[spoiler]hence why I've been mostly holding residence in the filmmaking section for a while now[spoiler]Originally Posted by TIMtationX
On a teaser/trailer related note: They just ran the NASCAR promo prior to the main event during UFC 129. DOTM is one of the sponsors for the evening.
I'm gonna sound like a broken record in this thread, but I really can't get over just how awesome the music is in this trailer. I converted the youtube video from the other thread to an audio file and I've just been listening to it over and over. I think it's the best trailer music since the trailer for Star Trek (2009) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0xaCB2nLS0 (The music from that BTW, is Two Steps From Hell- "Freedom Fighters" available on the album Invincible)
A couple other things I've noticed and liked about the trailer (no spoilers):
1. The NEST symbol on the NASA big ass door (00:28). I don't know if that was done practically or in post, but it shows the constant attention to detail of Bay's movies, and his second-to-none access to cool shit.
2. The moon shot starting 00:56 is just bad ass. It's just so crisp and I love how the camera is moving so smoothly; almost reminds me of a shot from one of those expansive IMAX/OMNIMAX documentaries.
3. At the end of that shot, the alien craft maneuvering very much like a helicopter can, pulling up and back.
4. At 1:21, the facial expression of Lennox I think is hilarious, because it's very calm, cool, and collected, but at the same time conveys the idea "We're fucked".
5. 1:34 the wing suit. Holy shit, that's going to be awesome, and awesomer than awesome in 3-D. Just that shot in 2D is bad ass and while I've seen lots of shots of people diving out of planes, there's something about the way that looks that's just different. I think maybe it's because of the Osprey; it's essentially a helicopter in that scene but when you see people dropping from helicopters usually the helicopter is completely steady. But in this case the Osprey is spinning and perhaps climbing and I think the combination of the movements is what gives it such a different look.
6. As detail by Nelson's earlier post, Bumblebee climbing the wall is just an amazing technical shot; these are the reasons why I love Michael Bay films; in the hands of a lesser director, not only would shots like these not be attempted, they wouldn't be concieved.
7. I love the shot at 1:59, specifically how right at the very end the building begins to occlude the scene; again, a less creative director would have that camera locked down on the top of a building.
8. Finally, Sam sliding. It's awesome how the camera is sliding along with him and is especially cool how out of control and helpless he is; I'm willing to bet that was a very dangerous stunt.
Yeah, I'm a little bit excited for this.
"can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
I AM ANGRYVERY ANGRY
I went to see fast five and there was no TF trailer-------the Rio women at the race track calmed me down tho
~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~
Saw Fast Five today! Such and intense and awesome movie! I was also really looking forward to the trailer since I went to see it in IMAX. Just when I thought that all the trailers were over and that DOTM wasn't one of them, it started!
I have to say, the trailer was so FUCKING EPIC in IMAX!!!! The sound and everything!
"My story is of many thousands, and the world will not suffer if it ends too soon."
[Spoiler]Yep... It's the "New" NEST Symbol. "If I Tell You, I Have To Kill You". This was given to me TFW2005 Member Autobot_47.
Im doin my best not to answer every question about this movie, but this trailer has me so hooked. I was thinking about it...
You may lose your faith in us...
But never in yourselves...
From Here... The Fight will be your own.
The context of the trailer gives a negative feeling of those words. With the invasion and destruction un-paramount. However. In another context--- The invasion is over. The decepticons have been dealt with.
You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves, from here, the fight will be your own.
Sounds more of.
"We will depart you. Your problems are now your own. Keep strong, you will prevail."
It sounds more of what Optimus is meaning. Optimus's "character" doesnt take spite on the fact humans will betray his interest. So abandonment of the situation doesn't seem like something that would happen.
Just my 2 cents of deliberation on the trailer
What is not shown in the trailer, Megatron, Sentinel Prime, Starscream, parents of Sam, Malkovich, Ken Jeong, and more, I think to wait for another trailer where exactly all this and show well, or TV spots, wait ...
Theres going to be a Optimus vs Shockwave scene i hope!!
Did anyone else notice that the space bridge forms in both Chicago and Washington DC?
First at 00:53 in Chicago and then at 01:08 in Washington DC in the trailer.
Sam and Co. seems to be in DC at first and then head to Chicago for the final battle.
And knowing that Michael Bay is a big hockey fan and that the events in the movie take place during the summer in 2010, there can only be ONE reason why the Decepticons go to Chicago. They are after the Stanley Cup, cause the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup Championship last season!
When looked again,it looks like the Einstein bot is wearing a sash with a big long sword on his back...
Wheeljack the samurai?
What do you think?
"Can you point to the object that represents the resilient parasite of an idea caught in the temple nature of the subconcious human mind?"
Trust me, I learned from ROTF that it sucks walking into a movie theater with those thoughts in your head.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they're genuine." - Abraham Lincoln