Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Ellicit Content

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Ellicit Content

    Is this movie going to have inappropriate material in it? I absolutely love what Bay has done with these movies except for the fact that he includes language and material that my 5 year old shouldn't see or hear. He loves the Transformers and I love being able to share them with him, I watched them as a kid and it's awesome. It just bums me out that I have to censor the movies because they included language that shouldn't be in a movie that kids will watch. I would hope that if you get the license to make a movie that many generations love, that you would be a little more respectful to the families that want to take young children to see them. I myself don't get offended but I don't want my kids repeating what they hear. I just cover their ears because I can't deprive them of the awesomeness of these movies. If you guys are listening, release a censored version on DVD please!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bot Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern California.
    Posts
    3,113

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Well, the MPAA gives parents guidance on what will be in a movie. It is the parents' job to make a decision if its appropriate for their children. Thats the whole parenting thing!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

  3. #3
    Senior Member swishbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Well it's most likely going to be rated PG-13, so no matter how much you would like your kids to watch it, there's going to be "inappropriate content"....

    Same goes with Thor, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk.....man.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

  4. #4
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,115

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Well, Avatar Extended Edition did have a family friendly audio track...but that's about it.

  5. #5
    Member Sophia Wong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven & hell
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    Thats the whole parenting thing!
    I agree. It's not always from the movie they picked up. My 10 yrs old nephew started to use the 'f' word after picking it from school and for that, he got a good smack from both his parents. Kids are smart these days ... we, as adult just have be doubly smart to prevent things from happening.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    None of your God damn business!
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    FYI - It's Illicit not ellicit lol...

    Apparently this movie will be darker, which means more violence and strong emotional content.

    You should be more worried about what they see and hear on TV and radio these days. TV programs are pushing the boundaries in terms of offensive language, violence and sex scenes and that stuff is being shown earlier in the evening and over many different types of TV shows. Even the music industry is starting to make offensive language and sexually suggestive lyrics more and more acceptable.

    Moral of the story: don't take a 5 year old to a PG13 movie lol

  7. #7

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Just because this series of Transformers movies have their roots based on a toyline, it doesn't mean they are for kids. Movies have ratings for a reason, and I'd actually welcome an R-rated version. I don't need children watching the same movies I watch. It reminds me of when the first Jurassic Park was in theaters and I was surrounded by 5-10 year old children because parents didn't research the movie and justified taking the kids reasoning that Barney is a cute dinosaur so these should be cute too. Next thing I hear is a bunch of crying when the T-Rex chomps down on the lawyer sitting on the dumper.

    There looks to be plenty of death and destruction in this movie that quite honestly, no 5 year old is mature enough to handle. If you want to share your love of Transformers with your child, start off with the cartoons and keep these films for later.

  8. #8
    Senior Member alexsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Asturias, Spain
    Posts
    997

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    I think in the USA you are too obsessed with this kind of things.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Castle, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    unicron.jpgI am also a huge transformers fan,I found a dvd player called clearplay,it removes all innoperate contant.This dvd player makes the film viewable for the entire family.If youwant the web site its clearplay.com.My 13 yr old has seen the two films on clearplay at least 20 times,I seen it 40.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Flyingheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Europe, Belgium, Antwerp, Brecht.
    Posts
    3,991

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    If you have a PlayStation 3 your able to put "Parental Control" ON, so your kid is not able to view any content its not fit for viewing.

    Ill get a video for you...

    here:
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK, Plymouth
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Another stupid post of please dont have swearing death etc because i think transformers is purely for little kids. Their in a civil war, humans arent going to be nice to each other etc.

    I got news for you Transformers G1 had swearing, blood, dead bodies, severed limbs, crushed heads and more. Another example is Pokemon heavily edited to cut out swearing, nudity etc to us westeners, yet its target audience in japan is for kids.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    why would you take a young kid to a film where there is massed violence anyway?
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

  13. #13

    Default

    man americas system is so messed up. experiencing this first hand our schools are so g oriented. even middle schools and highschools. I mean for crying out loud we watch R. unless your kid has something extremely wrong watching a transformers movie or something isn't going to turn them into a serial killer. the stuff in the movie makes it reachable to all ages. not just kids.

    and how can those clearplays not butcher a storyline?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Castle, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    126

    Cool Re: Ellicit Content

    actually,the dvd player leaves all the action intact it just takes out the sexual jokes,language,and inappropriate stuff.If it will affect the plot of the film it leaves it in.Dont knock it till you try it.Its good for families.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    I think in the USA you are too obsessed with this kind of things.
    I agree.
    We want accountability as well (though not for ourselves).
    There's always someone else to blame.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Lbrosfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    436

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    I know this is the complete opposite of the 'moral of the thread', but I 'like' all the non-kid friendly content. It gives the films... well, balls. (But that's coming from someone who's friends all think that the Transformers films are little innocent kids movies. One time, someone came up to me while laughing and said: "You didn't tell me there was a weed joke in Transformers 2!")


    I know everyone is going to hate me for that.
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbrosfilm
    I know this is the complete opposite of the 'moral of the thread', but I 'like' all the non-kid friendly content. It gives the films... well, balls. (But that's coming from someone who's friends all think that the Transformers films are little innocent kids movies. One time, someone came up to me while laughing and said: "You didn't tell me there was a weed joke in Transformers 2!")

    I know everyone is going to hate me for that.
    oh no dude I completely agree with you too lol

  18. #18
    Senior Member Lbrosfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    436

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Nickelson View Post
    oh no dude I completely agree with you too lol
    Okay, that's a good thing. :borat
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

  19. #19
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,115

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbrosfilm View Post
    I know this is the complete opposite of the 'moral of the thread', but I 'like' all the non-kid friendly content. It gives the films... well, balls. (But that's coming from someone who's friends all think that the Transformers films are little innocent kids movies. One time, someone came up to me while laughing and said: "You didn't tell me there was a weed joke in Transformers 2!")


    I know everyone is going to hate me for that.
    Ohhhh...my dad got a kick out of the humor in these two films.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    There's a fine line though.
    I'd agree that it can't be a G rated movie, they have toys to sell and it's kids that the toys are made/marketed towards.

    I'm guessing that they actually make more $$ on toy sales than in movie ticket sales.

    As long as they are making a killing on toys.. they'll keep making movies, shows etc..

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    I was alright with the Action attached to the past two movies but I got to say my two daughters did not see ROTF because of the "Frickin" bot. He might aswell had been droppin F-Bombs the whole time because its the same implied word.

    Drop the "Frickin" bot Mr. Bay....

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Castle, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    As stated before check out a clearplay dvd player it will remove all the swear words.And make it family friendly language.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Wolfblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At the computer
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    I get what both sides are saying. I was a super-sheltered kid and I think there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep your kid from seeing inappropriate stuff. But that's when you just make a yes or no decision on the film, or do something like clearplay.

    I do think that some of the stuff in Transformers could be cut out. I'm a girl, and in GENERAL girls and guys don't like the same humor. Notice the "general". I'm not saying that this is how everyone feels. But sexual humor doesn't amuse me. At all. It's just ew. I may be seventeen but boys still have cooties.

    Some things couldn't be cut out, the fighting for one thing. Someone mentioned it was a civil war (that phrase makes no sense by the way, there is nothing "civil" about it) and that's true. Imagine The Patriot without fighting, or any superhero movie. It just doesn't work. As for language I can go both ways. I don't always use... errr... polite words, but I'm not a sailor either. It is a war. Things are stressful. So yeah.

    In the end, the film is what the film is. It's up to you to decide whether or not to let your kids watch it.
    Call me Wolfie or Blade, your choice. And for the record, yes, I am female.
    Starscream is my snuggles and he loves me very much. <3

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK, Plymouth
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    I mentioned its a civil war because it is and always has been. Megatron gradulay built up political influence which disguised the fact he was building up a army of followers to seize control of Cybertron. Where as Orion Pax/Optimus Prime always stood for peace and led the defence of Cybertron and the whole galaxy, against the cons.

    Its a cvil war because both Bot`s, and Con`s split from being a single neutral faction with a single perpose to defend/fight for what they believe in.

  25. #25
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,869

    Default Re: Ellicit Content

    I'm really tired of these threads.

    Parents, it's your job to take care of your kids and be informed.

    Please read about the ratings system. In a PG-13 movie, the work "fuck" is allowed once. Also, partially nudity is allowed (Kate Winslet's scene in 'Titanic').

    This isn't a G-rated film. As you might know what's possible with a PG-13 film, you have to decide if you let your kids see it or not.

    You can't have it both ways.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •