Thread: Forum Registration

Exclamation Forum Registration

Due to the amount of spambots trying to register on this site when traffic goes up on this site, new registrations have been turned off. In other words, we're not accepting new members to this forum at this time.

When a new member signs up, we––the admins–– go through a approval process to make sure it's not some spammer or spambot. As of lately, it's becoming to time consuming.

So to let true fans post here, we will open up registration to new member once a week: on Tuesdays. This will be effective on just high traffic months.

Default Re: Forum Registration

Not to sound rude or anything...but the problem will just continue as soon as you open for registration again I think. Wouldn't it be an idea to have a few more admins? And I am not talking about myself, I am admin on another site, have more than enough to do there.
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by DK Prime View Post
    Not to sound rude or anything...but the problem will just continue as soon as you open for registration again I think. Wouldn't it be an idea to have a few more admins? And I am not talking about myself, I am admin on another site, have more than enough to do there.
    True, but I won't have to spend every single day on it.

Fair enough.
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Banned

my friend wants to sign up, so he has to wait for next tuesday? or is it closed completely.

Seems like when registration opens each Tuesday the spambots try to swarm in. Some of those names you see in the Current Activity box don't look like they belong to real human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Seems like when registration opens each Tuesday the spambots try to swarm in. Some of those names you see in the Current Activity box don't look like they belong to real human beings.
    We're aware of it. Alright with that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    We're aware of it. Alright with that so far.
    Good to know.

Roger that.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

So the site states that Nathaniel Johnson is our newest member. The problem is that he registered in April, nine months ago. While no Bay movies were being released in 2012 and therefore slow traffic is expected, it's hard to believe that nobody has signed up since then.

So yeah, assuming that nobody has the time to join an internet forum on a Tuesday, this spambot bottleneck seems to be preventing new members from registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    So the site states that Nathaniel Johnson is our newest member. The problem is that he registered in April, nine months ago. While no Bay movies were being released in 2012 and therefore slow traffic is expected, it's hard to believe that nobody has signed up since then.

So yeah, assuming that nobody has the time to join an internet forum on a Tuesday, this spambot bottleneck seems to be preventing new members from registering.
    Registration has been open 24/7 since the end of the last year. Now we're running the new spam prevention system.

Regardless of the number of posts or members, the forum always has heavy traffic (probably a lot of people read only) that it's slow or inaccessible sometimes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Regardless of the number of posts or members, the forum always has heavy traffic (probably a lot of people read only) that it's slow or inaccessible sometimes. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Definitely the site is pretty slow lately. Many times I can't even get access to michaelbay.com. Still shootfortheedit.com works on these occasions.

Honestly this is a good move.....
    It will only get worse once Pain and Gain gets closer to the release date and TF 4 forget it.

Nelson; I will miss your epic battles against the spam bots and haters but understand you have better things to do!
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"