Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Umm one question... why footage from Island was used in this movie ;p ?

Just came back from the theater. Beginning was a little bit slow and in few scenes...well..ehm.. boring, but since highway chase it was an epic movie. Best 3D ever! All in all it was better movie than TF2 and different from TF1.

Would be nice if TF3 could surpass Pocahon... ehm.. Avatar in box office.

Greetings from Slovakia. :borat

P.S. Wheelie and Brains real heroes RIP

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    By the way. I think Bay is gonna lose a lot of money when he promised $25.000 to those who could find the two characters from the last movie who shouldn't be in the movie at all. Did anyone else notice the two cars at the end of the convoy when the Autobots drove into the hanger?
    They were in the convoy into the hanger and then never seen again.
    Even when we pointed out that scene the very first day when the theatrical trailer was released, they used it in the movie. Bad call!
    He said he would pay if you spotted the twins performing in the movie. I don't think anyone would call that second and a half shot of their alt modes, a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
    Umm one question... why footage from Island was used in this movie ;p ?
    Where?

Banned

I gave it 7/10... i saw it twice - the midnight premiere and then again at the 6pm showing at an Imax 3D theater.

The first screening was awesome but we sat too close to the giant screen and lost some of the depth perception. 2nd screening was better because we had sweet seats!

I loved the into with Cybertron and the Moon landing/Black operation to the Ark, the story went through an ebb and flow of action and more structured story line (compared to the last 2 movies). Prime was awesome in this movie, kicking ass and being more critical of the stupid humans, Leonard Nimoy was the perfect voice character for Sentinel Prime. ILM and Digital Domain did an amazing job on the 3D special effects, the whole Apollo Moon landing, Space bridge opening/Decepticons leaving the Moon scenes and Chicago getting fkd up were awesome.

Unfortunately as per usual with Bay movies there were quite a few plot holes, i mean Barricade? WTF.. how is he still alive? Bumblebee killed him in the first movie! And then Carly mindfking Megatron... oh come on! And lastly Shockwave... why didn't they use him more, for the majority of scenes he was in he just stood there looking badass, he has that massive cannon on his arm but i think he only used it once - when he took a shot at Prime and hit his jet pack. This movie could have been a 8 or 9 out of 10 if it wasn't for all the plot holes. I'm not sure if Bay's writers ran out of time, money or idea's but he need to get a whole new writing team because his trade mark is now "explosions and plot holes"

Overall it was a fun experience, especially after watching it twice in 24 hours at the worlds 3rd largest Imax 3D screen

Went to the 9pm showing last night but was too freakin tired to review this last night.
    Overall I really liked the movie. About 47 times better than ROTF. Here are my main points.

Good:
    The overall darker tone of the movie
    The freeway chase. Just plain incredible. My favorite part of the movie.
    Prime was ruthless. Showed no mercy.
    The Mexican Standoff
    Leonard Nimoy
    The freeway chase!
    Simmons assistant
    Lazerbeak
    Starscream vs Sam. This entire scene was great.
    The scene were Bumblebee was nearly executed.
    Rosie did a good job acting. Megan was not missed.
    The 3D was very very well done. Better than Avatar.
    The plot.
    THE FREEWAY CHASE!

Minor gripes:
    It was too long. I think Bay thinks his big movies have to be 2.5 hours long in order to be good, but they could've easily shaved off 20 or 30 minutes.
    The fat Wrecker. Why?
    After all the b!tching people did about Dino and Q's names, they weren't really in the movie that much for it to even matter.
    Speaking of Dino, he should've had more lines. Loved his voice
    The freeway chase was too short (haha)
    Ironhide's death went pretty much unnoticed (Jazz?)
    Sam's parents were funny in the first 2 movies, not really that much in this one. Especially their 2nd scene right after the death of Ironhide.

Senior Member Operationoverlord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Well several times before Michael himself said that he doesn't even know what happens in some of the comics, books, games etc. They are all made up to fit the story of the movie not the other way around.

Yep, I even wrote to Nelson 2 days ago after I saw the movie, why Michael's thread has been deleted.
    makes sense lol otherwise he would have to shell out 25k....

dino was a let down, wanted Mirage, not to mention no "Invisibility" perk? WTF? so he was like Hot Rod then...... Cybertron should not have been destroyed it should have fallen the book and just went back to where it was, although it would have been cool to see it along with earth. I mean its like they took at Page out of "The Ev3nt" with the last episode and that other movie with the second earth? personally i would have preferred to have Megs and OP lead together in peace on Cyberton.... would have been cool to have Humans help rebuild in a peaceful manner.

Regards,
    Op Overlord
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."
    The Late King Of Cool.
    Steve McQueen

The Island scenes can be scene in the freeway chase scene. Not sure why they did this. It didn't seem to add anything to it. There are also shots from the first film.
    View My Latest Video/Photo Work Here!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaseyJPorterOfficial

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    The Island scenes can be scene in the freeway chase scene. Not sure why they did this. It didn't seem to add anything to it. There are also shots from the first film.
    heh, i mentioned this earlier. im surprised and clapped after i see that scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by i-MAN View Post
    Ohjeay ..almost forgot to give the thumbs up for the Bumblebee/Barricade reunion. That was my favorite ľoh my god- moment
    it wasnt barricade?? there was a white police car that was scanned when arrrived on earth, just like bonecrusher in rotf. Same bot different character

Quote Originally Posted by i-MAN View Post
    Ohjeay ..almost forgot to give the thumbs up for the Bumblebee/Barricade reunion. That was my favorite ľoh my god- moment
    it wasnt barricade?? there was a white police car that was scanned when arrrived on earth, just like bonecrusher in rotf. Same bot body different character

Oh and of course let's not forget the Spock tie in for sentinel "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    it wasnt barricade?? there was a white police car that was scanned when arrrived on earth, just like bonecrusher in rotf. Same bot body different character
    that police car was different had a blue strip down the side of the car, it was Barricade Imo.

Simmons assistant was soo funny, the bit in the Russian Bar with the shotgun and handgun :borat

And i was really suprised to hear i think it was the green wrecker say 'Wanker' to the guy on the floor before the shuttle took off with the autbots. I was like OMG did he just say that?

The scenes in there especially when going through the bus with the dead people on it and one still smoking was a great scene, kinda brought the impact home a bit.

Banned

oh and how many guys noticed that sneaky little up skirt shot when Carly was getting out of the car?

Mr Bay you perve! lol :lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    oh and how many guys noticed that sneaky little up skirt shot when Carly was getting out of the car?

Mr Bay you perve! lol :lmao
    I noticed that there was potential of... exposure... but i didn't think we saw anything?

Loved the Wreckers... damn glad they all survived... if Paramount continue this universe of TF's then i hope in hell that they stay in....
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I noticed that there was potential of... exposure... but i didn't think we saw anything?

Loved the Wreckers... damn glad they all survived... if Paramount continue this universe of TF's then i hope in hell that they stay in....
    yeh the wreckers were cool, but the Fat wrecker looked odd and kinda out of place. But i loved them once they ripped that Decepticon apart once his ship had crashed

in-diiiiiiiiiiiiiahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hahaha
    The Late King Of Cool.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    yeh the wreckers were cool, but the Fat wrecker looked odd and kinda out of place. But i loved them once they ripped that Decepticon apart once his ship had crashed
    The Fat Wrecker was a great design....
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
    Where?
    The chase with Dreads on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceh View Post
    Oh and of course let's not forget the Spock tie in for sentinel "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
    there was 2 spock tie ins... that and the one where Wheelie makes fun of him when he is watching him on the tube......

Brains was a genius, just saying what he said with no emotion, he reminded me of Fidget From "The Great Mouse Detective"

regards,
    Op Overlord
    The Late King Of Cool.
    Steve McQueen

So I just got back from the theatre... well last night i did. but anyways.

The movie had really bad reviews, so i was like "maybe it wont be good, but atleast better than 2!"

All I have to say is wow, i was blown away. Not only was the story very well done (as best you could for a transformer movie), but it was unbelievable in terms of what happened.

Bay added elements and emotion to the movie that everyone in the theatre was jaw dropped in either excitement or disbelief.

Ironhide getting killed ... literally everyone in the theatre was like OMG NO AH!.
    Even them murdering people, or the decepticon murdering the old prisoner bot, people just was like "woah" over.
    Megatron saving optimus for his own power i felt was amazing twist. could not more awesome.
    Sentinel turning bad was a huge twist. Him being the main villain over shockwave was pretty huge to. they hid that the whole time till u saw the movie.
    The conspiracy theories etc was all good.
    Even the shuttle scene of blowing up, bumblebee saying good bye, all of it. It was all amazing. How anyone could of given this a bad review is beyond me.

Im not really sure what else people can expect from robots. It was a great story, amazing effects, and bay added some hugely deep and sad moments. And some epic ones to.

10/10 for me

My review from first 3D viewing....

-saw it at substandard theater in my opinion, but is in real D 3D....will see it on imax 3D this weekend.....theater did not have good sound, but it only cost me $11.00 so i won't complain....

Issues with Film:
    1)this is my biggest problem...PACING!!! the movie is in a dead sprint from start to finish...it seemed like Bay wanted to cram so much into the film it needed to go at breakneck speed to show as much as possible. I think there were a few unnecessary scenes that could have been edited out (John Malkovich wasn't needed!) This could have allowed for expansion of more important/ emotion grabing scenes (my #2 complaint)

2)No gravity given to Ironhide's death!!!! Big opportunity for the Autobots to show some increased character development and it ended up a wasted opportunity. The cut to Sam's parents, albeit not as annoying as some reviews have stated, killed the majority of any buy in I had to seeing Ironhide get killed.

3)Shockwave was not a MAJOR bad guy in the film....he did nothing....his Drillbot was awesome, but if he was being pushed as the new Decepticon to be all concerned about, it was a dubious distinction....Frank Welker's voice work on Shockwave was awful at best...

4)What the hell is up with hey guys we are done fighting, the movie is over ending?!?!?!! Way too abrupt!!!!

I think these be some valid concerns.....

What I really liked:

1)Yes, the action was fanfreakingtastic!!! The last hour was Michael letting all directors past and present know he is the man when it comes to action sequences...

2)Dylan (patrick Dempsey) was a very good human foil for the film, although, his last name should have been Archevil!!!

3)The conspiracy plotline was really good...needed more of it

4)Wheelie and Brains were key without being too annoying...

5)The fact that there are still hundreds of Decepticons on earth!! (4th movie?!?!?)

I Will have more final judgement after i see it this weekend....overall, I was very entertained by the film... great summer fun...best film so far this summer by a mile but as with most summer fare, very forgettable....

so far, I will rate it 7/10...
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

1--shockwave was pathetic and weak.
    2--ironhide death was never mentioned by anyone.
    3--how did the autobots get captured by soundwave??
    4--how did optimus get his trailer back??

overall 8/10 excellent movie.

Quote Originally Posted by nbterveen View Post

Prime had the Wreckers run distraction on Shockwave so he could get to his trailer (off screen).
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nbterveen View Post

1 - He could have been a bit more badass i agree

2 - Yeah, the lack of real emotion after Hide's death (Pity bay couldn't have left those that cannot be named in the movie and had them killed off here instead of Hide, Same shock of the good guy goes bad... but with the TTCBN-haters gleefully cheering at their death)

3 - They got overpowered and surrounded by the MUCH larger force

4 - The truck wasn't destroyed, just blown off into the building. All Prime had to do was go back and open it.
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed