Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I can't wait to see this in IMAX. Nolan is one of my favorite directors!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    I can't wait to see this in IMAX. Nolan is one of my favorite directors!
    Me too, Nolan has sold me since i saw Memento when it first came out.

And what does everyone think of Adrienne Barbeau as Catwoman's voice on TAS? wasn't she perfection giving that sexy seductive voice of hers as every Batman fanboy's dreamgirl (besides Ivy and Harley)?

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

It's still kinda early, but I think it's pretty clear now - "The Dark Knight Rises" is not gonna be the biggest (in terms of box office success) movie of 2012. Yes, it marks the ending of Nolan's trilogy and a lot of people are excited about it, but it's just not possible for that movie to beat "The Avengers". I think that's quite surprising, because just two months ago most people thought that "The Dark Knight Rises" will crush every other movie this year. Now, looking at those "Avengers" numbers...well, you just can't beat that no matter who you are.

Speaking for the movies themselves, I enjoyed "The Avengers", but I'm absolutely sure that I'm gonna have more fun with "The Dark Knight Rises" (and I'm not even a comic book/Batman fan).
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem
    It's still kinda early, but I think it's pretty clear now - "The Dark Knight Rises" is not gonna be the biggest (in terms of box office success) movie of 2012. Yes, it marks the ending of Nolan's trilogy and a lot of people are excited about it, but it's just not possible for that movie to beat "The Avengers". I think that's quite surprising, because just two months ago most people thought that "The Dark Knight Rises" will crush every other movie this year. Now, looking at those "Avengers" numbers...well, you just can't beat that no matter who you are.

Speaking for the movies themselves, I enjoyed "The Avengers", but I'm absolutely sure that I'm gonna have more fun with "The Dark Knight Rises" (and I'm not even a comic book/Batman fan).
    I don't know, I think you're underestimating how big TDKR could be. I mean, TDK is 11th on the all time list. Certainly the PR surroundings Ledger's death added something, but it was also just a badass movie. And this is the end of the trilogy. People "have" to go see this to have their "resolution".

I think both could both end up being pretty frickin' high on the list for 2012 and all time.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Yeah, I won't be too quick writing out TDKR. Although Avengers is doing great at the box office still nothing is certain. For example The Avengers numbers in the second week decreased much more than TDK did. And I think TDKR will earn more internationally than the Avengers. Avengers are more popular in the US while Batman is more like a worldwide character. And indeed this is the end of the trilogy.
    It would be a nice race to watch maybe with very close results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I mean, TDK is 11th on the all time list. Certainly the PR surroundings Ledger's death added something, but it was also just a badass movie. And this is the end of the trilogy. People "have" to go see this to have their "resolution".

That's true, but we didn't mention one very crucial thing - 3D. "The Avengers" is a 3D movie, "The Dark Knight Rises" is not a 3D movie. Maybe that doesn't really matter domestically, but internationally (especially in Europe) 3D is huge and "The Avengers" will be a monster, monster hit. And who knows, maybe it'll go after "Avatar".

What I'm saying is, only a 3D movie can reach those numbers in such a short period of time.

It'll be tough for "The Dark Knight Rises" to go against that. Really tough.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    That's true, but we didn't mention one very crucial thing - 3D. "The Avengers" is a 3D movie, "The Dark Knight Rises" is not a 3D movie. Maybe that doesn't really matter domestically, but internationally (especially in Europe) 3D is huge and "The Avengers" will be a monster, monster hit. And who knows, maybe it'll go after "Avatar".

What I'm saying is, only a 3D movie can reach those numbers in such a short period of time.

It'll be tough for "The Dark Knight Rises" to go against that. Really tough.
    I assume you mean that because it's 3D, the average ticket price is higher, so it's easier to bring in the cash? I hadn't considered that and it's a good point.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I assume you mean that because it's 3D, the average ticket price is higher, so it's easier to bring in the cash?

Yes, that was exactly my point.

It's not a fair fight when you're up against a 3D movie. But nothing's fair in Hollywood.

P.S. From what I've heard, Nolan is not a huge fan of 3D so it's not really surprising that "The Dark Knight Rises" is not a 3D movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego

I don't know, I think you're underestimating how big TDKR could be. I mean, TDK is 11th on the all time list. Certainly the PR surroundings Ledger's death added something, but it was also just a badass movie. And this is the end of the trilogy. People "have" to go see this to have their "resolution".

I think both could both end up being pretty frickin' high on the list for 2012 and all time.

Ed Fuego
    It was a great great movie indeed, but Heath Ledger's death/performance had a lot more to do with the historic box office performance than anything. A lot of people that went to see TDK had probably never seen Batman Begins. I'm as excited for TDKR as most are, and I'm sure the overall numbers will be huge, but I doubt it will beat 207 million opening weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem

Yes, that was exactly my point.

It's not a fair fight when you're up against a 3D movie. But nothing's fair in Hollywood.

P.S. From what I've heard, Nolan is not a huge fan of 3D so it's not really surprising that "The Dark Knight Rises" is not a 3D movie.
    Even if he was a fan of 3D, I doubt he would've used it for this one.

3D doesn't fit the overall tone of the movie, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    ...And I think TDKR will earn more internationally than the Avengers. Avengers are more popular in the US while Batman is more like a worldwide character. And indeed this is the end of the trilogy...
    Can you explain to me why 53.2% percent of The Dark Knight's total gross was from the domestic box office? http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm

I love this image, even though i agree with Bayhem. Personally i think DKR will be the overall better film, but the Avengers will proabably definitaly have the higher box office.

tumblr_m3okz0oA5n1root05o1_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Can you explain to me why 53.2% percent of The Dark Knight's total gross was from the domestic box office? http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm
    What I meant was that Batman is more popular than The Avengers internationally. But Bayhem is right, I forgot about the more expensive 3D tickets.

And who knows, maybe it'll go after "Avatar".
    I don't know, Avatar had the phenomenon of not only everyone seeing it, but of a lot of people going back to see it two, three, four more times and seeing it in 3D. Does "The Avengers" have that kind of love?

Banned

i know a lot of people going and seeing the avengers 2-3 times.. how they can sit through it again and again i don't know.. i wouldn't watch it again even if i was paid to..

i really hope Batman outperforms Avengers, hope Spidey does well also. I don't see this Batman movie being bigger than the last one, cause like someone said, Heath's death had a role to play with sale numbers, also the Joker has a much bigger following than Bane.. I'll be happy if it makes it into the Billion $ club.

Well we have 2 phenomenal superhero movies like Avengers and Dark Knight Rises, now Avengers has became the number one movie of all time.

And it's surprising that Marvel does better at the box-office than DC recently but Nolan's Batmans are the only moneymakers for DC.

But you have to remember that DC does make some good comic based movies like Superman 1 & 2 & Returns, Nolan's Batman films, Burton's Batman movies, the animated DC movies including the animated Batman movies, Watchmen, A History of Violence (I bet you didn't know this was based on a DC/Vertigo comic folks) and V For Vendetta (Based on a DC/Vertigo comic from Alan Moore). I hope This movie continues that tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Well we have 2 phenomenal superhero movies like Avengers and Dark Knight Rises, now Avengers has became the number one movie of all time.

"The Dark Knight Rises" is not out yet. So it's not a "phenomenal superhero movie". Watch it first before blindly praising it to high heaven.

And "The Avengers" is not the #1 movie of all time. Not domestically, not internationally. Your info is way wrong.

What i meant to say was maybe TDKR might be phenomenal.

And who thinks they should have Rupert Thorne, RedClaw (that sexy skunk-haired Baroness wannabe from Batman the animated series) and Ventriloquist in the next movie?

While not really about the movie ,it is related to the movie. I just wish it was coming out this way.

http://www.tumblertour.com/

The Tumbler and the Bat-Pod are hitting the road and traveling across North America. Check the list of stops below to see if the Dark Knight’s wheels are pulling into a town near you. More stops are scheduled to be added so be sure to look for updates.

5/12 Bentonville, AR
    5/15 Tulsa, OK
    5/19 Overland Park, KS
    5/21 Kansas City, MO
    5/23 St. Louis, MO
    5/25 Chicago, IL
    5/27 Washington, DC
    5/28 Baltimore, MD
    5/30 Philadelphia, PA
    6/1 Buffalo, NY
    6/7 Toronto, Canada
    6/10 Montreal, Canada
    6/12 Purchase, NY
    6/13 Columbus, OH
    6/15 Lansing, MI
    6/16 Detroit, MI
    6/17 Brooklyn, MI
    6/19 Indianapolis, IN
    6/21 Nashville, TN
    6/22 Knoxville, TN
    6/23 Atlanta, GA
    6/25 Dallas, TX
    6/27 San Antonio, TX
    6/29 El Paso, TX
    7/1 Albuquerque, NM
    7/2 Phoenix, AZ
    7/7 Los Angeles, CA

Lazy poster

Glad they released better posters
    bat-1.jpgbat-2.jpg82372783672.jpgDTdbB.jpgNKlnL.jpg6Ukhx.jpg
    "Can you point to the object that represents the resilient parasite of an idea caught in the temple nature of the subconcious human mind?"

I am definitely going to be buying some TDKR cinema size posters!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

[video]

I think... we don't need to expect a lot from this one.. Or Nolan is really trying to create the most lame trailers ever made to not give anything away..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!