Thread: Spoiler box idea

Default Spoiler box idea

I know on here the general rule is to not post spoilers without a suitable warning...

But i was wondering how easy it would be to add in a bit of code to enable the use of a 'spoiler box'? (For the few that don't know what i mean) it's simply a button you click to wrap code around text/image/whatever that hides the selected stuff in a box that can be opened and viewed only by clicking on the open/close tag the box comes with...

Bad explanation i know, but would something like that work on here?
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Default Re: Spoiler box idea

I've mentioned it before too. Would be nice.

My vote is for the self control box. It's obvious that those that can't properly address spoilers (even now) will continue to do so regardless of another added feature. And you guys just saw the result of that.

For me atm, just having a large SPOILER sign isn't enough as you get your eyes drawn to the large text and you see the spoiler.... having the spoiler box function would me that you'd still get drawn to it, but the spoiler would be shrouded...
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

i feel sorry for those of you that got that big spoiler on the other sites!

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    For me atm, just having a large SPOILER sign isn't enough as you get your eyes drawn to the large text and you see the spoiler.... having the spoiler box function would me that you'd still get drawn to it, but the spoiler would be shrouded...
    No, I understand that. It's almost reverse psychology. ("Hey, DON"T click on this." "Hey, DON'T look/read here for prequel comic book/movie plot details.") And I'm not pro-spoiler, or truly opposed to a box that would allow people to discuss details after a movie. I'm just saying it's really that simple to not click on things.

But the self control thing I was actually referring to was directed towards those with the tendency to try to be the fleeting internet hero (trying to constantly post spoiler related things) or the more massive dunderhead posts like the ones that just got clipped. Even after repeated warnings, stickies, etc., instructions on HOW to not be a douche, you really think the next Madison person is going to bother to conceal a post?

i guess not.....
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Definitely, only the SPOILER sign is hard to keep me away from looking at the spoiler. I also recommended such a box but I guess we'll have to do without.

Yes this would be nice as I have accidentally read/skimmed through a few "spoilers" even with the signs on them in a post. I hate it when people post spoilers in a thread that isn't meant for spoilers.....if you know what I mean.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

eh its the last tf movie so too late now i guess :dh

And doing this SPOILER stupid sh!t SPOILER in your post is beyond stupid.