Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: just great

Angry just great

Last night, me,my wife, my 7 yr old,and my 2 yr old went out of town.We ate at the Long john Silvers there.After dinner we went to a store and bought some things.We finished shopping and started home.We came upon a road block/D.W.I checkpoint.The officers asked us for our papers.I couldn't find my registration papers and was directed to pull over onto the shoulder.We waited for over thirty minutes as the New Mexico State Police tried within their greatest power to arrest me for my cars appearance.The ooficers standing around the car kept giving dirty looks and shaking their heads in disagreement with our family's decision.Almost if trying to make it known to us.We sat and watched as cars without papers were asked to pull over.Once the dispatcher called back on the radio..."O.K." They were let go.within' a matter of five minutes at longest.I know.I sat there and watched as we hit 40 minutes.The citing State Police Officer returned with another following closely behind.The officer stated that he had to cite me for papers,no child booster seat for my son,and UNAUTHORIZED MARKING OF A VEHICLE IN SUCH TO BE MADE TO APPEAR TO BE A NEW MEXICO STATE POLICE vehicle?I'm pissed.
    Last edited by barricade505; 01-09-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Default Re: just great

Quote Originally Posted by barricade505 View Post
    Last night, me,my wife, my 7 yr old,and my 2 yr old went out of town.We ate at the Long john Silvers there.After dinner we went to a store and bought some things.We finished shopping and started home.We came upon a road block/D.W.I checkpoint.The officers asked us for our papers.I couldn't find my registration papers and was directed to pull over onto the shoulder.We waited for over thirty minutes as the New Mexico State Police tried within their greatest power to arrest me for my cars appearance.The ooficers standing around the car kept giving dirty looks and shaking their heads in disagreement with our family's decision.Almost if trying to make it known to us.We sat and watched as cars without papers were asked to pull over.Once the dispatcher called back on the radio..."O.K." They were let go.within' a matter of five minutes at longest.I know.I sat there and watched as we hit 40 minutes.The citing State Police Officer returned with another following closely behind.The officer stated that he had to cite me for papers,no child booster seat for my son,and UNAUTHORIZED MARKING OF A VEHICLE IN SUCH TO BE MADE TO APPEAR TO BE A NEW MEXICO STATE POLICE vehicle?I'm pissed.
    Where, on your car, does it say "New Mexico Police"?

That's right NOWHERE!!!

You were on the friggin' news! And your lightbar doesn't work (you should have shown them that) and then...you could have gone Barricade on their asses!

But then unfortunately, the car doesn't transform, but damn that'd be cool if it did.

I can understand why you're pissed. And besides, no New Mexico officers have Mustangs for patrol cars, right?
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Then the officer behind the citing officer stated in a loud aggressive tone,"Why,does your car say police on it!?"As I tried to answer his question,he interrupted me and asked again even louder.The citing officer had a look on his face as if he didn't agree with this other officer's behavior.The citing officer then interrupted the rude officer and continued to explain my citations.In a professional manner.I thanked the GOOD officer for his behavior during this period and drove home.I wasn't pissed until my seven yr old told me he was scared.Dam it,america whats goin' on?When I returned from Iraq,I was then grateful for everything....family all government agencies and all.apple pie....I think sometimes we fight more battles here that are worthless and say nothing about things that need to be RIGHTED.some how..??????I've been grateful for the oppurtunity to make my car look like Barricade,Makes us feel special.People from all over ask to take a pic with the car and i say<"would you like to sit in it?" The look on their faces and their reactions are priceless memories we share with regular people.Not anyone special right?My family shares these memories with complete strangers.Then we become controlled.and told "no".When we are doing nothing wrong at all.I am not angry at the State for doing their job.I just wish this aggressive behavior needs to stop.These people work for us and behave like this?Confusing?Anyways...Peace to you all...I need a smoke...just writin' about it...
    Last edited by barricade505; 01-05-2008 at 12:02 PM.

I'm very sorry to hear that. They shoudn't have kept you and your family (with little kids!) waiting 40 minutes outdoor in the winter night.

Wow, that's tough man.

I'm sure Bay would be proud of your passion, though.

That's fucked up. Sadly though, some State Troopers have a tendency to be power-tripping @$$holes, almost as if they are competing with those type of guys in local law enforcement to see whose the bigger jerk. Definitely here in Texas. It's that flawed human factor that sometimes occurs in law enforcement. What would be even more fucked up is if he was doing it to just put you down in front of your family. My brother-in-law (also an Iraq vet) is now a firefighter, and has told me stories of his run ins with those types of guys unfortunately wearing a badge.

That said B, you know i've told you I support what you are doing. But why did you take the car out of town where other jurisdictional issues may occur? That's only asking for some @$$hole cop to take the opportunity to unload his frustration on you. (I think you should have left the word "transformers" above the door)

Our Governor Richardson is promoting film making in New Mexico.Independent film festivals are held here.We are persuaded to promote film making and the film industry itself by Richardson.Hopefully these guys get the hint.Geeez louise!!This may be the beiggest future for New Mexico outside of the Spaceport and Los Alamos labs.What else is left?? And our state has a history of films being made here?By the way r-type..I was returning home to San Miguel County and at the county line is where it occured.At home...oddly enough one of the sheriff's deputies there is my uncle,The sheriff of this county is my first cousin,and the other deputy there served in the military with me and has always supported me.Unfortunately the state police have the biggest problem because of the black and white color combination.The family members cant do anything outsude of letting me go.but the state police have more of a say because of it being a road block on the highway.The deputies are there to work with...I can't ask them to place themselves at differences with people they work with....I love ya uncle joe!!...P.s. Trigger Mike, I insist on going in my car to the Transformers 2 movie in style regardless if Barricade makes an appearance.Just cause the rich can afford an $83,000 dollar U.S. car,why cant I make a movie replicar for us?I wanna have some fun too before I age and die.Isn't that how it goes?I kinda left transformers off because of the use of the name itself.My car looks like Barricade enough,but not enough to cause legal issues..know whata mean?I don't have the authority to use the name or represent transformers until i get some type of permission to do so.
    Last edited by barricade505; 01-05-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Would it only cause legal issues if you are getting paid to appear somewhere with the car? Don't you already have the decepticon logo on it?

I don't know B, all of that stuff didn't stop a guy just being a plain jerk to you and your family. Fight the good fight and all that jazz, but I still think it's sorry that he got like that with you in front of your kids.

yeah your right!!i'm not gettin paid....maybe i'll do it when money comes up.I still have to pay a 50.00$ court fee win or lose.That is the part that sucks about it all....and the attitude isn't needed.If he's like this with me,imagine the people we do not know about.Makes me sad.

yeah your right!!i'm not gettin paid....maybe i'll do it when money comes up.I still have to pay a 50.00$ court fee win or lose.That is the part that sucks about it all....and the attitude isn't needed.If he's like this with me,imagine the people we do not know about.Makes me sad.
    Maybe the officer needs a mental evaluation.

Maybe he's just jealous. LOL He wants your car.

Just kidding.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

now i really feel like crap...my Redskins lost.

now i really feel like crap...my Redskins lost.
    Aww now...it's not that bad.

Is it?

yes, it is....

yes, it is....
    Cheer up.

Let's see.....what would cheer Barricade up.....hmm.....boy I'm at a loss.

Dam sorry to hear that that just realy suck man.

barricade get's to beat up Bumblebee in the next film.

I hope that make's you feel better BARRICADE505 .

Quote Originally Posted by IMT Guyver View Post
    barricade get's to beat up Bumblebee in the next film.

I hope that make's you feel better BARRICADE505 .
    NOOOO!!!! NEVER!!!!

I'm standing my ground.

The Bee owned Barricade.

(J/K there Barricade...maybe that will cheer you up!)

I just realized that the process i followed in order to make this movie replicar,The first step was asking the D.A.'s office.The news footage is on myspace page.I followed all channels and rules,Got charged with 29-2-14,the officer called back and apologized for any inconveniences after holding us 30 minutes.Now I am being charged with this again?I wish I knew where they saw the law being broken from start to finish.These guys say the law N.M. State Statute-
    B. Unauthorized marking of motor vehicle consists of the marking, using, possessing or owning or requiring the marking or using, without authorization by the board, of a motor vehicle whose insignia, color or equipment, or any combination of them, is such that the motor vehicle appears to be a New Mexico state police motor vehicle.

What the hell?It basicaly says in a nut shell for those confused,You have to make your car look like a New Mexico state police without authorization and use it for that purpose without the Boards permission.Is this whats goin on?...can i get a hell no?

By the way,I'd never fight Bumble again...lesson lernt.

I just realized that the process i followed in order to make this movie replicar,The first step was asking the D.A.'s office.The news footage is on myspace page.I followed all channels and rules,Got charged with 29-2-14,the officer called back and apologized for any inconveniences after holding us 30 minutes.Now I am being charged with this again?I wish I knew where they saw the law being broken from start to finish.These guys say the law N.M. State Statute-
    B. Unauthorized marking of motor vehicle consists of the marking, using, possessing or owning or requiring the marking or using, without authorization by the board, of a motor vehicle whose insignia, color or equipment, or any combination of them, is such that the motor vehicle appears to be a New Mexico state police motor vehicle.

What the hell?It basicaly says in a nut shell for those confused,You have to make your car look like a New Mexico state police without authorization and use it for that purpose without the Boards permission.Is this whats goin on?...can i get a hell no?
    I'm still trying to figure out where it says "New Mexico Police" on your car.

And you have no functioning light bar, so you're not using it in that matter. And you haven't "pulled over" anyone and imitated an officer.

Sheesh, do they charge people who dress up as state troopers/police for Halloween?

There's no case here. Seriously.

By the way,I'd never fight Bumble again...lesson lernt.
    Funny how you put 'markings' in yellow.

i dont know if you can get this over there but in australia you can get paper work saying your car is a show.which lets you drive it but for only set day's of the year.

I can kind of see it from there point of view but they are looking at it in the wrong way.

I hope all things go well for you and i hope they still let you drive it around.

i agree ya shoulda went decpeticon on them... and been like shut up and let me explaine i'd fight it tooth and nail, i see people here in cincinnati with old police cars
    they disable the spotlight... i've seen old hamiton co and colerain twps cruisers
    people has bought at an auction
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

The worst is Governor Richardson is telling everyone in New Mexico to promote film making here in New Mexico.SHIT!!! The problem I have with all of this is,nothing illegal is going on here.It is merely a power issue.They don't like it.I'm not doin' anything illegal.The car has 16,000 miles on it.Blue book states that the car should have more than 23,000.I barely use it.What's the issue? POWER to shut us down.thats what.... What erks me is that as a soldier,I served to protect our freedoms as Americans for ten voluntary years.Never saying anything against the Governments decisions to send us to Iraq.I realized that I waivered my opinions about being there when I signed the contracts.But,now I'm a veteran/citizen and can't enjoy my freedoms?....thats a pile a horse shit.* Here's another fact:before doing this and calling the D.A.'s office,I called the state police,sheriffs dept.,and the city police on the issue and laws.The only one that called back was the city?If they were so concerned,why didn't they call back?
    Last edited by barricade505; 01-06-2008 at 08:56 PM.

Man that does suck. They should'nt of been so hard.

But as a part time Police Officer here in UK, I can understand them also. Your car has Police written on it, there are laws about imitating etc.... even if they dont look the same, or remotley, they'll get you for anything >_<