Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: For International fans

Default Re: Updated: For International fans

I still have to visit the UGC cinema in center of Antwerp.

And look around in the streets for advertising.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Default Re: For International fans

Quite honestly, international advertising by Paramount feels way weaker this time.

They're just throwing in posters with a lackluster tagline (Earth's last stand, Humans rise up, etc.) and putting some cardboard standees that don't catch enough attention of general public.

The topics of Chicago shoot, Wreckers at Daytona, Rosie and Maxim are rarely heard here, either, because those are just "some local news in the U.S." to most of non-Americans. Maybe there should be some news international audiences outside the States can relate to.

Still nothing here in Toronto Canada... Our busiest cineplex - Scotiabank Theatre in downtown Toronto has nothing either. Quite surprising actually.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Quite honestly, international advertising by Paramount feels way weaker this time.

They're just throwing in posters with a lackluster tagline (Earth's last stand, Humans rise up, etc.) and putting some cardboard standees that don't catch enough attention of general public.

The topics of Chicago shoot, Wreckers at Daytona, Rosie and Maxim are rarely heard here, either, because those are just "some local news in the U.S." to most of non-Americans. Maybe there should be some news international audiences outside the States can relate to.
    I agree, even in my area (although I live in the US) advertising is pretty weak. Heck they're not even showing DOTM at Seattle's biggest IMAX theater this time. They did with ROTF. I feel like Paramount should step up with their international promotions. ROTF did really well with advertisements!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Hi
    Think I have brought this up before, but the advertising for DOTM has been really poor. My local cinema VUE in Cheshire oaks England, still until maybe this week has had no posters, ads at all. Thet didn't even show the 3D trailer with Pirates. Just a shame as the big blockbusters have been advertised for months.

In Japan: advance tickets come with..

Bumblekewpie by Rose O'Neill (1,300 JPY)

or

Darkside Optimus (6,760 JPY) - Convenience store chain Lawson exclusive.

Still, these extras are mainly targeted to Transformers fans. That wouldn't grab much attention of general audiences.

There's a event going on in London this weekend (which i can't get to this time out :head ) called the Movie Comic Media (MCM) Expo, Basically a mini UK SDCC type event.

I've put feelers out to see if they have any of the DOTM posters on show (They should do as they're usually quite good at showing off upcoming movie posters
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    In Japan: advance tickets come with..

Bumblekewpie by Rose O'Neill (1,300 JPY)

Haha thats cute we dont get that stuff here.

Someone from Bulgaria posted a photo of a TF3 standee and we dont even have that here yet =/ and i live near one of the BIGGEST cinema's of THE WORLD and they dont have TF3 cardboard standees yet! i think. the poster they have got here is from the internet and they printed out them selves because its all English text on it and it says July 1st =/

The only thing that can catch huge attention for this movie here is when the cast of TF3 and Michael Bay comes here and advertise the movie.
    That will seriously get everyones attention here and if they do something funny or crazy or what ever attracts attention blocking some roads will also do, advertising on Belgian radio stations like Nostalgie and MnM and the most youthful radio is Q-Music these are the most listened to radio stations i believe.
    It will be on the news and all showbiz tv shows here, this also goes for the Netherlands, cause Hollywood super stars rarely come here so that should stir things up a bit.

These were suggestions so i dont know if all of this might be a good idea.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

Default Re: Updated: For International fans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    Melbourne, Australia - not a single thing =( I've seen plenty of Fast 5 and Pirates displays but no TF3
    I live in Melbourne too and I've seen some promotional stuff for TF3 around, at least in the CBD. The Official Poster, with the new release date on it is on a building on Flinders Street, across from Flinders Street Station.
    Village Cinemas Crown have a poster and an Optimus cardboard standee.
    IMAX also has the Optimus standee, though it still says 30th June. IMAX also has two small TF3 posters, though both are inside the building. No TF3 Posters outside on the rectangular concrete column things yet though.

A pretty random phone box in a pretty dead street in my small town:

http://cl.ly/77z5/Image_2011.05.27_15_37_35.png

Transformers? No where to be seen. Going to see Hangover 2 tonight, will let you know if they've put anything up.

Im from TURKEY / ISTANBUL
    population of city: 12 900 000 people which has SAME COUNT with SOME EUROPEAN COUNTRIES on its own !!!!
    Im looking for adv.,posters,trailers before movies (which can be related with TF,not drama movies ı mean) on streets and in theaters since january 2011.
    BUT,there is no any poster,trailer,adv. etc...!!!!

ı have gone many theaters once a week in order to increase my chance,BUT ı saw NOTHING.
    just 30 days remain at the moment but THERE IS NO ATMOSPHERE LIKE AVATAR & TOY STORY & TF-ROTF !!!
    there is posters,adv. etc... of X-Men First Class,Hangover 2 and there were posters Pirates of the Caribbean,Fast5 even Tron before 2 months before release date at theaters.

THIS IS REALLY SHAME for me (and for my friends) as a big fans of this movie.
    This Last movie should has to be more Striking,before its release.

FROM TURKEY / ISTANBUL

Banned

looks like the world over, its more or less the same, either nothing or very less, very disappointing.. michael needs to bash a few heads in. or someone needs to get fired or something. i went for hangover 2 & kung fu panda 2 today, still nothing. even saw that reebok was selling pirates 4 clothing! but that would never happen for transformers. uniqlo will sell a few t-shirts. but they dont have shops worldwide. sucks.

I get it early as i'm a subscriber.... but the next SFX magazine here in the UK has a small DOTM 3-page article, all 'old' images, nothing new.... and it's really just an interview with a guy from ILM about the CGI...
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

I've just came back from the theater in my country and now I start to see signs that the DOTM campaign is beginning to show. Firs I saw these 2 posters in the cinema:

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

Although they're not even translated in my language (which is better) and my country still is the only European country that doesn't have an official premiere day for the movie.
    Then I saw the new 3D trailer before Pirates and I was completely blown by it.
    So the only movies better advertised than DOTM were Thor and Pirates 4 but that's understandable because they're already out.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I've just came back from the theater in my country and now I start to see signs that the DOTM campaign is beginning to show. Firs I saw these 2 posters in the cinema:

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

Although they're not even translated in my language (which is better) and my country still is the only European country that doesn't have an official premiere day for the movie.
    Then I saw the new 3D trailer before Pirates and I was completely blown by it.
    So the only movies better advertised than DOTM were Thor and Pirates 4 but that's understandable because they're already out.
    what i dont get is how come Bulgaria gets the 3D trailer and not somewhere like the UK when pirates came out?..

no offence Albershide not ur fault

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    what i dont get is how come Bulgaria gets the 3D trailer and not somewhere like the UK when pirates came out?..

no offence Albershide not ur fault
    Well I guess it depends on the cinema. Here we have plenty of them because we have many Malls and the trailer was only shown in the biggest cinemas.

I have just send an email again to the cinema i always visit Metropolis asking if they have anything yet.

I will also do this for UGC in Antwerp now.

I'll be hearing hopefully from Metropolis and UGC Antwerp.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    I'll be hearing hopefully from Metropolis and UGC Antwerp.
    We want more advertising here in Greece is in non existence and is a shame !!!!

So our cinema has the big Optimus banner, but it shows the old July 1st date and it's hidden in the old arcade part that is now just an empty room, where no one goes. Good to see it though!

The event i mentioned earlier has apparently NO DOTM promotional stuff at it at all....
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

This standing since yesterday (friday 27th of May 2011) in my theater!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is in Kinepolis Oostende Belgium

Thank you Nelson and Michael Bay if one of you did something to send this cardboard standee!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    This standing since yesterday (friday 27th of May 2011) in my theater!

This is in Kinepolis Oostende Belgium

Thank you Nelson and Michael Bay if one of you did something to send this cardboard standee!
    Dude! sweet, ill check my theatre soon!

Good post man! your lucky you live next to the theatre! ;P

PS: is that taken with an Iphone 4? (i dont have one i might buy one)

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

i want to go to my theatre to see if DOTM
    stuff is there...but too bad there's not a movie
    i want to see right now, so i dont have a reason to go to the theater. but
    maybe ill just go buy a snack and then leave. just
    so i can see the tf3 stuff and then leave. :lmao

person who works at the window: "what movie do you want to see?"
    Me: "nahhh im just here to get some popcorn."
    I Fight Giant Robots

DOTM is finally starting to have some publicity here... Just starting