Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boys II Blu Ray coming

Default Bad Boys II Blu Ray coming

Blu-ray.com via French Sony Branch is saying that Bad Boys II is coming to Blu-ray sometimes in September of this year...

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6135

About time...

Thumbs up Re: Bad Boys II Blu Ray coming

Quote Originally Posted by Doomofman View Post

About time...
    You said it.

Default Re: Bad Boys II Blu Ray coming

about time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Sounds great, i can't wait to sell my DVD at one of my local hastings movie stores.

Thats great news and yes! it's about time! XD
    Cant wait, havent seen BBII yet
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I do believe that with this, Blu-Ray has finally gotten the complete collection of Bay-hem! :borat

I'm super excited for this, since in researching, I discovered that The Island and Bad Boys II are the only ones of Mr. Bay's films not currently on Blu-Ray. I'm done buying DVD's forever (unless they come in a combo pack), so this is supremely awesome!
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

Quote Originally Posted by Lbrosfilm View Post
    I do believe that with this, Blu-Ray has finally gotten the complete collection of Bay-hem! :borat

I'm super excited for this, since in researching, I discovered that The Island and Bad Boys II are the only ones of Mr. Bay's films not currently on Blu-Ray. I'm done buying DVD's forever (unless they come in a combo pack), so this is supremely awesome!
    Yup this'll complete the Bayhem on blu-ray until DOTM hits... I have the rest already, in fact The Rock was the first blu-ray I ever bought... Strangely I think Bad Boys II will be the Bay film that most belongs in high def

I still need The Rock and Bad Boys II and they havent come out here yet
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

Will need US release of The Island then im complete
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Bad Boys II tonight on RTL5! (Dutch television)

It's on at 22.15!!!

Thats NOW!

I saw Bad Boys II last night for the first time and i had a great time watching it was really amusing fun movie and cool action as well excellent movie

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    I saw Bad Boys II last night for the first time and i had a great time watching it was really amusing fun movie and cool action as well excellent movie
    Definitely my favorite Michael Bay movie. The action scenes are very unique, plus I like how this movie was more violent than his others.

I wouldnt call it violence cause it wasnt all serious like real violence is, you had the fun parts in between with D.I.'s Mike L. and Marcus B. during the shootings so it was a real fun comedy/action/little drama/little romance movie for me IMO.

I dont think Michael is promoting violence also, he's creating something people want to see and if they ask it then they get it.
    And if that involves a serious sci-fi movie with a serious mood in it with serious threats then your not gonna get the clown act in but the serious big guns instead obviously.

Ohh mann im so tired.. gonna go to bed i think...

How about new transfer of the first one? It's hardly what I would call HD...
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter24 View Post
    Definitely my favorite Michael Bay movie. The action scenes are very unique, plus I like how this movie was more violent than his others.
    My least favorite...

Edit...no scratch that, forgot about TF2...

Don't get me wrong, I love Bay's work and I love certain things about all his films. I just seem to have a much different point of view on what his best and my favorite works are. His best films hands down are still Pearl Harbor and Armageddon.
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post
    His best films hands down are still Pearl Harbor and Armageddon.

I completely agree.

And I would also add "The Island". It's incredibly well-crafted movie - acting, story, action sequences, cinematography, music, comedic moments, dramatic scenes, you name it, it's all executed in a brilliant way. At least in my view...
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

What are you people going to do when they change the formats again?

I've seen the technology being perfected now, but the next thing to come, I give it 5 years, is going to be a 2 inch disc enclosed in a clear plastic covering. The point of this, is that you never have to worry about a scratched disc again. You slip the plastic into the new player, and the player will take the disc and play it for you. Kind of like how you would stick an A Track tape into a player. I've gotten a chance to work with soft ware discs like this, and I love it. They plan to do the same with music CD's too.

Other alternatives, which are starting to become available now, is you buy the movie or music online, and keep it on an online file, ready anytime you wish to view it. You can access it from any device with a brain, a cell phone, PC, Laptop, PS, but you never have to worry about cluttering your shelves up with DVD's or CD's again.

Back to topic. BB 2 on bluray. Cool, but I think I might skip this one. Maybe I'll get The Island instead.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse View Post

Nothing.

I'm officially done with these "new technologies" ( many reasons for that ). I'll stick to DVD and Blu-ray for as long as I can. Hell, I still use my VCR...and yes, it's still working, and I still watch them old tapes.

I don't know, I guess overall I'm old school...and obviously I'll stay that way. Which, in this fake-ass world, is a good thing. At least in my opinion.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Won't happen for another 10 years. Next jump will be 4k. The tech just isn't there to make it affordable. Remember, we need not only the media, but the players and displays. Still a ways off.

Closest thing going is RED RAY, from RED. That plays 4K .R3D files off standard DVDs. Supposed to be available soon, but there's not much to hook it up to. You need like dual HD-SDI capable monitors and such.
    ...Then do it.

Why did they wait so long?
    One Night of Fire, One Shot at Glory

BayProject - Tribute to Michael Bay

To long but awesome. I'll buy it day one

I wonder if the colors will be better than the DVD version. I always thought the colors were way over-saturated and the whites were blown out on DVD, but when I saw it in theaters, I didn't feel like anything was wrong. I will admit that some shots were poorly lit (the sun was settings) so parts of the image *were* blown out by the forced lighting and blacks were crushed (i.e. the scene when Gabrielle Union hops up on Will Smith and kisses him), but I can't imagine the whole movie was really that poorly filmed.

I seem to remember seeing Bad Boys II on TV (HDTV) and thinking, "yeah the colors ARE better." But maybe that's me wishing that was so, and getting it confused with a dream I had. I'm still gonna buy it, though. And if the colors are better, then I'm going to be so ecstatic. That movie was ridiculous!!

Any news about this?
    One Night of Fire, One Shot at Glory

BayProject - Tribute to Michael Bay

Those Blu-ray's are already scratch protected, or at least less fragile to scratches.
    I dont have one Blu-ray with one scratch on it, so they really dont have to crfeate something nw just to avoid scratched...

I've seen the technology being perfected now, but the next thing to come, I give it 5 years, is going to be a 2 inch disc enclosed in a clear plastic covering. The point of this, is that you never have to worry about a scratched disc again. You slip the plastic into the new player, and the player will take the disc and play it for you. Kind of like how you would stick an A Track tape into a player. I've gotten a chance to work with soft ware discs like this, and I love it. They plan to do the same with music CD's too.

Other alternatives, which are starting to become available now, is you buy the movie or music online, and keep it on an online file, ready anytime you wish to view it. You can access it from any device with a brain, a cell phone, PC, Laptop, PS, but you never have to worry about cluttering your shelves up with DVD's or CD's again.
    I REAAALLLYYY don't like this at all.. i actually f*cking hate this idea... i'm against this for 110% because of this:
    1. You'll have to create ANOTHER account, we have to create accounts for every fukin website so far and i'm getting fukin irritated by this already! and yes i do use the Auto-Fill-In button in my Windows explorer but its not perfect.
    2. You will have NO MORE PRIVACY what so ever and everything is run by this online company, who also has all our shit on their hard drives and when they need to do maintenance you will have no fukin access to the files.
    3. You will have to pay to get to your files which is totally utter BS!
    4. Just thinking that hackers are touching MY FILES or the people in charge there looking and touching my files and images with their sausage fingers gives me the chillz..urrghh!
    5. ALL FILES of EVERYBODY are stored at one location, if hackers want to they can destroy all the files this company will never be safe enough from hackers!
    6. Files can leak like a pic knick basket, every bodies files can be leaked out in a mysterious way and/or be sold or can be collected without your knowledge.
    7. If i buy something i wanna have it in my hand and not being restricted to downloading something only 5 times when i payed full fukin price for this..
    8. Not to mention that this will probably transform into a corrupt monopoly game..
    9. The only good things to get online are rental things..
    10. ETC. ... SSssoooooo many more other good reasons to NOT wanting this in the future for everything..