Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 201

Thread: And the Mercedes E550 is...

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    This pathetic planet.
    Posts
    334

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadWPalm View Post
    You mean the the 99.9% of the world's population that aren't die-hard Transformers fans?
    you would be surprised just how many TFs fans there are in the world my friend. Look at China and Japan alone, two of the world's largest population centers. China alone has 22 percent of the world's population. Now im not saying the total populations of these two countries alone know what TFs is but in just these 2 countries, not counting the rest of the world, there is more than 00.1% of die hard TFs fans.

  2. #152
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,196

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    This.
    And why is that so hard to believe?

  3. #153
    Senior Member evergamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Don't ask me, I don't disbelieve you. I don't think nelson was being facetious in calling it an anecdote. I was just pointing out what sounded anecdotal because you asked.

    :borat If you know people in the industry.

  4. #154
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Which question?

    If you mean this:


    my first sentence was the answer to it.

    And which part of my post is an anecdote to you?
    Address this:

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    If you're trying to equate a major plot point with a name of a secondary character, I'd like to read your reasoning and logic.

  5. #155
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,196

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    Don't ask me, I don't disbelieve you. I don't think nelson was being facetious in calling it an anecdote. I was just pointing out what sounded anecdotal because you asked.

    :borat If you know people in the industry.
    Well actually we work exactly in this industry.

    Nelson are you really thinking that I'm making this up? If you think that I'm lying I can send you a PM with a certain scene which I believe can't be described in the novel and when the movie is out you'll see that I told you the truth.

  6. #156
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,196

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Address this:
    I'm not talking about the secondary characters names. The thing I'm talking about is also a huge plot point, which was misinformed. And this misinformation sowed the seeds of doubt about the names.

  7. #157
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Well actually we work exactly in this industry.

    Nelson are you really thinking that I'm making this up? If you think that I'm lying I can send you a PM with a certain scene which a believe can't be described in the novel and when the movie is out you'll see that I told you the truth.
    You expect me to believe you but won't believe me.

    The irony escapes you.

  8. #158
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,196

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You expect me to believe you but won't believe me.

    The irony escapes you.
    As I told you before I don't interpret this as you're lying. Just pointing us in the wrong direction.
    OK Nelson if you say that you're completely honest with me and tell me now that these are indeed the final names of the two robots in the movie I'll believe you immediately.
    Do you agree? I'll trust your word without anything more.

  9. #159
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I'm not talking about the secondary characters names. The thing I'm talking about is also a huge plot point, which was misinformed. And this misinformation sowed the seeds of doubt about the names.
    The point which you seem to miss or ignore is that there is A HUGE DIFFERENCE between revealing a PLOT TWIST and as you describe it "misinforming" about the names of two secondary characters.

    No advantage is gained in "misinforming" about Dino and Q. If the Ferrari were Mirage, what would that spoil? If the MB E550 were Wheeljack, what would that spoil? Noting.

    BTW, what would be the motive considering there are other leaked info I am not debunking or do not care to?

  10. #160
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,196

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    The point which you seem to miss or ignore is that there is A HUGE DIFFERENCE between revealing a PLOT TWIST and as you describe it "misinforming" about the names of two secondary characters.

    No advantage is gained in "misinforming" about Dino and Q. If the Ferrari were Mirage, what would that spoil? If the MB E550 were Wheeljack, what would that spoil? Noting.

    BTW, what would be the motive considering there are other leaked info I am not debunking or do not care to?
    You're right but you have to agree that when you're misinformed (I continue to refuse to say lie) you begin to doubt other things. That's in people's nature. I aways trusted your comments, if you just say that you're honest about these names and that they'll end up in the movie I'll immediately stop doubting it and the topic will be closed for everybody. Call me naive but I still believe that people can be honest to each other only with bare words.

  11. #161
    Senior Member Niven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Alness, Scotland
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    You're right but you have to agree that when you're misinformed (I continue to refuse to say lie) you begin to doubt other things. That's in people's nature. I aways trusted your comments, if you just say that you're honest about these names and that they'll end up in the movie I'll immediately stop doubting it and the topic will be closed for everybody. Call me naive but I still believe that people can be honest to each other only with bare words.
    listen does it really matter? i was not very happy with the choice of names for the Ferrari and the Benz but in 23 days it will not matter because by then we will all have seen the film and i honestly believe the film as a whole will make up for the minor things like names.

  12. #162
    Senior Member ChadWPalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Plague1980 View Post
    you would be surprised just how many TFs fans there are in the world my friend. Look at China and Japan alone, two of the world's largest population centers. China alone has 22 percent of the world's population. Now im not saying the total populations of these two countries alone know what TFs is but in just these 2 countries, not counting the rest of the world, there is more than 00.1% of die hard TFs fans.
    Before I continue, kindly look up "hyperbole" in the dictionary.


    Ok. My point was that the MAJORITY of viewers of this movie worldwide are not going to care if the names are not based off of G1 character.

  13. #163
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,196

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Niven View Post
    listen does it really matter? i was not very happy with the choice of names for the Ferrari and the Benz but in 23 days it will not matter because by then we will all have seen the film and i honestly believe the film as a whole will make up for the minor things like names.
    Of course it doesn't matter. I said it several times.
    I just wanted to explain to Nelson why I doubted him about the names.

    I'm going to bed now (here is 1 am). Nelson I hope that you'll answer to my last post.
    Good night everyone.

  14. #164
    Senior Member Niven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Alness, Scotland
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Of course it doesn't matter. I said it several times.
    I just wanted to explain to Nelson why I doubted him about the names.

    I'm going to bed now (here is 1 am). Nelson I hope that you'll answer to my last post.
    Good night everyone.
    when you wake up 22 days to go

  15. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    This pathetic planet.
    Posts
    334

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    The point which you seem to miss or ignore is that there is A HUGE DIFFERENCE between revealing a PLOT TWIST and as you describe it "misinforming" about the names of two secondary characters.

    No advantage is gained in "misinforming" about Dino and Q. If the Ferrari were Mirage, what would that spoil? If the MB E550 were Wheeljack, what would that spoil? Noting.

    BTW, what would be the motive considering there are other leaked info I am not debunking or do not care to?
    There are two advantages in misinforming about their names (not saying you are just using an example) 1. Before the Dino and Q names came out by ''You", most everyone was convinced they were Mirage and Wheeljack and no one was really talking about them as the excitment of them making a showing in the movie had for the most part settled down. Now by "you" telling us they are not who we thought they were, it once more gets people talking about these two bots and creates hype for the movie. 2. In that newly created hype, it causes a split between the movie fans as it has done so well, in turn keeping the hype up and giving people yet just another reason like whether the Twins are in or not to go see the movie just to see for themselves. It may be a very small and stupid thing as wanting to see for yourself if the Benz will be called Q or Wheeljack but it's these very small stupid things that the movie industry knows drives people to see movies like this.

  16. #166
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    10,956

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Plague1980 View Post
    There are two advantages in misinforming about their names (not saying you are just using an example) 1. Before the Dino and Q names came out by ''You", most everyone was convinced they were Mirage and Wheeljack and no one was really talking about them as the excitment of them making a showing in the movie had for the most part settled down. Now by "you" telling us they are not who we thought they were, it once more gets people talking about these two bots and creates hype for the movie. 2. In that newly created hype, it causes a split between the movie fans as it has done so well, in turn keeping the hype up and giving people yet just another reason like whether the Twins are in or not to go see the movie just to see for themselves. It may be a very small and stupid thing as wanting to see for yourself if the Benz will be called Q or Wheeljack but it's these very small stupid things that the movie industry knows drives people to see movies like this.
    So what you're saying is, this is all just some vast conspiracy to promote the movie?

    Holy shit, my mind was just fucking blown.



    : rol

  17. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    This pathetic planet.
    Posts
    334

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    So what you're saying is, this is all just some vast conspiracy to promote the movie?

    Holy shit, my mind was just fucking blown.



    : rol
    not everything has to be a conspiracy with you guys. No, thats not what im saying. But this type of thing is done ALL the time in the movie industry and yes these stupid little things do help to promote a movie because what has it done? Its gotten everyone talking about these characters again and in turn hyping up the movie. It isnt that hard to see. Or is it? Some people are really being naive about how things like this work.

  18. #168
    Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Delaware county
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    I said this on the other thread is and im going to say it one more time...All i got to say is, michael bay, PLEASE dont make this like g1. i like MICHAEL'S transformers style. I dont want this movie to turn out like g1. Stick to your Style, michael!!!! It's more relatable with the human involvement, and its more badass with THESE versions of the robots, and even some of the humor was really cool. thats why i liked ROTF!!! I really liked it a lot! i enjoyed it more than any other movie, especially when the main plot started when the humans had to find out how to bring OP to life. :borat anyway, point being, make it YOUR way, not g1. It wont be as good if it's like g1.... thats why g1 fans need to stop complaining. Michael's overall style was awesome in ROTF in my opinion. and i dont want him to listen to all of the complaining g1 fans...
    by the way, optimus is a lot cooler in these movies than he is in g1. why? because he was cartoony in g1!!!! In the movies, he's a cooler Real looking robot !!!! and he acts more real. im worried michael is going to listen to the g1 fans because the names is all you g1 fans care about. :head you guys are acting like the names are the overall importance of the movie, which sounds very lame.

    This movie NEEDS to stick to Michael's overall awesomeness! Sorry g1 fans....
    I Fight Giant Robots

  19. #169
    Senior Member Johnd818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Hmmm, another thread for know-it-all's to show how much they know (without ever proving a thing) and whiners to...well, whine. I know this is exactly why I come here...

    :head
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

  20. #170
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,196

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnd818 View Post
    Hmmm, another thread for know-it-all's to show how much they know (without ever proving a thing) and whiners to...well, whine. I know this is exactly why I come here...

    :head
    I really hope you're not talking about me. If you did then I completely failed or you didn't read all my posts in this thread. I tried really hard to explain myself because I didn't want to be put in such a group. I know only one scene from the movie which is actually hilarious but turned out to have a very important fact. If somebody wants a prove please send me a PM and I'll give you.
    Sorry if I misread your post. I have a great respect for you.

  21. #171
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,196

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Nelson it would have been great if you answered my last question to you about the short honest answer but I won't persist.
    I wont' discuss this topic again. Just I want to finish with another question. I know the name issues about the Ferrari and I understand them, but about "Q" I wanted to ask you:
    A few months ago you posted a picture named "Q" with the blue Mercedes. Back then you said that this name has nothing to do with the character. Few months later you made a comment that "Q" was the production name of the Mercedes. And now it turns out that "Q" actually will be the characters final name. Which one of these three is right? And what happened that they've decided to keep the production name for the Mercedes?

  22. #172
    Senior Member King of Kings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK, Originally Scotland
    Posts
    503

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by I Fight Giant Robots View Post
    optimus is a lot cooler in these movies than he is in g1. why? because he was cartoony in g1!!!!
    Isn't that because G1 was a cartoon.


    Well and the comics to.
    Jesus respawned in 3 days.....

    Now that's lag.

  23. #173
    Senior Member chatterbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    in the g1 cartoons he was cartoony haha

  24. #174
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Plague1980 View Post
    There are two advantages in misinforming about their names (not saying you are just using an example) 1. Before the Dino and Q names came out by ''You", most everyone was convinced they were Mirage and Wheeljack and no one was really talking about them as the excitment of them making a showing in the movie had for the most part settled down. Now by "you" telling us they are not who we thought they were, it once more gets people talking about these two bots and creates hype for the movie. 2. In that newly created hype, it causes a split between the movie fans as it has done so well, in turn keeping the hype up and giving people yet just another reason like whether the Twins are in or not to go see the movie just to see for themselves. It may be a very small and stupid thing as wanting to see for yourself if the Benz will be called Q or Wheeljack but it's these very small stupid things that the movie industry knows drives people to see movies like this.
    Epic fail.

    "Misinforming" for the sake of promotion/publicity would be me saying "Hey, Barricade is back."

  25. #175
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

    Seriously, all this hate over two names?

    Someone call this people a


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •