Thread: Ellicit Content

Hybrid View

Default Ellicit Content

Is this movie going to have inappropriate material in it? I absolutely love what Bay has done with these movies except for the fact that he includes language and material that my 5 year old shouldn't see or hear. He loves the Transformers and I love being able to share them with him, I watched them as a kid and it's awesome. It just bums me out that I have to censor the movies because they included language that shouldn't be in a movie that kids will watch. I would hope that if you get the license to make a movie that many generations love, that you would be a little more respectful to the families that want to take young children to see them. I myself don't get offended but I don't want my kids repeating what they hear. I just cover their ears because I can't deprive them of the awesomeness of these movies. If you guys are listening, release a censored version on DVD please!!

Default Re: Ellicit Content

Well, the MPAA gives parents guidance on what will be in a movie. It is the parents' job to make a decision if its appropriate for their children. Thats the whole parenting thing!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

Well it's most likely going to be rated PG-13, so no matter how much you would like your kids to watch it, there's going to be "inappropriate content"....

Same goes with Thor, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk.....man.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Well, Avatar Extended Edition did have a family friendly audio track...but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    Thats the whole parenting thing!
    I agree. It's not always from the movie they picked up. My 10 yrs old nephew started to use the 'f' word after picking it from school and for that, he got a good smack from both his parents. Kids are smart these days ... we, as adult just have be doubly smart to prevent things from happening.

Banned

FYI - It's Illicit not ellicit lol...

Apparently this movie will be darker, which means more violence and strong emotional content.

You should be more worried about what they see and hear on TV and radio these days. TV programs are pushing the boundaries in terms of offensive language, violence and sex scenes and that stuff is being shown earlier in the evening and over many different types of TV shows. Even the music industry is starting to make offensive language and sexually suggestive lyrics more and more acceptable.

Moral of the story: don't take a 5 year old to a PG13 movie lol

Just because this series of Transformers movies have their roots based on a toyline, it doesn't mean they are for kids. Movies have ratings for a reason, and I'd actually welcome an R-rated version. I don't need children watching the same movies I watch. It reminds me of when the first Jurassic Park was in theaters and I was surrounded by 5-10 year old children because parents didn't research the movie and justified taking the kids reasoning that Barney is a cute dinosaur so these should be cute too. Next thing I hear is a bunch of crying when the T-Rex chomps down on the lawyer sitting on the dumper.

There looks to be plenty of death and destruction in this movie that quite honestly, no 5 year old is mature enough to handle. If you want to share your love of Transformers with your child, start off with the cartoons and keep these films for later.

I think in the USA you are too obsessed with this kind of things.

man americas system is so messed up. experiencing this first hand our schools are so g oriented. even middle schools and highschools. I mean for crying out loud we watch R. unless your kid has something extremely wrong watching a transformers movie or something isn't going to turn them into a serial killer. the stuff in the movie makes it reachable to all ages. not just kids.

and how can those clearplays not butcher a storyline?

Cool Re: Ellicit Content

actually,the dvd player leaves all the action intact it just takes out the sexual jokes,language,and inappropriate stuff.If it will affect the plot of the film it leaves it in.Dont knock it till you try it.Its good for families.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runamuk View Post
    Is this movie going to have inappropriate material in it? I absolutely love what Bay has done with these movies except for the fact that he includes language and material that my 5 year old shouldn't see or hear. He loves the Transformers and I love being able to share them with him, I watched them as a kid and it's awesome. It just bums me out that I have to censor the movies because they included language that shouldn't be in a movie that kids will watch. I would hope that if you get the license to make a movie that many generations love, that you would be a little more respectful to the families that want to take young children to see them. I myself don't get offended but I don't want my kids repeating what they hear. I just cover their ears because I can't deprive them of the awesomeness of these movies. If you guys are listening, release a censored version on DVD please!!
    Yeah, but for us older teens, we like some of the inappropriate jokes, cause they're funny. haha but i guess for little kids it's not that good, but the inappropriate stuff should fly right over their head, like they wont think about it at all afterwards. theyre young. haha they dont pay attention to that kinda stuff, im sure. and as for the language, you can always mute it, or just tell him not to use the language. thats what my parents always told me, and they still tell me! :lmao
    I Fight Giant Robots

no kids notice really the only thing I've heard was my little cousin ask wts a p*ssy to her dad after skids said it to leo lol

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Nickelson View Post
    no kids notice really the only thing I've heard was my little cousin ask wts a p*ssy to her dad after skids said it to leo lol
    haha well thats true but then the parents should just tell em "dont use that word!!!!"
    hahaha i dont know..or maybe they shouldnt let their kids even watch it! transformers is NOT not some rated G disney
    channel movie, or anything, so anyone who makes the movie should NOT feel sorry about putting some inappropriate jokes in the movie, if they'd like to. Im a teenager, and i thought the movie was awesome, and was funny too. but as for g rated, completely appropriate kiddie movies-thats what the disney channel is for!! :lmao
    I Fight Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by Runamuk View Post
    so you rather your 5 YEAR OLD child see scenes where things gets blown up,,people get shoot up..people fire guns--but don't hear the words like fcuk?...sh*t,,pus*y...a**hole..etc etc.smh..dude....last time i check, the movie wasn't for people below age 13
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Red face Re: Ellicit Content

No offense meant........but it's up to the parent what his kid views......
    I remember watching terminator 1 when I was eight (8) years old.........
    But I watched it with my family........and when it had vulgar, sex, rude scenes.........
    my sister stopped the movie and fast forward.............
    I never knew about the sex scene.......all I saw was the action...............well I only saw the sex scenes when I was over 18 years old........
    So it's up to you what you want your kid to watch...........Killing those parts isnt going to make you enjoy the movie less.................
    Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions. - AE