Thread: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Thumbs up Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

OMG!
    Me and my sister almost balled when Ironhide died! I did not see that coming.
    This movie was AMAZING! I will watch again, no problem!
    Sentinal was an asshole and should be burned.
    Got owned by OP. Hell yea>
    Being a Decepticon fan I was still pleased!
    P.S I thought the ending happened to fast so I give it a 8.9
    mostly for the mushy stuff and the beginning.
    I still LOVED it by the way.
    Congrats to Michael and crew for making the best movie Ive scene in a LONG time!
    boratD
    No illegals, no burritos. You better think twice America!
    http://static.rutracker.org/smiles/ges_bow.gif

Default Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Just wanna ask if anyone else thinks this is a bit of a major script fuck up?

When Sentinel is found in the Ark, he's already red and in his firetruck mode! :wtf
    Everyone else of the Autobots is in their exoskeleton form, just like when Optimus and Co. came to Earth in the first movie and then scanned their vehicle forms.
    How the hell did Sentinel scan his vehicle when he never made it to Earth in the first place before the Ark crashed on the Moon? Did they have firetrucks on Cybertron or what?

Then I gotta say I was a bit disappointed with some things.
    NO Aerialbots! The fact that Starscream killed them in the game proves that the game and the movie are connected together. What died in the game didn't get seen in the movie.
    Then that Bee was the only one to use "Stealth Force" mode if you don't count the Wreckers, but they were never seen in plain car form and their weapons sure hell wasn't Cybertronian like Bees was. I wanted to see at least Optimus too in "Stealth Force" mode blowing some punk ass Decepticons to pieces.

Then the ending was weird. First we saw what, four-five of these big ass black cockroach ships (that's what I call them) and they brought down ONE! of them when they crashed it into the river when Wheelie and Brains got to work.
    :wtf happened to the rest of the ships?
    They should have had left like at least 20 of these smaller TIE fighter type ships, like the one Bee and then Brains and Wheelie flew, that could have brought the rain on the Autobots in the end. Even after the Tomahawk cruise missile attack and when taking the fact that we saw what happened to the F-18 Hornets (blown to bits) when they tried to attack them and that the Autobots didn't have a SINGLE aerial vehicle that could have shot them down.
    I'm starting to think if Bay and his crew still were a bit rushed with the movie and the script, and that they would have needed more time to make sense of everything...: rol

Wow simply amazing thank you Mr Bay and co will watch the movie a couple of more times it was worth the wait 3d was spectacular BUMBLEBEE catching Sam and putting him back inside was amazing wow ....
    You may loose your faith in us,but never in yourselves

By the way. I think Bay is gonna lose a lot of money when he promised $25.000 to those who could find the two characters from the last movie who shouldn't be in the movie at all. Did anyone else notice the two cars at the end of the convoy when the Autobots drove into the hanger?
    They were in the convoy into the hanger and then never seen again.
    Even when we pointed out that scene the very first day when the theatrical trailer was released, they used it in the movie. Bad call!

First of all, our local Imax is tied up with cars, so Ill have to wait to experience it the way it was meant to. We did see it in 3d though.
    Still though, the 3d and sound was all it was said to be and much more. I can never get enough of these movies. I absolutely love it when you slow down the shot and you see so much detail in the bots. Im a mechanic so I appreciate the extreme detail in the mechanicals of the transformations.
    My passion is cars, and I love bays chase scenes, cant get enough of them. You outdid yourself once again. The scene where Bee transforms, throws Sam up in the air, and catches him inside again was breathtaking. Everyone in the theatre gasped and clapped.
    Now that I think about it, the only other time I remember people clapping in a movie, was in the first one when Bee transforms into the new Camaro. That scene is forever stuck in my head.
    I was not expecting Ironhide to die, especially like that. So sad.
    My favorite thing about these movies is the interaction between Sam and Bee. Watching Bee say goodbye and walk away from Sam before boarding the shuttle was really heartwrenching. And I will say I had tears coming down my face when Bee was about to be executed. The look in both sam and bees eyes was heartbreaking.
    Rosie did and awesome job, congrats to her for an amazing performance. I totaly forgot about whats her name throughout the movie.
    I always love watching Optimus kicking so much ass. And his speeches throughout the movie are always very moving. Awesome Job Mr Cullen. Everytime I hear that voice I get chills.
    So much more to say, but Im still trying to collect my thoughts. Sooo much to take in.
    Cant wait to see it again in Imax 3d.
    Thank you Mr Bay and the entire cast and crew for such an amazing experience.
    "Drivers dont pick the cars. Cars pick the drivers"

Quote Originally Posted by eat2na View Post
    http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/110629981
    As I just read Roger Ebert review, I find myself agreeing with him 100%. I know we are supposed to be fans here and talk about the good and dismiss the bad but this movie has no heart and couldn't wait for it to end. I am a big fan of these movies and loved the first one an the second one. I own the first and second on blu-ray but will not be buying this one at all or even renting it.

I don't know. I haven't seen it yet but maybe you and Roger Ebert are allergic to it. Don't know. Because if you liked ROTF I think you should like this one. It looks like this has the best things of that movie. Anyway about Roger Ebert I think he is too old for this. I know he must be a very wise guy in matters of movies, but if you look at his recent reviews he gave a better rate to Green Lantern. Now thats a ridiculous film I don't what to see, because it looks very fake, and the 3D convert, well... Then he gave better rate to Cars 2! What? Look: " While I was watching "Cars 2," an elusive nostalgia tugged at my mind. " It makes me think that it DOTM was just too much for him. Thats it! So Cars is lighter and excites some people . Well not for me. I like Cars, but never better than transformers. Specially when I am from the video games generation. And I like good movies too but the only time I needed to grab to my seat was with Avatar, and I think DOTM will have the same or bigger impact in me.
    BTW he also gave a good rate to Avatar and to Inception, in that i agree.
    But giving Green Lantern with Ryan Raynolds and his teeth 2.5 and DOTM 1. Come on grandpa, stop dreaming with Mater this is war.
    ALL HAIL BAY

Another thing: Shockwave only said one thing and all the rest I couldn't understand.
    He would have won if his eye wasnt popped out

OHHH and another thing: I really loved the butt part from Rosie. :lmao
    No illegals, no burritos. You better think twice America!
    http://static.rutracker.org/smiles/ges_bow.gif

USA--Bethlehem, PA The former hideout of Demolishor

HOLY HELL this was a visual masterpiece. I don't think ILM has to worry about the competition for the best effects Oscar. Hands down...the best framing of 3-D shots ever...it was INSANE.

So many great moments/shots to praise my hands would go numb from typing them.

I know the film has its ROTF "moments" but nevertheless...what an end to an awesome trilogy and mad respect to you Mr. Bay for listening to us and doing us proud as TF and Bay fans all around the world.

I personally think the D-Con deaths had just the right amount of visciousness...I mean they were going to enslave the human race...I may side with the Cons but I sure as hell don't wanna work for them so...let's not forget that aspect when you see Megatron's head with an Energon axe through it

In closing as a fan of the Decepticons and a person who rarely "cusses"...the DRILLER was Effin BEAST!!!

L_M_217
    A creative signature would be right here if I wasn't such a procrast.....

Just wonder if this movies could add another US50Million to intoduce great character like etc Tidal Wave, Omega Supreme, Superion, Bruticus Maximus would be great...Just a bit disappoint they didn't got one in it..

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    When Sentinel is found in the Ark, he's already red and in his firetruck mode!
    So I've watched the movie twice now. I was also puzzled why he had the fire truck look on the Moon but when I looked closer it kinda looks different. There are some similar elements but I think it's different.

Then that Bee was the only one to use "Stealth Force" mode if you don't count the Wreckers, but they were never seen in plain car form and their weapons sure hell wasn't Cybertronian like Bees was.
    Sideswipe also used stealth force on the highway chase but yes, they could have used it more

Then the ending was weird. First we saw what, four-five of these big ass black cockroach ships (that's what I call them) and they brought down ONE! of them when they crashed it into the river when Wheelie and Brains got to work.
    I you look closely when the pillar is destroyed and Cybertron begins to implode there is a scene where you can see that the D-con ships are being sucked by it too. It's a very quick scene but it's there.

Banned

When Sentinel is found in the Ark, he's already red and in his firetruck mode! :wtf
    Everyone else of the Autobots is in their exoskeleton form, just like when Optimus and Co. came to Earth in the first movie and then scanned their vehicle forms.
    How the hell did Sentinel scan his vehicle when he never made it to Earth in the first place before the Ark crashed on the Moon? Did they have firetrucks on Cybertron or what?

NO Aerialbots! The fact that Starscream killed them in the game proves that the game and the movie are connected together. What died in the game didn't get seen in the movie.
    Then that Bee was the only one to use "Stealth Force" mode if you don't count the Wreckers, but they were never seen in plain car form and their weapons sure hell wasn't Cybertronian like Bees was. I wanted to see at least Optimus too in "Stealth Force" mode blowing some punk ass Decepticons to pieces.

They should have had left like at least 20 of these smaller TIE fighter type ships, like the one Bee and then Brains and Wheelie flew, that could have brought the rain on the Autobots in the end. Even after the Tomahawk cruise missile attack and when taking the fact that we saw what happened to the F-18 Hornets (blown to bits) when they tried to attack them and that the Autobots didn't have a SINGLE aerial vehicle that could have shot them down.
    I'm starting to think if Bay and his crew still were a bit rushed with the movie and the script, and that they would have needed more time to make sense of everything...: rol
    LOL, very true!!
    the biggest WTF moment for me was a one handed OP killing Megatron that easily.. BALLS! like that could ever happen.. freaking 5 OP's with 4 hands each wouldnt be able to take out Megatron. thats the main part that really upset me, huge starscream fan, but his death was acceptable. the movie comic was fairly close to the movie, megs didnt die in the comics tho, he shouldn't have died in the movie..

in my eyes Optimus Prime is the real Decepticon!

1) he killed the most of his own kind
    2) destroyed his home planet of cybertron!
    3) didnt care that iron hide or wheeljack was killed
    4) 'decieved' the humans of leaving, but didnt
    5) had lines like 'kill them all' etc.. not like him at all.

If you stop to think about it and its hard I know I'm still buzzing from an awesome film. Sentinal was yellow in the anouncement piece to keep his earth mode identity a secret which it did because most people were guessing magnus for the fire truck. He was a red bot but he didnt have his form until he got to earth as there were several of those firetrucks in the next base so I can sumise he took his form there it just wasent shown.

as was said earler there was a scene where all of the cons and con ships were sucked back to cybertron as the main pole was destroyed by bee and ratchet.

I have to say there were a lot of plot holes like the above no explanation on Sentinals mode, tho I can understand them not mourning hide as Sentinals betrayale had everyones attention and I doubt that optimus new he was dead until they were all asked to leave.

This was a very good movie and beats rotf hands down but I think they should have gone the harry potter route and made this last film into 2 so everything could have been explained a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    LOL, very true!!
    the biggest WTF moment for me was a one handed OP killing Megatron that easily.. BALLS! like that could ever happen.. freaking 5 OP's with 4 hands each wouldnt be able to take out Megatron.
    You guys keep forgetting one thing. Megatron was almost killed in ROTF. I think the idea for DOTM is that Megatron is very weak and he is more like behind the scenes plotting villain. Even Starscream commented that he feels bad seeing Megatron so weak. And that's why Megatron was waiting in the back alley during the battle, that's why he proposed truce and that's why he got so easily killed. At least that's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    LOL, very true!!
    the biggest WTF moment for me was a one handed OP killing Megatron that easily.. BALLS! like that could ever happen.. freaking 5 OP's with 4 hands each wouldnt be able to take out Megatron. thats the main part that really upset me, huge starscream fan, but his death was acceptable. the movie comic was fairly close to the movie, megs didnt die in the comics tho, he shouldn't have died in the movie..

in my eyes Optimus Prime is the real Decepticon!

1) he killed the most of his own kind
    2) destroyed his home planet of cybertron!
    3) didnt care that iron hide or wheeljack was killed
    4) 'decieved' the humans of leaving, but didnt
    5) had lines like 'kill them all' etc.. not like him at all.
    Maybe your too con orentated to stand back and look objectivly at this.

Megs was still unrepaired and still weak from his ass kicking by prime in rotf he was also suprised by primes attack.

1) It was war we kill our own kind every day but are not considered monsters because its done in the sence of justice.
    2) how do you know cybertron was destroyed it looked like it but it could have been sucked back through the space bridge.
    3) they were in the midst of battle I'm sure they are gonna take time out to mourn then fight again also optimus had other things to think off ie sentinal.
    4) yes because they decieved him and the autobots and he also new the cons would be watching
    5) yes those words were not like prime except he was feeling anger(sentinal) and greif(ironhide)

I don't know if I liked it or not to be honest.

Plus:

Sentinel Prime (wow what a character, loved him!)

The 3D and effects

The Dreads

The story (it was very good compared to ROTF)

Optimus kicking ass

New autobots

Highway scene (this is what Michael Bay does best)

Minus:

Megatron (went out to easy and wasn't in the movie for that long)

Shockwave (same thing here)

The final battle between Megatron and Optimus

The wreckers (wanted to see more of them)

Sideswipe, Que, Dino (wanted to see more of them too, I actually think brains and wheelie had more screentime?)

The humor (when the movie really went dark and they started making jokes, why?)

It think it could have been a lot better, some things felt rushed (like the ambush of the autobots). All of the sudden they are surrounded? How did that happen?

I really wanted to see longer battles, specially between Shockwave, Megatron and Optimus. The military wasn't involved as the first two movies which was a little dissapointing.

Banned

what do you guys think of the score??

while it was cool to hear music from the previous movies again, i think 2 much of it was re-used. i didnt hear the great music from the trailers.. maybe i missed out on it.. i expected a jablonski edit of the linkin park song but didn't hear it.. thoughts?

So here's my review.

The opening scene was awesome although I didn't like the miniature feel of the first shot. Rosie's acting was pretty decent. Great casting decision. I loved Francis McDormand's male type character. Patrick Dempsey was great as a villain and John Malkovich was hilarious in the office scene. The scene with him and Bumblebee was unnecessary though. The best surprise for me was Alan Tudyk. The scene in the Russian bar was great. I was LMAO when Turturo was trying to calm him down in German.
    The highway chase was pure art. Michael is the best man doing highway chases (Bad Boys 2, The Island, TF).
    The biggest let down for me was Ironhide's death. Although he got a decent quality of lines till then. How come one of the best TF characters gets killed and nobody even said a word. Even Q got the "Farewell old friend" by Bumblebee.
    Sentinel Prime's character was the best developed one in the movie. He reminds me of Jetfire from ROTF (a very well developed D-con that changed sides).
    Sam's parents part was reduced hugely but I think they could have reduced it more.
    Brains was great. He stole the show from Wheelie. I'm not sure though - did they die after the ship crashed down? It was not a huge impact.
    The wing suit sequence is just genius and the Driller was awesome. Especially the 3D when Optimus was fighting him. I love that Soundwave had a pretty big role in this one but I didn't like Laserbeak. Shockwave was OK but they could have used him more (maybe killing Dino or Sideswipe - after all he was a huge motherfucker).
    I was expecting more deaths. All in all we got 2 Autobot deaths and bot were shot in the back. They deserved to die in combat not like this. And I was expecting some major human deaths - Lenox, Epps, Turturo.
    I don't have problem Optimus slaughtering so many D-cons but we needed some new characters. Not just background shots. The dump truck was a waste, the bank truck too. Nelson said that there will be several new characters that we don't know about but that was not the case.
    I understand that the novel has a different ending. Megatron offers truce and Optimus accepts it. I like the movie ending better though it's a bit strange that the villain Megatron offers truce to the noble Optimus and all he do is slicing his skull for that. I guess Michael did this to show that there is indeed no way to participate in a possible 4th movie. There can't be a TF movie without Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave.
    There had to be more Autobot deaths. By the way the scene with Bumblebee being executed was awesome. I indeed believed that Soundwave will execute him. It was very emotional moment.
    The 3D was fantastic. Very well used. For me the 3D was better than Avatar. The sound was great but somehow I expected more. The score too.

So the bottom line is that I had a huge expectations for this movie and it almost fulfilled them which is indeed hard. I love it and for me it's very short after the first movie. The first movie had magic and charisma that is difficult to surpass. But it's understandable.

Stars - 9 out of 10 :borat

Well, saw it, Iím still thinking this over..

DOTM is a good movie. Megan who ? Rosie nailed it. sheís brilliant.!
    The first 10minutes are truly awesome, I really liked the Apollo story.

I didnít got a feeling with the new bots, Dino,Q, Brains, Wreckers. Poorly introduced.
    Laserbeak the other hand ? very good characterization. (well done Ehren Kruger)
    But unfortunately he also has to die. Like almost all of the decepticons. The special effects are the best I ever seen.

Overall DOTM is a good transformers movie ! (better story telling ROTF), but the fight(s) intensity from TF1 and ROTF are better. The action in ROTF was way more intense than in DOTM. Therefore Iím still thinking DOTM over. Itís not the ultimate Transformers movie i hoped forÖ

Ohjeay ..almost forgot to give the thumbs up for the Bumblebee/Barricade reunion. That was my favorite Ėoh my god- moment
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Euless, Texas, United States, 108339615853282, Euless, Texas

i loved the whole movie. I really like how optimus was pissed off you never saw that in the cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    You guys keep forgetting one thing. Megatron was almost killed in ROTF. I think the idea for DOTM is that Megatron is very weak and he is more like behind the scenes plotting villain. Even Starscream commented that he feels bad seeing Megatron so weak. And that's why Megatron was waiting in the back alley during the battle, that's why he proposed truce and that's why he got so easily killed. At least that's how I see it.
    But why didn't they use Megatron as he is in the game?
    In this case the game and the movie belong together.
    Megatron had developed the skill to extract Energon with his left hand from other robots. He could have easily drained one A-bot like in the scene were the Autobots was surrounded or killed off one of the Wreckers by draining him.
    He could have also drained one of the many D-cons of Energon who had two seconds of screen time (Dumptruck, The armored truck) and regained his full strength!
    Now Megatron and Shockwave were killed all too easily.
    If you haven't played the game you won't know that Megatron got his truck mode when he broke out Shockwave from the Russians Cryo chamber where he was frozen. The Aerialbots and Warpath was also killed in the game and were not seen in the movie.
    And the game ends with where Megatron commands Shockwave to go to Chernobyl to retrieve an item and what happens in the beginning of the movie?
    Shockwave with his Driller crushes Chernobyl to the ground.

But we can forget a fourth movie!
    As you said in your review, there's NO WAY! there can be a fourth Transformers movie without Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave and Soundwave.
    If Paramount wants to continue with this franchise, the only way to do it, is to reboot the whole fucking thing. And in that case I'm out! It just won't be the same thing without Bay!
    I'm gonna see DOTM at least once more, to see if I change my opinion on some things and to see if I like the ending more the second time...

I loved the movie...so many "money shots"...ILM really outdid themselves !!!

The one thing I can wrap my head around in the film (seen it twice) is how Megatron ended up on the ground towards the end when Rosie came up to him.

How did he end up in that position and how did he let Rosie do a mind trick on such a baddy like Megs when Starscream has tried a millions times before her ???:wtf

totally aswsome movie going to see it again this morning!

Thank you Bay and crew for a great ending to an epic movie about my favorite childhood cartoon characters.

Hey, I was thinking like a few others might have been, what if it was picked up back on Cybertron before the war when Sentinel found Optimus and raised him and cover what their world once was like.

something like what they did with Star Wars when they went back to when Darth Vader was then the young boy, adikin.

It would be so cool to see what there world was like in comparesion to ours and who were they all like before the war.

Well, it's six fourty five in the morning here and another showning is at nine am. had a blast and Thank you Michael Bay and the entire team, AUTOBOTS RULE BABY!!!!!!

saw it Twice last night one after the other 9pm and Midnight this morning, cos im Hardcore :borat

it had its really good points and then some bad, but i can kinda over look them.

Absolutely loved it, there were points in the film where my jaw just dropped and stayed down for ages it was that good.

The beginning sequence where the ark is being chased through cybertron was amazing, very much like a scene from Star Wars. The moon landing bit after that was good too, using old footage and some newly shot ones to blend in and create a better story.

Sentinel was a great character and Leonard Nimoy was a really great pick of voice actor for him. The scenes where the decepticons were after Sentinel on the highway was brilliant, the 3 SUV's and the autobots actually going at it in stealth force modes :O
    And the Bumblebee transformation after catching sam in mid air in the same scene was epic!

Megatrons new vechile/robot mode looked great the best out of all the movies and the transformation of him in africa, WOW!

I was really disappointed with Shockwave, i felt he was just there to be fodder in some cool sequences. Blinded by a parachute and then taken out with OP smashing his chest in with his fist before ripping his eye out of his head:S

My fav part has the death of the humans, thats how Terminator shoulda been! and also the 'No Survivors, Only Trophies' that had me on that.. as much as i ended up liking Que(Wheeljack) i didnt like his head design but his voice was great, he died ;(

Ironhide was Epic and his death i thought was cool the way he just got blindsided by Sentinel, did not see that coming :O

Going to prob go again tomorrow, need some time in bed after getting home by 3am then work at 8am lol

By the way. I think Bay is gonna lose a lot of money when he promised $25.000 to those who could find the two characters from the last movie who shouldn't be in the movie at all. Did anyone else notice the two cars at the end of the convoy when the Autobots drove into the hanger?
    They were in the convoy into the hanger and then never seen again.
    Even when we pointed out that scene the very first day when the theatrical trailer was released, they used it in the movie. Bad call!
    I thought i saw them too

But why didn't they use Megatron as he is in the game?
    In this case the game and the movie belong together.
    Well several times before Michael himself said that he doesn't even know what happens in some of the comics, books, games etc. They are all made up to fit the story of the movie not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Foley View Post
    I thought i saw them too
    Yep, I even wrote to Nelson 2 days ago after I saw the movie, why Michael's thread has been deleted.