Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's Next?

Default Re: Is Flashpoint Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Didn't he say indifference to superhero movies in former days? Ehh

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    Didn't he say indifference to superhero movies in former days? Ehh

He certainly said it, I remember as well. But, in all fairness, he said it like 10 years ago and as we saw with the 3D format, the man can change his mind. At first, Bay was very skeptical of 3D, but (thanks to a few chats with James Cameron) he became one of the biggest supporters of that format.

So if this information is more than just an internet rumor, maybe he saw something in that superhero project that he liked. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of comicbook/superhero movies, but hey, if that's what Bay wants to do, let him do it.

P.S. Marvel's Kevin Feige said a few years back that they would love it if Bay directs one of their comicbook movies. I guess the competition won thе "battle for Bay" : )
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    He certainly said it, I remember as well. But, in all fairness, he said it like 10 years ago and as we saw with the 3D format, the man can change his mind. At first, Bay was very skeptical of 3D, but (thanks to a few chats with James Cameron) he became one of the biggest supporters of that format.

So if this information is more than just an internet rumor, maybe he saw something in that superhero project that he liked. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of comicbook/superhero movies, but hey, if that's what Bay wants to do, let him do it.

P.S. Marvel's Kevin Feige said a few years back that they would love it if Bay directs one of their comicbook movies. I guess the competition won thе "battle for Bay" : )

Actually he said it at the set of TF5 a year ago. Though I wanna see more original movies from him, yeah he can change his mind.

Default Re: What's Next?

THR OCTOBER 23, 2017:
    Michael Bay's 'Dora the Explorer' (Exclusive)
    Quote Originally Posted by Borys Kit
    Paramount is saying "Vámos!" to a big-screen version of Dora the Explorer, the popular Nickelodeon children’s series.

Nick Stoller, the writer-director behind films including The Muppetsand Neighbors, has been brought on board to work on the script for the project, which will be produced by Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller. It hails from Paramount's new Paramount Players division.

The move kick-starts a project that had been inactive for some time. In 2015, Paramount had been developing a movie with Tom Wheeler (Puss in Boots) writing and Mary Parent producing.

Details are being kept under wraps, but the live-action take is said to center on Dora, not as a 7-year-old like on the TV series but now a teenager who moves to the city live with her cousin Diego.

No release date has been set, but the studio is gung ho on Doraand is eying a 2019 bow.

Dora the Explorer was a series that proved to be a massive hit for Nickelodeon, running from 2000-2014 with 172 episodes aired. It centered on an young American Latina who, along with her monkey, Boots, faced riddles and characters like a thieving fox named Swiper as she went on quests.

The show translated worldwide, produced merchandising ranging from Legos to video games and even saw stage shows.

Platinum Dunes has a first-look deal with Paramount which has spawned the hit Transformers and Ninja Turtle movies.

While Stoller has written more adult-skewing film fare, such as Get Him to the Greek and Neighbors, he has shown a strong affinity for all-ages subject matter with reboots of the Muppet movies and animated films Storksand Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie. He currently has Night School, a comedy that he wrote, filming with Kevin Hart starring.

Stoller is repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    THR OCTOBER 23, 2017:
    Michael Bay's 'Dora the Explorer' (Exclusive)
    Well, so long as Megan Fox isn't playing Dora I'm sure fans of the show will enjoy it.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I think it's time for that elephant poaching film, looks like it's gonna be relevant.

Donald Trump's administration is to allow the remains of endangered elephants legally hunted in two African countries to be imported to the US, reversing a ban introduced by Barack Obama.

The US government has scrapped regulations which forbid elephant trophies being brought into the country from Zimbabwe and Zambia, arguing hunting could help conservation efforts.

The Obama administration banned imports of trophies from Zimbabwe in 2014 after finding the nation's management of legal hunting did not "enhance the survival of the African elephant the wild".

The species is listed as "threatened" under the US Endangered Species Act and importing African elephant ivory to America is banned unless certain conditions are met.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8058051.html

Speaking of what's next.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4nLOY71Jng

Looks great!
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Feels like the dialogue ain't missing and the silence is part of the film as a character of it's own.

Silence has never been so Tangible!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Speaking of what's next.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4nLOY71Jng

Looks great!

Looks like plans are underway...

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/12/06/m...anchise-354895

Breaking the silence after many months, director Michael Bay opened up on the future of the Transformers Live Action Movie Franchise.
    Commenting via his official Instagram account, the director stated the following:
    “Well 4.5 billion dollars later, 100s of millions of people saw the Transformers movies – I’d say it had great run. Any Studio would take this franchise series success. That said. Now it’s time to take this franchise in a totally new direction.”
    We currently do not know whether Mr. Bay will return to the director’s chair or will prefer the backseat as a producer, but his statement implies that he is involved in some way. Michael Bay’s Transformers Live Action Movie Series (a.k.a. Bayverse) helped the Franchise to get in touch with the modern audience and make the characters household names once again. We look forward to see what the series has to offer in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post

Hmm, maybe it's just a "Bumblebee" tease....

Maybe that movie will be a start of a smaller-scale, more contained "Transformers" franchise. Though I have to say, the ending of "The Last Knight" left me very intrigued and I hope there is some sort of continuation...