Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Next?

Default What's Next?

So now that Transformers Dark Of The Moon is finished filming and in post production stages and is set for release this summer (I personally cant wait), I was wondering what do you guys think Bay will do next? I know he's probably going to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sometime in the near future but I was thinking more of what he will be directing next. Will he do Pain & Gain, the small film project he's wanted to do for years or will he do Bad Boys 3? Personally, I'd be happy with either one. Im a huge fan of the Bad Boys series and at the same time I'd love to see how Pain & Gain comes out. Tell me what you guys think.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: What's Next?

Quote Originally Posted by BAYsplosions! View Post
    Tell me what you guys think.

Well, personally I want to see "Pain & Gain". Love "Bad Boys" and "Transformers", but I think it's time for Michael to move on with something completely different. And let me tell ya, "Pain & Gain" is definitely different.

I'm hopeful, because back in 2009 he said, and I quote, "Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3" - http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...-Official-2011

Of course, things change all the time, so at this point anything is possible.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    And let me tell ya, "Pain & Gain" is definitely different.
    Do we know any more info about P&G? Did Michael mentioned something about it before?

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Do we know any more info about P&G?

It's an adaptation of a "Miami New Times" article - http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1999-12-23/news/pain-gain/#

Did Michael mentioned something about it before?

"Itís like a "Pulp Fiction"-type of movie."

- http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/04/16...a-small-movie/
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Thanks for the links. Really interesting.

I would personally want him to do Pain & Gain first, after he's had a break then he can go full out on Bad Boys 3. Ninja Turtles - Not really interesting me.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Do we know any more info about P&G? Did Michael mentioned something about it before?

He has said he plans to shoot it in 13 days with a small budget. And there'll be no explosions but they set one guy on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Regressor View Post
    He has said he plans to shoot it in 13 days...

Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Source?

I'd be damn if I remember. He said it in an interview someplace. I believe i was around when he was promoting ROTF. I'm pretty sure I remember reading it, but I don't have the link or any source.

Yeah it would make sense for him to do Pain & Gain first since it is a smaller project. This way he can take a break from the big action blockbusters he's known for. Then after doing Pain & Gain, he can come back and make Bad Boys 3 and hopefully it will be released by 2013.

Mr Bay...can you consider about doing another live action movies such as "Patlabor", "Appleseed" and "Saber Rider"..Nelson, can you please recommend some of this title to Mr Bay and let him consider to produce or discuss with Steven Spielberg..Because i think it got potential to achieve what Transformers franchise did..

Those woulde be good even doing a live-action Vampire Hunter D movie or maybe Thundercats.

I want Bay to create another original film. One that's not already based off of something with a fan base. It's harder but he has the potential.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Yes he definetley has the potential. The Rock, Bad Boys (1 and 2), and The Island were all basically original pieces that werent based off anything and they turned out to be great films IMO. Even Armageddon you can say is an original piece even though it came out during a time when disaster films were seemingly being relased every 4-5 months. The great thing about Armageddon is that it felt like more than your basic disaster film and it turned out to be great as well. So yeah he definetley has the potential to another original piece and make it great. And thats why I think he should do Pain and Gain first then finish off the Bad Boys series with a bang by doing Bad Boys 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BAYsplosions! View Post
    The Rock, Bad Boys (1 and 2), and The Island were all basically original pieces that werent based off anything and they turned out to be great films IMO.
    I'd add, as I always do, Pearl Harbor.

Not only a great film, but there's no way anyone could know the new importance the film would take on about four months after its release.

Pain and Gain could be good.

Thumbs up Re: What's Next?

"Up next, the director says he would like to do "Pain & Gain", a "Pulp Fiction"-like project, "a true story with these boneheads looking for the American dream. A lot of actors have gravitated to it over the years. It's something to shoot that would be fun and fast."

- http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=76485

Bad Boys 3 doesn't sound like a good idea to me: what else could they do with the series? Besides, Smith looks like he's going to be very busy.

I wouldn't mind if Bay washed Transformers out of his system by making another film like Bad Boys 2, meaning a hard R over the top guilty pleasure. I think I read an interview with him where he said one of the reasons he wanted to make BB2 is so he could cut loose from the restrictions of his PG-13 Summer movies.

That, or I'd like to see another tight thriller like The Rock, his best movie. Hopefully one with a comparable cast, and one with a strong compelling villain along the lines of General Hummel.

And I hope he didn't get too burned by the box office of The Island (his second best movie IMO, and the only other one with an intriguing villain) to ever want to make another Sci-Fi movie, because he did such a great job on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by dnn View Post
    Bad Boys 3 doesn't sound like a good idea to me: what else could they do with the series?

Apparently, they have something in mind, because they've already hired Peter Craig to work on the script. On top of that, Will Smith is, at least according to Martin Lawrence, definitely in for another "Bad Boys" movie:

- http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...ally-Real-quot

yeah I've heard they have ideas for a script and story in mind for bad boys 3. I know Will and Martin would love to come back for another film its just finding time to do it. And same goes for Bay. So realistically I'm guessing they probably wouldnt start working on this film till maybe this time next year at the least or sometime next summer maybe. Cuz WIll is probably still busy with Men In Black 3 and Michael is probably still in some sort of post production for Transformers 3 then he's probably gonna be busy promoting it for part of the summer. And once all of that is done he will most likely start working on Pain and Gain. So I definitley think and hope Bad Boys 3 will happen but probably not for another year at the least.

And I dont think Bay was burned by the box office of The Island. I think he was happy knowing his core audience really liked the film. And the film may have been more successful at the box office if it was promoted more. Personally I loved the film and I really dont think the box office numbers bothered him. And I do think the film will do well once it is released on Blu Ray.

Well I certainly hope The Island (and The Rock) is the kind of movies he gets back to once he's finally through with Transformers. Good solid stand alone pictures. I think Bay is at his best when he's directing tightly written films with a straight plotline, and we're following a small group of characters from beginning to end. That's why I like what he's saying about TDOM having a focused point of view. In Bay movies that are less liked by me, the cast gets too large and scattered.

I think I read somewhere that he compared Pain & Gain to Fargo. He's a fan of The Coen Brothers, and he said he recognizes how their type of tone and filmmaking is very different than his. Like how in Fargo just one fatality carries a lot of weight. That may connect to how P&G was described above as having little violence.

Quote Originally Posted by dnn View Post
    Well I certainly hope The Island (and The Rock) is the kind of movies he gets back to once he's finally through with Transformers. Good solid stand alone pictures. I think Bay is at his best when he's directing tightly written films with a straight plotline, and we're following a small group of characters from beginning to end. That's why I like what he's saying about TDOM having a focused point of view. In Bay movies that are less liked by me, the cast gets too large and scattered.

I think I read somewhere that he compared Pain & Gain to Fargo. He's a fan of The Coen Brothers, and he said he recognizes how their type of tone and filmmaking is very different than his. Like how in Fargo just one fatality carries a lot of weight. That may connect to how P&G was described above as having little violence.
    Would love another Rock style movie tbh.... No sci fi... Just cool, slick action

Though, tbh, I've never understood why Bay hasn't done a full on war movie like Black Hawk Down style thing, I think that would be perfect for him...

Has there been any news about his reality TV series?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomofman View Post
    Though, tbh, I've never understood why Bay hasn't done a full on war movie like Black Hawk Down style thing, I think that would be perfect for him...
    Pearl Harbor
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

I would love to see Bay direct the live action version of Star Blazers.