Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Boys II Blu Ray coming

Default Re: Bad Boys II Blu Ray coming

Future is digital, that cannot be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    If people get educated then they know the flaws and dangers of this and they wont use it, if theres no demand for it it wont get off the ground simple as that.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

It's the future for people that don't mind quality. I would never replace a movie on a 50 GB Blu-ray disc with a 2 GB digital copy for download.

You'll probably have a 50GB HD copy to download, so no difference in quality.

It's already happening with PC Games (like 50% are sold digital), it will happen to consoles in next generation, and with all kind of audiovisual products in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    If people get educated then they know the flaws and dangers of this and they wont use it, if theres no demand for it it wont get off the ground simple as that.
    The point is that there is demand for this. Every digital service is a success (Steam being the biggest).

And it's the logical future. No physical copies mean no space used in our everyday smaller houses. Means those products are available for you worldwide, no matter where you go, if there's an Internet connection then you don't have to carry them. Means (or should mean) cheaper prices, due to costs reduction. Means less resources used in manufacture, less fuel used in distribution, etc... Means more visibility for small/indie companies (already happening with games). Means more profit per unit for companies (due to direct distribution and costs reduction).

Everybody wins. It's just good business.

Security issues are not bigger than the ones you have with any Internet service. People worldwide is not afraid about using any of them and I don't think they will be in the future. IMO the only letdown is the inclusion of invasive DRMs in this products (but that's already happening with physical ones). And it would require better Internet connections, but that's being fixed every year. In my nearest town you have 10MBs Internet + Cable TV for 80$ a month. That means 36GB downloaded in one hour.

At the end everything is just about nostalgia and feelings. A plastic case with a physical plastic disc doesn't have any real advantages.

The point is that there is demand for this. Every digital service is a success (Steam being the biggest).

And it's the logical future. No physical copies mean no space used in our everyday smaller houses. Means those products are available for you worldwide, no matter where you go, if there's an Internet connection then you don't have to carry them. Means (or should mean) cheaper prices, due to costs reduction. Means less resources used in manufacture, less fuel used in distribution, etc... Means more visibility for small/indie companies (already happening with games). Means more profit per unit for companies (due to direct distribution and costs reduction).

Everybody wins. It's just good business.

Security issues are not bigger than the ones you have with any Internet service. People worldwide is not afraid about using any of them and I don't think they will be in the future. IMO the only letdown is the inclusion of invasive DRMs in this products (but that's already happening with physical ones). And it would require better Internet connections, but that's being fixed every year. In my nearest town you have 10MBs Internet + Cable TV for 80$ a month. That means 36GB downloaded in one hour.

At the end everything is just about nostalgia and feelings. A plastic case with a physical plastic disc doesn't have any real advantages.
    but you get the same thing from physical media. as for going digital on movies, nothing matched Blu-rays media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Nowadays quality in digital movies is not the same, totally agree, but it will be. It's just a matter of time.

I just want Bad Boys 2 blu-ray to be released with a newly recorded director's commentary

thats it
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Nowadays quality in digital movies is not the same, totally agree, but it will be. It's just a matter of time.
    It won't be anytime soon.