Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Blu-Ray Bay

Default Blu-Ray Bay

Well another studio down. Maybe I was right? Blu ray is just better. HD will die a slow death. It's what I predicted a year ago. Now with Warner's down for the count with Blu Ray. That makes it easier for Wal-Mart to push Blu Ray. And whatever Wal-Mart pushes - wins. Hd better start giving out those $120 million dollars checks to stay alive. Maybe they can give me some so I can give it to my Make-A-Wish charity, just to shut me up. Have faith people Transformers will come out in Blu-ray one day!

Bay

Default Re: Blu-Ray Bay

This is too good...awesome!

Nice! Im waiting for Transformers on Blu Ray Bay.
    I bought the Steelbook Version DVD of Transformers for my Playstation3, it looks pretty good, but it would be better with True HD Surround Sound.

But there are a Question for Mr. Bay:

- Why are you so PRO(+) for Blu Ray? Are there some Reasons you can tell us?

With best regards from Vienna,
    Dadi

Smile Re: Blu-Ray Bay

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Well another studio down. Maybe I was right? Blu ray is just better. HD will die a slow death. It's what I predicted a year ago. Now with Warner's down for the count with Blu Ray. That makes it easier for Wal-Mart to push Blu Ray. And whatever Wal-Mart pushes - wins. Hd better start giving out those $120 million dollars checks to stay alive. Maybe they can give me some so I can give it to my Make-A-Wish charity, just to shut me up. Have faith people Transformers will come out in Blu-ray one day!

Bay

Michael

I want to thank you for being one of the few people in Hollywood to speak your mind and not be afraid of what others thought or how others perceived you. I respect you for doing that. Me and many other blu-ray supporters at blu-ray.com http://www.blu-ray.com/ have been posting on the forum how much we wanted TRANSFORMERS on blu-ray before Paramount pulled that stunt on all of us. Many of us thank you for speaking up and going to bat for blu-ray. Many people especially myself are looking forward to seeing TRANSFORMERS on blu-ray. Even though I bought the DVD version, I hope to see a blu-ray version with things you wanted us fans to see not just a rushed release like Paramount gave us. Also please encourage Paramount to release a better sound option on blu-ray than the HD-DVD had. TRANSFORMERS deserves not only the best picture but the best sound. Thanks again for your honesty and for making such amazing and entertaining films. Can't wait for the next TRANSFOMERS movie! God Bless!

Porfie Medina
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    My AMAZON Listmania List Blu-ray Disc movies you can show off on your 1080p HD TV
    http://www.amazon.com/Blu-ray-Disc-m...971930-4021604
    Last edited by porfiejr; 01-05-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Bay
    I have no doubt that there is a notwithstanding clause in Paramount/Dreamwork's contract that allows them to get out based on poor hardware sales and/or major studio support changing.

I predict Transformers will come out on Blu-ray with uncompressed 5.1 24-bit PCM by Christmas 2008.

Good job Michael on not being afraid to speak your mind. It is people like you, Steven Spielberg, Eli Roth, John Lasseter and others who have no doubt been a loud voice amongst Hollywood.

Time Warner has made the only choice that made sense and with Warner Bros., New Line Cinema (LOTR), and HBO all being under the TW umbrella, it is only a matter of months until HD DVD is dead for good. It will definitely be wrapped up by the end of Summer that's for sure.

Now consumers can buy into an HD format with confidence.
    Last edited by dobyblue; 01-05-2008 at 09:37 AM.

lol i still refuse to watch transformers because i wanna look at it on Hi def blu-ray. And i never seened it in thearters. its too good to look at it on regular DVD or HD-DVD(i dont have a HD-DVD player dont wanna buy one)
    hopefully its gonna come out on blu-ray before the end of this year.

now the ball is in the retailer's side : they can end this real fast

I spoke to a guy in FNAC (great multimedia shop in France), he told me he wasn't surprised (he knew it for a very long time ???), and showing the HD DVD display : these will disappear (I think they won't order much new ones now)

and thanks again to Michael for expressing his feelings, after all it's the Directors doing movies so they should decide what to do with their movies (it's called intellectual property in France)

Now more than ever your words ring true. Transformers on Blu-Ray in 2008!!!!

Arrow Re: Blu-Ray Bay

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...read.php?t=376

What did I F'ing say! One step closer to owning Transformers on BRD!

I believe it was Hockytown Fan who said "No your not LOL"

And, Piturra who saturated the topic with blurry HD-DVD stills and Walls of text.

FACE!!
    Last edited by Double; 02-19-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Hells Yea.

Well said Michael, I'm with you! I made this just for you, lol...

Blu FTW!

Bay
    Michael,

I registered just to say how much appreciate you for not being afraid to speak out your mind. It is time for HD-DVD camp to cut its losses and accept reality for what it is instead of prolonging the inevitable and creating confusions for customers. The evidence is in their faces, Blu-ray is clearly preferred by both the industry and consumers. I hope the day is not far I can enjoy Transformers on Blu-ray. Please continue to voice your support, we are with you all the way.

Dew

Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    Michael,

I registered just to say how much appreciate you for not being afraid to speak out your mind. It is time for HD-DVD camp to cut its losses and accept reality for what it is instead of prolonging the inevitable and creating confusions for customers. The evidence is in their faces, Blu-ray is clearly preferred by both the industry and consumers. I hope the day is not far I can enjoy Transformers on Blu-ray. Please continue to voice your support, we are with you all the way.

Dew
    I agree entirely with the sentiment! Until then, I'll have to keep watching the Transformers trailer on my PS3!

Banned

You BR supporters are all retards.

1: HD DVD was just as good - end of story

2: My main reason for not supporting BRD - SONY

Sony is a piece of crap company who treats its employees like crap and its consumers ever worse. Everyone forget the root kit already? I could go on and on about all the crappy low brow things Sony has done over the years, but one sticks in my mind.

A friend of mine worked for a game company that Sony bought out. Rather then giveing them a severants pay or anything at all - they envited all of them out to the parking lot at lunch time, locked the doors behind them and proceeded to tell them they were all fired.

This is the type of company that will now have a monopolly on all the media in the world - nice job guys.

Id like to thank all of you personally for making a non-caring POS media giant even more powerfull. Between Sony and MAC the days of open source is soon to be gone - and (bah bah) sheep like you guys will be to thank for all that.

Oh and about Mikes post about Microsoft trying to push digital downloads? LONG LIVE MICROSOFT!!!
    I wont to buying any worthless BRD players. Digital downloads are the way of the future - and untill digital downloads take off Ill be watching all my movies in HD ON DEMAND.

BOYCOTT SONY FOR LIFE!
    Last edited by jason51873; 01-05-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Needed to all some more stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jason51873 View Post

LOL digital downloads HA! Yeah I want to download a 25 or 50 gig movie NOT! Sony haters make me laugh. So instead you'd rather get in bed with Steve Ballmer!

Default Fighting the good fight. Job well done !

This was an intense and sometimes bitter battle, but the BDA held the course, stayed focused, dealt honorably throughout all this, yielding an emminant victory, something that the HD DVD camp cannot claim. Even their desperate moves - the $ 99.00 hardware fire sale, though selling 190,000 player in one day or weekend - had little impact, and alienated any other manufacturer considering entering into the HD DVD player market, the payoff to Paramount, yet for only an 18 month agreement. All the efforts proved vain, and now at this juncture, with Warner Bros. going exclusively Blu-ray, will tip the scales of softwares production to 85 Plus % Blu-ray. We are at the end game. All that is left is the transition. Soon the Mass Merchants will stock only Blu-ray Players and Software. Do we need panic or paranoia? Absolutely not. Simply rejoice, especially if you were one who honorably fought the good fight. I am pleased for all future consumers, that they will be enjoying a single High Definition entertainment format, called Blu-ray. Enjoy the moment !

Jim Pullan
    Audio Excellence
    Ocala, FL
    http://www.audioexcellenceocala.com

Sony is a piece of crap company who treats its employees like crap and its consumers ever worse. Everyone forget the root kit already? I could go on and on about all the crappy low brow things Sony has done over the years, but one sticks in my mind.

A friend of mine worked for a game company that Sony bought out. Rather then giveing them a severants pay or anything at all - they envited all of them out to the parking lot at lunch time, locked the doors behind them and proceeded to tell them they were all fired.

This is the type of company that will now have a monopolly on all the media in the world - nice job guys.

Id like to thank all of you personally for making a non-caring POS media giant even more powerfull. Between Sony and MAC the days of open source is soon to be gone - and (bah bah) sheep like you guys will be to thank for all that.

Oh and about Mikes post about Microsoft trying to push digital downloads? LONG LIVE MICROSOFT!!!
    I wont to buying any worthless BRD players. Digital downloads are the way of the future - and untill digital downloads take off Ill be watching all my movies in HD ON DEMAND.

BOYCOTT SONY FOR LIFE!
    Just give up man. You're blind bias is making you look pathetic. OOPS. Too late.

PS. MS is not the sainted coorporation you think it is.

Bay
    Really is quite unfortunate that you are so gladly just allowing yourself to be a pawn in all this. Picking and choosing sides for all to see for the amusement of Blu Ray enthusiasts.

I own both Blu Ray and HD-DVD, but it really is unfortunate to constantly read your stance on the formats not because I prefer one over the other, but because you actually make people like myself feel like total idiots for actually thinking to buy and support your movie on HD-DVD, but who cares we're all just insignificant idiots anyway.

If only to show your appreciation to the people that went out and purchased the HD-DVD version of your movie, just like we showed our appreciation for your work on Transformers by purchasing it in HD-DVD, it would've been nice for you to not constantly belittle our choice in doing so. I will personally never purchase another Michael Bay film.

Everyone knows why Blu-Ray is beating the pants off of HD-DVD as much as it is right now and it's called the Playstation 3. It isn't that consumers chose blu ray it's simply that Sony made a very intelligent business move that heavily tilted things in their favor. Had Microsoft actually put an HD-DVD player inside the Xbox 360 since launch then HD-DVD would actually be the #1 format simply based on the fact that the Xbox 360 has been steadily outselling the Playstation 3 in the USA since it's release. The Xbox 360's first year on the market in the USA is beating the ps3 by over 900,000 units and in 2007 the Xbox 360 sold is outselling it's 2006 USA sales performance by more than a million units. It isn't hard to see the format war would be different had Microsoft went with an internal HD-DVD player.

I don't say that as some hardcore HD-DVD supporter, but as a fan of both. I just sometimes cringe at constantly hearing that "consumers" are choosing Blu Ray. Blu Ray was just put into a Trojan horse called the Playstation 3 and that allowed it to hit it's stride in a way that no optional HD-DVD add on could do for the Xbox 360 and we all know standalone sales wont match the sales of a videogame console such as the PS3. So the best solution would've been to make the Xbox 360 a trojan horse for HD-DVD by making it an internal device like Sony did for Blu Ray in the PS3.

Maybe then people wouldn't go around touting the Blu Ray is selling better because it's better nonsense. I own both so I know the experience of using both. Both have similar incredible picture quality except HD-DVD has actually been delivering on the interactivity, network and picture in picture features originally promised by these formats since day one whereas Blu Ray hasn't been. So how exactly is Blu Ray better? I know it's easy to see dollar signs in favor of Blu ray and say "well clearly that is more superior" but that isn't the case and never has been the case. It was just put inside the PS3 and it blew up as a result. Smart business by Sony is what helped ensure the Blu Ray format's victory.
    Last edited by ByakuyaRasen; 01-05-2008 at 01:48 PM.

You lead by example.

!
    Ok, go join them!

Quote Originally Posted by ByakuyaRasen View Post
    Really is quite unfortunate that you are so gladly just allowing yourself to be a pawn in all this. Picking and choosing sides for all to see for the amusement of Blu Ray enthusiasts.

I own both Blu Ray and HD-DVD, but it really is unfortunate to constantly read your stance on the formats not because I prefer one over the other, but because you actually make people like myself feel like total idiots for actually thinking to buy and support your movie on HD-DVD, but who cares we're all just insignificant idiots anyway.

If only to show your appreciation to the people that went out and purchased the HD-DVD version of your movie, just like we showed our appreciation for your work on Transformers by purchasing it in HD-DVD, it would've been nice for you to not constantly belittle our choice in doing so. I will personally never purchase another Michael Bay film.

Everyone knows why Blu-Ray is beating the pants off of HD-DVD as much as it is right now and it's called the Playstation 3. It isn't that consumers chose blu ray it's simply that Sony made a very intelligent business move that heavily tilted things in their favor. Had Microsoft actually put an HD-DVD player inside the Xbox 360 since launch then HD-DVD would actually be the #1 format simply based on the fact that the Xbox 360 has been steadily outselling the Playstation 3 in the USA since it's release. The Xbox 360's first year on the market in the USA is beating the ps3 by over 900,000 units and in 2007 the Xbox 360 sold is outselling it's 2006 USA sales performance by more than a million units. It isn't hard to see the format war would be different had Microsoft went with an internal HD-DVD player.

I don't say that as some hardcore HD-DVD supporter, but as a fan of both. I just sometimes cringe at constantly hearing that "consumers" are choosing Blu Ray. Blu Ray was just put into a Trojan horse called the Playstation 3 and that allowed it to hit it's stride in a way that no optional HD-DVD add on could do for the Xbox 360 and we all know standalone sales wont match the sales of a videogame console such as the PS3. So the best solution would've been to make the Xbox 360 a trojan horse for HD-DVD by making it an internal device like Sony did for Blu Ray in the PS3.

Maybe then people wouldn't go around touting the Blu Ray is selling better because it's better nonsense. I own both so I know the experience of using both. Both have similar incredible picture quality except HD-DVD has actually been delivering on the interactivity, network and picture in picture features originally promised by these formats since day one whereas Blu Ray hasn't been. So how exactly is Blu Ray better? I know it's easy to see dollar signs in favor of Blu ray and say "well clearly that is more superior" but that isn't the case and never has been the case. It was just put inside the PS3 and it blew up as a result. Smart business by Sony is what helped ensure the Blu Ray format's victory.
    Not only is he a pawn.. the disrespect he shows to the people who bought Transformers on HD-DVD is unfathomable. I also will never watch a Michael Bay film again.

This is why I haven't bought either format yet....
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goman View Post
    Not only is he a pawn.. the disrespect he shows to the people who bought Transformers on HD-DVD is unfathomable. I also will never watch a Michael Bay film again.
    Since when does paying $30 for any product require the author to bow down to you? BTW, it wasn't hsi decision that the TF DVD be only on HD DVD.

And how has much Michael Bay disrespected you personally? He didn't agree with a corporate decision Paramount made. End of story.

Thanks Michael. Once again, I bet you are right on the mark...

Quote Originally Posted by goman View Post
    Oh, that hurts. Considering you have joined specifically to post this, I'd suspect you weren't a Bay fan anyhow. What is (or was) your fav film of his, and fav scene? Don't have one? Just joined to complain?

Quote Originally Posted by ByakuyaRasen View Post

Buddy, the consumers picked blu ray. Everywhere in the world. I personally wish HDDVD had won as it wasn't region locked and I don't live in the US. I personally don't care about anything other than optimal picture and sound quality, and both formats gave this. All the other crapabilities of the formats I couldn't care less.

But the consumers have clearly chosen blu ray. 63:37 in the US; 70:30 in Europe; 96:4 in Japan. 95:5 in Australia. And Blu Ray got a late start. Even with a head start HDDVD was getting butt kicked. Warners made the call that it was time to go the way the consumers had chosen, and end this nonsense. Michael Bay (and most everyone else) could see this when Paramount took the money for HD exclusivity, and has been kind of righteously ticked. You know what the money they got was for? To cover the loss of sales for not producing blu ray. So if transformers sold 1 million copies on HDDVD in the US, that means they lost 2 million sales. And in Japan, if they sold 100,000 copies on HDDVD, it means they lost 2,400,000 sales. Paramount made an idiotic decision going against what the consumers had decided. The best they could have done was stay format neutral until consumers decided. As Warner did.

Get over it.
    Last edited by Mobe1969; 01-05-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Personally I really don't care which one wins, just so there is one format. I am a little miffed at Sony for starting a "format war" again, but this one may be moot in about 10 years. DVD's have been around since about '96-'97 so they have had a good 10 year run, but are now being replaced. I think in about 10-15 years the same will happen to HD-DVD/Blu-Ray (well Blu-Ray since HD-DVD seems to be falling).

As more companies get into digital downloads (Apple's iTunes with Apple TV, Amazon's Unbox, Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace, Sony, etc.) and more cable and dish companies get larger "on demand" libraries I think we'll be seeing physical copies going the way of the dodo.

Which is sad really.
    "I reject your reality & substitute it with my own." - Adam Savage, Host, Mythbusters

"Living in Seattle is like being in love with a beautiful woman, who's always sick." - G.M. Ford

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Moon View Post
    Personally I really don't care which one wins, just so there is one format. I am a little miffed at Sony for starting a "format war" again, but this one may be moot in about 10 years. DVD's have been around since about '96-'97 so they have had a good 10 year run, but are now being replaced. I think in about 10-15 years the same will happen to HD-DVD/Blu-Ray (well Blu-Ray since HD-DVD seems to be falling).

As more companies get into digital downloads (Apple's iTunes with Apple TV, Amazon's Unbox, Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace, Sony, etc.) and more cable and dish companies get larger "on demand" libraries I think we'll be seeing physical copies going the way of the dodo.

Which is sad really.
    I just can't see digital downloads ever (or at least in the next 20 years) being a force to be reckoned with. You just need too much bandwidth. I mean I have been on broadband for 10 years (cable) and you know what? The speed is still the fastest available in Australia, and that speed hasn't changed in 10 years.

And if I was downloading all the stuff I watch in HD format, I'd be going through about 200GB of data a week.

Look at all the online video. Youtube works, but the quality is so poor it is embarassing. The net won't support this dream unless they start pushing low quality rubbish (like say itunes tv shows)