Thread: Question about the first teaser trailer?

Banned

Default Question about the first teaser trailer?

We know this moon mission was in 1969 but in the trailer it says "a secret hidden for 40 years" Shouldn't it have said something like 42, 43, 44 years or something? There hasnt been a time frame released yet on how many years pass between ROTF and DOTM but if Sam... as seen at the end of ROTF went back to collage, we should have a few years at least between the two movies right? So the trailer says "a secret hidden for 40 years" from 1969 to 40 years later thats only 2009. Thats still the same time frame as ROTF. What gives? Is DOTM a few years later or does it pick up right after ROTF in the same year?

I kinda took it to mean "about 40 years", not exactly 40 years. I think of it like in conversation, where I might say, "It happened something like 40 years ago."

Also, from a "marketing psychology" standpoint, saying 42 or 43 years doesn't "role off the tongue" as well. Round numbers just look better and are easier to remember (at least to some extent).

But maybe not. It does seem a little strange, so maybe it's intentional and is related to the movie.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Default Re: Question about the first teaser trailer?

Jeez do we have to get into specifics here, Shadow?

I took it as just about also. it sounds alot better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Jeez do we have to get into specifics here, Shadow?
    yes trail we do... if I dont ask about stuff like this who will?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    yes trail we do... if I dont ask about stuff like this who will?
    Haha, now you're the "well SOMEBODY has to do it!" guy now.

When I first saw the trailer I asked myself the same question. I also took it as 40 years or so. I understand it would of been easier then saying 42,43 years. I have been thinking about more and it would of easy just say "a secret hidden for over 40 years" except of "a secret hidden for 40 years. This makes me question the statement like Shadow. Is there something in that statement or is it an oversight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrichard78 View Post
    When I first saw the trailer I asked myself the same question. I also took it as 40 years or so. I understand it would of been easier then saying 42,43 years. I have been thinking about more and it would of easy just say "a secret hidden for over 40 years" except of "a secret hidden for 40 years. This makes me question the statement like Shadow. Is there something in that statement or is it an oversight.
    thank you.

Anal much?

I guess 40 sounds better than 42.

It's like someone asking you, "How much money do you have" It would sound better saying 100 dollars instead of 102 dollars and 83 cents.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Ya know what? I just read about an interesting theory astronomers have proposed. The filmmakers' use of "a secret hidden for 40 years" was actually intentional because they were right. Apparently, astronomers have observed that over thousands of years the Earth's orbit around the sun has increased in diameter and therefore becoming increasingly slower, so much so that Earth's calendar years are off from true astronomical years by 3 years. It's happening with the Moon right now as we speak. So in truth, we are still in 2009. Michael Bay is the first filmmaker to realize this and incorporated this fact into the movie trailer.

Ya know what? I just read about an interesting theory astronomers have proposed. The filmmakers' use of "a secret hidden for 40 years" was actually intentional because they were right. Apparently, astronomers have observed that over thousands of years the Earth's orbit around the sun has increased in diameter and therefore becoming increasingly slower, so much so that Earth's calendar years are off from true astronomical years by 3 years. It's happening with the Moon right now as we speak. So in truth, we are still in 2009. Michael Bay is the first filmmaker to realize this and incorporated this fact into the movie trailer.
    Does that mean we get an extra 3 years before the world ends???
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Does that mean we get an extra 3 years before the world ends???
    Yes.

So start building up that Blu-ray collection while you still have the time. Movie watching is gonna become one of the only fun things we'll be able to do inside of our nuclear bunkers.

Banned

Yes.

So start building up that Blu-ray collection while you still have the time. Movie watching is gonna become one of the only fun things we'll be able to do inside of our nuclear bunkers.
    lol... thanks for sharing that Trail. I looked it up and it seems to be true so, you got a point with that. Good find.

:lmao:lmao:lmao
    No, I'm not related to Holmes.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I kinda took it to mean "about 40 years", not exactly 40 years. I think of it like in conversation, where I might say, "It happened something like 40 years ago."

Also, from a "marketing psychology" standpoint, saying 42 or 43 years doesn't "role off the tongue" as well. Round numbers just look better and are easier to remember (at least to some extent).

But maybe not. It does seem a little strange, so maybe it's intentional and is related to the movie.

Ed Fuego
    Yeah, i agree. "about 40 years." and for the point of marketing they probally wanted to use round numbers..Also I think in the transformers movies they actually take place in the same year in real life. in tf1, it was 2007, and it tf2 it was 2009, and in tf3 it will probally take place in 2011.
    I Fight Giant Robots