Thread: The Great Mouse Detective

Hybrid View

Default The Great Mouse Detective

Who remembers this excellent underrated 1986 animated classic from disney? i do and has been a favorite of mine since i was 5 when i saw it 3 times during it's original release and had merchandise like a stuffed Basil, storybook, readalong book with cassette and the soundtrack on a record, i was sad the next year when it never came out on video for i wanted it but i waited so long as it was re-issued back in theaters when i was 10 and even got it on video for christmas that year after so long of waiting.

Vincent Price is fantastic as Ratigan the main villain who steals the show and there's also the voice of Alan Young from Mr. Ed and Scrooge Mcduck on Ducktales, the animation is quite brilliant and there was the first use of CGI in a disney animated movie with the clock tower climax and that mouse stripper Miss Kitty Mouse is quite cute for a mouse girl that is.

It's a fantastic movie. I may have to watch it soon; it's probably been 10 years at least since I've seen it.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Default Re: The Great Mouse Detective

Did you see this in theaters and had the same stuff like i did as a kid?

Who else thought that stripper mouse was cute, for a mouse?

Default Re: The Great Mouse Detective

Animation Addicts Podcast #77: The Great Mouse Detective – Sit, Toby

The Rotoscopers discuss the first film in their ‘Mice & Rats’ podcast series, Disney’s 1986 The Great Mouse Detective.