Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: And the Mercedes E550 is...

Default Re: And the Mercedes E550 is...

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    I like the name Que. It's short and sweet. Why does everyone need epic names?
    I think the real question is, why does everyone need previously established Transformer names?

I was hoping they would name one of the new bots "John"...

Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd818 View Post
    I was hoping they would name one of the new bots "John"...

If he turned into a green tractor, there would be a huge smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    If he turned into a green tractor, there would be a huge smile on my face.
    I am from Indiana...plenty of those tractors around. I'm just sayin'...could be a hit with a whole new demographic. From Fanboys to Farmboys.
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd818 View Post
    I am from Indiana...plenty of those tractors around. I'm just sayin'...could be a hit with a whole new demographic. From Fanboys to Farmboys.
    Hence why these movies should appeal to everyone!

So blue Mercedes revealed, Ferrari revealed. Now we need a thread about the silver Mercedes - if he is a TF or just Carly's car.

I think the real question is, why does everyone need previously established Transformer names?

Well, let's think of it this way: not all of us have awesome names. Mine's basically the name of a book. Why do we expect all of the bots to have these huge, powerful names? For every clever name, there is always going to be a Bob Smith out there. In this case, maybe Que and Dino fit them perfectly. We don't know their personalities yet, so I don't want to judge.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    So blue Mercedes revealed, Ferrari revealed. Now we need a thread about the silver Mercedes - if he is a TF or just Carly's car.
    t Carly! We need a tv spot with her. We haven't seen much of her. haha i want to see her HOTness.... and we dont know anything about her character too....

Anyway, If i remember correctly, the mercedes is just a car. at least, that's what michael bay said on these forums. But I'm not sure...and i actually like the name Que. Just because it sounds different. Let's not forget that these transformers are foreign and from another planet. they're going to have Odd, and different names. They're aliens! That's why i like Que a little bit. I never watched g1 so forgive me if I'm wrong, but did you expect his name to be wheeljack? well, Que sounds more alien-like then Wheel-Jack. If you think of it that way, it does make sense!!! Cool, in my opinion. Anyway, the names were chosen for a reason, obviously. so, I'm not going to judge names too much, because they do not affect the movie, the story, and the characters AT ALL. so...the names aren't a big deal. Wait until you see the characters to judge.
    I Fight Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by I Fight Giant Robots View Post
    But I'm not sure...and i actually like the name Que. Just because it sounds different. Let's not forget that these transformers are foreign and from another planet. they're going to have Odd, and different names. They're aliens!
    Can you tell me one alien like name from the first two movies?

Can you tell me one alien like name from the first two movies?
    Yeah tons of them. Optimus, for one. Megatron, for second. Starscream, for third (Especially with "star" in there) haha cause they travel in space. Jetfire is kind of...even though "jet" is in there, but it's a cool name..
    All of the decepticons have alien names, pretty much. Ironhide sounds alien-like too. The Fallen sounds like an alien name. and Que just sounds the most alien cause it's the most different. haha

you have to admit, i have a point here! :lmao:borat
    I Fight Giant Robots

t Carly! We need a tv spot with her. We haven't seen much of her. haha i want to see her HOTness.... and we dont know anything about her character too....
    Have you seen the clip with her sam and dylan yet? Isnt that enough of her

Yeah tons of them. Optimus, for one. Megatron, for second. Starscream, for third (Especially with "star" in there) haha cause they travel in space. Jetfire is kind of...even though "jet" is in there, but it's a cool name..
    All of the decepticons have alien names, pretty much. Ironhide sounds alien-like too. The Fallen sounds like an alien name. and Que just sounds the most alien cause it's the most different. haha

Well for me an alien name is a name which doesn't mean anything. All the ones you quoted have a meaning. But enough of the off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by vipe99 View Post
    Have you seen the clip with her sam and dylan yet? Isnt that enough of her
    yeah, she looked pretty, but i want to see some of her HOTNESS. haha
    you know what I mean???
    I Fight Giant Robots

Well for me an alien name is a name which doesn't mean anything. All the ones you quoted have a meaning. But enough of the off topic.
    It's not off topic, it's about the name Que. haha but okay.
    I Fight Giant Robots

Banned

I much prefer Mirage and Wheeljack. What you always seem to dismiss Nelson is Transformers fans prior to the Michael Bay's films. The names of these characters matter, no matter how you go about it. James Bond isn't Transformers. It's just too bad about all these licensing hurdles the production team how to go through. If this is the best they can do as far as names, so be it, I don't see myself pretending to conform and warm up to them anytime soon, especially if they chose these names when wheeljack or mirage was available. There's gotta be some loop hole.

This is like the final scar on this series that will never truly heal in my opinion, yet again nothing (or no one) is ever perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Does the term homage mean anything to you?

did not like the name. WheelJack would have been better. But it good to know this info; thanx Nelson

Banned

None of them sound like alien names and I guess you have never heard of Jupiter Optimus Maximus have you? look it up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EastwoodClinton View Post
    I much prefer Mirage and Wheeljack. What you always seem to dismiss Nelson is Transformers fans prior to the Michael Bay's films. The names of these characters matter, no matter how you go about it. James Bond isn't Transformers. It's just too bad about all these licensing hurdles the production team how to go through. If this is the best they can do as far as names, so be it, I don't see myself pretending to conform and warm up to them anytime soon, especially if they chose these names when wheeljack or mirage was available. There's gotta be some loop hole.

This is like the final scar on this series that will never truly heal in my opinion, yet again nothing (or no one) is ever perfect.
    breath bro. I feel you but you are perching to the quire. Mirage may not be called so by name in the movie but I believe we will still hear Wheeljack mentioned to in name.

Banned

Would you be upset if they named Ratchet in the movie, Toolbox? Or something? Atleast you get to see your favorite transformer in the movie with his name intact.

Well, let's think of it this way: not all of us have awesome names. Mine's basically the name of a book. Why do we expect all of the bots to have these huge, powerful names? For every clever name, there is always going to be a Bob Smith out there. In this case, maybe Que and Dino fit them perfectly. We don't know their personalities yet, so I don't want to judge.

Banned

Would you be upset if they named Ratchet in the movie, Toolbox? Or something? Atleast you get to see your favorite transformer in the movie with his name intact.
    that is a good point. Id love to see people trip out if their favorite transformer was renamed lol

You need to go read what I posted on the Italia Page. Then you will understand why people want establisthed TF names. Its called "Lore"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ranger565 View Post
    You need to go read what I posted on the Italia Page. Then you will understand why people want establisthed TF names. Its called "Lore"
    See, now I can understand making new characters that are in there like Brains in DOTM and Doc (Scalpel) in ROTF but to add main characters like the larger bots and then give them names like this isnt "lore" and I agree with you.

No, because I wasn't familiar with G1 until after the movies came out. I wasn't allowed to watch that stuff as a kid. I like his personality and character, not just his name.

How does a world without organics come up with the name Bumblebee? I've always wondered that.

How does a world without organics come up with the name Bumblebee? I've always wondered that.
    Thank you.

But his name on Earth makes sense, seeing that it's a "designation" as Optimus described Jazz's name, and that he's yellow and black. Back on Cybertron, he could have been called something completely unpronounceable and untranslatable to humans.