Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Blu-Ray Bay

Default Re: Blu-Ray Bay

Quote Originally Posted by dobyblue
    There's no doubt that Paramount and Dreamworks and Universal will all be announcing support for Blu-ray within the next few months, if not next week.
    Paramount maybe. I suspect Universal will hang on to the bitter end. If WB and Fox had gone with HD DVD, I wouldn't have expected Disney and Sony to just give up a week later either.

Default Re: Bay's response

I know the look, color, and sounds on my own movies better they anyone in the world. I color-time every single image, and am there for every single audio tweak. I see my films in the editing and final process no less then a 100 times. I know ever single nuance. For some dick wads on these posts who think I can't make an informed choice on what format in the end, has the truer results for my own films. Well you where to shove.... My films finished in Blu-Ray are better - more true. Hd is better than DVD, but just not as good as Blu-Ray. So buying a Transformers Hd is still the best you will see this movie as of today. But when Paramount caves for Blu-Ray in the future - This will happen, then you will see Transformers one day finished in Blu-Ray and I will sure be able to tell the difference.

Bay

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay
    But when Paramount caves for Blu-Ray in the future - This will happen, then you will see Transformers one day finished in Blu-Ray and I will sure be able to tell the difference.
    Thanks Mr Bay. Look forward to double dipping!

This may be a stupid question, but with Blu Ray....would there be more features and a possible director's cut?

Again, maybe a stupid question, but with all the room blu ray has, why not?
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Thank you Michael for speaking out on your feelings of the high def wars. I only hope other Directors will do as you have and not get manipulated by a software company!
    Last edited by doctorD; 01-06-2008 at 05:58 PM.

I totally agree with Michael Bay. He should be the one who knows the most of the Hi Def format in this forum and he knows best how his movies look like.
    Paramount will decide for Blu Ray someday as New Line and Warner did.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but with Blu Ray....would there be more features and a possible director's cut?

Again, maybe a stupid question, but with all the room blu ray has, why not?
    What you saw in the theaters was the directors cut.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    I know the look, color, and sounds on my own movies better they anyone in the world. I color-time every single image, and am there for every single audio tweak. I see my films in the editing and final process no less then a 100 times. I know ever single nuance. For some dick wads on these posts who think I can't make an informed choice on what format in the end, has the truer results for my own films. Well you where to shove.... My films finished in Blu-Ray are better - more true. Hd is better than DVD, but just not as good as Blu-Ray. So buying a Transformers Hd is still the best you will see this movie as of today. But when Paramount caves for Blu-Ray in the future - This will happen, then you will see Transformers one day finished in Blu-Ray and I will sure be able to tell the difference.

Bay
    It's all good Mike, cuz you know once the Transformers 2 hype starts to build, all the whiners and complainers will be RIGHT BACK on the Bay bandwagon, and they're all gonna wanna get a Blu Ray player once it hits DVD, so I'd just tune it out.

Bay
    Awesome Mr. Bay!!

I'm another HD enthus who is siding with Blu-ray. I'm glad that you're not afraid voicing your opinion in this format war. You're one of the very few. I'm hoping that Paramount, in the light of the Warner's news, will cave in much earlier before the end of the year. ...and if you could, give us, BD fans, extra contents in Transformers BD, since we do get it late

I'm thankful we've got a Hollywood director who is this outspoken about his preference for Blu-ray. It only makes sense that Bay wants his work to be presented in the best way possible for the home video market.

My son and I are anxiously awaiting the release of Transformers on Blu-ray. Hopefully now that HD DVD is dead Paramount will get on the ball, and with Bay's participation, make the Blu-ray Disc everything the HD DVD should have been and more. Just the thought of Transformers with lossless audio has me hyped!

Bay

Amen to that Michael

Once again thanks for saying it like it is. If anyone knows how their films should look it is the director end of story. Im sorry you have to deal with all these people who are bitter and calling you out on it. Your entitled to your opinion on how your own movie should look and what format you prefer it to be on.

Whenever you find yourself the victim of other peoples bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities ...remember things could be worse. You could be one of them. Take Care Michael and once again GOD BLESS!

Thanks again for being honest and not backing down!

Porfie Medina
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    My AMAZON Listmania List Blu-ray Disc movies you can show off on your 1080p HD TV
    http://www.amazon.com/Blu-ray-Disc-m...971930-4021604

Last edited by porfiejr; 01-06-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    No, what Bay has been critical of is of BAD corporate decisions on behalf of Paramount and Microsoft.

You guys are so full of it that you make it seem like he killed you cats.

The next time you should maybe make wiser decision and probably buy somehting good.

What you guys did is the equivalent of buying in the Microsoft Zune hype instead of the higher quality Apple iPod.
    yeah i pod is not higher quality than the zune2. yes zune 1 but not zune 2. tell me how the ipod is better quality please

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Supporting iPods/iTunes (the market leader) is nothing like supporting Toshiba/Microsoft's failed HD-DVD. iPods are can play just about every audio file (except WMV and Real--which both suck---and OGG---which only 4 people on earth use) and are easy to use and elegantly designed.
    the zune plays the same codec as ipod. as far as codecs go the zune and ipod are identical. Video is now what you need to use to determine which is the better player. the creative zen trumps the ipod in screen resolution and colors displayed as well as the zune. If you compare the hardware alone ipod comes in third to both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    the zune plays the same codec as ipod. as far as codecs go the zune and ipod are identical. Video is now what you need to use to determine which is the better player. the creative zen trumps the ipod in screen resolution and colors displayed as well as the zune. If you compare the hardware alone ipod comes in third to both of those.
    And the zune picks up wi fi. Which would be lovely in my town where we're wi fi all over.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

I admire someone in Michael's position speaking his mind so strongly, hopefully studios will listen to what the directors have to say. Good job Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    It's all good Mike, cuz you know once the Transformers 2 hype starts to build, all the whiners and complainers will be RIGHT BACK on the Bay bandwagon, and they're all gonna wanna get a Blu Ray player once it hits DVD, so I'd just tune it out.
    Hell there is already TF2 hype at there it's going to get bigger the closer to the release of TF2.

I can see it know the first TF movie is relesed on BD on the same day as TF2 in release at the Cinama maybe or both films get released BD in a boxset.

How knows i dont mind get getting the film again.

Quote Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    The Island in Europe is from Warner and is available on both Blu-ray and HD DVD with no region coding on either.
    I forgot it was released in Blu-Ray as well in Europe.

The no region encoding is nice, and I look forward to it coming in.

When/If we get the better audio, I'll end up double dipping myself.

Awesome. Truer words never spoken!

That's what I'm talkin about, yeah, go Michael go!

WOOT! My first post.

What you saw in the theaters was the directors cut.
    With regards to above, how about the IMAX version? I hope at the very least, when Transformers gets released on Blu-Ray, Mr. Bay insists on having this movie re-encoded with a higher bitrate and lossless audio. Additionally, I wouldn't mind if we got the IMAX version. Personally, I enjoyed the extended scenes in the Police Station and at the Pawn Shop.

Bay
    Can we expect some special exclusive feature on the Blu-ray version from you?

Bay
    According to the Financial times, Paramount has reserved the right to switch its backing to Blu-ray.

It was also unclear yesterday whether the other studios backing HD-DVD would change sides, although it is understood Paramount has reserved the right to switch its backing to Blu-ray.

It's only a matter of time now

I just listened to Microsoft CES conference, they spent a whole lot of time talking about movie download and spent ZERO second talking about HD-DVD.

I guess HD-DVD group got dropkicked twice this weekend, by Warner and M$

Banned

Michael Bay is an idiot. I can't think of a good movie he's even directed. On top of that he is clueless, and based on the grammar in his posts I don't think he passed the tenth grade. He has no clue about what format Transformers would look better on. How do I know that? Because it's never been released on Blu-ray. Therefore, he's never seen it on Blu-ray. Therefore he's an idiot, who probably owns stock in Sony. Anybody who believes one word that comes out of this incompetent retards mouth deserves to be shot along with him.