Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moment of Excellence

Default Moment of Excellence

All moments of excellence should go here!

I went into the kickboxing office tonight to buy some new shirts and wraps because they were having a sale and Sifu said to me, "Don't you want to buy new shorts?" And I said, "Well... yeah. They are getting ratty, but I wanted to wait until I leveled (and trade my yellow striped shorts in for a green-striped pair)." And he said, "oh, you leveled a while ago. They just haven't gotten around to updating your file, the lazy asses." AWESOME.

So, I am now an officially green-striped level II. This kickboxing stuff's pretty awesome!
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Default Re: Moment of Excellence

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    All moments of excellence should go here!

I went into the kickboxing office tonight to buy some new shirts and wraps because they were having a sale and Sifu said to me, "Don't you want to buy new shorts?" And I said, "Well... yeah. They are getting ratty, but I wanted to wait until I leveled (and trade my yellow striped shorts in for a green-striped pair)." And he said, "oh, you leveled a while ago. They just haven't gotten around to updating your file, the lazy asses." AWESOME.

So, I am now an officially green-striped level II. This kickboxing stuff's pretty awesome!
    first off, I can tell this tread is going to be great. sound off, I would like to congratulate you on learning that you are more awesome than you had previously thought. Third off, I would like to state my MOMENT OF EXCELLENCE.

it was my first day in Material and Techniques and I had my old teach from intro to Sequential, which was a sucky class for me. I stated my dislike for my previous performance in Intro and he told me that just from some timed contour drawing we did in class, he could tell I had gotten better.

WOOT, I'm not as sucky as I use to be.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Thumbs up Re: Moment of Excellence

I taught myself how to use steele nunchuku's,sai's and eskrema,with no formal teaching?My nephew loves to see me sling the chucks and tries to learn what I show him on the sai's.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

does that count though I'm probably not excellent,I am good,though?

Quote Originally Posted by raddimus View Post
    does that count though I'm probably not excellent,I am good,though?
    I must say I am more impressed by you new avatar.

seriously, I want and shrunken version of that pic.

yhea I just got back from disney but my cam was on the fritz I'm going back sunday and will get some better ones.It looks alot better blown up.I want to get a disney character holing him I got a bunch of pics though,on rides with workers and stranger holding him and what not though a couple workers tried to stop me a couple times,lol.can't stop optimus though.

my brother was like dude your such a dork but alot of kids waved are were like look it's optimus,then I showed them the matrix but my nephew had him alot of the time.glad you like my avatar though thanks.

yhea I just got back from disney but my cam was on the fritz I'm going back sunday and will get some better ones.It looks alot better blown up.I want to get a disney character holing him I got a bunch of pics though,on rides with workers and stranger holding him and what not though a couple workers tried to stop me a couple times,lol.can't stop optimus though.
    "Splash mountain must be rode... no matter the cost."

lol,yhea got pics of him on splash mountain and roaring rapids,I'm a season card holder so I go all the time.I'm going back this sunday to get better pics.

I'll be posting new pics on my space tommorrow,plus I'm having probs posting pics on this site.

If I'm not mistaken that's the MP-01 and not the 20th anniversary 1. I want MP-04... that trailer is cool =(
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Great news on your promotion.And the way your Sifu told ya' that you earned them a long time ago makes it sweeter a moment.Nice!!.....Green happens ta be my favorite color.

hey my favorite color too.lol,and as for the edition that chose to make an appearance it was the 20th anniversarry edition my brother got me for my b-day last year.I wish he came with his trailer...but I did get megatron mini he could hold in gun form.I removed his head cover and arm ...well the displays showing grimlock and megs on his arms caus I didnt want to lose em.My nephew was the coolest kid even shared optimus with other kids and showed em how the matrix lit up! TO F-in COOL.

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that's the MP-01 and not the 20th anniversary 1. I want MP-04... that trailer is cool =(
    I have the 20th anniversary.....and just got Ultimate Leader today.

I is in TF heaven...the HD DVD and Prime....all in one day!

Sora, join me in happyness!!!
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

LMAO,why can't I join in,lol? I don't Have a plasma flat screen 65" screen t.v.
    But my brother who lives in the house next door does. It's sweet but I must admit all this hd and blu ray stuff is beyond me.Call me ignorant but I have seen tf big screen(The best viewing),comp.(worst),Reg. T.V.(second close to worst...cause so small.)And hd large screen(second to best.)Though I must admit of all the viewings the t.v. reg. is the most fluid and greatest pic quality from all angles.hd you have to sit at certain/straight on angle or it looks like crap.

The Moment of Excellence concept originates with my friend Kat who says I should also share with you the original story behind it:

At this conference I went to last week, a speaker talked about the importance of the "moment of excellence," a moment when you just take time to think about something great you did, and call attention to it. Taken out of context it sounds dorky, but when you heard the rest of her presentation you realized she knew what she was talking about. Anyway, the moment of excellence is very beneficial. The example she cited:
    An overly-earnest group manager called her team together for a meeting, and a guy stood up and said, "Wait a minute, before we start... I have a moment of excellence to share!" Being the supportive team leader, the lady said, "Oh, of course, go ahead!"
    He looked around, then focused his gaze on the leader. "My moment of excellence is that today, I did not kill you. There were many times when I wanted to, it was quite a struggle, but I resisted, and so this is my moment of excellence."
    The leader was quite taken aback and started to stammer, "Oh my, well, I'm so sorry if anything I did..." He cut her off and said, "No, this is not about you, this is about me, and my moment of excellence!"

True story.

----

Also, I nominate Gunrock on account of him not killing anyone either!! (Glad you're safe, dude.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    I have the 20th anniversary.....and just got Ultimate Leader today.

I is in TF heaven...the HD DVD and Prime....all in one day!
    Sora, join me in happyness!!!
    I'll join you soon after I get Trans-Scanning Optimus!

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    Also, I nominate Gunrock on account of him not killing anyone either!! (Glad you're safe, dude.)
    Oops, The Great! *Formerly* Gunrock.

trans scanning optimus whats that sora? and your friend sounds like they need some anger managment ...like maby they been holding things in and are about to blow and do something they might regret....The story didn't strike me as a moment of excellence.though you may have taken it out of context....a moment of excellence is just that, A moment where you accomplish or do something in an excellent way that quite possibly surpasses others attempts.

Trans-Scanning Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are new products TakaraTomy will launch in March.
    It transforms Protoform > Robot mode > Vehicle mode, and all parts are detachable/attachable.
    The picture of the prototype (still uncolored) can be seen at: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view...ze=800&start=0

Default How I defeated iTunes and my iPod

as most people know iTune's random feature sucks, as it plays the same few songs over and over again. also, I wanted to create a sync list for my ipod for songs I have listened to recently.

the problem is I have a playlist, called Lullabies, for music I listen to as I go to sleep. If I used a smart playlist to not play songs that i recently listened to or skipped, it would leave out songs that are in Lullabies. songs I listen to in my sleep

first thing I did was create a smart playlist that would only play songs in Lullabies, but not if they have been played in the past few weeks. smart Lullabies is its name.

next I created a list that would not play skipped songs for a month. (iTunes only reads a skip if you skip between 2 and 20 seconds.)( which is STUPID). this list is Freshness.

Lfactor will play songs that are in Lullabies, but not in smart Lullabies. this mean it plays songs that i have listened to in my sleep.

Playfactor will play songs that I HAVE listened to in the past 2 days, songs that have not been for 17 days, or songs in Lfactor. which means all the songs in that list have been played today or yesterday, but not played in the other past 17 days, or have been played in my sleep. the 2 day buffer is for me to be able to skip back or get a second chance to listen to a song I missed. Playfactor is the root for the two lists that I actually use while I'm awake.

so now I add Playfactor as the list Freshness pulls from.

ipod is a playlist of songs that I always want on my ipod.

Ipod Freshness pulls songs from Playfactor, but will not play songs in the ipod playlist or songs that have been skipped in the past 2 days.

I may still have some tweeking to do but this should work well to keep my music fresh and unplayed out.... much as the radio does.

all this because iTunes sucks at playing random songs.

if you hate iTunes randomness, I summit this as a guide to keep your music fresh. although you may have to do some tweeking of your own.

#@%* YOU, ITUNES. I WILL HAVE THE PERFECT MEDIA PLAYER.

P.S. as I read this I realize I do not need smart Lullabies. but at least it keeps my sleep fresh.

I have lost a grand total of 15 pounds since the beginning of December.

I mean, I wasn't overweight or anything, but I just felt I needed to lose a few pounds. Well, let me just say a stomach bug I had a few weeks ago really helped.

So now I'm maintaining. And all my clothes are a bit loose...so I gotsta go shoppin'. My (second) favorite thing to do in the world.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

yhea judgin by your small pic of you your defenitly not overwheight...just don't go anorexic on us girl.we'd miss ya.lol...So why you trying to lose weight and how ya doin it?

yhea judgin by your small pic of you your defenitly not overwheight...just don't go anorexic on us girl.we'd miss ya.lol...So why you trying to lose weight and how ya doin it?
    Why thankee.

I'm just drinking more water (it curbs your appetite) and eating less junk food. I don't snack. I just have breakfast, lunch and dinner. That's it.

Some people think I've gone anorexic, but you know, after not eating certain foods for a while, you just aren't craving them anymore, you know?

I don't know if the pic of you is new or not but you didn't look anorexic.I was just joking about it...I got a wok bible and some chinese dishes and some seaweed for x-mas,plus I quit drinking coffee too. I drink tailand tea leaves in a chinese tea pot now with little sugar.I was getting a bit big for a sec. you could tell by my pic I got posted of me at disney,I got a fat face.