Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tron 3

Default Tron 3

From AICN:
    TRON 3 teaser details... tis true!
    SPOILER ALERT !!
    Hey folks, Harry here in rehab for my back surgery. Today, it seems my equilibrium, center of gravity and legs have all begun shoring up. Still a long way to go, but damn - this is exciting to be living through. Almost as exciting as the details that I got from the footage that was shot BEFORE Thanksgiving of last year to be a teaser of the future, it seems.

I was contacted by someone that worked on the shoot for this DVD Extra. That this person's experience on set gave him, it will be made up of at least 3 scenes.

One includes Bruce Boxleitner (as Alan) and Dan Shor (as Ram). Turns out that "Ram" was apparently running the FLYNN LIVES campaign and he's frantically destroying all of that data and files, as Alan confronts him. Dan apparently utters the line, "Why did Kevin give you the cool name" - which means to my way of thinking that after Flynn came out of the Grid, he sought out the human soul of Ram and befriended him and started calling him RAM - you know - some geek that wrote that Actuarial Program that helped people plan for the future. I sorta love that. And love that the kindness Flynn showed this lowly geek, apparently created a gung ho champion for the life and memory of Kevin Flynn.

Another has Quora showing up to ENCOM and getting acousted by the press because she's riding Sam's Ducati - and states that she just spoke with Kevin Flynn, yesterday!

The last scene that was shot in this mini-shoot involved text screens where you see the Father & Son... The Dillingers stating that everything is going as planned.

That particular bit has me giddy beyond fucking words.

Default Re: Tron 3

From Bleeding Cool:
    Details Of The Secret, Imminent Trailer For Tron 3, Film Presumably Set To Follow
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly
    The plot thickens. There’s a listing on the BBFC database for something called Disc Roars. At 2 minutes and 51 seconds it’s the shortest work listed for Joseph Kosinski. The cast list given is: Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde.

Disc Roars is not showing on the official list of special features for the Tron: Legacy DVD and Blu-ray. I believe it is more than likely to be the “secret” teaser, and that Disc Roars is nothing but a smokescreen codename.

Or… it could be featurette on the sound that the light discs make. But if so, why isn’t it listed alongside the other supplements? And 2 minutes 51 sounds about perfect for a teaser like the one Harry describes.

If it is the trailer, note that the BBFC are pretty much confirming Bridges will make some kind of appearance. Nice. It would be terribly disappointing if he didn’t.

I'm all for another Tron film. Hopefully this is true and not a rumor.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

I absolutely LOVED Tron: Legacy!

Sequels? I'm all for it!

YEEESSSSSS!!! Just what I need to feed this Tron addiction. Stoked? Like yeah! Hopefully there's no rumors.

Also, in watching an interview of Olivia Wilde, she says near the end 'when there's another Tron, the suits will become even more complex' (well along those lines, lol) HEre's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNShlgD-ByY
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

I'm game! I hope they expand out of the Grid and explore the massive and crazy universe that we all know as the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I'm game! I hope they expand out of the Grid and explore the massive and crazy universe that we all know as the Internet.
    Holy shit, now you do have a point! Just... no complex internet maps, please... o_e
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Holy shit, now you do have a point! Just... no complex internet maps, please... o_e
    Oh, you mean this one?!!!

Oh, you mean this one?!!!

Holy Sh*t, :wtf is that ???
    Ya just wanna die for the guy. Now that's leadership... Or brainwashing or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbrosfilm View Post
    Holy Sh*t, :wtf is that ???
    It's a "map" of the internet which was made under the Opte Project. I guess every little line represents a connection between two servers or something like that. The problem is, the map hasn't been updated since 2005 so you're looking at what the internet looked like a good 5+ years ago. Imagine how it must look today.

Imagine how it must look today.
    Probably at least 10 times more complex.

It's a "map" of the internet which was made under the Opte Project. I guess every little line represents a connection between two servers or something like that. The problem is, the map hasn't been updated since 2005 so you're looking at what the internet looked like a good 5+ years ago. Imagine how it must look today.
    Damn...
    Ya just wanna die for the guy. Now that's leadership... Or brainwashing or something.

From Jim Hill:
    Was news of that "Tron 3" teaser deliberately leaked to the Web by Disney insiders?
    Have you heard about this "Tron 3" teaser that Aint It Cool News & Tron-Sector have been talking up this past weekend?

As the story goes: This "Tron 3" teaser was supposedly shot back in November before "Tron: Legacy" was released to theaters, with the idea that it would then be included as a surprise Special Feature on the DVD & Blu-ray release of "Tron: Legacy." Studio execs were supposedly hoping that this teaser would not only help build excitement for the upcoming sequel to this Joseph Kosinski film but that it would also help spur sales of the "Tron: Legacy" DVD & Blu-ray.

Now all signs point to this "Tron 3" teaser being legit. Harry Knowles actually has photos up on his site right now that were supposedly taken on the set of this shoot. What's more, he's claiming to have copies of the call sheets & location maps for this "Tron 3" teaser.

So given that there's now a teaser trailer for "Tron 3" out there, does that then mean that the sequel to this Kosinski film has officially been greenlit? Not exactly. Not yet anyway.

Long story short: Back in April of last year, Disney executives signed Eddy Kitsis & Adam Horowitz (i.e. the screenwriters of "Tron: Legacy") to start work on the script for a sequel. But just because there's now a "Tron 3" screenplay floating around the lot in Burbank doesn't mean that production of this proposed sequel will ever actually go forward.

"And why exactly is that?," you ask. "What's preventing production of 'Tron 3' from going forward now?," you ask. To be honest, it's not so much that "Tron: Legacy" hasn't performed as strongly stateside as the Studio had hoped. But - rather - because overseas ticket sales for this Joseph Kosinski film were a lot softer than expected.

Which brings us now to the conspiracy theory portion of today's JHM article. As in: If Disney was able to keep that two-minute-long "Tron" test that Kosinski & Co. created back in 2008 completely under wraps until it was screened at Comic-Con in July ... Well, why then has word suddenly leaked out about this "Tron 3" teaser?

For those of you who don't recall the huge sensation that that "Tron" test caused back in 2008, Justin Springer's "The Art of Tron: Legacy" (Disney Editions, November 2010) does a great job of taking you behind-the-scenes as that footage was being created. Here's a few key excerpts from this great making-of book that will give you some necessary background for today's article:
    The idea of revisiting Tron had long gestated at the studio. Development simmered over the years, outlines and even scripts would be written and ultimately thrown out, forcing everyone back to the drawing board. It was longtime Brigham Taylor, a known fanboy and Tron enthusiast, who kept the project alive through many years of stalled development, maintaining his belief that Tron was a viable Disney franchise.

After years of starts and stops, in 2007 Taylor heard first-time director Joseph Kosinski's bold vision for a new Tron universe and the character-rich and clever narrative conceit of Lost veterans Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Immediately, he knew he had something special on his hands. He quickly put the idea in front of the rest of the executive team at Disney, and development, under the guidance of producers Sean Bailey and Steven Lisberger, got underway at an accelerated pace.

Disney was very excited about the filmmakers' early vision for the film, and finally serious, if cautious, about proceeding with a sequel to Tron. However, this movie would come with an event-movie price tag. Kosinski was a first-timer, and pulling it off would require using a multitude of the latest filmmaking technologies in concert, something that no one was sure was viable. The script was underway, but Disney needed evidence that Kosinksi's vision, and the production plan, would work.

Keeping this challenge in mind, Bailey and Kosinski came up with the concept for a two-minute visual test and an extensive visual development period, which would result in early designs for characters, vehicles and environments. The studio said yes, and the team began bringing the visual test to life.

They also knew that they needed (Jeff) Bridges. After a meeting with Bridges at his home where the visual test and the story for the film were discussed at length, the actor signed on to play both Kevin Flynn and Clu.

After four months of visual development, filming for the visual test took places in January 2008 with a scaled-down crew on a small stage that looked more like mission control than a traditional film set. It was a grueling one-day shoot, at the end of which, all the live-action and performance capture needed to create the test piece was completed.

After months of work, an early version of the visual test was shown to Disney (execs) in March of 2008 and was very well received. It was continually tweaked over the rest of the spring based on studio notes, and a half-day reshoot was carried out, resulting in a new opening where the light cycle combatant runs out of the rocky formation on the Grid and forms his light cycle ... The final version of the visual test was shown to Disney Chairman Dick Cook in late July 2008, less than a week prior to Comic-Con. He was thrilled with what he saw and quickly made the decision to add it to the studio's Comic-Con line-up, in order to gauge the core audience's interest in the property.

The two-minute visual test was shown in 2D after the Race to Witch Mountain panel in Hall H. The filmmakers were thrilled at the possibility of surprising the attendees; a crowd of super-informed fans who prided themselves on knowing everything about what movies are being developed. The crowd's reaction to the visual test made it clear they were stupefied that a movie of this size could be underway without them knowing (what they didn't know was that it wasn't underway yet).
    Which now brings us back to the conspiracy theory portion of today's article. Jut to recap here: If Disney was able to keep that two-minute-long "Tron" test under wraps under wraps for months,then why did word of this "Tron 3" teaser leak out just weeks after it was shot?

Well, from what I hear, this wasn't a coincidence. Someone at the Studio supposedly put the word out about this "Tron 3" teaser because there'd been talk recently about possibly NOT including this footage on the "Tron: Legacy" DVD & Blu-ray. In essence putting development of a "Tron: Legacy" follow-up on ice for a while.

This news did not reportedly thrill a number of key creatives at the Studio. Which is why a decision was made to prematurely get the word out about this "Tron 3" teaser trailer which was supposed to be on the Blu-ray & DVD. With the hope that -- once this news leaked -- the "Tron" fan community would become electrified. More to the point, this leak would then put The Walt Disney Company in the position where they'd have no choice but to include this "Tron 3" teaser as part of the "Tron: Legacy" DVD & Blu-ray release. Which would then (in theory, anyway) give the "Tron: Legacy" sequel project additional exposure and some increased momentum.

The only problem with this story (at least from my point of view) is that people seem to automatically assume that just because there's a "Tron 3" teaser out there ... Well, that then means that the Mouse will just have to move forward with production of a "Tron: Legacy" sequel. I mean, this is Disney after all. The Studio that tacked a trailer for "Dumbo II" onto Walt Disney Home Entertainment's 2001 VHS & DVD release of "Dumbo" ...
    ... only to then abandon that project without any explanation.

The way I hear it, the decision to go forward with a "Tron: Legacy" sequel now depends on how well the Blu-ray & DVD version of this Joseph Kosinski film sells. And speaking of Joseph ... Preproduction of "Oblivion," Kosinski's next film for Walt Disney Studios, supposedly began two weeks ago. And as for his reimagining of Disney's 1979 sci-fi epic, "The Black Hole" ... Well, again from what I hear from studio insiders, the future of that film now hangs on the sales of the Blu-ray & DVD version of "Tron: Legacy" as well.

So long story short here: If you really want to see "Tron 3" and/or that proposed "Black Hole" remake, you'd better purchase a copy of "Tron: Legacy" Blu-ray & DVD. A couple of copies, actually. And that's whether or not this upcoming Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment release includes that much-talked-about "Tron 3" teaser.

Speaking of which ... Would it really be all that big a sales incentive if the "Tron: Legacy" Blu-ray & DVD did include this "Tron 3" teaser? Or would it just be enough if the folks at WDSHE included a Special Feature that then gave you a detailed look at "Tron: Uprising," that animated series which will be debuting on Disney XD in 2012?

From AICN Jul 25, 1999:
    Additional Rumors: Pixar working on a top secret remake/sequel to TRON'
    Hey folks, Harry here. Some interesting developments have popped up about this story, and that's that there may well be two TRON projects bidding to be the 'next TRON movie', but both within Walt Disney's empire.

The first we heard about yesterday and concerned TRON and PIXAR (which is in a deal with Disney, thus being the tie-in for a possible sequel/remake) Then there is the project at Disney Animation (Yes, this has NOTHING to do with the alleged Pixar project, if it even exists) and is called WARRIORS OF TRON, apparently they have a script and are now conducting initial storyboards and animatic tests. And here is the basic rundown on the Disney Animation WARRIORS OF TRON project...

4 high school kids uncover a plot to destroy all the world's computer
    systems on Jan 2, 2002. After alerting the authorities, they realize
    nobody believes them. They search for help and it leads to an aging
    Flynn. Flynn reveals that Alan and Lora died in a car accident 15 years
    ago.. He is a recluse, and the guilt has left him feeling responsible in
    some way. He dissmisses the teens, but after one of them probes him
    about the Tron program, he agrees to send them into the new CPU. they
    must compete in games set up by the CPU to destroy the system. Flynn
    eventually joins them inside.

That's all that my fella at Disney would let on about, but it's enough that I hope and wish Lasseter godspeed with his project... if one exists.

Yesterday's report lays below this point.

Alright you Pixar animators, publicists, editors, musicians... Yeah you. I know you read the site... I have ways of knowing that stuff. Now fess up, what in the wide wide world of sports is a going on here?!?!?!?

Well, I have a good 30 or so folks that read this
    article
    over on ZDNET.com, that professes to have a source at PIXAR that's talking about a sequel/remake of TRON that John Lasseter is gonna be heading up.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?

Here is your mission should you choose to accept it. I want you, top secret employee of PIXAR, to spill the beans. I want to know everything that any of you know about this so-called project. If it doesn't exist... I wanna know. If it dood exist... I wanna know. Why do I wanna know? Because TRON is the coolest motherfucking holy mary mother of god cool reaming goat herding marshmellow roasting project this side of the afterlife. And if John is on board then God is on our geek's sides. Please be true.... If true then my 16 mm print of TRON just became my most valuable possession next to that Scary Monkey and Scrubbing Bubble.

Now one final thing super secret PIXAR spy.... Hurry. My pulse is racing. I'm Fat. I could die and never know the truth. Think about my unborn grandkids in my loins. THey must know before the autopsy sets them free. I have to know. Please don't make me beg. Pllllllllllllleeeeaaaaaeeee..... I'm begging you, don't make me beg for it. I have dignity.... I have class.... All the women that want me will see me as the worm that I truly project Quint to be. ARGH!!!

Note to non-PIXAR employees: This is a ruse to get information. Actually a diabolical plan. You see. They won't be able to resist this level of pathetic whiney blubbering. I learned about this technique in a book on the life of Salvador Dali. He always got what he wanted. So.... GET ME THAT INFO.... and a can of Hungarian Moustache Wax.... Yeah.... Baby, my antennae will be erect!

From AICN Jul 27, 1999:
    Further Information on TRON movies/tv show
    Hey folks, Harry here... And this is the latest from my source over at Disney. Seems the two projects are aimed at totally different market areas... One for Television, the other for film. So... from now on, look for the WARRIORS OF TRON news over on Coaxial, while I'll be continuing to dig into this whole Pixar thing. Hmmm...

1) Warriors of Tron is NOT a PIXAR project. They are working separate
    Tron related project, that (The PIXAR one) is shooting for a theatrical release n 2002.

2) Warriors of Tron is being presented as a made-for-tv Disney Sunday
    night program...with a series to follow if it is successful.

it has been written with a younger audience in mind, but is DEFINATELY
    not a Power VR Ranger rip-off. It will find an audience and use
    computers to tie in with the program (internet bonuses) That all that is
    being described for now. What "extras" the internet can give is
    anybody's guess. I would also like to add that the new series is
    proposing to keep the world of Tron the same as the original...in the
    name of computer visuals.
    From i am ROGUE:
    IAR Exclusive: Bruce Boxleitner Gives an Update on 'TRON' Sequel and Animated Series
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jordan DeSaulnier"

In 1982, writer-director Steven Lisberger's TRON represented a major step forward in visual effects, but its technical accomplishments didn't make it the commercial success Disney was aiming for. The film then spent two decades gaining a fervent cult following, prompting Disney to create a big budget sequel in 2010. The studio made it abundantly clear that TRON: Legacy was meant to kickstart a new franchise, but there's been little movement on another theatrical TRON in the last year. Now, star Bruce Boxleitner himself has provided an update on the third TRON, as well as this year's animated series TRON: Uprising.

The actor has an extensive resume, and is well known to genre fans as Captain John Sheridan on Babylon 5, but he is certainly most well known for his role in TRON. In fact, he played two roles in the film. In the real-world scenes, he appeared as Encom computer programmer Alan Bradley, but once the story entered the digitized world, Boxleitner played the title character, an heroic security program. In TRON: Legacy he again played Bradley, as well as Tron, in flashback scenes that featured Boxleitner looking almost thirty years younger thanks to some digital effects.

At a Playboy Mansion party celebrating the Blu-ray and DVD release of Relativity Media's Immortals this week, IAR Managing Editor Jami Philbrick had the opportunity to talk to Bruce Boxleitner about the possible second TRON sequel.

While Tron did appear in TRON: Legacy, many fans were displeased that there simply wasn't enough of the character. Asked if we'd see more of Tron in another film, Boxleitner said simply, "Yes," and went on to say the story would be a direct continuation. "The last movie didn't end," he said. "It actually started the next movie and then went to black."

Director Joseph Kosinski made his feature directorial debut on Legacy, and the film's $400 million in global grosses made it the biggest debut in film history. The tremendous expense involved in producing and promoting the film, though, meant a smaller profit margin than that massive figure suggests. As such, there's been plenty of talk that another TRON might not go forward, but Boxleitner is enthusiastic.

"It's in the works," he explained. "Anything could happen, but all I can say is, it's in its formative stages. [Joseph
    Kosinski, who is slated for it, he's shooting another movie now, and then they'll get around to doing that. I think somewhere around 2014, maybe. I'm talking way out of school here, but they can't shoot me because I'm Tron."

Kosinski is currently directing another science fiction epic, alternately titled Oblivion and Horizons, for Universal Pictures. That film is set to hit theaters on July 19, 2013, after which, according to Boxleitner, the next TRON will proceed.

In June of last year, Disney hired screenwriter David DiGilio to write a script for the still-hypothetical sequel. Legacy screenwriting duo Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz could not return due to their duties executive producing the ABC series Once Upon a Time, but they're still involved TRON: Uprising, the animated series set to air on Disney XD this year. The reception to that series, which bridges the narrative gap between TRON and TRON: Legacy, will almost certainly be a gauge for the studio to determine continued audience interest in going back to the Grid.

Boxleitner lends his voice to TRON: Uprising, and said of the series, "I'm very proud of that. It's, I think, every bit as good as the movies. We have this tremendous talent, Elijah Wood, myself, Lance Henrikson, Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens, it just keeps going."

Asked about his exact role on the animated series, Boxleitner happily replied, "Who else would I be? I'm Tron. It's going to be on my gravestone, 'He was Tron.'"

That would be cool, I'd loved to see him come back for Tron 3.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

From Collider:
    [url=http://collider.com/edward-kitsis-adam-horowitz-once-upon-a-time-tron-3-interview/165939/]Creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz Talk ONCE UPON A TIME Season 1 Finale, Animated Series TRON: UPRISING, and Involvement with TRON 3[/url

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Radish
    If it happens, will you still be able to be involved with Tron 3, in some capacity?

KITSIS: Yes. We were actually beginning to write the sequel, and then Once Upon A Time happened and we had to step off. Adam and I have been made co-producers of it, and Disney hired a great writer, Dave DiGilio. We’ve seen the first draft and we’re very excited.

From BC:
    Watch! An Entire Chapter Of Tron: Uprising – Beck’s Beginning

'Tron: Uprising' nurses a franchise - Animated series on Disney XD could help lead to third film
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Graser
    "Tron: Legacy" grossed $400 million worldwide in 2010 and launched a successful line of consumer products as well as a theme park attraction at California Adventure. Now Disney hopes the latest spinoff of the 30-year-old "Tron" property -- the animated TV series "Tron: Uprising" -- finds a new, younger fanbase as the Mouse House develops a third film for the bigscreen.

Disney chief Bob Iger may not necessarily have had "Tron" in mind when he said he wants the studio to focus on launching tentpoles that can prop up all of the conglom's divisions, but he just may have a franchise on his hands nevertheless.

Kids cabler Disney XD is launching "Tron: Uprising" on June 7 with an immediate goal of appealing to the channel's target audience of 6- to 14-year-old boys.

The 3-year-old network is putting considerable coin behind the Disney Television Animation production, the channel's most expensive series to date. It features pricey CG animation produced in Tokyo, characters voiced by Elijah Wood, Bruce Boxleitner, Mandy Moore, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Nate Corddry, Lance Henriksen, Reginald VelJohnson, Tricia Helfer and Paul Reubens, as well as vehicle designs by Bugatti car designer Daniel Simon.

It's joining a schedule that features a Marvel block of toons "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" and "Ultimate Spider-Man," along with "Motorcity" and live-action shows like "Lab Rats.""Tron: Legacy" scribes and exec producers of ABC's "Lost" and "Once Upon a Time" Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and "Legacy" co-producer Justin Springer serve as consulting producers. "Legacy" composer Joseph Trapanese returns for the music.

The show's slick impressionistic look borrows liberally from the style of Japanese anime that's influenced other hit animated series like Cartoon Network's "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" and "ThunderCats," with its elongated characters designed to resemble basketball players, according to "Uprising's" exec producer and director Charlie Bean, whose credits include "Samurai Jack" and "Powerpuff Girls."

"The first film was a massive influence on me," Bean said. "If I was going to do an animated version of 'Tron,' I didn't want it to feel like a cheap version of the movies. We stylized it in a way you couldn't in a movie. For the 12-year-old in me, it's what I would want to see."

"Aeon Flux" also was an influence, with its lanky athletic characters fitting into the permanent midnight world Bean wanted to create with art director Alberto Mielgo and character designer Rob Valley (the Gorillaz musicvideos).

The show was developed with its young target audience in mind, through the introduction of a new character, Beck, a rebellious teen who leads a revolution against the evil Clu and his army.

Series also includes several strong female characters. "I hope this has a female audience, too," Bean said. "That was very interesting to me."

Disney also wants to satisfy existing fans, setting "Uprising" in between the two "Tron" films, revealing what happened to the citizens of the computer world the Grid after Clu takes control. Tron trains Beck to lead a revolt to free his home and friends.

It's no coincidence that the plot aims to fill the gaps of what was only touched upon in the most recent pic.

"We wanted to create something that would satisfy the loyal 'Tron' fanbase but also give new viewers the chance to enter the 'Tron' universe for the first time and understand it if they didn't see the movies," Horowitz said, while not straying too far from what the scribes established for feature follow-ups.

Naturally, Walt Disney Studios hopes "Uprising's" initial order of 18 episodes prove a strong enough ratings performer to help greenlight a sequel to "Legacy" that David DiGilio (who penned the Disney pic "Eight Below" and created the short-lived series "Traveler) is writing.

Horowitz and Kitsis had planned on returning to write the follow-up but will produce instead while serving as showrunners on "Once Upon A Time's" second season.

Disney already has revved up its marketing machine for the show, producing what it calls a 30-minute "prelude" episode that introduces Beck to auds that aired on Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney XD On Demand, YouTube, Disney XD's Facebook page and iTunes as a free download before the show's launch. The episode airs tonight.

Following the premiere, "Tron: Uprising" will be showcased via Disney XD on Demand, DisneyXD.com, Disney XD Mobile, on the Sony PlayStation and Xbox 360 videogame consoles and iTunes.

Disney XD also has split up the prelude into 10 micro-episodes that turn it into part interactive video and game where users take on the role of Beck and help him fight to become the next hero of the grid. Games like "Renegade Strike" will launch on DisneyXD.com after episode airings.

"This show is the perfect way to take advantage of all opportunities for our audiences while appealing to their families, too," said Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer of Disney Channels Worldwide. "It's expensive, yes, but I kept pushing our team to come up with something that hadn't been seen before. It's the kind of risk we feel is worth taking."

Bruce Boxleitner on Tron 3 : ‘It’s not an If, it’s a when’
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIVIA MARNE
    A third “TRON” movie will definitely happen, series star Bruce Boxleitner says.

“It’s not an if, it’s a when”, the veteran actor is quoted as saying in this month’s issue of SciFiNow magazine, adding that the movie has been in development for quite some time now.

The actor expects he’ll definitely be asked back to reprise Alan Bradley when the sequel emerges from development and transitions into the production phase. “I think Alan Bradley is a very important character, as well as Tron certainly. With one you get the other, I’m very excited about [Tron 3's] prospects.”

Boxleitner says he’s been pulled up by the brass at Disney before for prematurely announcing that another “Tron” was in the works, but believes speaking out of line may also be helping the film’s chances. It was the actor that first let slip that a second sequel to the 1982 film was in the works; the slip led the head of production at Disney to say, albeit tongue-in-cheek, “I guess we’ll have to make this now”.

Whether the big men follow through with their promise is another thing. If it happens, the actor says “he’s there” if Disney also decides they want him to reprise Tron, as well as Bradley.

From DEADLINE Friday June 24, 2011:
    Last H.O.P.E. at Showtime: Dave Digilio (Tron sequel) is writing/exec producing the project about the Last Hospital On Planet Earth.
    From DEADLINE Monday October 29, 2012:
    Shonda Rhimes To Produce Android Sci-Fi Thriller For ABC Written By Dave DiGilio
    Quote Originally Posted by NELLIE ANDREEVA
    DiGilio, creator of the ABC series Traveler, recently sold one-hour post-apocalyptic drama project Last Hope through Parkes/MacDonald. In features, he most recently wrote the Tron sequel at Disney. He is with UTA and Industry. MILA 2.0 joins two other two projects ICM Partners-repped Shondaland has at ABC, comedy I Hate LA Dudes from writer Issa Rae and comedic drama The Mix written by John Hoffman. With Rhimes busy shepherding three series she created — Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and departing Private Practice — she and her producing partner Beers focused on developing with other writers this season.
    I assume the script is finished and just waiting for a green light from the studio and for Joseph Kosinski to finish Oblivion.

From THR:
    'Tron' Sequel Back on the Grid at Disney (Heat VisionExclusive)
    The studio is moving forward on a follow-up to the 2010 reboot with writer Jesse Wigutow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borys Kit
    A new Tron is back in development at Disney.

The sequel to the 2010 reboot Tron: Legacy — called Tron 3 in some quarters — is moving a step forward with Disney in negotiations to hire Jesse Wigutow to pen the latest draft of the script.

Joseph Kosinski, who directed Legacy, is attached to helm this installment, which is being developed with a renewed purpose under Alan Horn, who took the reigns of Disney Studios in June.

Some considered the dark and trippy Legacy — which teamed newcomer Garrett Hedlund with Jeff Bridges, star of the 1982 original Tron — a lukewarm performer when it opened in December 2010. But the film grossed $400 million worldwide, good enough to spark interest in prolonging the franchise. With that foundation and a strong brand, Disney believes it can really go for broke with a new movie.

Plot details are being kept under wraps. David DiGilio wrote an earlier draft of the script. Justin Springer, a co-producer on Legacy, is producing Tron 3.

Wigutow is already working with Disney on the adaptation of Peter and the Starcatchers and worked on Parallel, another Disney project being produced by Springer. The scribe, who also wrote Eragon and worked on Relativity’s remake of The Crow and Summit's remake of The Osterman Weekend.

He is repped by UTA, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment, and Sloane Offer.

Inside Tom Cruise's 'Oblivion' Trailer - Director Joseph Kosinski speaks exclusively with MTV News about his sci-fi feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wilkinson
    On Building From "Tron" Technology
    "For this movie I had an idea of a new technique that I knew would provide a level of realism and immersion that you could never get from blue screen or green screen because the interactive lighting environment is something that always has to be faked. So I had an idea for something that was outlandish and I figured out with my DP audio [Claudio Miranda] how to actually pull it off. I'm really excited for people to see that in the movie because I think that from a technological point of view it was the most advanced thing I've ever done, and it was only possible because of the camera we had and the lenses we were using.

From Collider:
    Exclusive: TRON 3 Update from Director Joseph Kosinski; Talks Daft Punk’s Return, TRON 3′s Time Period, EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Comparisons, and More
    Speaking about the sequel, Kosinski says he thinks they’ve found an idea that makes the follow-up worth doing:
    “Well the only reason to go back, for me and I think for anyone involved would be if we could do something truly spectacular. We’ve been talking about it for a couple years and there’s always been this idea, a big idea, in the back of my head that we’ve been talking about. The idea itself, the notion of what the next Tron could be, is exciting enough that it would be worth going back to do it. Obviously we hinted some things at the end of Legacy, it’s kind of there for people to see what that potential is. So we just want to make sure that we have a script that delivers on that promise on an epic scale.”

TRON: Legacy was Kosinski’s first feature film as a director and was made under a bit of a time crunch, so Kosinski notes that he wants to have the script in tip-top shape before they start production:
    “I’ve said it would have to be our Empire Strikes Back for me to come back and for me to pull the whole team back together. I think we do have that idea. We do have the idea that feels big and really blows the doors off this franchise. It’s hinted at promises of something for two movies now, for thirty years, so it’s time to deliver on that. But the script’s got to be at a level that makes it worth going back for, because it’s a lot of work to make a movie like this and it’s a multi-year project. So we’ve got our writer Jesse Wigutow on it right now writing, and fingers crossed if it all comes together, as we hope it will, there could be another Tron in the next few years, and it’s going to be awesome.”

Regarding the story, Kosinski was unsurprisingly mum on details but he did reveal the time frame between Legacy and Tron 3:
    “I think time has passed. It feels like we’re kind of real-time in step. So however much time has passed since Legacy came out would also have transpired in the real world. So it will still be contemporary. So let’s say if the Tron sequel comes out in 2015, then four or five years have passed since the last movie.”

The filmmaker also teased that he would be bringing some new designs to the film instead of re-using material from Legacy:
    “I don’t want to say too much about it but the goal would not be to simply re-use. We’re not going to re-use the assets from Legacy, that’s no fun. If we’re going to do to it we’re going to reinvent all over again and it’s going to be a whole new generation for reasons that are very story-driven. That’s all I can say.”

As for whether the Legacy sequel could be Kosinski’s next film, the director seems cautiously optimistic:
    “There is certainly a chance, like I said; we’re writing the script now. Sometimes with these things all the pieces fall into place. I mean, we’ve been talking about this for years and we don’t have the script now, but sometimes things fall into place very quickly, and if everything lines up it could happen. That’s all I can say, it’s too early.”

One of the highlights of Legacy, in addition to Kosinski’s stirring visuals, was a fantastic score from Daft Punk. Steve asked if they would be returning for the follow-up, and Kosinski seems keen on “getting the band back together” so to speak:
    “When it comes to building the team up for soundtrack they would absolutely be my first call. As to whether or not they would do it, it depends on what they’re doing at the time. They are very methodical in how they pick their next project, and they would only do it if they felt that they could dedicate themselves a hundred percent to that. I know they have another album coming out, I’m sure that’s going to be their next big project, which I assume is going to be followed by a massive tour. So, you know, hopefully if they’ve got the time and the creative willingness to dive back in.”

The filmmaker notes that Daft Punk created plenty of tracks that Kosinski didn’t use in Legacy, so they’ve already got a leg-up on the music for the sequel:
    “Remember, there are a lot of tracks that they created that I still have that I wasn’t able to fit into TRON: Legacy. So we’ve already got a head start on some great tracks for the future, which I’m really excited about. Like I said, they would be my first call.”

Joseph Kosinski Talks Tron 3
    'This one is going outside the box'
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil de Semlyen
    In town to talk Oblivion, Joseph Kosinski also has an eye firmly fixed on his follow-up to Tron Legacy. The third in the Tron franchise is currently at the script stage and gearing up for pre-production and no doubt a world of funky, space-aged design work.

"Tron 3 delivers on the promise of Tron Legacy, particular the final scenes," elaborates the director. "There's a big clue there as to where we'll go with the next one. There's some characters we establish at the beginning of Tron Legacy who have a much larger role in Tron 3." Sounds like Cillian Murphy's Edward Dillinger Jr. will have some work to do next time around, following in the footsteps of his previous work playing a son-of-a-CEO role in Inception... Click below for the video itself.

And will Tron 3 build on Tron Legacy's five IMAX sequences? "I love IMAX as a format," adds Kosinski, who shot Oblivion in 75mm. "So, yes, absolutely. It will be an IMAX film."

CBM:
    'TRON 3' And 'THE BLACK HOLE' Update From Joseph Kosinski
    "Oblivion" director Joseph Kosinski briefly discusses abstract elements of the plot for "Tron 3" and also touches on "Blackhole," calling it a reboot rather than a remake. How excited are you for more Tron?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Julian
    "Oblivion" director Joseph Kosinski spoke with Entertainment Tonight for the upcoming release of his Tom Cruise lead sci-fi feature on home video. However, ET has cut a portion of that interview to focus on talks of Kosinski's next two projects, "Black Hole" and "Tron 3." Jon Spaights is writing "Black Hole" while Jesse Wigutow is working on the script for the third Tron outing. Kosinski says that "Tron 3" will pick up right where the sequel left off with Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and Quorra (Olivia Wilde) returning to the real world. "The Black Hole" will be a reboot of the 1979 science fiction film which returning astronauts find a black hole on their way back to Earth. A bit of trivia, famed comic book artist Jack Kirby drew an adaptation of the film for the comic strip Walt Disney's "Treasury of Classic Tales."

Source: ET