Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan Made Trailer Challenge

Default Fan Made Trailer Challenge

I'm an attorney, a Crossfit athlete and now officially vying for the championships in the Biggest Nerd for Transformers contest, I've come to accept it as such. I figure it might be a little fun for some of the forum members to chop together some of the Transformer trailers and put them to music, kind of as a way of showing Bay that even though his source material was a cartoon about alien robots who can turn into automobiles, he's had an impact on some of us. I know most of you are the die-hards, like myself, so I figured I'd start a thread for whomever wanted to get in on this. There's obviously no reward but it could be fun and since I love the conversations on here I figure I'd like most of what you all will end up putting together.

This is a trailer I made using clips from all of the Dark of the Moon trailers so far (yes, Mirage included and slowed down for more screen time), some clips from the first movie and some from RotF. I'm a complete rookie at this stuff, seriously, so it's not anything amazing, but it was fun putting it to music. For all you fans of the original TF movie (cartoon version a la the 80's) I added a track from the movie to the clip, Spectre General's "Nothing's Gonna Stand in Our Way" from the fight scene Kup and Hotrod had after they crashed. Here's the link to the video, hope you all enjoy and hope to see at least a few video responses. I know we're nearing the end of the shootfortheedit forum discussions on Transformers, but it's been a pleasure chatting with all of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0EXxt-xSzE
    Hot Rod: How'd you beat them?
    Kup: I'm trying to remember... There were alot of casualties that day.

Default Re: Fan Made Trailer Challenge

I made one a while back, using the available trailers and TV spots at the time, combining it with "Instruments Of Destruction" from the 1986 film.

And this doesn't really count, but I also took the theatrical trailer, and combined with with the two Rebuild Of Evangelion animes. Turned in a really cool result.

I'll start making one. I'm gonna try more than just putting songs over the clips though.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Here is one our friend and S4TE memeber frolunda71 put together a while back! The sound is a bit off but the video composition is pretty good!
    http://youtu.be/D8J6W0xbFpg

I've just finished another trailer trying to use the sounds and music from the original spots. It turned out well and I hope I'll find time to post it today.

OK, so here we go.

I've tried to make a trailer with the best scenes from all TV spots and without any human characters in it. I wanted to stay with the original music and sounds from the 3D trailer and I think the edited music and sounds turned out well.

Hope you like it.

hey hey hey! Albershide, Cesar and IHeartBayhem! All of those were awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    OK, so here we go.

I've tried to make a trailer with the best scenes from all TV spots and without any human characters in it. I wanted to stay with the original music and sounds from the 3D trailer and I think the edited music and sounds turned out well.

Hope you like it.

nice!
    as soon as we get a couple of "entries", we'll make a poll and let the members decide which is best!

OK, so here we go.

Hope you like it.

Really nice! A million times better sound that I had in my trailer! Maybe I should stay out of this competition since I'll have as good chance as a snowball in hell to finish with the top 10. But it seems like CesarCardoso has already registered my trailer to this competition...

Here's a little trailer I made about a month back, I hope you guys enjoy it, let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5G1YFaLPzM
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing".

Quote Originally Posted by TRANSFORMERS 2 View Post
    Here's a little trailer I made about a month back, I hope you guys enjoy it, let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5G1YFaLPzM
    not bad man! the orchestra music kind of killed the mood a bit for me but that's just me, one person. Keep making them man. I'm diggin it!

OK, so here we go.

Hope you like it.

Alber... I have to say, I don't like it at all. I indulge in it! It's insane how you mixed the music with the scenes. Really nice man... seriously well done and very impressive.

Banned

I'll be happy to throw my hat in the ring soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    not bad man! the orchestra music kind of killed the mood a bit for me but that's just me, one person. Keep making them man. I'm diggin it!
    I'm glad you like it man, and I will once I get sony vegas back, next time I shall use better music then.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing".

So I don't think I can do any better than this... I wouldn't necessarily call it a trailer, that's for sure, but it's clips from TF1, ROTF, and all of the DOTM trailers thus far. There are a ton of transformations, a couple comic overlays, lots of fighting, a sweet song to run the audio, some slowed down scenes and some sped up scenes. I'd like to see if someone with much better talent than I could make a vid with "Monster" by Paramore (which is the song they wrote for TF: DOTM) when the song comes out on June 3rd... it could make for a hell of a clip/trailer type video. I hope ya'll like it, let me know what you think. Take care:

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Alber... I have to say, I don't like it at all. I indulge in it! It's insane how you mixed the music with the scenes. Really nice man... seriously well done and very impressive.
    Thanks man. I really appreciate it.

I've been thinking of trying to get one up on youtube before the movie makes it debut in theaters. Just want to figure out the music then if I want to add in parts from the first two.

I want to use score from a different movie, but what is throwing me off lol
    "ALL HAIL MEGATRON!"
    RIP Megatron: 2007-2011

Hi
    I don't know if its the right place to put this video. I made this a year ago and it took me a year to make it. Some of the models are from a designer RazzieMbessai.
    This franchise made me want to study CGI.My favorite movies of all time.
    There is no story in this trailer. I just made scene after scene and made a trailer.
    I live in Japan so I can only see TF3 a month after the world wide release
    Anyway hope you like it. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by zubzero View Post
    Hi
    I don't know if its the right place to put this video. I made this a year ago and it took me a year to make it. Some of the models are from a designer RazzieMbessai.
    There is no story in this trailer. I just made scene after scene and made a trailer.
    Awesome CGI. Keep up the good work.

yo subzero, that was tight. Loved it and the music and sound effects. Keep it up, make something insane.

Quote Originally Posted by zubzero View Post
    Hi

I posted that a longgg time ago last year somwhere, i loved it so lmuch that i posted it
    You did a great job man! keep up the awesome work!
    I'll try and find the post for ya see the reviews of your work

FOUND IT!
    http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?8213-Why-Unicron-Will-NOT-Work.&p=162740&viewfull=1#post162740

Oh nobody reacted to it :S =/
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Flying Heart>

Thank you !

what programs are used to make these fan made trailers? I want in, but I have experience with video editing, might as well try right?
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by boudie13 View Post
    what programs are used to make these fan made trailers? I want in, but I have experience with video editing, might as well try right?
    I used the Windows Live Movie maker, Real Player to convert the trailers to mp3 audio files and a simple audio cutter and audio joiner.
    Though the audio part is a bit tricky with Windows Live Movie maker, especially if you try to make the background music to match from clip to clip if you want to use the original trailer clips.
    But having just one or two music clips on the whole video as background music, you can make pretty good videos with Windows Live Movie maker as well...

Quote Originally Posted by boudie13 View Post
    I used Avid Media Composer 5.