Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: For International fans

Default Re: For International fans

Yep In Australia they already got posters here , shockwave, bumblebee, prime banners and a massive optimus prime stand.
    Pretty cool
    alot people were really exicted when walking through it, great to see alot people love transformers.
    Tfw = rich_prime

Exclamation Re: For International fans

No trailer and none of marketing material here!!

Mumbai- India.
    Theater : Fame cinemas.

Thanks Nelson.

At my College's dining hall, there is an area for film advertising, and at the moment theres a big Transformers DOTM poster there.
    Its the one with Optimus Prime, Carly and Sam on it.

None here! Only the trailer plays (the old moon one) on the displays in the center on a role with others. The new trailer played infront of Attack the Block but not Pirates 4 (which I was gutted about) No posters, no banners, no signs, the cinema is: Empire Cinemas, Bishop's Stortford. UK.

So I take this seriously. What do you guys have in your different countries for advertising. Compare them to other movies, less or more??

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    So I take this seriously. What do you guys have in your different countries for advertising. Compare them to other movies, less or more??

Michael
    I live in Sweden, Stockholm and I also work in the Advertising industry and to be honest most of the movie ads over here are either on TV or the subways.

The biggest promotional campaigns I have seen for a movie was X-Men Origins: Wolverine where they basically bought advertising on anything they could get their hands on. It was all over town. Fast & Furious 5 has been on the subways for a while now, nothing yet for Transformers DOTM, not even TV.

For Transformers I have seen none (as far I know) which is very dissapointing. Our company made the pitch for a massive Transformers campaign back in March but nothing happened with it. You can contact me for more information about that Mr. Bay.

I've not been to the cinema much lately... but i know i saw stuff for Thor a long while before the movie came out (more than the amount of time left before DOTM).

Hold on... (D'OH)... the last time i went to my local(ish) cinema (Empire, Basildon Essex UK) to see Thor a week or so after it came out, they had the Announcement trailer playing on the big screen in the lobby.... but no posters or Standee's

I'm going to see X-Men : First Class when it comes out here in a couple of week, i'll have a look and see if they have anything then.....
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by Richard prime View Post
    Yep In Australia they already got posters here , shockwave, bumblebee, prime banners and a massive optimus prime stand.
    Pretty cool
    alot people were really exicted when walking through it, great to see alot people love transformers.
    Where i live they dont. They have nothing. All i have seen is the Trailer from last year in IMAX while watchin Pirates 4

i lived in Jakarta Indonesia,the film distributor just have a problem with the goverment right now,TAXES PROBLEM,so, i dont really know if Transformers DOTM can play here,this is really SUUCCKKKKSSS!!!!!!!i'll wait for DVD's then..but still SUUUCCCCKKKKSS!!!!

I live just outside London, UK, and go into North/Central London a fair bit. I haven't yet seen a single bit of Print Advertising (on Billboards/Buses/Bus Stops/Poster Stands etc) for DOTM. Even in the Spot where I generally find the newest Ads I've haven't seen anything. Still loads of Pirates/Kung Fu Panda/X-men even Fast5 Stuff. Haven't been in the Cinema for a few weeks though.

Film Advert wise. I've seen the Nascar TV Spot during the Champions League Semi Final half time break. But nothing else.
    Nothing on the Radio either. But then again, not sure if i've ever heard radio stuff for TR...

Will be surprised If i don't see anything during the Champions League Final Half Time this weekend. (Gears of War 3 has the big Final Whistle Slot)

Michael
    Michael, Nelson ask me the same thing so I went today at 3 cinemas with 3D in my small town. Although they have nothing, only x-men and that upset me a lot. So I reach to the cinema back store where they keep stuff and found this.

The only thing I thought is that I want one for myself : ( :head what can I do?
    But the point is that there it is already there and I hope they unpackage tomorrow, with posters too wich I didn't saw. I'll report to you guys.
    ALL HAIL MICHAEL BAY

Michael
    In Japan, DOTM is less advertised than POTC4 and HP7 at this time (particularly the advertisement for POTC is huge. Tie-ins everywhere), probably due to the late release date (the end of JULY) Japan gets.

Michael
    we have had tv spot in the Uk that i have seen and there is a poster up in my local cinema

i do my own word off mouth advertising to just about everyone i know, alot of my friends who would not normally watch this kind of film are really looking forward to it after i made them watch the trailers.

posters and tv spots and trailers are good but if your not looking for them you won't notice it, somebody telling you about a certain film is what usually makes me interested.

compared to HP and Pirates there has not been enough advertising for me.

thanks for asking micheal. its good to see how passionate you are about the build up to the release

Default Re: Updated: For International fans

At the moment, less advertised than other blockbusters. I've seen HP7 and Pirates around the place OUTSIDE the cinemas (on buses, bus shelters and on the walls at train stations), but zip for TF3. The cinemas have a poster and standee in their foyers, and that's it. I haven't seen trailers (asking around friends, they can't recall having seen it either), public transport ads or newspaper advertising.

Perhaps it's still a bit early? Or maybe the hired advertising gurus are being lax thinking that everyone will just see TF3 anyway without requiring an advertising onslaught? I don't think that's a good risk to take!!
    Transformers Fanfic Author: Phoenix13 on www.fanfiction.net, Ozphoenix13 on deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by the_almighty_moo View Post
    I'd say my local cinema in Rhyl, North wales, but then again it is being renovated. last time i checked the Scala in Prestatyn, the next town over, they had nothing which was two weeks ago.
    I'm just down the road from you in Wrexham lol

I shall check this week and report back I didnt see one Last Wednesday in the cinema tbh....

Odeon Cinema / UK / North Wales / Wrexham / Eagles Meadow

Geelong, Australia; Thor got alot of tv spots before opening, fast food brands and some other major brands are now also using Thor to promote their products.
    Pirates4 and X-men first class are getting alot of tv spots aswell.
    Green Lantern has a trailer before almost every movie i've seen for the last 6 months.
    Captain America has nothing at all.
    All i've seen for DOTM is a standee at local cinema and toys on shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transformer View Post
    Where i live they dont. They have nothing. All i have seen is the Trailer from last year in IMAX while watchin Pirates 4
    What ????

But it here in queensland cinemas, Im pretty sure melbourne will get the same thats werid.
    Tfw = rich_prime

Actually, I've seen loads of X-Men TV Spots on UK TV all this month, Transformers? 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bossimus View Post
    Geelong, Australia; Thor got alot of tv spots before opening, fast food brands and some other major brands are now also using Thor to promote their products.
    Pirates4 and X-men first class are getting alot of tv spots aswell.
    Green Lantern has a trailer before almost every movie i've seen for the last 6 months.
    Captain America has nothing at all.
    All i've seen for DOTM is a standee at local cinema and toys on shelves.
    I have not seen one single green lantern poster yet or trailer at my cinema wtf?
    Tfw = rich_prime

Michael
    Hey micheal

any chance of some awsome cgi pictures coming out soon?
    Tfw = rich_prime

Quote Originally Posted by lewisking View Post
    Actually, I've seen loads of X-Men TV Spots on UK TV all this month, Transformers? 1.
    I know that ITV have been playing the TV-Spot during the Champions League Football, so i'm expecting a couple of showings this weekend (COME ON UNITED )
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I know that ITV have been playing the TV-Spot during the Champions League Football, so i'm expecting a couple of showings this weekend (COME ON UNITED )
    yeah that is when i seen the one and only tv spot during a Man U Champions league game...

off topic .... i think its Man U and Sir Alex's year

Banned

Here in Greece we have ONLY village cinemas and Odeon [No IMAX Of course with poor advertising or very limited at best ! They are so cheap that even with ROTF was almost only 1 TV advertisment with wrong title even in the posters .... poor country poor Transformers stuff poor everything that's the reason that i'm buying TFs from US China And Japan !!!!! Poor Hasbro Hellas ! ! I am pissed off !!!!!!

i live here in Arizona in US and all i saw was the trailer on t.v once. and that was it after that i havent seen anything not even stuff on cartoon network for the toy ads not one thing