Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Is the TF3 post production on schedule?

Default Updated: Is the TF3 post production on schedule?

Well I know that very few people can answer this question, but you never know when Michael will come around here and share something with us.

Many people that watched the 20 min. screenings mentioned that the CG looks awesome, way better than the previous two movies.
    Seeing the two TV spots really makes you think that this part will be even more demanding in terms of CG than ROTF (lets not forget that in ROTF there were 46 robots and Devastator which were a huge challenge). Also 70% of the movie is shot in 3D which also makes things more complicate. The time that they have for post production is 7 months and I really hope that everything is moving on schedule. This is very important for the crew spirit and especially Michael. Hope there won't be any compromises.
    I hope that the fact that we still don't have a trailer and a poster is based on the new marketing campaign and not because of some post production delays. If the marketing campaign is new then I really hope they won't release so many TV spots as with ROTF. They showed us too much from the movie.
    Also there are rumors that in May there will be many new info released about the movie. So as we love to say here May will be big.

Thumbs up Re: Is the TF3 post production on schedule?

i have always trust michael's vision and direction. but, dunno why im little worried abt the 3d stuff!.... hope it doesnt spoil the entire experience of watching this movie in 3d ,the way "clash of the titans" did!! so crossing my fingers on 3d part!.....im sure they wont disappoint us

now waiting for new long-teaser!!...i hope its coming-out this month!!!

Default Re: Is the TF3 post production on schedule?

By the way please don't discuss the trailer here. I don't want this thread closed.

Thanks.

Actually Michael already debunked some rumored post-production 3D problems. Remember this:

"According to IESB, sources working on the post-conversion process for Transformers: Dark of the Moonsay that it isn’t going nearly as well as they would hope. First, the good: apparently the special effects look fantastic, as they always have, and the story for this is said to be far superior to the plot of the first two, which isn’t saying anything considering they’ve felt like they were written on a restaurant napkin while drunk. Still, if it’s good it’s good, and I certainly hope this is true.
    And now for the bad, which seems to be outweighing the good this time. We’ve previously heard that around 40 minutes of the movie were shot with actual 3D cameras, while the rest was filmed in 2D. A quote from an insider claims that “The 3-D looks like shit and we don’t know if we will be able to use all of it the way it is”. That means the footage shot will be handed over to more experienced 3D technicians, meaning that it will go through some of the same processes films converted to 3D have gone through. Essentially, this means that it may have been pointless to shoot any of it in 3D."

And Michael's answer:

"Wow, I read these morons on the internet who think they are in the know. “We have have problems with our 3D????” Really? Come into my edit room and I will show you beautiful 3D. There has never been a live action show that has pushed the boundaries of 3D like Transformers 3. We shot the entire movie with 3D cameras. I actually loved shooting in 3D. I will give full details of my process and why I liked 3D in the next week right before the Transformers announcement piece comes out on Tron and Narnia.
    And don’t watch this movie in 2D, we made it for 3D."

So one thing is sure the CG and 3D will look great. The question is will they have the time to make everything the way Michael likes.

Hey thanks for this sharing dude!!..... now im feeling really good and on safer side after reading ur post!.... and sorry for mentioning abt teaser ...my bad...got really carried away!!

The post process is going very well - way better then ROTF. We have massive shots but we got going 6 months earlier on this film then the last. We jump very hard and fast on post in this film.

It really is looking special. The 3D will the best 3D of any movie this year.

Michael

Our trailer comes out next week on Fast and a bunch of other stuff. 3D trailer comes out on the next 3D movie out which is Pirates.

Thanks for this new update sir!!!....we really believe in you!!!......and thanks again for rocking our TF-world!......

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    The post process is going very well - way better then ROTF. We have massive shots but we got going 6 months earlier on this film then the last. We jump very hard and fast on post in this film.

Michael

Our trailer comes out next week on Fast and a bunch of other stuff. 3D trailer comes out on the next 3D movie out which is Pirates.
    Sweet! You made my day Michael!

Michael

Thanks for the update...

and for the trailer date confirmations
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Default Re: Updated: Is the TF3 post production on schedule?

FINALLY someone we can trust...I will look forward to seeing it.
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Michael

Thanks for keeping us updated. Really looking forward to the trailer great to hear post is going well.

Cool Re: Is the TF3 post production on schedule?

Michael

Thanks for the update... I applaud you Mr. Bay for putting in the extra 6 months ..I can not wait for the trailer....
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Banned

very cool to hear but wait, is Fast Five out on the 29th? bay said the trailer would be next week with Fast? Is there a pre-showing of fast Five next week some time we are not aware of?

Another reason y Michael Bay is awesome he stay close to his fans can't wait for the trailer..two thumbs up to whoever started this THREAD ...

the post process is going very well - way better then rotf. We have massive shots but we got going 6 months earlier on this film then the last. We jump very hard and fast on post in this film.

It really is looking special. The 3d will the best 3d of any movie this year.

Michael

our trailer comes out next week on fast and a bunch of other stuff. 3d trailer comes out on the next 3d movie out which is pirates.

YeES

Wow, that makes me so happy. Great news. Sentinel Prime looks amazing to, love the way he looks. Bay = my hero. What a life, to work on the coolest movies of all time, before and after the Transformers films.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague1980
    very cool to hear but wait, is Fast Five out on the 29th? bay said the trailer would be next week with Fast? Is there a pre-showing of fast Five next week some time we are not aware of?
    It opens next week in the UK and Australia.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    It opens next week in the UK and Australia.
    cool!! Thanks for the update:borat

looked it up and thats on the 21st So we should have at least on the net, the trailer on or around the 21st. And i just realized that Fast Five is 2hr and 10min long. Thats a long movie for a fast and the furious movie lol

"Can you point to the object that represents the resilient parasite of an idea caught in the temple nature of the subconcious human mind?"

Michael

Yes, YYYEEEEEEEESSS finally. Can't wait now.

Michael

Michael You are a perfectionist. Thank god everything is going as you plan! Because this will be the best ever

Michael

Totally awesome!!!!!

Michael

Michael... please just release the damn trailer already.

:lmao

Man it's just cool to see Mr.Bay answer questions on this forum by himself!! :borat
    And the 3D trailer comes out with Pirates 4 just as i predicted.
    Yeah, I know I'm the man, but please enough with the claps on my back already.

Post Re: Is the TF3 post production on schedule?

Michael

Hello Mr.Bay thanks for the update, can u b clean on the trailer date, cause Fast comes out on the 29th, not the 22nd, before everybody goes crazy :borat, thanks again for taking time from your busy schedule.
    Jayala Ayala
    All haters come join us