Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geology: Dutch NOT Deutsch.

Default Re: Geology: Dutch NOT Deutsch.

[QUOTE=Flyingheart;175342]Hey all,

I wanna show you guys what the diffirence is between Dutch and Deutsch(German) is because i always come across people who have no clue what they are saying.

So i made these next images to show you what is German and what is Dutch from the Netherlands or Holland.

Most people make the mistake between Deutsch, wich sounds and looks like Dutch but are two different countries that lay next to eachother in Western-Europe.

Finally I'm not alone ! someone understands my pain and frustration, i'm south african but dad is dutch so i understand it really well. such a pain when people mix it up and then they argue with you because they know better i mean honestly !
    "have you ever screamed out in the dark, thinking no one else could hear ? ... I've lost my faith in love"

when is a man really in trouble??.. when his fiancee and girlfriend finds out about each other and are on their way to tell his wife

[QUOTE=Ana86;198169]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Hey all,

I wanna show you guys what the difference is between Dutch and Deutsch(German) is because i always come across people who have no clue what they are saying.

So i made these next images to show you what is German and what is Dutch from the Netherlands or Holland.

Most people make the mistake between Deutsch, which sounds and looks like Dutch but are two different countries that lay next to each other in Western-Europe.

Finally I'm not alone ! someone understands my pain and frustration, i'm south African but dad is dutch so i understand it really well. such a pain when people mix it up and then they argue with you because they know better i mean honestly !
    well it's not that much of a pain for me just pretty much frustration because the Netherlands is such a small country that "we think" we don't get recognized by the rest of the world (Aerosmith once said the Netherlands was to small for them so they wouldn't play here in concerts that comment got to me a bit as a kid i guess, and this while we were listening to the Armageddon Album day in day out also when driving through Florida and Miami! which was so awesome! XD but i still like Aerosmith just not all his songs though), for me personally Michael has soften the frustration for me with putting the hilarious character "Dutch" in DOTM BIG GRIN ON MY FACE right now XD
    I also think different since TF3 came out, with the song Linkin Park "Let it go" i thought to myself that i don't have to be so serious all the time and need to let go of the negative baggage i'm carrier till this day which is pretty hard to do, and also in other aspects of my life.. Transfomers 3 did a lot for me i guess.
    Thanks for this Michael!

But i also recently heard or read somewhere that Americans can not hear the difference between the German and Dutch accent (i really didn't know this until a few weeks ago) and i asked a few American friends online what they think Dutch sounds like and he said to me i sounded more like French lol but another American friend said German again lol...
    The thing is that Dutch and the people of Belgium use German or French words or words that sound French but with our own Dutch twist to them and they would still think it sounded more like French or German what i also know recently is that the Dutch national anthem wasn't really our song but from the French who wanted to mock us because we were on the German side or we were from German blood and the Netherlands apparently took over this song from the French and made it our national anthem song it is today to piss off the French back then and they say the French hated this back then apparently.. or something like this, it's probably from the time Napoleon marched through Europe back then i have to check that.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Just so people know, this...

Is NOT true... yes there's gonna be a pill for the elderly people to end their lives when they want to but they are not gonna get that pill in an easy way..
    And yes abortion is fully accepted here, the Dutch people are civilized and well educated enough to make such a decision for themselves so the people have the choice to remove something unwanted and especially after dramatic events they experienced..

I saw that episode of House MD with the Dutch slave boat..

The Netherlands didn't invent the slavery just so you guys know.. (i know who started but don't want to bring hatred upon this country here but it was in collaboration with the Africans themselves *shocker*) but they were one of the last countries to stop with slavery that's why it's in that episode (probably one of the last slave boats that took sale.)
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

It's Koninginnedag in the Netherlands!
    It's Queensday, the birthday of our queen a national holiday!

image-288316086.jpg

image-3315141368.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm noticing so many changes lately in the Netherlands.. i'm hoping the Netherlands stays like it is/was hoping the Dutch government is not screwing everything up with certain decisions.
    Prosperity and trading is fine as long as a country is not to deteriorate under it.
    There's also the saying "let people in their value."

As much as i love the USA in so many ways i don't want the Netherlands to become like the USA.. loving a different country doesn't mean it wants to be it's twin brother but just it's brother, taking the good with the bad is not in order here, Only the best is required.

Just throwing this out there..

I'm at the beach right now gonna go home in a while.
    Just sharing some pics on here if interested to see what the beach is like here.

Sunset in South-Holland:

image-3771656985.jpg

image-1837737745.jpg

image-1352485876.jpg

image-3074095247.jpg

image-932666302.jpg

image-2962820072.jpg

image-3429238203.jpg

Attachment 6064
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Amsterdam Canals exist 400 years now.
    I have no idea if there's gonna be a festival or something to celebrate this.

http://www.iamsterdam.com/~/media/PD...6_NL_Final.pdf

I was posting here anyways so..
    For people who still don't understand everything or who want to know more...

Holland vs. the Netherlands - by CGPGrey:
    http://youtu.be/eE_IUPInEuc

Might be handy if you ever tend to travel here..
    These guys make great videos check em out if you can.

Queen Beatrix might resign.. We'll hear it in 15min.

This is so exciting!

King Willem Alexander:

It's official Queen Beatrix is gonna resign!

Her abdication is on the 30th of april the month Pain and Gain will première here.

"Queens day" will stay and there will be "Kings day" added on the 27th of april 2014!

Gonna miss Queen Beatrix, she was a fantastic queen and wonderful to the people.
    I'll never forget her awesome days.

I'll be posting some random stuff here about all kinds of stuff related to the Netherlands just for fun haha. :P

The "Frikandel:"

Since 1954 made by a guy who had to change his meatball product to a sausage shape for some reason and named it Frikandel.
    In English you pronounce "frikandel" as Fry-candle. It's a fast and easy fastfood snack and sometimes looks total crap and for a foreigner might even look gross but is one of the most popular fastfood snacks in the Netherlands.

And you got the "Frikandel Speciaal:" (fry-candle special)
    It contains the ingredients:
    - mayonaise
    - curry-ketchup
    - chopped onion

The XXL frikandel:

You also got the french fries version of it named "patatje speciaal:"

And the more extreme version of that is named "patatje oorlog:"

In English "Fries War" and contains ingredients:
    - french fries
    - mayonaise
    - curry-ketchup
    - peanut sauce.

IMO the frikandel contains to much salt and i try to put as little sauce on it as possible and lot's of onion when i do eat this.
    For Dutch peeps who like to it this it could be addictive to eat so 2x is enough.

Our new King William ..the IV?

If only there was a English version of this.. you would have laughed with this.

King Willy:

I know i'm not doing any honor to their names but it shouldn't be all to serious right? haha

Hey guys!

It's a special day in the Netherlands the there's gonna be a new king.
    It's also the last Queens-day in the Netherlands today.

Live streaming:

Queen is giving away her thrown right now! If you wanna see this.

Typical festive snacks/food:

TOMPOUCE:

Was wonderful to see, Maxima looked wonderful. A few screenshots..

The monarchy, old.. but the perfect balance between everything.

image-2225451792.jpg

image-287065904.jpg

A very sweet old lady, i'm gonna miss her she's like everyone's extra favorite auntie or grandmamma

image-1834206445.jpg

image-2441064399.jpg

image-2726286611.jpg

image-2455352917.jpg

image-1562183103.jpg

image-4277990139.jpg

image-2566685276.jpg

image-4016224986.jpg

Only Michael Bay is missing in this photo ;D very cool moment!

image-1709354913.jpg

image-4073580697.jpg

image-1206398167.jpg

Long live Beatrix! Love live the king!

POFFERTJES: (mini pancakes)

(covered with sugarpowder)

This is how i know the Poffertjeskraam (mini pancakes stand)

Poffertjes:

BOERENKOOL MET WORST: (farmers kale with sausage)

The best sausage is from the HEMA store apperently.

Wie is hier allemaal Nederlands of Belgisch?

Misschien kunnen we ooit eens afspreken ofzo?

The Netherlands is celebrating 200 years of Dutch kingdom for the next 2 years.

http://www.holland.com/global/touris...-a-kingdom.htm

I ate this again a while back in the winter (best time to eat it) and it was to die for.. XD :P (moms cooking )

They say HEMA sausage is the best but i always eat it with a UNOX sausage which you can choose from high-fat or low-fat sausage and still tastes excellent! ;P

image-1869979468.jpg

Boerenstamppot met rookworst: (ENG: farmers stomppot with smoked sausage)

image-254073121.jpg

Optional: pieces (cubes) of bacon with it and/or gravy if you like extra fatty.