Thread: What Happened To G1

Unhappy What Happened To G1

I still see why didn'y they make the movie take place at the same time the G1 tv show did. And, why didn't they stick to the G1 looks. they all would of looked better. +, they toys would have been easyer to make and transform.
    I've seen how hard they are to transform

Default Re: What Happened To G1

Quote Originally Posted by Autobot_Killa View Post
    I still see why didn'y they make the movie take place at the same time the G1 tv show did. And, why didn't they stick to the G1 looks. they all would of looked better. +, they toys would have been easyer to make and transform.
    I've seen how hard they are to transform
    AWWWWW. were the toys to hard for you to transform? Maybe these would be easier. http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...g&subbrand=508

plus the pictures you posted are all wrong. G1 looked more like this.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/reminat...Boxart1986.jpg
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Question Re: What Happened To G1

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    AWWWWW. were the toys to hard for you to transform? Maybe these would be easier. http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...g&subbrand=508

WTF is your problem??

WTF is your problem??
    sorry, you'll have to be more specific. I have many problems.

I think the one you may be referring to is your G1 purest posts. I have no problem with G1. In fact, I think most people on this board respect G1 at some level. however, this is Bay's board. this is hardly the place to sport the idea that the live action movies should follow G1 more closely. As a matter of fact, I'm not the biggest Bay fan. I am hear for Transformers. (and R-Type's head on a pike) (I'LL GET YOU YET R-TYPE. YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER!!!!1!!1) I'm hear cause I grew weary of all the G1 talk surrounding the movie.

Here in this magical place, the flaws of G1 are but a whisper. Here there is no chance in hell that megatron will be a pistol, or soundwave will be a tape deck. here, grimlock being a dinosaur is an idea, and not a rule.

in addition, I am sorry if my previous post had a bit too much bite. however, when you imply that a toy is difficult to play with, all bets are off. I totally agree that the movie toys are advanced, but you must see how open you left yourself.

Post Re: What Happened To G1

ok, i was just kiddin', but to make a new story for Transformers is LAME

ok, i was just kiddin', but to make a new story for Transformers is LAME
    I'll admit that almost every icon in the the transformers universe comes from G1, but I am curious to why you think a fresh start form Transformers would be lame? Surely you must see some flaw to G1.

I'll admit that almost every icon in the the transformers universe comes from G1, but I am curious to why you think a fresh start form Transformers would be lame? Surely you must see some flaw to G1.
    Yess, there is flaw in G1, but there is tons more in the Live movie. I'm just one them people who like the classic, + my dad grew up in that time and he thinks the movies if lame and sucky as hell, i just think i could have been better.

Yess, there is flaw in G1, but there is tons more in the Live movie. I'm just one them people who like the classic, + my dad grew up in that time and he thinks the movies if lame and sucky as hell, i just think i could have been better.
    oh I totally agree that the movie was riddled with lameness. However, I think that is due to bad story telling and a script that should have been thrown out instead of salvaged.(I just hope that Orci and Roberto are better writers than they are rewriters.) The look, however, I think saved the film from being a total wash. the action and actors helped, too.

i have seen that pic before
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    i have seen that pic before
    pretty sure it's box art... I have no clue who Remy is.

I was at a comic bookshop yestarday and a 8yr old boy asked his dad what kind of robot that was on the display counter by the cash register...the dad told his son that was Optimus Prime....the little boy looked confused and said he looked lame that his Optimus Prime was way cooler.... I had a nice little laugh inside.... G1 is in the Hall of Fame-- it can be admired and praised... to many people try to make martyrs out of them---making a movie with boxy/G1 styling--nice idea....wouldn't have made 1/2 the loot Bay's version has done... call me cooky, but I made my peace back in like'93 that I woould never see a G1 designed movie ever again...happy I did it too! Cheers to the continuation of the NEW Transformers... can'twaitto see what is done next!!
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

I think the main reason people love g1 so much is because when you're a kid....everything is awesome.....and eyes open to fantasy. When you grow up and look back at the original series, you remember the love, but you also spot all the flaws, and outdated technology. The only thing keeping it alive is the fact there is indeed a great story to tell, and there were some episodes that were pretty cool

Maybe the problem is in the head sculpts of the live action movie characters. The characters could have had smoother,metallic facial features like g1 .....it worked for the liquid metal terminator in T2 judgement day.............but there are a lot of people who like the new school looks

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypuddy View Post
    I was at a comic bookshop yestarday and a 8yr old boy asked his dad what kind of robot that was on the display counter by the cash register...the dad told his son that was Optimus Prime....the little boy looked confused and said he looked lame that his Optimus Prime was way cooler.... I had a nice little laugh inside.... G1 is in the Hall of Fame-- it can be admired and praised... to many people try to make martyrs out of them---making a movie with boxy/G1 styling--nice idea....wouldn't have made 1/2 the loot Bay's version has done... call me cooky, but I made my peace back in like'93 that I woould never see a G1 designed movie ever again...happy I did it too! Cheers to the continuation of the NEW Transformers... can'twaitto see what is done next!!
    So, yeah, i would have made less money, but would had been cooler.Also, that proves my poit. It was "cool" to the dumb and yong. I didn't grow up with Transformers, but i like it a lott now. I just think the movis was a wrong turn for Transformers along with the new tv show. Really. the only way i would ever consider it "cool" is when i stop havin respect for the G1 transformers

sorry, you'll have to be more specific. I have many problems.

I think the one you may be referring to is your G1 purest posts. I have no problem with G1. In fact, I think most people on this board respect G1 at some level. however, this is Bay's board. this is hardly the place to sport the idea that the live action movies should follow G1 more closely. As a matter of fact, I'm not the biggest Bay fan. I am hear for Transformers. (and R-Type's head on a pike) (I'LL GET YOU YET R-TYPE. YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER!!!!1!!1) I'm hear cause I grew weary of all the G1 talk surrounding the movie.

Here in this magical place, the flaws of G1 are but a whisper. Here there is no chance in hell that megatron will be a pistol, or soundwave will be a tape deck. here, grimlock being a dinosaur is an idea, and not a rule.

in addition, I am sorry if my previous post had a bit too much bite. however, when you imply that a toy is difficult to play with, all bets are off. I totally agree that the movie toys are advanced, but you must see how open you left yourself.
    Wait for it.... Wait for it.....

...to each his own. (j/k)

why my head?

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Wait for it.... Wait for it.....

...to each his own. (j/k)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    why my head?
    Is there another body part you had in mind?

seriously though, its just because your helmet looks so cool. why wouldn't any one not want to put it on display.
    Last edited by uraydo; 01-11-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Is there another body part you had in mind?
    No, I just thought you were experiencing a flare-up of that Wii-itis that's been going around and were cranky.

*whisper* G-1 was cool when I was 6 in 1984. Catering only to a small or specific group (G-1 hangers-on) as opposed to a wider range of people would ensure the stillbirth of TF as a viable live-action franchise. *end whisper*

*thinks of the idea of Dinobots in a live action TF*
    *sets fire to idea* *spreads idea's ashes over a field; per idea's last request*

No chance in hell Megs will be a gun or SW a tape deck in a live action movie. Let's leave that to the Botcons
    Last edited by r-type; 01-12-2008 at 12:19 AM.

See i like G1 as well as most peaple here but this is what happened to G1. Its 23 years later there abouts. Its time to update there looks and storyline for todays Audiance. If i was still young like i was back in the 80s i would agree with you but i'm not.It's time for change.

ok, now i'm upset, If this is what happend to Transformers when they mad the live movie, wtf is gona happen to the live G.I. Joe movie coming out at the same time as TF2. I just really hope that some director out there dose another live transformers movie with the G1 look.
    G1 is better

Banned

ok, now i'm upset, If this is what happend to Transformers when they mad the live movie, wtf is gona happen to the live G.I. Joe movie coming out at the same time as TF2. I just really hope that some director out there dose another live transformers movie with the G1 look.
    Did you know Transformers derived from GI Joe? LOL.. its true.. back in 68' Hasbro was making the GI Joe figures. Its counterpart, Takara, liked the idea and asked to market them in Japan. Takara started getting creative making robotic GI Joe figures. Eventually making robots that changed shapes which is where we got the Diaclone, Microman, and Macross lines that formed up to become Transformers in 1984.. Enough about that.. I'm sure they'll throw Dolph Lungren or someone of that sort of caliber in the movie Perhaps The Rock.. maybe Jet Li.. who knows.. I haven't looked at it to see who's been cast in it, if anybody yet. But I'm not too worried.. I like Transformers more than GI Joe. Thats like saying.. but oh.. Iron Man and Speed Racer are coming out this year... my reply.. yeah..? so?

LMAO.. pure comedy..
    Last edited by Smokescreen_5; 01-12-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Did you know Transformers derived from GI Joe? LOL.. its true.. back in 68' Hasbro was making the GI Joe figures. Its counterpart, Takara, liked the idea and asked to market them in Japan. Takara started getting creative making robotic GI Joe figures. Eventually making robots that changed shapes which is where we got the Diaclone, Microman, and Macross lines that formed up to become Transformers in 1984.. Enough about that.. I'm sure they'll throw Dolph Lungren or someone of that sort of caliber in the movie Perhaps The Rock.. maybe Jet Li.. who knows.. I haven't looked at it to see who's been cast in it, if anybody yet. But I'm not too worried.. I like Transformers more than GI Joe. Thats like saying.. but oh.. Iron Man and Speed Racer are coming out this year... my reply.. yeah..? so?

LMAO.. pure comedy..

Actually TF came from microman, then became a spin off line called Diaclone, it got released in america w/o the little figures called (diacrone I think) and it flopped. But put a story behind it and BAM!
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Actually TF came from microman, then became a spin off line called Diaclone, it got released in america w/o the little figures called (diacrone I think) and it flopped. But put a story behind it and BAM!
    Perhaps you didn't read what I posted.. Maybe you should reread it again.. and again.. and again.. until you understand what I wrote..

...........................(lame)................. ..........
    G1 is better

Banned

...........................(lame)................. ..........
    Alternators are closest to the movie and stilll have the G1 look, so perhaps, I shall say they are better.