave approached Megatron with Lazerbeak on his arm G1 style.
    I also loved Megatron's weakness and madness, although they could have focused a bit more on the latter. And those dreads, my oh my, really nasty MF-ers! Question remains: who was that big-ass green decepticon in Chicago? Nice detail: Barricade says Bumblebee's name when he holds him, so I guess that was a reference to their fight in TF1.

Autobots: Prime was outstanding as always. Big shock when Ironhide died, exactly what this movie needed and the start of the "dark" part of this movie was a fact! Sentinel was great, really nasty villain. Nimoy's voice was one of the highlights of this movie! The wreckers and Dino were very cool (although the names Mirage (blue), Hound (green), Brawn (red) and Cliffjumper (dino) came to mind ;-)). I couldn't be bothered with the Que/Wheeljack character, he had too little screen time anyway.

Humor: Compared to ROTF there was more balance if you ask me. I laughed my ass off during Sam's car-kick-scene, Prime-is-pissed, Dutch-in-the-bar, etc.

Action: WOW!!! The scene in Tsjernobyl, the car chase, Sentinel wrecking the hangar, Chicago ...

The ending: great, you can't have Megatron walking around anymore after three movies, so killing him was the only option. OP's arm was necessary to suggest an unhappy ending, but old Meg's did him a favor. I don't get the one-armed-Prime-cannot-kill-Megatron-discussion: Megatron was weakened as hell!! Good closure, no sentimental stuff. The faith of cybertron was a little confusing, but that leaves a nice little opening for ... :-p

10 out of 10 ... 10 out of 10 baby :-) ... !!!

Now I have to find more friends that haven't seen it yet and go AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Out View Post
    One thing about the 'weak Megatron' complainers.
    Did you watch the movie?

After Optimus fought Sentinel for quite a while, SP was about to kill OP...
    Then 'Poor Weak Megatron' came in and beat the living shit out of SP...leaving him so weak that he could not put up any fight when OP executed him.
    Megatron just shot Sentinel in the back twice with his shotgun. Not much of a fight. The whole idea of the movie is that Megatron is weak from his ROTF damage but this time uses his head to manipulate things.

just got back from seeing this great amazing film really loved it great film 10 out of 10 hands down,great effects the 3d was AWESOME just everything was great about the film.just a few things that really didnt do it for me..oh yea that laserbeak was one bad ass freaky ass bird lmaoo loved it.my MAIN complaint with the film was of course soundwave and shockwave,i really would had love to see ALOOOT more screen time for these 2 but over all not bad at all i will be seeing it on friday again :borat :borat

Quote Originally Posted by Grafx View Post
    He was in a scene where he was prepping something beside optimus. i think the ship to leave earth. he was all blue, had his jolter things from TF2. same body everything. then u never saw him again
    Jolt was not in the movie. This was Top Spin - the blue Wrecker. Actually the only Wrecker without any lines.

That was totally EPIC. I will see it again.
    I can't wait for bluray.

I always wondered the purpose of my life . today i came to know . the purpose of my life was to watch the movie of the decade TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON . its F***ing awesome . its mind-blowing . its everything you expect from an blockbuster .it was worth the wait of 800 days !!! ALL HAIL BAY !!!
    This the victory Michael Bay had promised us many years ago !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Jolt was not in the movie. This was Top Spin - the blue Wrecker. Actually the only Wrecker without any lines.
    i think he had one single line . once the autobots come back . we the wreckers teare an
    deceptacon. leadfoot tells something after the topspin tells a line !!!
    This the victory Michael Bay had promised us many years ago !!!

Just got back.

I was really actually surprised and delighted with the movie - it was better than I was expecting. My expectations were down after ROTF - and somewhat annoyingly I kept trying to find plot holes in the movie due to there being many in ROTF. But you know what? I found myself smirking also, because I couldn't honestly find any plot holes. It all made coherent sense.

I actually loved the lead up to the finale. The intro, the slower paced 2nd quarter etc. There was just a nice flow and balance to it all. The opening scene on Cybertron honestly had me making all sorts of nerdy vocalisations at the screen - the 3D here was awesome, and the art/design was incredible. Unique. Loved it.

I have to say, there were 2 or 3 key moments, all fairly close together somewhere in the middle where the emotions were really strong. The characters and their relationships and their emotions all really worked. I found myself getting a lump in my throat during these moments. Notably, the moment the Shuttle (Omega Supreme LOL) blows up. Strangely I found myself internally rooting for Bay - thinking to myself 'man you did it.. you nailed it'. Let's be honest, this is a film about giant robots, it's hard to take seriously, but right there and then Bay succeeded in my eyes. Props to you and your team.

The comedy. It just worked. I liked it all. There was nothing that I didn't like, nothing that made me cringe. Some really funny moments, but not too forced. The car kicking scene, Sams parents. Loved them. I always felt the parents kept the movie grounded with a bit of family drama. I liked it. Not sure if many people picked up on the Family Jewels nod, but there was one when Sam's mum was talking about Sam's 'size' and the camera pulled back to reveal a big 'jewel' hanging. I LOL'd but no one else did haha.

Rosie was lovely and she did a great job. Could not tell it was her first acting job at all.

CGI / FX / 3D. What can I say, incredible. Hat goes off to the team at ILM for some amazing artistry. Finally we got what the nerds had been asking for - wide, slow shots showing the transformations in detail - and WHAT DETAIL WE GOT in full 3D. Even our fairly average cinema made it look amazing. It's made me want to upgrade my home cinema projector to 3D now. I found the slower panning and cutting allowed for more detail to be soaked up by the camera and our eyes.

I did find the final battle scene to be long. I enjoyed it all of course (what nerd wouldn't?) but I'm sure it could have been edited down a few minutes. Not complaining, just saying. I appreciate that Shockwave wasn't the villain afterall - though I would like to know where he came from? Sentinel was really awesome. Great look/design (very Gundam). When he shot Ironhide, it completely reminded me of Galvatron shooting Starscream in that Nimmoy voiced Galvatron, and the shot he fired caused the enemy to turn to rubble.

I have to again take my hat off to Bay and co. Some of the stunts and the scenes in general during the building collapse scene were just amazing. The slide down the side of the building, and of course the wing-suit jump - just thrilling.

Really really good fun film. I honestly don't know how it's currently sitting at 36% on Rotten Tomatos. It really isn't that bad at all. I really have no real complaints about the film. If I had to score it, it would be up around the 80 - 85% range (on rotten tomatos). If I had to nitpick at anything, it would be that I would love to have seen some more Shockwave talking/transforming, perhaps a little more Megatron doing something during the battle (i know he was weak). I would have loved to hear Bumble Bee talk properly. But really I don't care.

Awesome. Will I see it again? Yep probably 1 or 2 more times. Then I buy on Bluray.

Best of the three. Yep.

Loved the movie, but there are several things that bothered me:

1. No acknowledgement of Ironhides death (at least say "this is for ironhide" before prime blasted Sentinel) or something.
    2. I wanted a longer more epic megs-Prime fight (still think Forrest battle is the best prime megs fighting action.)
    3. Ending was too abrupt.
    4. Where in the heck did they cons on the moon come from? anyone?
    5. (this is a knock on the theater i was in) the sound was too low!

About Ironhide's death:

I think the sheer brutal and tragic nature of his death speaks for itself. Also, the Autobots are probably so used to seeing their comrades falling that they've become desensitized to it.

There were a few errors:

Camera car in the scene in which all the Autobots roll into town.

The falling skyscraper scene was ridiculous: Falling down inside then jumping out the window to fall down again would mean they would have fallen to the ground, not sliding from the top, down. Again, in that same scene where they jumped out, there were no smashed windows in the scene after.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

you outdone your self thank you for time & work you put into the three films as fan i appreciate it many directors would have made into cgi animation cartton series but not you thank you.

saw the film last night after movie had ended everyone in theater clapped & cheared at end gave me goosebumps as fan i will see it again nextwwe in 3d

Quote Originally Posted by lewisking View Post
    The falling skyscraper scene was ridiculous: Falling down inside then jumping out the window to fall down again would mean they would have fallen to the ground, not sliding from the top, down. Again, in that same scene where they jumped out, there were no smashed windows in the scene after.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

I'm really suprised about how this movie turned out. I was not expecting
    it to be like that. It didn't even feel like the same franchise. It was a lot
    darker and there was something very different about it. I liked it a lot,
    but it ended too quickly it seemed. and It's sad because that was the last
    one...at least, for a long while. It ended on one Optimus Line. The only
    thing that I didn't like about the movie was the Ken Jeong Scene in the bathroom.
    that was weird. At first he was funny, but the bathroom
    scene was too weird. Other than that, the rest of the comedy was really good. The parents were funny, simmons was funny, wheelie and brains were funny too. Sam was a cooler character in this movie too.

I liked the whole movie though, and i want to see it again...but it's sad that this is the last one...It ended too quickly.
    I Fight Giant Robots

Finally saw it here's my view...

Bumblebee saves Sam only to be captured and held hostage. How and when did that happen?

Building scene before and during the huge collapse only to ask myself, where are the Autobots?

Although I liked 3D. I really miss Bay's filming style. That is what he's known for and that is what made me a huge-huge fan of his. I don't know...are 3D cameras bigger or?

To think and see Bumblebee on the verge of death with those expressions had me BALLING my eyes away!!!

Overall, I liked the movie and I WILL see it again and most def buy on Blu-Ray when it comes out. I'll give some more detail but I'm a little busy today.
    Optimus: One shall stand- one shall fall. Megatron: You still fight for the weak- that's why you lose!

the movie as a whole was amazing :] but as a decepticon fan this movie sucked for me
    aside from that the action was good but nothing has topped the beautiful forest battle for me.
    i think my favorite outta the 3 is still rotf :] but this movie had more soul and a nice new tone to it! you did an excellent job Micheal Bay and all involved :borat thank you for an amazing trilogy!!

Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    Epic! :borat

Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    Shockwave made me LOL.
    Optimus: "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies!"