Page 1 of 27 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Discuss...
    Last edited by Andreas; 06-24-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Default Transformers 3

Brilliant.

Great job, Bay and Co. You outdid yourselves.

Best movie of the 3, by far. Amazing in every respect.

I was just gonna post a million exclamation marks but figured that wouldn't make sense. However, it is that awesome.

We even got an earthquake during an action scene (thanks Christchurch!) which made it 4D.

Sora, if you read this, know that I have worn my Allspark Splinter Pendant that you made me 2 years ago every day, and of course for this movie. Thank you again for it!

Can't wait for you all to experience the awesomeness that is this movie. Love to all my TF people!

Default Re: Transformers 3

Ouch. Another earthquake? How's everyone doing over there? At least it gave you a movie going experience you won't forget!

Banned

Default Re: Transformers 3

The story line was really different from what i expected and 3D robot transformations, fight scenes and the Moon footage was pretty cool but the transformations, moon scenes, world take over (downtown Chicago) destruction sequences and that skyscraper getting f*&#$@d up on Imax 3D were insanely awesome!

3.5/5 - might move it up to a 4 or even 4.5 when I see it again in another 16 hours =)

btw buddy i hope all your family and friends in Chch are safe and well, I'm from NZ and have family and friends there as well.

Default Re: The Official DOTM Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Off to the premiere...

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Off to the premiere...
    Enjoy!

Senior Member Operationoverlord's Avatar

Rock yo Body!
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."
    The Late King Of Cool.
    Steve McQueen

Take lots of pictures...
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Discuss...
    Well lets see here..... anyone care to start it offf?????

OK i will How bout them Bad ass robots !
    The Late King Of Cool.
    Steve McQueen

Banned

okay-

the 3D was amazing!! very very good, esp the starting and that flying suit part.

the story- well they played it safe, bringing cybertron using the spacebridge into earths atmosphere was done in g1 & animated as well.. so very similar. nothing i havnt seen before

the comedy was very good, damn funny.. esp ken jeong.

sentinel prime was an asshole, just like he usually is, so well done with that..

prime taking out all the decepticons was bullshit!! what like only 2 autobots died and every single decepticon killed?? wtf was that.. as for prime taking out megatron with only 1 hand is a fucking joke.. also no major humans were killed, which was bs..

i understand this was the last movie, but you made the decepticons look like bitches.. soundwave, shockwave, starscream, megs all killed way 2 easily. a decepticon fan isnt going to be 2 happy about that..

the wreckers were kinda cool, thought i wouldn't like them, but i did..

your tv spots fucked up alot of the suprises, eg shockwave death etc..

and huge d-con ship going down with wheelie and brains just pulling out a few wires. was kinda lame.

i mean i understand the good guys have to win at the end.. but did it have to be that easy? no humans killed, the only bot killed at the hand of a decepticon was wheeljack, an old scientist.

2 little screen time for megatron. etc. while the fighting was going on, he was just sitting and chilling at the back? i mean this is the dude who ripped jazz into 2!!

also alot of the score was reused from 1 & 2.

basically it comes down to, autobot fans will love it, espcially prime & bee fans. me being a decepticon fan, i didnt enjoy it as much as i thought i would. upset with the way they went out. and having seen a similar story before on g1 & animated, it kinda took away from the excitement.

overall, better than TF2. not sure about TF1 tho, am watching it again tomorrow

Banned

also characters like crankcase & crowbar etc.. needed more screen time.. then went out 2 fast 2 easy. also still wondering who the superfund bank truck was??

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    okay-

the 3D was amazing!! very very good, esp the starting and that flying suit part.

the story- well they played it safe, bringing cybertron using the spacebridge into earths atmosphere was done in g1 & animated as well.. so very similar. nothing i havnt seen before

the comedy was very good, damn funny.. esp ken jeong.

sentinel prime was an asshole, just like he usually is, so well done with that..

prime taking out all the decepticons was bullshit!! what like only 2 autobots died and every single decepticon killed?? wtf was that.. as for prime taking out megatron with only 1 hand is a fucking joke.. also no major humans were killed, which was bs..

i understand this was the last movie, but you made the decepticons look like bitches.. soundwave, shockwave, starscream, megs all killed way 2 easily. a decepticon fan isnt going to be 2 happy about that..

the wreckers were kinda cool, thought i wouldn't like them, but i did..

your tv spots fucked up alot of the suprises, eg shockwave death etc..

and huge d-con ship going down with wheelie and brains just pulling out a few wires. was kinda lame.

i mean i understand the good guys have to win at the end.. but did it have to be that easy? no humans killed, the only bot killed at the hand of a decepticon was wheeljack, an old scientist.

2 little screen time for megatron. etc. while the fighting was going on, he was just sitting and chilling at the back? i mean this is the dude who ripped jazz into 2!!

also alot of the score was reused from 1 & 2.

basically it comes down to, autobot fans will love it, espcially prime & bee fans. me being a decepticon fan, i didnt enjoy it as much as i thought i would. upset with the way they went out. and having seen a similar story before on g1 & animated, it kinda took away from the excitement.

overall, better than TF2. not sure about TF1 tho, am watching it again tomorrow
    and sentiel was not bad?
    The Late King Of Cool.
    Steve McQueen

Banned

another thing.. they made megatron look damn scary, he looked like a badass.. not even rosie was scared of him! the only thing he put fear into was the animals in africa!
    he just sitting around chillin in that presidents chair, then back by the dumpster.. while sentinel does all the work. lol this is Megatron!! just hearing his name should strike fear into ppl's hearts!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Operationoverlord View Post
    and sentiel was not bad?
    as in?? sentinel was the bad guy, and nemoy did a great job playing him! its just his character i never liked.

yea so it was exactly like the book...eh...... could be good i guess....
    The Late King Of Cool.
    Steve McQueen

Soooo did the Superfund bank truck transform or anything????

The Movie was epic, sure it had it's bad moments but I was grabbing onto my seats during ie the chase scene with sentinel and many following. Also loved the plottwists and sure the trailers and spots called the Autobot deaths easily...

Awesome movie, didnt like the whole "killem" all aspect , there has to be more decepticons out there, however there is so much to work with if they did a fourth film.

Starscream we know has an internal spark from the cartoon series so that concept could be used moving forward. There are still the hatchlings from the second movie, surely one of those could become Galvatron.

Overall 3D amazing, just purely amazing thanks Micheal Bay for restoring my faith in 3D. Midnight screening Sydney was well worth staying up for.

XD WOW!

First of all WOWW! XD Great movie! the 3D really didnt hurt anyones eyes to the end of the film, so zero complaints there it was excellent (but maybe it was because of the Dolby 3D because its a softer 3D technology maybe? didnt pop out that much but i saw the amazing depth so yes i saw 3D i just have to compare it with RealD 3D)

My mom said the best 3D was with the guys that were flying through the air, but she also said it wasnt worth the 3D BUT i said she was crazy cause i saw really beautiful 3D and i saw the depth in it the 3D was awesome Michael!
    Thank you Michael for that amazing experience! it truelly was awesome Michael!

Great action scenes! really awesome scenes especially the scenes on the highway with the cars chasing them to get to Sentinal Prime with the Dreads.

And OMG! XD Armageddon! at the beginning! XD i went crazy! XD whhaaa!!!

ooOhh! XD and how many times was the word "Dutch" in there? i couldnt count anymore XD but i really appreciated that haha awesome! XD
    "Who is your girlfriend?" "India" haha ;D "im sorry, that was the old Dutch" that was awesome stuff! ;D i just couldnt believe it! XD
    AWEESOMMEE!! XD
    And Oaarghh! XE XD he talked half German at the end somewhere that was nasty man! XD but also very funny indeed XD he created a great character tell Alan Tudyk he did a great job!
    And Michael i really get what you wanted to say with that and yeah its so true man (Netherland is getting gay-er by the minute while they kicked some serious ass a long time ago) and thats sad at the same time lol, but i really enjoyed the character "Dutch" funny stuff man ;D great stuff! ;D

I loved all the human characters! loved it i also saw myself back a little in Sam in some parts of the movie lol.
    I laughed my ass off when he wanted to start taht freakin engine infront of Dylan's car collection building lol.
    Shia did a awesome job! Loved him! loved everyhting! =D

Great humour in it was really fun. =D
    I LOVED ALL THE HUMAN CHARACTERS! XD was really great! =D
    Rosie did a super awesome job at acting! Well done Rosie! =D and wouw! XD =D

I had a 10 Min. intermission, that was SOOO not nesacarry! the whole audience went like WHAA!? WTF?! Noo!!.. and i also went like that with my niece, nephew, uncle and my mom :P but now that i think about it, it was good that we had the intermission because that crewed up everybodies internal clock so you wont count down the minutes at the end
    I never thought once during the movie "when is this movie going to end?" cause you have that a lot with most movies you know.

So this was a great experience for me and im gonna experience it again with my brothers and friends tomorrow

Ohh man.. XD it was a great movie guys! loved it Thank you Michael!
    I had a great time! loved it

Three things my mother, niece and uncle thought:
    - No intermission! (i think it was ok, not really a bad thing, it killed the internal clock in your brain but it did made you compare the two halfs of the movie. Like to much action in the second and the first half was better. But if we didnt have intermission then everybody would probably be half standing at the end of the movie to go to the exit.)

- There was one action scene in Chicago that was a little to long for their taste.

- To much sound with certain action scenes (probably the building scene or before that.)

I gotta go now.. maybe i have more to add tomarrow after i saw it a second time =)
    Again, thanks Michael! =D awesome movie! =D
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Where to begin?
    3D was very good. That wingsuit scene alone was worth the ticket price.
    Well you have to play the game to understand where Megatron got his truck form and how Shockwave came to life.
    Good story and it gets going first when they go to Chicago.
    Nice twist with the story.
    Brains and Wheelie doing the comedy part and they did it really good.
    Sam's parents should have got killed. His parents scene inside the RV with Sam was totally unnecessary.
    As for the massive numbers of Decepticons vs the small numbers of Autobots, the Autobots won too easily. Should have taken more casualties.
    I agree with a previous post that the major Decepticon characters were killed too easily.
    Optimus fly in was a little overkill. He killed way too many D-cons on his own in a single attack.
    It was much darker than the previous two, but no major human characters getting smoked by the Decepticons was a minus. The only humans that got killed was some civilians and a couple of NEST men.
    Bay said that there is somethings left open for a fourth movie. I don't think so.
    With only the Autobots alive and every single major D-con character dead, the only way to continue the franchise is to reboot the whole thing and without Michael Bay it's doomed to fail.
    In overall it was a good ending to the trilogy.
    I'll go and see it again at least once.
    I thought before seeing the movie, that it would attract the same number of people to the movies as Avatar because of the great 3D, but now I'm not so sure because of how the story went in the end...
    My grades go from 1-5 and I'll give the movie a 3.5.

Well an epic movie in every sense well done mr bay great way to end a trilogy, 3D very impressive, story good and action insane at times. They where I few things I didn't like especially the women government agent, I wish sentinel melted her arse instead god she was annoying. Overall though excellent film and worth the entrance fee.

Just came home from seeing DOTM. And I don't know what to say... or feel. I'm glad it's over though, I really hope Bay is done with Transformers, because honestly, another Bay-directed Transformers movie would probably just disappoint me. Wait, was I disappointed with DOTM? Both yes and no.

And this review contains SPOILERS! So don't read anymore if you haven't seen the movie yet.

All the dorky humour from ROTF (Simmons' ass, humping dogs, the Twins, etc.) is gone. The humour that is in DOTM is pretty funny though, I loved Brains and Wheelie. But there were some scenes with the human comedy relief elements that could have been left on the cutting floor. Like Malkovich's character, when he "plays" with Bumblebee at Sam's and Carly's apartment... what the heck was that? And I also felt that when the dramatic and action scenes kicked in, some of the comedy moments in between made it really awkward, and slowed down the pace. For example, when Sentinel Prime betrays the Autobots and kills Ironhide, a significant character in the TF trilogy, there is no emotional display about losing a close friend from the humans or the Autobots... instead, Sam ends up in his parents' trailer where his mom talks about the size of his dick. WHAT?! And the Deep Wang character (Ken Jeung) was funny... for a while. Then he just became very bizarre.

I feel if they would have left out the comedy bits when the shit hit the fan (Sentinel's betrayal), I would have liked the movie more. I thought those few comedy moments ruined the pace of the movie. I mean, I understand the need for comedy in a summer flick rated PG-13, but it's not needed when the movie's story is elevated to another level where comedy is unnecessary. Maybe I'm overreacting, I don't know.

Rosie Huntington-Whitely... I've read many reviews where the critics have ripped her apart. And I don't understand why? The moment she was onscreen, I was mesmerized by her beauty. She was so charming! She was way, way, WAY better than Fox. I didn't miss her at all, good riddance. I really liked Rosie. Did I mention I liked Rosie? She will be in my dreams from now on...

I also really enjoyed Patrick Dempsey's character (not in the same way, duh!). The evil human character working with the Decepticons... this is something I have missed in the two previous TF movies, and I finally got it in DOTM. Dylan was a real asshole, and Patrick did a great job.

The story in DOTM was far better than ROTF, and it also had better bad guys (The Fallen is an piss ant compared to Sentinel Prime and Shockwave).

Oh, and the 3D! This was my first 3D movie, and my eyes had a hard time getting used to it, but after about 20 minutes into the movie I was good to go. The 3D was amazing, especially during the action sequences. It felt like the debris was flying all over the place, and at you! It was awesome. The 3D really enhanced the action, the wingsuit jump sequence was breathtaking. But I was a little disappointed with the Chicago battle, I think I expected too much and the reviews were misleading. Maybe I have to let the movie sink in before I make my mind up about that.

But one action sequence that stood out was the highway chase, when Simmons and Dutch got hurt. When Jablonsky's score kicked in when the Dreads attacked, I got goosebumps. There were more moments like this in the movie, but I feel like they were not 100% complete, there was something missing. Maybe they were too short? I wanted to them to be longer. And speaking of Jablonsky's score... it felt like it took a backseat in DOTM. The scenes where it was used were good, but it could have been used more.

I really liked the two Armageddon scenes Bay threw in there, the first one being Sam's hunt for a job, with Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith being played in the background! And the second scene being the Autobots' launch from NASA. Nice nods to Bay's Armageddon.

This movie is really hard to review and rate, guys... but I think it deserves 3/5. It has its problems, but overall I liked it. I think my expectations were too high for DOTM. And I'm not sure I will see it again in a theatre, I will probably wait until it's out on Blu-ray.

And one last note... the rest of the audience really liked DOTM, because everybody (including me) were applauding at the end.

Just got back from the 9pm showing of DOTM. Wow, so much to take in. Epic in Scale. BIG, BIG, BIG Great story and even though it is the 3rd in the Series it felt really fresh.

Things i was not that keen on: Shock wave, What a let down and still a lot of silly humour (but toned down from the Second).

Stand out points:

Cybertron beginning (Awsome)

Sentinal (Best robot Character)

Highway chase with drones (amazing)

Sentinal twist

Skydive (showed best use of the 3D)

Megatron

Cybertron arrives.

............................................. 5/5

I cant help but read every one of these reviews even though i havent seen it yet:headnow i just spoiled myself.
    imma keep reading em tho:head:head:head:head:head:head:head

I enjoyed the movie but i need a 4th transformers maybe now megs is dead it opens the door for a unicron reviving him as galvatron??? you never know.

3D was amazing

The only bit im not happy about was screen time for Que,Wreckers,Shockwave and Megs. I know megs is weak as you see those spiderbots trying to repair his face.But still could have had more screen time.

Dino had abit of screen but not enough,i think the dialogue for all robots should be more.

Laserbeak got more screen time then most really more than most cons.

Sad to see My man Ironhide go like that was i sad moment.

Sentinel played it cool then hit them with the truce he made with Megs.

Good to see Sideswipe and Dino get a decent bit of action,but Que was he really needed in the movie because you barely see him. Ratchet does nothing as usual could of killed him off instead of Ironhide ;(.

But overall It is the best out of the 3. Could not stay after credits so do not know if there was extra secret scene.

Shia was great so was all the humans cast.

Rosie doing the English Proud!

I Want more Transformers movie because i feel that this is not the end,It ended weirdly with Prime 1 Arm saying a sentence then Credits hit.:wtf

I need Answers Do the Autobots leave and how with there ship Blown up?